Responsibility

My Heart Chose You (Sequel To: It Started With A New Year's Kiss)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happy Valentine's Day, Haneul. I love you."

Haneul couldn't believe her ears. Well at the back of her mind, she kind of knew that L had prepared an event like this but she chose not to believe it. And now standing in front of her was L, holding the bouquet of red roses and smiling sweetly at her.

"I-I.. Um.. What's going on here, oppa?" Haneul carefully asked, not daring to take the roses.

"Haneul, it's time for me to tell you the truth. We've never really talked about this but I want you to know that I kissed you that night on New Year's Eve because I'm in love with you. I have been in love with you since day one. The first time I saw you, I fell for you. I know it's cheesy or hard to believe but I've never been in love before. Ever since I saw you that morning when you cutely tripped and fell, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I wanted to approach you but I couldn't. Until.. that night. I couldn't stand watching you get hurt by another guy, when I saw you cry I just felt like comforting you." L sincerely confessed.

Haneul just stared at L, trying to digest every single word he said. L held both her shoulders with the bouquet of roses still in his hand and searched her eyes. "Haneul? Say something."

As much as Haneul was deeply touched by L's efforts and actions, her heart belonged to someone else who had been with her for 18 years of her life.

"I'm.. sorry.." Haneul dropped her head and stared blankly at the ground. The moment L heard the word 'sorry', his heart broke. His hands fell slowly off Haneul's shoulders. He had expected for this to happen but it didn't occur to him that it would hurt so much. He wasn't prepared.

"I'm sorry oppa.. I'm really touched by all this, and thankful for your confession, and you were my first kiss but.. I-I can't accept you. I'm sorry..." Haneul looked up and squeezed L's hands.

L's eyes widened. "I was your first kiss??" Haneul couldn't believe that she had accidentally slipped it out of . "Y-yes.."

That made L go speechless for a moment. Now that he knew they were each other's first kiss, that made Haneul more special t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter