A Little Too Late

My Heart Chose You (Sequel To: It Started With A New Year's Kiss)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul entered the classroom with a confused expression. What surprise could L have meant? But as soon as she met eyes with Daehyun all her thoughts about L disappeared. Daehyun straightened up and smiled at her. *Don't smile at me. You'll make it harder for me to forget you.* Haneul thought as she awkwardly smiled back.

Haneul placed her bag on her chair and took out the chocolate lollies she made. "Happy Valentine's Day!" She handed packets of chocolate lollies to her friends. "OMG Thank you Haneul! I've been waiting for these since last night!" Suzy beamed and opened her packet lollies.

"Eyy how did you know I was going to make these for you guys?" Haneul crossed her arms on the desk and rested her cheek on her palm. "Like duh. You always make these for us every Valentine's Day because we're sooo special to you. Thank you Haneul!" Jiyoung hugged and kissed Haneul on the cheek.

Minyoung took hers and thanked Haneul. "No problem." Haneul nodded.

Daehyun slowly took his packet of lollies and softened. *You didn't forget me. I thought you weren't going to give these to me since I'm kinda with Minyoung now. Well not that I want to be with her of course.* Daehyun nearly said the last sentence out loud.

"Thank you, Haneul. I'll eat these later." Daehyun said, looking intensely at Haneul in the eye. "You're welcome." Haneul replied, looking back into Daehyun's eyes. *Why do you have to look at me like that? You're killing me, Daehyun-ah.*

"So, did you give your neighbour boyfriend chocolate lollies too?" Suzy asked casually, interrupting the heated staring moment between Haneul and Daehyun.

"He's not my boyfriend. But yes I did give him some this morning." Haneul averted her gaze to Suzy.

*WHAT? He received some from Haneul too?* Daehyun thought in anger.

"Oooo~ You guys should totally go out. You look good together." Jiyoung claimed, clapping her hands.

"What? No! I don't see him in that way. And I think he doesn't see me in that way too." Haneul shook her head.

"Why not? He seems like a good person. He's nice to you too, right?" Minyoung asked, a hopeful look plastered on her face. She had secretly been hoping Haneul would get together with L so that she wouldn't feel insecure of Daehyun and Haneul anymore.

*It's because I'm in love with Daehyun. Whom you took away from me.* Haneul wanted to answer but she didn't want to start a drama now, did she? "Um.. I don't know. I only just got to know him over a month ago." Haneul shrugged.

The bell rang, signalling the first class was about to start. Everyone went to their own seats and Daehyun took one last glance at Haneul and sighed. *I should confess to her. Before it's too late.*

-----

When school ended that day, Daehyun was relieved when Minyoung told him she couldn't go back home with him because her mom was pick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter