Trip To The Supermarket

My Heart Chose You (Sequel To: It Started With A New Year's Kiss)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The journey to the supermarket was awkward. Haneul was mentally slapping her face along the way and L could sense that she was uncomfortable. He had regretted for lying but he couldn't help it if his mouth seemed to have a brain of its own and start blabbering lies.

L was too happy that his clumsy girl finally knew of his existence and they even shared a kiss. But little did he know that Haneul was disappointed because she actually wanted her first kiss to be Daehyun.

To break the ice, L spoke up first. "So which school do you go to?"

"I go to Seoul High. What about you?" Haneul responded.

"I graduated high school last year. I'm a first year university student now." L glanced and smiled at her.

Haneul smiled back nervously. "Which university are you attending?"

"Seoul National University." L simply replied. "Wow. That's like the best uni in the whole country. So you must be very smart, huh?" Haneul said in awe. She was impressed and L couldn't help but to feel elated. He mentally bumped his fist to his chest.

"I'm not that smart. Just lucky." He humbly replied. Haneul smiled to herself. This time it was a sincere smile without having to feel awkward or nervous.

Soon, they reached the supermarket. Inside, both of them panicked on what to buy since they originally didn't plan to go there. * did I even bring my wallet?* L felt his jeans pockets and sighed in relief when he found a 10 dollar bill in his right pocket.

Haneul was deciding on what to buy. *Chips? Appa bought five bags of those two nights ago. Chocolate? I have tonnes at home. Omma would have a fit if I bought more. Ugh why did I lie in the first place? Probably I should ask him what is he getting and say I'm getting that too.* She turned to L and asked, "What are you-" She stopped breathing when she noticed L was standing so close to her.

L looked down to meet her eyes and his heart when ba-bump. For a second, Haneul was mesmerised as she gazed back into his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter