VACATION...GRANTED~!

A Long Overdued Confession

 

JONGHYUN POV

My heart was beating rapidly as I waited to hear what it was our manager hyung had to say. The tension coming off of all five members of SHINee was so thick you could've cut it with a knife. I was frozen where I sat as if my body had forgotten to move.

"After what happened yesterday..." Manager hyung began and we all looked down in shame murmuring "I'm sorry". Yesterday had been terrible and I had played a rather big part in it. Losing my temper like that, to the point where I had pushed Onew hyung and for it all to have been witnessed by Lee Soo-Man hyung-nim of all persons had been even worse. Our manager hadn't said anything more after those few words and so I looked up to find the others also looking at him. He just sat there staring at us and then he did something very surprising. He started laughing!  Bewildered we managed something truly impressive...the five way look. "You should see your faces." He continued laughing as we stared at him confused. Was he losing it? Was the stress of managing us what had caused him to snap? "Sorry to disappoint you kids but I'm not here to persecute you guys."  He'd stop laughing "After yesterday, Lee Soo-Man hyung-nim has decided to send SHINee on a pension for two weeks."

WHAT?! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I looked at the other members to see them all staring at our manager in shock. We'd all been expecting admonishment and perhaps some form of punishment or something. Anything but this! I couldn't believe my ears. Maybe our manager was just trolling us as a way to get back at us.

"Is.." a voice said softly. I turned to see it was Key who was speaking. He cleared his throat before continuing. "Is this some kind of joke?"

Our manager just laugh and shook his head.

"Hidden camera?" Taemin asked cautiously looking around and again our manager just shook his head smiling.

"Hyung you're not lying to us right?" Onew hyung asked hesitantly and our manager laughed again.

"Look at you guys! Shouldn't you be happy? You're going on a vacation for two weeks." Our manager said smiling.

And it was as if it had finally sunk in. We were really going on a vacation! "YAY~!!" Taemin and Key exclaimed throwing the pillows they'd been gripping up into the air with big happy smiles on their faces.

"Where are we going, hyung?" I asked our manager excitedly.

"Anywhere you want to in South Korea." He replied. Seeing our slightly disappointed look he continued. "As it's only for two weeks."

"Really?" Minho asked surprised. I was too. It didn't matter that it was right in the South Korea, we were given a reprieve.

"Are we all going together?" Onew hyung asked and I looked up at our manager quickly.

"You could go together or separately." Our manager informed us.

This was the best news ever! Where did I want to go? I looked over at Key was staring dazed at our manager. It'd be nice if I could go somewhere quiet with Key. Although I wouldn't mind if they decided they wanted all five of us to go together. Still I'd like it even better if I could be alone with Key, just the two of us in our own private world. The more I thought about it, the more appealing it sounded to me. As if sensing my gaze he turned towards me and then quickly looked down flushing. Maybe he'd been thinking the same as I had. While I had been thinking of where I would like to go with Key it had occurred to me. I knew where I'd like to go.

"So have you guys decided where you want to go?"

Jeju Island!" We all said at once and then looked at each other. Oh crud! This wasn't good.

"Yah! I don't wanna spend my vacation with all of you!" Onew hyung said jokingly.

"We could go together and then go our separate ways and do separate stuff." Minho suggested.

"That is an excellent idea!" Taemin piped in excitedly. "Hyung can we stay at different hotels or something?"

"Yes I think that could be arranged. Although..." Our manager said and we stared hanging onto his every word. "You'd have to do it in mini-groups."

"Hmm.." Onew hyung said pondering. "So it's a matter of who will go with whom.."

"Hyung you, me and Minho can be in one team and Jonghyun hyung and Key hyung can be in another team." Taemin said to Onew hyung excitedly. I could've kissed the maknae for pairing me up with Key. Or maybe just give him a big hug and buy him loads of banana milk. I looked over at Key to find him staring at the maknae incredulously.

"Huh?" Minho asked staring at Taemin.

"Well..." Taemin began obviously searching for an answer. I didn't know why he'd suggested these pairings but I was too happy by it so I decided to help him out.

"I don't mind going with Key if Key doesn't mind." I said smiling at Key intently. All eyes turned to Key.

"Well Kibum?" our manager asked.

"Uh yeah I don't mind either." He mumbled quietly and I could've grinned brightly. As it is I just smiled sweetly at him and he returned it.

"Well then that's settled. Unless you three object to your group up?" The manager looked at Onew hyung, Minho and Taemin questioningly. I prayed desperately that nobody decides that they wanted to switch.

"We're okay here too." Onew hyung said as they other too nodded they're consent.

"Yeah wouldn't wanna be in Jonghyun hyung's shoes. He's gonna get nagged at alot by Kibum." Minho said teasingly and Key threw a pillow at him.

"Good well I'll be off. Be packed and ready to leave for Jeju Island tomorrow morning." Our manager said as he got up to leave. We followed him out to the door and he left.

Back in the living we looked at each other and started screaming happily, grabbing each other and jumping up and down like crazy. We were elated and relieved! I grabbed Key lifted him up and spun him around. "We're going on a vacation to Jeju Island." I said happily and he beamed down at me.

"OMG! We need to start packing for our vacation!" Key said his eyes widening when I set him down. At the word 'vacation' we were jumping up and down again with excitement.

"Alright kids! Let's get packing!!!" Onew hyung said with a big grin and we all scurried off to pack our bags.

-----

Later that night, after dinner, I went into the kitchen and found Key again cleaning up. He'd just hang out the dishrag when I hugged him tightly from behind. He jumped and turned his head around but there was a smile there.

"Of course it's you." He said smiling and turning around fully in my arms.

"Expecting someone else?" I asked pouting up at him.

He laughed. "Nope."

I pulled him closer and kissed him lightly for a while. "Looks like you've got me for a partner for this vacation, Kibum." I said nuzzling his neck.

"Hmm..Looks that way." He replied lightly burying his head in my neck planting light kisses there. I moaned softly as he made his way up my jaw line and then our lips met again. This time in a more passionate kiss. When we finally broke the kiss he said, "We should go sleep. Tomorrow's gonna be exciting."

"Mmmhmm.. I'll have you all to myself for two whole weeks from tomorrow." I murmured softly kissing his lips again. I loved his lips. They were so soft and fitted so well against mine. It still felt like the first time every time I kissed him. "I'm really looking forward to that."

"Hmm..me too Jonghyunie. Me too." And that was the end of our conversation for a while as our lips were busy.

When we came up for air, I pressed my forehead against his and sigh. "We should go sleep." I murmured and he pulled back and nodded. His hands ran down my chest and I shuddered. "Kibum.."

He smiled and then kissed the tip of my nose before ducking out of my arms. "Good night hyung." He said smiling and then paused at the door and turned back to look at me pouting at him. He smiled again and mouthed, "Saranghae."

I smiled happily at him as I mouthed back "Saranghae." With my heart still skipping happily in my chest, I headed off to bed with great anticipation for the coming weeks. It was amazing how quickly I fell asleep. 

 

 

a/n SHINee going on vacation~! Took me a while to decide where to send them...They're so happy for vacation~!

      

       JONGKEY GOES ON VACATION TOGETHER~~^^

       Maybe something hot will happen~!

       Maybe something hot will happen~~~^^