Tense!

A Long Overdued Confession

 

ONEW POV

"Hyung!" a voice called while I felt myself shake violently. Were we having an earthquake? "HYUNG!" the voice called again. That voice seemed vaguely familiar. Groggily I forced my eyes a fraction of an inch open. Someone was leaning over me and the violent shaking was because the person was shaking me.

"Go away..." I murmured sleepily pulling the sheet over my head.

Suddenly the sheet got ripped off of me and the person was shaking me again. "HYUNG!! Hyung wake up. Our manager is here to speak with us."

Why does this person keep trying to disturb me up from my beautiful sleep? The shaking continued. I was beginning to get really annoyed now but wait...what had the person said? Something about our manager? Eh? I pried my eyes open to find Minho coming back into the room with wet hands. Immediately I was wide awake. You didn't need a fully functioning brain to figure out what he'd been going to do.

"YAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I exclaimed and he stopped in his track.

"Oh you're finally up." He said shaking his head. "Let's go. Manager hyung is in the living room with the others. He says he has some things to tell us."

My eyes widened and all the sleep went out of me. This was the meeting we'd all been dreading ever since that day. It wasn't something I wanted to remember and the fact that manager hyung had witnessed it had made things worse. It had been another day in the practice studio in front of all those mirrors, SHINee had been rehearsing their moves. They had all been physically and mentally drained but they had willed their body into motion because they had wanted their stages to be perfect and blow their fans away. Exhaustion that day had been their number one enemy. They'd been promoting non-stop, rushing from one schedule to another with barely enough tine to grab a meal. With just barely two hours of sleep before they made their way back into the studio to go it over again and again, nerves were stretched taut and tempers were surface level.

It had started innocently enough with a misstep by Jonghyun that we had smiled off but then it continued to Key who stumbled out of formation because my hand had hit him. Still things had continued some what calmly but our bodies were exhausted and on auto-pilot. Mistakes and accidents began piling up that would normally not be there. Things may have progressed a bit ok I guess had it not been for the fact that our manager had been there watching us and voicing his annoyance at our mistakes. Telling us to do it over and over again until it was flawless. I knew he had our best interest at heart and that he didn't want our big stage to have any flaws that would be heavily critiqued. I knew we had a name to live up to but as easy going as I was I was ready to snap. Only Jonghyun beat me to it when Key stumbled and bumped into Taemin who then bumped into Minho throwing the whole formation in disarray.

"Yah what the hell?!" Jonghyun had said annoyed staring at the other members as they shuffled about on lifeless feet.

"Again! Do it again! How are you guys supposed to perform on stage like this?" our manager had said getting up to look at us with distaste. "This performance is not even worthy of trainees! Do it again!"

"Maybe we should take a break--" I began about to sit down before my feet gave out on me but manager hyung cut me off.

"There is no time for breaks with a performance this lacking!" He said nearly shouting and I could see the members faces darkening. "Is this what you're really capable of? This level of performance is is just inexcusable and horrid to watch."

I saw the storm coming a few seconds before it hit. "Forgive me but we happen to be humans not slaves." Jonghyun snapped angrily at our managers. "We're not some toy that you can just wind up and set it to run though that is pretty much how we've been functioning as of late."

"Jonghyun.." I said quietly trying to not let the situation get out of hand even though I strongly agreed with what he said.

"You! Don't you dare talk to me in that tone! I am elder to you!" Our manager said "Don't forget that I made you into what you are today. Don't forget how much you owe this company and myself. We placed a lot of effort into turning all of you into the shining star you are today! And you would do well to remember that!"

"Yes we get what you're saying. We're just money making tools owned by the ever great SM Entertainment!" This time it was Key who exploded.

"Kim Kibum!" The manager huffed angrily but before he could say more Minho cut in.

"So what? Now we're not even allowed to say what we think?" Minho asked belligerently. "He speaks the truth. Even though we had been busy preparing for our comeback you guys agreed to let me do Idol Olympics. I had to stay there for 22 hours straight with my injured ankle, tired and then show up still for activities!"

This wasn't going to end well. I tried to calm things down. "Guys-" I began before I got cut off.

"I WILL NOT SIT THERE AND LISTEN TO THIS!" our manager said getting up and leaving the room.

There was a deadly silence. And then a small voice said, "Well this ."

I turned to see Taemin sitting on the floor in a corner of the room with his head bent over his knees.

"This is all your fault Kibum. If you hadn't messed up so many times----" Minho started rounding on Key.

"What the f**k?!" Key exclaimed turning on Minho like an angry bull. Oh God don't tell me they were gonna fight amongst themselves now. "What did you just say?"

"Yah Minho-ah, don't but the blame on Kibum." Jonghyun said in a deadly quiet voice. Oh ! Things were really gonna go south of pleasant if I don't stop them.

"He didn't mess up the most." the small voice said again. Taemin was standing up now looking at Kibum with his arms crossed. "Because of him we had to hear all those bad things from the manager." Oh God not Taemin too! What do I do? 

"Oh like you've never made mistakes." Key rounded on Taemin like a vulture. "Oh right I forgot. You're boy wonder dancing machine Lee Taemin!!"

"At least I'm not a diva." Taemin shot back. Holy f**k! Since when did our maknae had such a mouth on him? Key's eyes were flashing angrily as were Jonghyun. Before Jonghyun opened his mouth to speak Taemin continued. "Of course you're always ready to defend him." He glared pointedly at Jonghyun "Afterall you're---" He stopped himself short.

"I'm what?" Jonghyun question getting right up into the maknae's face.

"Guys stop this right now!" I said but no one was listening to me. They were all busy glaring at each other. "GUYS!"

"Let go of me!" Taemin shouted at Jonghyun. WAS I INVISIBLE OR SOMETHING?

"I want to hear what you were going to say about me." Jonghyun replied and Minho grabbed Jonghyun's hand.

"He said to let him go." Minho said "Always having Key hide behind your defense like a woman."

"WHAT?" Key screeched. "I DON'T NEED TO HIDE BEHIND ANYBODY!!! I'M NO F**KING DIVA EITHER!"

Alright this was as far as it goes. "GUYS!!" I bellowed and they turned to glare at me. "WILL YOU GUYS JUST SHUT THE F**K UP AND LISTEN TO ME! JONGHYUN LET GO OF TAEMIN."

They just stared at me for a while and then went back to bickering with each other. Oh now I was mad!

"I THOUGHT I SAID SHUT THE F**K UP!" I YELLED SUPER ANGRY NOW. "I'M YOUR LEADER AND ELDEST. LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SPEAK. STOP THIS STUPID BICKERING RIGHT AWAY!"

"Leader?" Jonghyun said turning on me. He shoved Taemin away roughly. "So now you know you're leader? Why didn't you speak up when the manager was hurling those insults at us? Why didn't use your leader authority to stick up for us when it was obvious that we were all dead on our feet and yet the manager kept telling us to do it again and again without stop?" Great! They stopped fighting with each other and ganging up on me now. "IF YOU'RE LEADER WHY DON'T YOU ACT LIKE A F**KING ONE?!!" He shoved me hard enough that I felt to the ground hard. I was raring to get up and tackle Jonghyun when Lee Soo-Man hyung walked in followed by our manager hyung.

Shocked we all just froze staring at him like idiots. He looked at us for a while and then sighed sadly like we'd disappointed him somehow. It was understandable and I'm sure all of us felt a little ashamed of our actions.

"Go back to the dorm and take tomorrow off." was all he said before turning to our manager and asked him to follow him to his office.

There was dread filling all of us now and Jonghyun reached out a hand to me. I looked up to find him looking at me silently.

"I'm sorry I pushed and yelled at you hyung." he said quietly. Sigh. These kids. I grabbed his hand unexpectedly and pulled him down. He let out a surprised yell and I laughed getting up quickly.

"That's pay back. Now we're even." I said and he frowned for a while before a small smile began forming on his lips. Someone snickered and then all of us were laughing and apologizing to each other. With the tension eased, we made our way back to the dorm that afternoon closer than we were when we had headed out to the studio that morning.

We had made up with each other and apologized to Lee Soo-Man hyung and then our manager and he had apologized to us. Our manager hyung had sent us off home with a "Oh I must speak with you guys tomorrow about something very important." and he had refused to say more quickly disappearing back into the building. So here we were now altogether in the living room waiting for what he had to say to us.

 

 

a/n HI~~Well writing this chapter flashback was kinda hard as I don't see them as the kind to fight among themselves...oh well I tried..LOLZ

     

       Well what do you think it is the manager will say to them??

     

       Onew wonder...STAY TUNE TO FIND OUT~~!! And for more JongKey~~

       READ LOVE AND ENJOY~~ANNEONG~

      

       Bright smiles from JongKey to brighten your day~~hehe