Recovery & Celebration

A Long Overdued Confession

 

 

Onew POV

"Oh!' Lee Joon poked his head into Jonghyun's hospital room and caught sight of Kibum sitting on Jonghyun's bed wiggling his legs. Huh? And then he saw Jonghyun looked up and Lee Joon had to laugh. Jonghyun's nose was completely bandaged giving him a rather comical look. He frowned at Joon's laugh just as I poked my head in around Joon.

"Hyungs!" Jonghyun said smiling slightly as we closed the door and gathered around his bed. "Omo..Flowers for me.." We handed him the flowers and he grinned. "So this is how it feels to get flowers from hyungs.." He continued grinning wiggling the two bouquet of flowers happily.

"Don't get too used to it." I snorted at the same time Joon said,"Oh yah it's a new experience for me too. You're the only one who's gotten flowers from me.."

Jonghyun posed the scandalized posed; hand over mouth, eyes fluttering, the whole works, causing all of us to laugh. "I'm honoured to be your first." He said with a sleazy smile fluttering his eyes some more evoking more laughter.

"How come I didn't get flowers too?" Kibum asked pouting.

Jonghyun pulled out a stem of flower from one of the bouquet and gave it to Kibum,"Here you go Bummie."

"Ah, yah Jonghyun hyung-" Key began before Joon cut him off.

"Yah..Why are you so cheap?" Joon said teasingly "How could you give someone a single flower from a whole big bouquet."

"Wae? This is mine why should I share? From the goodness of my heart I gave him one," Jonghyun said and then he turned to Key and grabbed the flower. "If he doesn't want it I'll just take it back."

"Yah!" Key grabbed the flower back and hit him with it. "This is mine now." Key poked him some more with the flower.

"Yah Jonghyun-ah you're such a stingy meanie.." I said and he stuck his tongue out at me childishly.

"Mehrong"

"How are you feeling Key-sshi?" Joon asked Key just as my phone vibrated.

I had a message from Taemin:

>>hyung how's jonghyun hyung and key hyung? as soon as i'm done here i'll come over<<

I quickly typed:

>>they're both ok and awake.come when you can.<<

I looked up to see the others talking and laughing with each other. "Taemin says he'll come by as soon as he can," I said interrupting whatever Key was about to say.

"Where's he?" Key asked frowning slightly.

"He's with Jongin doing a shoot. They might come together." I answered just as Lee Joon's phone rang. He went outside to answer it. "So how are the both of you?"

"We're fine," Jonghyun said smiling brightly and Key nodded. "Better than fine." He continued looking at Key who quickly looked away but not before I saw the faint blush. Hmm..I was definitely missing something here. Whatever. The more important thing is that they're both ok and for that I was grateful.

"Don't you scare us like that ever again Jonghyun-ah!" I said looking sternly at Jonghyun and he nodded sheepishly. "We were all worried sick about you. Key had a complete breakdown! Taemin had a mini one. Never ever do this to us again! We're a family Jonghyun and if anything is wrong with one of us none of the other of us can be ease at heart."

And as if to emphasize that, just then Minho texted me. 

>>hyung did you see jonghyun hyung and kibum yet? how are they? i'll comeback as soon as filming is finished. anyways give my wishes to them both. gotta go.<<

"Hey guys, sorry I've to go now." Lee Joon said as I was about to read the text. "Jonghyun, Key do take care of yourself. I'll see you guys soon. Lemme know when Jonghyun gets released."

"Okay thanks for coming bye." Jonghyun said shaking Joon's hands and then he grinned mischievously. "And thanks for the flowers handsome." Joon laughed.

"Bye hyung." Key said and I nodded at Joon as he turned to leave.

"Minho sends his well wishes." I said remembering my text.

"Where is he?" Key asked as I quickly typed out a reply to Minho.

>>they're awake and fine. i gave them your well wishes.<<

"Mmm. Oh yeah didn't I tell you?" I said and they shook their head. "He's filming for Dream Team."

They rolled their eyes. Some time later, Taemin came and just as I had predicted Jongin came with him. We had a good time talking and laughing together until the nurse came and told us that visiting hours were over. With a word from Jonghyun, Key relented to going back to the dorm. It was with a  happy heart that we all left the hospital. Yes. Everything was gonna be okay and soon SHINee will be on stage all five of them together again.

 

*******************************************************************

 

Couple weeks later...

TAEMIN POV

SHINee's dorm was in a hustle and bustle. Today Jonghyun hyung was going to return to the dorm. It had been decided that they would throw a little welcome home party for him. After hyung had been discharged from the hospital he had gone home to rest with his mom and dad. This morning manager hyung had called us together to inform us that Jonghyung would be coming back to the dorms this afternoon. I had proposed a little get together and Key hyung had seconded the motion. So here we were with the assistance of Kai and some other members of EXO decorating the dorm. Minho hyung had volunteered to pick up the cake on his way in as he would be returning just before noon. Time flew by quickly as we worked together pouring our heartfelt feelings into the task of decorating.

"Taemin!" a voice called and I turned to see Kai beckoning me. "Help me tie these up together." He said pointing at the numerous balloons floating around the room. There was no way they'd all be ready to go up with just the two of us. I looked around the room.

"Yah Sehun-ah! Come help us here with these." I called after I saw he had nothing else to do as the last streamer went up. Eventually the others came over and started tying the balloons up. With some many hands at work, we had them all up and were ready when Minho came in the door.

"Wow! This looks great." He exclaimed and I grinned feeling proud of my hard work being appreciated. "Ah here's the cake." Key hyung collected the cake and went to put it on the designated table. Satisfied that everything was perfect we beamed at each other as Minho headed off to go put his stuff away.

"Yah guys, Jonghyun has arrived. I just got a text from manager hyung." Onew hyung said and we all could feel the excitement level shoot up.

"We should hide!" Sehun said. "And when hyung comes in we can give him a surprise."

"Brilliant! Let's do that." Onew hyung said and we all grinned as we hurried off to find hiding place.

A few seconds later we heard the door open and then close.

"Yah I'm home!" A voice called. It was Jonghyun hyung. We all waited with hushed breaths as we heard him moving from the foyer into the living room mumbling, "Huh? Aren't they home? Hyung said they were here--OH!"

 

****************************************

 

JONGHYUN POV

"Yah I'm home!" I called as I stepped into the dorm and closed the door. Nothing but dead silence answered me. That was strange. I made my way to the living room muttering to myself, ""Huh? Aren't they home? Hyung said they were here--OH!"

"SURPRISE!!!!!!"

They all jumped out from everywhere all at once grinning at me. I was stunned speechless. I barely had time to take in the beautifully decorated room and all the faces here when someone launched themself into me. I looked down and saw that it was Taemin and he had a big grin plastered on his face.

"Welcome home, hyung." He said giving me a big hug. There was a resounding "Welcome home hyung" from my dongsaengs in the room and my eyes watered deeply touched by what they had done. A hand clapped me on my shoulder as Taemin let go of me. I turned to see Onew hyung smiling at me.

"Welcome back Jonghyung-ah." He smiling and I smiled as I was incapable of words at the moment. I looked around the room taking it all in, letting it sink in. They had done this for me. Just as a tear slipped out my gaze found him. There he was standing next to Minho at the table where a lovely cake was waiting for me. But I only had eyes for Key at that moment. Sensing my gaze he looked at me and smiled happily and that was when the words came to me.

I grinned. "Is this all just for little old me?"

"Aniyo," Key said hooking his hand through Taemin's. "We were just bored and decided to liven the place up a bit. Taemin suggested a get together and so here we are." Taemin grinned toothily at me. Our adorable maknae that he is.

"Ah ha..Might've worked had it not been for the 'SURPRISE' and the sign saying 'Welcome Home Jonghyun-sshi'" I said moving to the table to point at the sign.

"Ahh...hyungs we've been found out.." Sehun spoke up his eyes twinkling.

I laughed and then turned to all of them and said, "Thank you all of you. My band members, thank you. My hoobaes, thank you. I really appreciate it." I cleared my throat and fought back the tears as they murmured 'you're welcome'

"Well now let's cut the cake and eat," Key said picking up the knife and moving to cut the cake. Taemin nodded enthusiastically.

"Yah why are you cutting my cake?" I asked playfully taking the knife away from him. He looked at me questioningly.

"Why can't I cut it?" Key asked

"Because it's my cake." I said smiling and he rolled his eyes. I proceeded to cut the cake and then we all took piece and ate along with the other stuff they had prepared.

After we had finished eating, I spoke up again, "So I was thinking." they looked up at me. "I got flowers when I was in the hospital, and now cake. Who's gonna give me the kiss?"

Somebody threw a balloon at me. "Hyung go sleep." Minho said shaking his head but he was smiling.

I turned towards Key who was sitting next to me and smiled suggestively at me. "Will it be you Kibum-sshi?"

He blushed slightly and then he said,"Yeobo." And then he took some of the whips cream and put it on my nose grinning.

I 'harumphed' playfully and everyone laughed. Over all it had been a very enjoyable time with everybody and I was determined to get that kiss from Key when the EXO hoobaes had left and the other members had gone to bed.

 

----

 

Later that night, as the other members headed off to bed I set out to look for Key. He was in the kitchen packing away some of the dishes used. Sneaking up quietly behind him I wrapped my arms around him and he jumped looking around wildly.

"Anneong~" I said smiling at his look of bewilderment.

"Hyung what are you doing? You nearly made me drop one of the glass cup." He said turning back to the said glass cup.

"Mmm." I muttered nuzzling his neck noticing the small shiver that went through him. That satisfied me deeply. I wanted to make him shiver more. He had been constantly on my mind when I had been at my parents home resting. Sure we'd talked over the phone but that had never been enough. Having him in my arms like this felt great. I was home and with my Key. I was working my way up to nuzzle his ears when he turned around to face me. Well Hell this was even better.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" He said looking around no doubt wondering if anyone else was around.

"There all in their bed." I murmured pulling him closer. "I came for my goodnight kiss."

He blushed deeply looking down at my chest. Ahh my Bummie was so cute. Holding him close I buried my face in his neck just hugging him tenderly. After a couple seconds I felt his arms wrap around my neck and I sighed in contentment. We stood like that for a while, our hearts beating rapidly together. I planted a light kiss on the nape of his neck and he shivered again.

"Hyung.." he breathed and I moved back slightly to look at his face. It was flushed, his eyes bright.

I took his chin in my hand and then lightly pressed my lips against his. They parted softly under mine and we kissed softly and gently like that. His tongue ran lightly over my bottom lips and my breath hitched. I nibbled playfully on his delicious lips and they parted again for me. Without a seconds thought I slipped my tongue into his mouth. I could feel his surprise momentarily and then we were kissing each other passionately, hungrily as we griped each other tightly. Somebody moaned. Whether it was him or me or both of us I couldn't tell. It didn't matter. This was what we had been missing. This was what we wanted, what we needed. No one else existed besides us at this moment.

"Key.." I murmured softly pressing my head against his. My whole body felt hot and his face was flushed as I suppose mine was as well. I kissed him again softly. "I love you, Kibum" I said looking deeply into his eyes.

He blushed brighter and said, "I love you too." And so I kissed him again. After a while, at the sound of footsteps approaching we broke apart with Key returning to his washing and I turned to grab a glass of water.

"Yah you're gonna wash that yourself," he said eyeing the glass in my hand. Before I could reply the footsteps owner came in the kitchen. It was Taemin.

"Hyungs," he said in surprise as I moved to put the jug of water back into the fridge and then he continued, "Hyung wait I want some water too."

"Yah the both of you will wash up after yourselves." Key said pointedly staring at the glasses in our hands. He quickly hanged out the dish towel and left the room, throwing my a grin on his way out. I pouted.

"Hyung, wash this for me please." Taemin said cutely as he too left the room.Sigh. Such was life. I thought back to the kisses I'd shared with Key earlier. Grinning I quickly washed out the two glasses, turned off the lights and went to sleep with Key's lips still on my mind.

 

a/n sooo..how was it? Was gonna include some SuJu members but thought better of it..

      ahh JongKey getting all kissy kissy at the last part~~

     

      Key smirks~ There's more to come~~