Sweet Ssantokki

A Beautiful Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

"Unnie, have you met someone when you were on a vacation?" Minzy said, she is one of the staff of Sweet Ssantokki and we are not open yet. She is currently arranging the tables while I just came out from the kitchen, holding a tray of tarts that I made.

I placed them carefully into their designated area before turning my attention to her. "What do you mean?"

She grinned. "Before you took an off, you look so gloomy. But now, you are glowing." My face turned red then she scream. "Omo! And now, you're blushing!" I avoid staring at her then I hurriedly return to kitchen but I knew she followed me. "Unnie, who is he?"

Instead to answer her, I went to the table and continue in making dough. "W-we are gonna open within an hour, go back in cleaning."

I heard her giggle. "Alright but I'll ask you again later, Unnie." Then she left.

I let out a sigh of relief. I don't why I panicked then I return myself in working. Minutes after, my phone rings. My heart starts to pound hard. It's Jiyong. I immediately wipe my hands to my apron.

"Good morning." He really had a y voice. "How's your sleep?" I sent him a message as soon as I arrived yesterday, he replied that he will just call me today. I guess he wanted me to have a bonding with my family which we really did. We talked so much on how I spent my vacation. Well, of course, I never mention anything about Jiyong. It's not yet the right time.

"I haven't sleep yet."

"Too excited to go back at work?"

I giggled. "Yeah. I came here around four in the morning and starts to bake." I heard him chuckled then he stopped and I think I've heard someone's voice. "You're still with Seungri?"

"Yeah. The meeting just ended."

"But it's almost midnight there. Don't sleep immediately once you return to your hotel room."

"Why?"

"It's not good because you're tired, you need to rest first."

"Alright. We'll go now. Take care."

"You too."

"I will call you later."

"Alright." And he ended the call. Then I found myself smiling even the call already ended minutes ago. I think today is going to be a good day.

As soon as the Sweet Ssantokki opened, we got busy as the customer keep on coming. After all, we were closed for almost two weeks because of my absence. Our customers missed us.

"Unnie!" JiEun runs towards me. Another staff of Sweet Ssantokki who is in charge at the paying counter. "We need more cream puffs and blueberry pies."

I nodded. "The puffs will be ready in any moment. I am still working on pies but it will done soon." Then I concentrate on putting the filling inside of the puffs.

"Okay." I heard her said and run back outside.

Hours after, Minah came in. One of the servers along with Minzy. "Unnie, I'll get the cinnamons." I just nodded then seconds after, she went beside me. "I almost forgot to said this." She cleared . "Don't forget to tell her to have her lunch." She make a sound like a man then she giggled. "That's what Seunghyun oppa said when he called our landline minutes ago as you are not answering you're phone. And I think he is mad."

I chuckled. What Seunghyun hate the most is to skip meals. "Alright." After she left, I wash my hands then get the phone from my pocket and called him.

"You should now hire an assistant." He said as soon he answer my call.

I giggled. "I already told you that I don't need one."

"You need it. Whenever you're busy, you tend to forget to eat."

"It won't happen again."

"You already said that before."

"Oppa." I used my don't-argue-with-me tone.

"Sandara." He is serious now.

But I still managed to laugh. "Fine. I'll hire an assistant."

He chuckled. "I'll see you later." Then he ended the call. After that, I open my lunch box and starts to eat what Mom prepared for me.

Later on, the bakeshop closed.

"Unnie, from what we experienced today, I think we need an additional staff." JiEun said and the other girls agreed. We are currently cleaning the shop.

"You know Unnie, we are happy because e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter