Chapter 4

Just A Dream

Chapter four

Hyun Joong’s POV

*************************************************************************************************************

The next morning Hyun Joong woke up to screams, followed by a yelp and moan. He quickly reached for his gun and pointed to where he heard the noise. He furrowed as he saw Jung Min holding his head, as Kyu Jong held him down, and covered his mouth; as Young Saeng changed his bandages.

“What’s going on?” Hyun Joong asked; now standing and making his way to his friend, who still seemed to be in shock. Jung Min turned to him as he heard Hyun Joong’s voice.

Hyun Joong placed a hand on Kyu’s shoulder, silently asking him to move; once he did Hyun Joong took his place by his friend.

“Hey it’s okay. They are the ones that saved us yesterday; we would have been chow if they had not come along. We are safe here, but you must not scream like that; the undead could still find out where we are, so try to keep it down okay?” Hyun Joong said softly; trying to ease his friend’s worry, when he saw Jung Min claim down and nod; he turned his attention to Young Saeng, who was finishing up wrapping his leg, with a deep frown.

“Young Saeng ssi are you okay? Sorry about that, he just got scared there for a little bit.” Young Saeng turned towards him, with a grim face.

“It’s okay, but just this once I will let it pass. Those screams could have alerted every undead in the building to us. He must keep it down, now we all have to wait, to eat or do anything to insure they will not find us. If he does that again, I’m afraid you both will have to leave. I am the oldest here, amongst us three; I have to keep them safe till help arrives. Please understand.” Once Young Saeng finished his threat, he quietly and quickly packed up the supplies and left the bed.

Hyun Joong was shocked; never in his life did he expect to be threatened like this, by a soft hearted looking man. He knew that Young Saeng meant what he said, and he would follow through with it too, if the need arose again. Hyun Joong glanced at Jung Min, whose face had paled at the man’s words. He knew that Young Saeng meant ever word as well, and it frighten him. Jung Min looked at him, but Hyun Joong smiled and leaned towards him.

“Yah don’t worry, we will be okay even if they kick us out. I won’t let anything happen to you. Besides he said that he will let it go today, we just have to be more careful. Plus it is not like you can walk anytime soon, so don’t worry about it, and just get some rest okay?”

Jung Min once again calmed down, and closed his eyes. Once Hyun Joong knew he was asleep, the smile vanished from his face. He would have to stay by Jung Min’s side, just in case he woke up and tried to scream again. He knew that Young Saeng would make good on his treat to kick them out; he also knew that if it were to happen, they were as good as dead. No, they had to stay there, it was the only place safe for right now.

After a few hours, when everybody figured that the undead, where not going to come and pound on the door, everything went back to normal; food was made and everybody seemed to be in good spirits again.  Hyun Joong decided to try and make nice, with the three men.

“So..?  How did you three managed to make this place safe?”

“Well Young Saeng and Hyung Jun here, were somewhere else when this all started. They came to find me, and by the time they got here, they deemed it too risky to go back out. So, we blocked off the door with all the heavy things we had in here. Then we kept quiet, till we thought it was okay to move about. From what it seems like, the undead find it hard to go up the stairs; it slows them down, so we figure that even if we made a little noise they would not find us here. At least that is the theory, but just in case we unblocked the window over there; it leads to the fire escape, so if anything were to happen we can make it out.”

Hyun Joong nodded in praise, they seems to have thought of everything. This place was indeed high enough to slow down any undead, but they could still make it out, if the place was compromised. As the guys were eating they heard screams coming from the building. Hyun Joong whipped out his gun, and tried to head for the door; however, Young Saeng’s hand shot out to stop him. Hyun Joong frowned at man in confusion.

“Don’t go.” Hyun Joong was shocked; he could still hear the screams and gun shots.

“Why the hell not?!They need our help.” Hyun Joong turned to the other man; he saw Hyung Jun start to tear, and Kyu Jong pull him into his lap, as he closed his eyes tight.

“Are we just going to leave them out there?” Young Saeng looked at his two friends, and then turned back him.

“I’m sorry, but we cannot help them. Based on the sounds they are too far away to try; and we cannot risk them being bitten and turned here, putting everybody at risk. I told you, I have to keep them safe, I can’t risk it.” Anger rose in Hyun Joong.

“Then why did you help us?” At the question he could see Young Saeng’s eyes harden.

“Because I wanted to at least save someone, before the coward that I know people turn into kicks in. I’m sorry if we are not a brave as you, but if you haven’t noticed, people are going to die here. Think about your friend, if we brought them here and they are bitten; and we didn’t know about it, we would have put them right next to him. He would be the first to die, and maybe be turned. Not to mention we would have to shot them, which would lead every undead right to us. AND! You were a floor from us yes, but you screamed for help loudly, and they did nothing to help you.” Young Saeng took a breath to calm himself; as he was about to talk to loud.

“Is this cowardly? Yes. Is it bad to hold a grudge and be selfish? You damn right it is. Will this come back to bit us in the ? I pray it won’t, but when we made the decision to take you two in; I am now responsible for you, till you choose to leave. I am the leader here and leaders have to make hard decisions, and this is one of them. So, please I beg of you don’t make this harder, then already is. Stay here I don’t want anything to happen to you, you have only been here a day, but you are a friend to us now. I don’t want to have to be the one to tell your friend, you are died.” Young Saeng ended his speech with tears in his eyes, those eyes that beg for him to understand. And to be honest he did, everything that he said made sense.

Hyun Joong looked at the door once more, then back to Young Saeng and nodded. He turned as he felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Kyu Jong, who still had the youngest in his lap.

“Hey this is not easy on us either, so please understand us, and not think too badly on us. Our supplies are limited also, having more people would be we would have to venture out, a lot earlier then we planned. It’s too risky I am sorry.” Hyun Joong nodded; and covered the man’s hand with his own.

“I understand, it is just I’m a cop; it just seems wrong for me to leave them out there, when I could do something about it.” As soon as he said that, the screams and gunshots stopped.

 It was quiet once more. Hyun Joong turned to Young Saeng, whom he saw move in the corner of his eye. The man had his head buried in his knees; now, Hyun Joong realized how hard it was for him to sit there and do nothing. The memory of Young Saeng telling him that he was doctor flashed in his mind. Young Saeng was a philanthropist as well, so it must be eating at him to not help. To a doctor, helping someone or wanting to help someone was second nature to them. Hyun Joong placed a hand on Young Saeng’s arm, when he looked up that is when Hyun Joong spoke.

“Hey I’m sorry, I forgot you’re a doctor, you like to help people as well. I’m sorry, and thanks for setting me straight Jung Min would have said the same thing as you.”

“Are you talking about me?” Hyun Joong shot around; there was Jung Min sitting up and smiling at him. Hyun Joong could help but to smile back.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

End of chapter four. AHHH I hope you guys are liking this, and that I am going at a steady pace; I hope it is not to fast or not to slow, tell me if it is. I can change the pace, but I think I am doing okay.

Once again please leave a comment.

Till next time bye now.