35

Just A Dream

Chapter Thirty five

**************************************************************************************************************

Five days after they came back from the city, everything seemed to become quiet; the only time the four boys actually smiled and talked was when they were driving. At night, and when they made dinner; nobody really had anything to say. Uee wouldn’t eat a lot anymore, but nobody would say anything to her as she would snap at all of them. She was becoming more and more distant to everybody; sometimes they would even see her talking to herself, and glaring at them. They couldn’t really blame her, they had ran out of food two days ago; whatever that was left they had given it to Yung Hee to eat.  Hyun Joong came to a stop and his eyes widened at what he saw. There was a train covering the railroad track, but that is not what shocked him; it was the people on the train that shocked him.

On top if the train, sat multiple people holding guns which were being pointed right at them. Hyun Joong turned around in his seat, waking up Young Saeng and the others. Young Saeng rubbed his eyes, and froze at what he saw. Hyun Joong glanced at Young Saeng waiting for the order on what to do; Young Saeng looked around Kyu Jong and Hyung Jun was looking at him as well. So, gathering up his courage, he took a deep breath and opened the door stepping out of the car. A person climbed down from the train meeting him half way, her gun was still out and ready. Once she got as close as she was going to, she spoke.

“State your business…”

“We are just heading to the shoreline; we were told that there were foreign military taking people out of Korea and to somewhere safe.” The girl nodded, and lowered her gun.

“Well you heard right, they come every six month to take people out of here.” Young Saeng nodded, and looked passed her.

“This is an interesting set up you have here…” the women nodded again.

“Yeah, since they only come once every six month; we set up a town for people to wait in. You’re lucky this the last time they are coming so everybody in this town will be leaving with them. How many people do you have with you?”

“Seven in total…” The women’s eyes widened.

“Seven..? How did you manage that..? The most we get at one time is maybe four at most.” Young Saeng looked down at his shoes, before looking back up and answering her sadly.

“Yeah… but we started off with twelve…” The women’s eyes softened.

“Well the journey is over, why don’t you go and tell your friends they can all come out now; we don’t allow cars in as they take up to much space.” Young Saeng nodded and walked back to the car.

“What did they say..?” Hyun Joong asked when the door opened.

“They said this is the place to go, they military will be making one last stop here; we made it just in time. We have to go in on foot; they don’t allow cars as there is limited space. Come one…” Young Saeng smiled. Hyung Jun and Kyu Jong grabbed the remaining bags; they used the empty food bags, and water bag for Young Saeng’s medical supplies, the rest of the empty bags were put away. Young Saeng signaled for Jo Hyun to go ahead and get out with the others as well, together they gathered and walked the way to the train. The women that Young Saeng was talking to, her eyes widened again as she took in Yung Hee’s appearance.

“Jesus Christ… You have a pregnant woman with you too..?” Young Saeng nodded; the women gestured for the men to open the door. They climbed through, helping Yung Hee get up it and down as well. Young Saeng was shocked at what he saw, the place was like a really town; there were children running around the place, people talking and laughing like nothing was going on. A person with a military uniform walked up to them, bowing as he smiled warmly.

“You made it congratulations… My name is lee Sung Gi… I heard you have an expecting mother with you; there is a small clinic just down the way, where she can get checked over. She is just a nurse, but she knows what she is doing.” Young Saeng bowed back, smiling as well.

“Thank you; I am Heo Young Saeng, these are my friends Kim Kyu Jong, Kim Hyung Jun, my partner Kim Hyun Joong, and my other friends Jo Hyun, his wife Yung Hee, and their friend Uee … where did you say it was at? I am doctor, maybe I can help while we are here?” Once the words left Young Saeng’s mouth, it seemed like people froze in shock. Some even walked up to look up at him.

“Wow… Are you serious..? I haven’t seen one of those since the outbreak began… most of them were taken before the outbreak had gotten worse.” Sung Gi said smiling. Before Young Saeng could say anything, a woman walked up to them holding a piece of paper.

“Sung Gi ah, I need more supplies; we are running out again, if we are going to last another six months then we are going to need more.” Sung Gi smiled and gestured to Young Saeng.

“So Min noona, this Heo Young Saeng he is a doctor.” The women looked at him, bowing slightly.

“It’s nice to meet you.” She said politely before turning her attention back to the man.

“Sung Gi, we need to make a run.” The man frowned.

“But it is dangerous to keep going out there. I will try to gather some men to go, but we have to venture out further and further, it is just not safe enough to go.” Young Saeng turned to Kyu Jong, gesturing for him to come forward with Hyung Jun, as they had his supplies.

“So Min ssi, may I see that list..?” Young Saeng asked. She tilted her head in confusion, but handed him the list anyway.  Young Saeng grabbed the bags, and made his way to a table that was empty and set them down in it.

“Hyun Joong ssi, give me my medical bag please.” Hyun Joong gave it to him. Young Saeng opened it, looking for the pills she needed. So Min went to him, her eyes wide.

“Were did you get all of this?” Young Saeng smiled, but kept looking.

“Every time we would stop at stores for food and supplies; I would raid the pharmacy section, taking whatever I could just in case.” Young Saeng pulling out a trash bag, opening it and tossing some pill bottles and bags, then he opened the duffel bags going through those as well. Once he finished he placed the list in the bag, tying it and handed it back to her.

“I’m sorry this is pretty much all I can give you for now. The rest of the stuff is needed for delivering the baby, but if you need anything that doesn’t pertain to the delivery; don’t hesitate to ask I have a lot of stuff.” The women nodded, looking Young Saeng up and down in admiration; Hyun Joong didn’t mess this, as he stepped up, going to Young Saeng’s side casting her a glance.  The women cocked her eyebrow, but didn’t say anything instead she turned her attention back to Young Saeng.

“Well I have a small clinic; if you like you can come and see it; maybe help me out some of the patients there?” Young Saeng zipped up the bags, swinging them on his shoulder, and nodded.

“Sure thing…” As he walked with her Kyu Jong and Hyung Jun walked up to him pouting.

“You’re going to leave us..?” Young Saeng smiled, and then shook his head.

“Of course not… I need all of you to come to the clinic too; now that I have a place to work with equipment, I can give you all good checkups, Yung Hee as well.” As Young Saeng walked ahead Hyung Jun, looked at the woman catching her eye, and sticking his tongue at her before following him the same going for the other two.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Hahahaha So, I guess the guys don’t like the nurse XD too funny. Well see ya next chapter. XD