chapter 3

Just A Dream

Chapter three

Hyun Joong’s POV

*************************************************************************************************************

Hyun Joong pointed his gun and fired, hitting two of the undead in the head. They were getting over run by the undead; they needed to get out of there. He looked over at his friend Jung Min who seems like he knew what needed to be done. They both ran as another officer was taken down and screaming. Hyun Joong aimed his gun and shot the poor bastard in the head to ease his pain. As they ran Hyun Joong noticed a bag full of ammo, which the other cops had taken with them when they heard what was going on.

He picked it up, and continued to run. Soon they were surrounded Hyun Joong looked around for an escape route, with great relief he noticed a police car door wide open; the car itself was blocking an empty alleyway.

“Jung Min ah there..!” Hyun Joong screamed and ran to the door, Jung min covered him as he crawled through the car, and once he got through he did the same for Jung min.

“Jung Min ah palli I’m through.” Hyun Joong shot another two in the head as Jung min rushed to through the door, he was reloading as he heard Jung min scream; he looked in the car, and saw Jung Min on his back screaming. His ankle was caught in the door, the undead crushing it.

Hyun Joong rushed back inside and crawled over his friend and pushed the door open, releasing the ankle. He pulled Jung min’s foot out as the door slammed shut; and then he pulled Jung Min with him out of the car. Hyun Joong put his gun in his holster and swung Jung Min on his back and ran. Jung Min kept hold of his gun, shooting anything that tried to grab them. They ran till they saw an apartment building, they knew they would eventually get surrounded again. They saw two undead eating, so they slowly made their way to the back of the apartment, and into the stairwell, they ran till the saw a door open, and went through it said the eighth floor.

Hyun Joong walked as quiet as possible, till he heard a shuffling behind him. He turned around and there were six undead coming after them. Hyun Joong looked up and he saw Jung min already loosing consciousness. So, he ran up the stairs, there were two up there, Hyun Joong did the only thing that he could think of he screamed.

“Help! Someone please help us! Please!” This must have woken up Jung min and he pointed the gun and shot the two in the head, before finally passing out. Hyun Joong looked around there must be some place he could hide, he heard the growling again; he turned around and saw them trying to crawl up the stairs, but kept falling. Hyun Joong tried again to call for help.

“Help! Please there is nowhere else I can go please.” Hyun Joong turned to the stairs again; he could see them almost all the way up.

Hyun Joong swallowed, before looking around to try and find the next pair of stairs, but all the doors looked the same. He turned as the undead got through the door. He knew he would have drop Jung min so he could take his gun out, but he just couldn’t do it. He closed his eyes ready to be eaten; if his friend was going to die so was he, suddenly he heard something.

“Hey over here the stairs are over here!” Hyun Joong looked over, and saw two people waving at him. Hyun Joong ran to them, as they held the door open. The one with the longish black hair took Jung min’s gun and started to shot at the undead behind him. Once he got through they closed the door as best as they could, and then lead the way.

“Hyung Jun open the door.” The one that had Jung Min’s gun said. He could hear something move, and then the door opened. They all entered the room and the long haired one, lead him to a bunk bed; where we both gently laid Jung Min down. The boy ran over to grab a bag and came back to him, as the other two boys blocked the door again.

“What’s your name officer?” The boy asked. Hyun Joong answered.

“It’s Kim Hyun Joong; this is my friend Park Jung Min.” The guy nodded as he spoke once again.

“Well Kim Hyun Joong I need you to get up and grab that shirt right there, roll it up and gag him. I am going to stick a needle in his leg to numb his ankle so I can work, but he needs to keep quiet. The last thing we need is for him to wake up screaming and alarm every one of those things outside, to where we are hiding okay?” Hyun Joong nodded and did as he was told. It hurt having to gag his friend, but he knew that it had to be done. Sure enough one the man stuck Jung Min’s leg with a needle; he woke up and started screaming and failing about.

“Kyu Jong ah help me hold him down.” The guy whispered. Kyu Jong came and held him down. Slowly the sedative started to work and Jung min claimed down. Hyun Joong was about to sigh in relief, when he heard a click sound of a gun. All three men turned around and saw the one that must be Hyung Jun, Holding Jung Min’s discarded gun. They guy that his name was still unknown, tried to speak calmly to him.

“Hyung Jun ah put the gun down.” But the man shook his head no. His gun was still pointed at Jung Min. Finally the man spoke.

“Was he bit? Tell me Young Saeng, look and see if he was bitten?”

“Hyung Jun this is not the time, I have to fix this ankle please put the gun down.” The one that he called Young Saeng again tried to reason with him. However, again he just shook his head. Then he moved the gun to Hyun Joong.

“Tell me how did he get his ankle injured? Was he bitten?” Hyun Joong raise his hand as Young Saeng tried to speak again.

“No! He has the right ask this. No he was not bitten, we were surrounded and the only way was to crawl through a cop car, I went first then him. But as I was reloading the door was shut, and it closed on his ankle, The undead were trying to get in and it was crushing his ankle, so I crawled back in and managed to pushed the door open again, and get his foot free, before the door closed again. I carried him on my back till we got here.” Hyun Joong ended, yet the man still wouldn’t put the gun down.

“Were you bitten? I see blood on your clothes.” Once again Hyun Joong stopped Young Saeng from saying anything.

“No I wasn’t. see?” Hyun Joong took off his jacket and lifted up his shirt. When Hyung Jun still didn’t put the gun down, Hyun Joong moved his hands to his belt, unbuckling his pants and he let them fall from his hips, showing his legs. He did the same to Jung Min showed his torso and rolled up his pants to show his legs.

“See none of us are bitten.” He could see Hyung Jun’s shoulder relax as he dropped the gun. Kyu Jong stood up and took the gun. Hyung Jun went to his knees.

“I’m sorry… I just had to know I am so sorry.” Hyun Joong couldn’t be mad at him; if it was him he would have done the same thing. Kyu Jong kneeled by his friend and spoke gently.

“Why don’t you get Hyun Joong same food, I am sure he is hungry.” Hyung Jun’s head popped up, and looked at his friend, before heading to the kitchen. Kyu Jong looked at him.

“You must forgive him. He saw his roommate get eaten, and just yesterday we were looking out the window; he saw him again, the one who he thought was dead walking around and attacking people. He is has not been the same since. This is actually the first time he talked since then.” Hyun Joong nodded in understanding. He had seen the same thing with the other officers. Hyun Joong looked over at Young Saeng, he watched him stitch his friend up, before wrapping the ankle.

“Are you a doctor? You look kind of young to be one.” Young Saeng smiled.

“You think so? How old do I look?” Hyun Joong thought about it.

“I don’t know, maybe 20 at most?” Young Saeng laughed.

“Ha! I am 25 I am in my third year in medical school.” Hyun Joong was shocked. Once again Young Saeng laughed, when he saw his face.

“I graduated early at 17 and went to college to start my career. I just turned 25 last week if that helps.” Hyun Joong was amazed; he didn’t graduate till he was nineteen.

“The one that held the gun to you was Kim Hyung Jun; He is 23 and music major in classical violin and western music. And there is Kim Kyu Jong; he is 25 and traditional martial arts and weapons major.” Hyun Joong was amazed. He was in a room with Geniuses. Hyung Jun brought the noodles over and the lamp as the lights were once again shut off.

“Sorry It is best to kept the light off, the more they don’t know we are here, the safer we will all be. I gave your friend some morphine so when he wakes up, he won’t be in any pain.” Young Saeng spoke again. They all eat silently, for once in two whole days; Hyun Joong felt safe. He glanced at his friend, and smiled, they were safe. At least for now and that is all that matters. That night Hyun Joong got a good rest.

************************************************************************************************************************

AHHH here is chapter three. So what do you think, I put a little action in there. Now ya’ll don’t be mad at Hyung Jun I am sure if you were in that situation you would act like that two. HEHEHE please comment on this. I need inspiration and an ego boost HA!! Well as always till next time bye now. XD