28

Just A Dream

Chapter Twenty eight

Nobody’s (Mine) POV

**************************************************************************************************************

“Young Saeng ssi… NO..!”

BANG!!

The sound of the gun going off echoed through the fields. Kyu Jong uncovered his ears, and opened his eyes, to see the damaged his friend had caused. There Young Saeng stood, his gun now pointing into the air; Hyun Joong’s arm extending to keep it up and out of the way.

“Young Saeng stop this… you know this is not right, please come to your senses.” Kyu Jong could see Young Saeng’s chest raise and fall, as he panted; his eyes never leaving Yi Hyun, the man he intended to shoot.

“I am in my right senses.” Young Saeng pulled himself away from Hyun Joong’s grasp. Uee stood up from her chair, and stood in front of her group.

“Yah..! Are you insane? How could try and shoot one of my friends.” All the others watched in silent horror, as Young Saeng turned to Uee; his mouth in a smile, but it was cold and unfriendly. Kyu Jong has never seen such a smile come from his friend before; it sent chills through his body down to his bones.

“Your friend..? Since when has a buddy, ever been just a friend.” Uee gasped and stepped away.

“What you didn’t think that I knew..? Uee, I knew even before I saw you, Yi Hyun, and Hyun Joong ssi that first night in Hyun Joong ssi’s house. I have known since we were all in my apartment. How you would sneak out into the kitchen or the fire escape; to have your nightly escapades with Yi Hyun. I saw right through you, that night when you tried to seduce Hyun Joong ssi into not telling Kyu Jong anything, I saw everything.” Uee’s eyes grew bigger, as Young Saeng spoke loudly so everybody can hear it.

“Uee… Is this true..?” Kyu Jong asked walking up to everybody else. Hyung Jun and Jung Min were now with all of them as well. Hyun Joong was looking at Young Saeng, hoping that Young Saeng knew that he wanted nothing to do with Uee, and that he was just messing with her when he had said ‘what was she going to do for him if he kept her secret.’ Uee turned to Kyu Jong; opening in closing like a fish; she turned to everybody, looking for someone to help her defend herself, but none of them would speak for her. Uee looked at Yung Hee, begging her for help, but Yung Hee shook her head.

“I am sorry sweetie; I told you this was going to go bad on you. I told you to end it with him or brother in law, but you refused to do it. Now thanks to you, we all might be left behind; you know I need Young Saeng ssi’s help with the baby. I can’t deliver it on my own; that is why we started to help with things after we left the house and got on the road.” Uee couldn’t believe what she heard, none of them were going to take up for her; they were all going to abandon her, when it was her that got them into that group, she was the reason they were safe, and they were going to leave her hanging.

Uee turned back to Kyu Jong, who was still looking at her for an answer, but she didn’t have the courage to answer him, so she just stayed silent. Soon, Kyu Jong couldn’t take looking at her anymore; he knew that since Young Saeng was the one that said it, so that must mean that it is true. He now understood why, that day at the Hyun Joong’s house, Young Saeng was so mad at him for taking her side. That was why he had called her a , Young Saeng had already told him what she was, but it was him that didn’t want to hear it. This was his fault for allowing her to get the best of him, for allowing her to blind him into thinking that she loved him.

He now knew that she used him to get into the group, she never wanted to come back to him. She just wanted to be safe, to be fed, and to sleep on a good bed for as long as she could. Kyu Jong wanted to be mad, he wanted to be mean and just leave her here to die; but his mind or his heart just couldn’t let the words come out. He knew that if he asked, if he TOLD Young Saeng to leave her and that man there, he would do it in a heartbeat. Nobody would even argue, because what Young Saeng says goes; he is their leader and he makes the decisions.

Unable to say anything to her or anybody else, Kyu Jong turned away from them and headed back to the car. On his way he grabbed Young Saeng’s and Hyung Jun’s head taking them with him. Hyun Joong grabbed the food/supply bag that was still lying on the ground. Taking it with him, he and Jung Min followed the three to the car, once getting in they all closed the door. After a few minutes, Kyu Jong finally spoke.

“Hyun Joong hyung..?” Hyun Joong turned around in his seat, and glanced at the man lying in-between Young Saeng and Hyung Jun in the back.

“De, Kyu Jong ah..?”

“Were you able to fix the other car..?”

“Yes, we were able to fix it.” Kyu Jong nodded his head.

“Hyung, let’s get out of here please… the fields are not safe here. Please drive…” Hyun Joong looked at Young Saeng, who nodded in consent. Hyun Joong nodded, turned around and started the car.

“Wait for the others to get into their car, and then you can take off.” Kyu Jong said. Before scooting closer to Young Saeng and burying his head in his friend’s chest. Hyung Jun, who was lying next to him as well, scooted closer and wrapped his arms around the middle one; trying his best to give him the comfort he needs, but also keeping the silence that he craves.

After a few moments of waiting, once Hyun Joong saw that all the others were in the car, he began driving away. As he was driving the soft sounds of sobs could be heard from the back of the car, nobody said anything as there was nothing to be said.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Wow this was kind of hard to write… I don’t like to cause my favorite characters pain, but this was necessary for the upcoming events. Well, till next time, bye now.