Chapter 24

Just A Dream

Chapter twenty four

Nobody’s (mine) POV

**************************************************************************************************************

The next morning Young Saeng woke up in a fright. He didn’t know where he was; looking around he noticed the shelves and the coolers. Finally remembering he wondered why he had slept so long; Hyun Joong was to wake him up to take over, but it was already morning and Hyun Joong was nowhere in sight. Grabbing his gun, he looked around noticing that indeed Hyun Joong was not in the store, nor was the bag of gas cans in there as well. Quickly he made his way to the front door, which the gates were up a couple of feet; just enough for someone Hyun Joong’s size could come in and out.

Young Saeng kneeled down and peered through the glass, and sure enough there was Hyun Joong filling up the cans. He kept his body hidden by the pump itself, as he stuffed a full one in the bag. Anger filled Young Saeng so quick; he had to fight the urge to yell. How could the man just go and do what they both were supposed to do by himself? Young Saeng watched as Hyun Joong put the last one in the bag, before zipping up the big bag.

Something caught his eye; he turned to see five undead coming from Hyun Joong’s right and six coming from his left. Young Saeng sprang into action, taking the safety off his gun; he throw open the gates and opened the door wide. Pointing his gun he shot two of them in the head that tried to lung for Hyun Joong.

“Hyun Joong ssi palli, there are too many… run!” Young Saeng yelled as he shot two more, that was coming from his own right side. Hyun Joong picked up his pace, and made a run for the store.

Young Saeng kept shooting till Hyun Joong made it inside, and then he closed the door and brought the gate back down. The swarm of undead began pounding on the door making the whole place rattle. Young Saeng walked over to were Hyun Joong was putting the bag down; grabbing the man’s shirt, Young Saeng raised his fist and punched Hyun Joong square in the jaw. Hyun Joong landed with a thud, holding his jaw and eyes wide as he stared up at Young Saeng.

“What the hell was that for?” Young Saeng peered over the man, who was still on the floor. He pointed at the door, and glared at the man.

“This is your fault. Why did you not wake me up? You knew it would be tough by yourself, so why did you go out alone? What if I didn’t wake up on time? You would have died, and then I would have gone back, with no gas and tell your friend you are dead; how could you be so stupid?!” Hyun Joong bowed his head in shame, and Young Saeng understood.

“This is about what I said last night… You see this is why I said, I didn’t want to have a relationship here. This is not the time for such things, for such relationships.” Young Saeng pulled his hair, and stood there huffing at the man, who still seemed not to want to say anything. Finally Young Saeng sighed deeply, and reached out a hand to Hyun Joong. He hesitated and after a few moments he took Young Saeng’s hand; pulling him up, he shook his head and sighed.

“Come on, let’s see if we can get out of here alive shall we?” Hyun Joong nodded; they both grabbed the bags, Young Saeng filled his bag up with as much as he could. While Hyun Joong filled up the Styrofoam cooler, and they both filled it up with drinks. Once everything was packed and ready, they climbed up to the top of the roof.

Young Saeng gazed out to the parking lot; a tremble down ran through spine. The whole village must have been there, Young Saeng never seen such a sight. Hyun Joong came to look at what Young Saeng was staring at. His own gasp of shock could be heard.

“I’m so stupid… I’ve killed us both..!” Young Saeng turned towards the man, and pulled him into a hug. Hyun Joong was surprised, but wrapped his arms around him.

“Were going to be just fine okay?” Pulling away Young Saeng peered into his eyes.

“I need you to keep calm, and not do anything rash okay? Just let me think and we can make it out, we just got to be calm and think okay?” Hyun Joong nodded and took deep breath, trying not to let the guilt consume him completely. Looking around, Young Saeng took in his surroundings, noticing that the buildings were pretty closed together. So, going to the side of the building; he knew he would be able to jump it.

“Hyun Joong ssi come over here please…” once Hyun Joong came near Young Saeng spoke again.

“Okay look, you see how the buildings are close together? Well I think if we toss the stuff; we might be able to jump onto the next building. What do you think?” Hyun Joong went closer to the edge and nodded.

“Yeah I think we can do that…” Hyun Joong grabbed the bag and tossed it to the next building. They waited till the undead turned their attention back to the building.

Then Hyun Joong gave himself some leeway, then ran at full speed and jumped. Young Saeng watched with wide eyes, and sighed in relief when Hyun Joong tucked and rolled, making it to the next roof. They waited again, for the undead not to notice. Young Saeng tossed him the Styrofoam cooler, waiting for him to set it down; Hyun Joong opened arms and waited for Young Saeng to jump.  Young Saeng gave himself some leeway, and with a deep breath, Young Saeng ran and jumped landing in Hyun Joong’s arms; knocking him over, the undead not even noticing what was going on. Picking themselves up they crawled up to the edge, peeking over it to make sure they were not following them.

Young Saeng stood up, when he knew they were not following them, and went to the other edge and gauged the distance to the next building. Hyun Joong followed him and tossed the fuel bag; Young Saeng watched as he again, give leeway and then ran and jumped making it to the other side. After noticing the undead were again not following, Young Saeng ran and jumped with the cooler in hand, and made it to Hyun Joong’s arms. This continued till they made it to the end of the buildings. Young Saeng froze as he noticed the distance was too far for him to jump. Hyun Joong even had problems with it as he almost fell down.

Hyun Joong motioned for him to come on, and jump so he could catch him. The undead were starting to wonder away from the store. The night was already coming, so they wanted to be able to just jump down and slowly make their way out of the village. However, Young Saeng couldn’t do it. The distance was just too far, but all the supplies were with Hyun Joong. He would freeze if he couldn’t make it to him. So, Young Saeng went to the other side of the building, turning towards Hyun Joong; he closed his eyes and ran, opening them he used the small step to give himself a little push and jumped. Sticking out his arms he grabbed on to Hyun Joong, but his feet didn’t reach the roof, Young Saeng cried out as he hit the whole upper part of his body on the building. In the shock of the pain, Young Saeng let one hand go, and began slipping from Hyun Joong’s grasp. As his hearing can back to him, he stiffened as he hears a groan. Looking down there was two undead right underneath him reaching out.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Oh no!! What is going to happen? Hyun Joong, can you hold on to the one that you love? Tune in next week.

Till next time, bye now.