Chapter 22

Just A Dream

Okay I am updating early because... well I am bored ... XD I am writing a lot so I thought I post it.

I hope you enjoy XD

Chapter twenty two

Young Saeng’s POV

**************************************************************************************************************

A day after the incident at night, a dreaded thing happened; both of the cars ran out of gas. There were still miles of field left to go through, and now they have to go through it on foot. Young Saeng hoped out of the car and went to the trunk, he didn’t want to be in there anymore seeing in how Uee was now crying and pouting saying she doesn’t want to walk; Kyu Jong was trying to convince her that this is the only way. Grabbing his medical bag, he looked around in it for some headache medication; her childish whining had already given him a headache.

After he took them he looked around at his surroundings, he already has a bad feeling about this, and now that they are on foot it felt like they were just ringing the dinner bell on themselves. A hand on his shoulder brought him out of his musing, Hyun Joong stood there with the same worried face. Young Saeng gave him a questioning look, when Hyun Joong gestured for him to follow, to somewhere private. Young Saeng nodded and went with him, they stopped when that got far enough from the group, but where still able to reach them if need be.

“Young Saeng ssi, this doesn’t look good, we haven’t even hit any major villages yet, that horde the other day had to have gone somewhere. If we run into those things again, on foot… there is no way we can out run that, it won’t matter how fast we are.” Young Saeng knew he spoke the truth, but what could he do about it? They had no gas; they had weapons, but too many people. Young Saeng started to pace and pace, not knowing what to do. Finally Hyun Joong spoke.

“I have an idea, but I don’t think you are going to like it.” Young Saeng stopped pacing, and turned to Hyun Joong.

“I probably won’t, but tell me anyway.” Hyun Joong walked to him, and pointed out word.

“It’s about half a day’s walk to the nearest village; if we leave now we can make it before it gets dark. We can find an empty house, or empty a house, and stay there for the night. At dawn we can find cars and cypher some gas, and make our way back here.”  Young Saeng nodded, but it seemed like he was leaving something out. So Young Saeng waited till he finished.

“*sigh* the thing is, is that we have too many people; so we can’t take them all, it would be suicide if we do that. So, I was thinking maybe only you and I go. It would be quicker and you will not have to watch over two people, so we can fully focus on our task.” Young Saeng knew he had a point, but spending almost two days with this man, it was sure to drive him crazy. Unfortunately, it was a good plan, and it would keep Kyu Jong and Hyung Jun safe. Jung Min was still exhausted from getting the ammo, and they didn’t want to push him until it was completely necessary. So giving Hyun Joong a nod in approval, they made there was to the others who had made breakfast. All looked up when they reached them.

********* Nobody’s (Mine) POV ********

“I was wondering when you both were coming to eat. The food is almost done.” Kyu Jong said; as he stirred the food.

“Yeah sorry, um we need to talk to you, all of you.” Young Saeng said; the seriousness in his voice made Hyung Jun and Kyu Jong look up at him. Jung Min already knew what Hyun Joong was going to say, so he was already looking up at him with scared, but with conviction features; he knew what had to be done.

“What’s wrong?” Kyu Jong asked. Young Saeng cleared his throat and began explaining.

“Hyun Joong and I are leaving; we will be going on foot to the village down the way, and we will be back with gas for the cars.”

“How long are you going to be gone?” Hyung Jun asked clinging to Kyu Jong.

“If we leave now, we can make to the village before sun down, then we will stay the night there; then we will find cars to the get the gas from. From there we will make our way back, hopefully by night fall. Now, this is if we don’t run into any undead on the way, when we get there we may have to wait for them to clear out before we can come out. So I am saying this now, if we are not back by five days’ time, don’t wait for us. Jung Min ssi knows the way to go, just follow him.” With this Young Saeng walked away, and went to the cars to pack some stuff. Kyu Jong handed the spoon to Uee, and made his way to Young Saeng.

“Wait... What do you mean ‘don’t wait for us’?”

“It means exactly how I said Kyu Jong ah, if we are not back by five days, you are to assume the worst, and get Hyung Jun ah out of the open. You will be responsible for him, if I don’t make it back. Can I trust you?” Young Saeng added as he closed the trunk, and put his back pack on. Kyu Jong nodded making Young Saeng smile.

“I knew I can; remember to take watch like I showed you… oh and Kyu Jong ah?” Kyu Jong went closer to him.

“If Hyung Jun doesn’t want to leave, you make him leave. Same goes for Jung Min; though I am sure Hyun Joong ssi has already told him. He and you are in charge while Hyun Joong ssi and I are gone. Okay?” Kyu Jong nodded; then gave Young Saeng a big hug. Once they rounded the corner Hyung Jun stood there pouting and trembling. Young Saeng smile and went to him, pulling the sulking man in his arms.

“Promise me you will come back.” Hyung Jun sobbed. Young Saeng knew better then to promise such a thing, so he just nodded, kissed the side of his head.

“I’ll be careful.” Hyung Jun let him go, and then went to Kyu Jong. Young Saeng went over to Hyun Joong who gave him his gun and a few extra clips. Jung Min walked up to Hyun Joong and pulled him into a hug. Young Saeng gave them a little privacy.

“You be careful arasseo?” Hyun Joong nodded.

“Arraji…” Hyun Joong said hugging his friend back. Pulling away, Jung Min shoved a grenade in Hyun Joong’s hand.

“You use this if you have to.” Hyun Joong was about to protest, but Jung Min shook his head. Hyun Joong knew he couldn’t, it would make too much noise, which would bring every undead to where the noise came from. It may lead them straight for the group, but Hyun Joong took it anyway to give Jung Min peace of mind. With one last hug, Hyun Joong went to where Young Saeng was waiting, they waved good bye to the group, and make their way down the hill, and then out of sight.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

OOOOOO this is getting interesting Hyun Joong and Young Saeng are now on their own. What is going to happen? Tune in on Tuesday.

Till next time, bye now.