Chapter 21

Just A Dream

Chapter twenty one

Nobody’s (Mine) POV

**************************************************************************************************************

A day and a half on road and Young Saeng still had not spoken a word to Hyun Joong; Kyu Jong and Hyung Jun has already asked Young Saeng what was wrong, but he would just shake his head, and then do something else or just change the subject. Kyu Jong would every now and then see Hyun Joong looking at his friend longing, usually when Young Saeng would laugh at something Hyung Jun would do, or something that Kyu Jong would say. However, Young Saeng still would not look at the man, much to Hyun Joong’s disappointment. After a few hours, Hyung Jun leaned on to Young Saeng pouting.

“What’s wrong, my baby?” Young Saeng cooed sarcastically; If Hyung Jun knew if he was being sarcastic, he didn’t show it; instead he continued to pout and talk babyish.

“Hyung… Baegopayo…” It had been about fifteen hours since anybody has eaten; all of the supplies are in their car, as Jo Hyun was driving the other car following them. Young Saeng grabbed the walkie talkie that Hyun Joong and Jung Min had been able to get, on their trip to the ammo shop.

“Jo Hyun ssi…”

“De… Young Saeng ssi, this is Jo Hyun.” Young Saeng looked around, their seemed to be nothing around them only fields and never ending greenery.

“De I think this is a good spot to stop and have some food; how is Yung Hee doing?”

“Okay then stopping will be a good idea, Yung Hee said she is feeling pain on her side; you may have to give her a once over.” Young Saeng nodded; then turned to Hyun Joong.

“Hyun Joong ssi, please stop the car; this is a good time to eat, before it gets too dark. We can camp here for the night also, saves on the gas.” Hyun Joong nodded and then stopped the car. Once the car stopped, Young Saeng jumped out, scanning the area he taped on the car, signaling Kyu Jong, Uee, and Hyung Jun could come out.

Walking to the back of the car, Young Saeng opened the door pulling out his medical bag, and one of the food bags. Kyu Jong came around and grabbed the bag from him, and Hyung Jun looked around for the pots and pans. Young Saeng let them do it, as he made his way to Yung Hee who was sitting in the trunk with the door up to block the sun. She looked at him, and smiled gently; Young Saeng returned the smile and opened his bag.

“Jo Hyun ssi bring me a bottled water please.” Jo Hyun came running up with water, a few moments later. Young Saeng searched his bags and grabbed the prenatal pills out of his bag. Giving them to her, she took them eagerly and he smiled at her enthusiasm. After she was done, Young Saeng began his examination checking her blood pressure, even using a portable blood testing device that used to check diabetes. Next he checked her heart beat, and after he paused and tried to keep the blush out of his cheeks.

“Yung Hee I need you to lay down, Jo Hyun grab me a blanket, and after you do that climb up there and hold her hand. Jo Hyun did as he was told, so did Yung Hee. Covering her leg, and putting on some gloves he had grabbed at the pharmacy; he checked her thoroughly, making sure that she was okay. Once he was done, he closed her legs and took off his gloves. Washing his hand with Yung Hee’s water bottle, he gave her privacy to fix herself; then he turned his attention back to her.

“Well you seemed to be okay, nothing abnormal; you may just be hungry and malnutrition is kicking in. more portions of food, will be given to you, and I want you to take your prenatal every day the same amount I gave you okay?” Yung Hee nodded; and young Saeng turned his attention to Jo Hyun.

“You make sure she takes it every day, she cannot miss a day okay?” Once he nodded to Uee came up to them, already eating some food.

“Come on the food is ready.” She helped Yung Hee off the car; and made their way to the food. Young Saeng packed up his stuff, and washed his hand with water again, and used the antibacterial gel he had in his bag.

Young Saeng put his bag back in the car, and then made his way to where everybody was eating already. Sitting down in between Kyu Jong and Hyung Jun, Hyung Jun handed him his plate that he saved for him, so he could eat too. By then almost everybody had finished eating, and Young Saeng just started eating, Hyung Jun laid down on Young Saeng’s lap, Young Saeng stiffened a little when  he heard his friend’s stomach growl. Looking down Hyung Jun was trying to go to sleep, so swallowing a few more mouthfuls; Young Saeng scooped some food on his spoon and lowered his spoon to Hyung Jun’s mouth; who looked up at his friend in confusion, but Young Saeng just smiled and gestured for him to open his mouth.  

Kyu Jong leaned forward and smiled as he saw Young Saeng feeding Hyung Jun more food. After everybody was now done eating, Hyun Joong, Jo Hyun, and Jung Min set up the tents near the cars. Young Saeng lowered the seats and draped a blanket on them; Hyung Jun, Kyu Jong, and Uee all climbed in and settled on the blanket using the duffel bags as pillows. Young Saeng has refused to let them sleep outside, so they settled on sleeping in the car. Jung Min was in the front seat, as well as Hyun Joong in the driver seat. Young Saeng on top of the car, standing first watch as always. His gun now has a silencer on it, to muffle the sound of it going off.

This is the way Young Saeng likes it, if anything happens or if anything comes he can easily slip through the sunroof, give Jo Hyun the signal and make it out of there. Young Saeng turned to look at the other car; Jo Hyun was asleep on the car that he was on. Young Saeng shook his head and he jumped down from the car, picking up a few stone he climbed his way back on the car. Aiming the stones at the man, Young Saeng threw them at him, making him jump and almost fall off the car’s roof. Young Saeng laughed out loud at the man’s flailing about; too lost in the enjoyment, he almost didn’t notice that there was a horde of undead coming right for them. It shocked him on how many there were. He immediately jumped on from the car.

“Jo Hyun get everybody in the car… NOW!!” His yell got Jo Hyun to move his behind, and it woke the people up in the tent and car. Young Saeng gathered all the stuff they left outside and threw them in Jo Hyun’s car and helped all the other people inside his car. The undead was getting to close, and Young Saeng walked backward, as he shot at them taking out as many as he could. The door opened and Kyu Jong yelled for him to get in; shooting a few more times at the ones that got too close to him. Young Saeng hurriedly jumped in the car, closing the door Hyun Joong sped out of there. Hyung Jun wrapped his arms around Young Saeng in relief; Kyu Jong hit him on the shoulder.

“Don’t you ever do that again; you leave everything if you have to.” Young Saeng pulled Kyu Jong to him.

“It’s okay… I’m okay.” About 20 miles away Hyun Joong stopped the car, and they all sat there and watched. About three hours later they watched the whole horde came by. There seemed to be dozens of them in that horde. They had to keep a hand over Hyung Jun’s mouth and Young Saeng walkied to Jo Hyun to keep Yung Hee quiet as well. Everybody stayed in the car for the rest of the night. Though Young Saeng still kept watch Hyung Jun nor Kyu jong would not let him go back outside; so he stayed in the car, and watched.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Okay so I really don’t like this chapter, but it was a must somehow; one of those filler chapters, more action next chapter. I promise.

Till next time, bye now.