18

Deaf

Taeyeon and Tiffany were desperately in love with each other.

Today was the day that Taeyeon was going to confess to her mother.

She sat with Tiffany next to her and her mother across from her.

"Mom.." Taeyeon breathed out.

Taeyeons mom looked at her worryly, "What's wrong Taeyeon, are you alright?"

Taeyeon nodded, "I have something to tell you."

Taeyeons mom waited.

"I'm dating Tiffany." Taeyeon finally said as she interlocked her hand with Tiffanys and held it up, showing it to her mother.

Her mother took a while to register everything before smiling.

Taeyeon and Tiffany were shocked at her reaction.

"I'm okay with it, Taeyeon. As long as you are happy, and it's obvious that Tiffany makes you happy." Her mom said smiling.

The two girls jumped up and hugged Taeyeons mom.

----

"Tae, when are we going to tell my dad?" Tiffany called out after laying on Taeyeons bed in silence.

Taeyeon shrugged, "I don't know, when do you want to?"

"Tommorow?" Tiffany asked.

Taeyeon smiled and turned to Tiffany, "If that's what makes you happy, I'll do it."

Tiffany smiled and kissed Taeyeon softly.

-----

"Dad, I have something important to tell you." Tiffany said slowly.

Her dad nodded, "I have something to tell you too."

Tiffany sat with Taeyeon, "Okay, you go first, dad."

"You're getting married." he said bluntly.

The girls eyes widened.

"But, dad, I'm still in high school!" Tiffany exclaimed.

"I understand, but when you graduate, you are going to get married." he explained.

"Why?" Tiffany said softly, Taeyeon squeezed her girlfriends hand, which was under the table, interlocked with hers.

"Tiffany, this is for daddy's work. If you marry him, I can get you anything you want." Her dad tried to bargain her.

"But, I don't want to marry whoever the person is!

I don't care how rich or how handsome he is!" Tiffany yelled.

Taeyeon finched at Tiffanys loudness, and Tiffany looked down at Taeyeon.

"Sorry." she said gently as Taeyeon nodded, accepting her apology.

"Tiffany, why are you so against this?" her dad sighed.

"Dad, didn't you say you wanted me to find true love?" Tiffany responded.

Her dad nodded, "But it's taking you too long."

"I already found my true love." Tiffany said, cutting her dad off.

Her dad looked at her surprised, "Really? Who is he?"

"She's a girl." Tiffany said.

Silence.

"You're.... Dating.. A GIRL!?" her dad exclaimed.

Tiffany nodded, used to her dad screaming at her.

"I won't allow a lesbian in this house hold." he said to her, angrily.

Tiffany couldn't help but let the tears flow as she stood up, facing her dad.

"If mom was here, she wouldn't care who I was dating, as long as I was happy. If she was here life would be better for me than it is now. If she was here you wouldn't have become a cold, selfish bastard." Tiffany said shakily as she clenched her free hand.

Her father raised his hand, preparing to slap Tiffany.

Tiffany closed her eyes, waiting for the slap that never came.

She opened her eyes and saw Taeyeon holding her fathers wrist, preventing the slap.

"Yah! Little kid, let go! How dare you interfere with this business!" he yelled at Taeyeon.

Tiffany saw tears on her fathers face.

"Stephanie Miyoung Hwang.. Don't you dare involve your mother into this conversation." her dad said.

Tiffany stayed silent as Taeyeon grabbed her hand.

"If you are dating a girl, you will not be called a Hwang anymore, I will disown you and you can live on the streets." he said angrily.

Tiffany gasped and looked at her fathers emotionless face.

"Fine, you can disown me, at least I'll be with someone who actually loves me, not someone who prefers their business over their DAUGHTER!" Tiffany yelled the last word out.

Tiffany walked to the door with Taeyeon.

Before leaving, Tiffany turned, "I bet mom is really disappointed in you right now, you're letting go of your daughter. She is probably really sad with the way you are acting towards your own blood. Bye Mr. Hwang." Tiffany said sadly as she walked out.

Mr. Hwang was left with tears rolling down his face. "Mianhe Stephanie, mianhe Miyoung... I just want the best for you..."