15

Deaf

Taeyeon and Tiffany went to the park that they went to yesterday, sitting on the bench with their backpacks as Tiffany rested her head on Taeyeon's.

They enjoyed the silence, enjoyed the company of each other as they watched the people walk past them, hearing the birds chirp happily.

Due to their closeness, Tiffany saw her hand very close to Taeyeon's.

She bit her lip lightly before grabbing Taeyeon's hand lightly and interlocking it with hers.

Taeyeon looked up, surprised, looking at a shy Tiffany.

After a second, Taeyeon smiled at Tiffany and held Tiffany's hand.

Tiffany smiled at this and they returned with their original position, but this time while holding hands.

"Taeyeon.." Tiffany called out.

"Hmm?" Taeyeon hummed in response.

"Tell me about your family." Tiffany said softly as she watched a leaf fly by on the sidewalk.

"Alright, well, I only live with my mom." Taeyeon started.

Tiffany nodded, showing she heard Taeyeon.

"Where's the rest of your family?" Tiffany asked hesitatingly.

Taeyeon sighed as water clouded her vision, without saying anything, Taeyeon pointed to the sky, which was baby blue with small pure - white clouds scattered all over it.

Tiffany, shocked at Taeyeons reply, looked down at her and Taeyeon looked up, tears in her eyes.

"Taeyeon.." Tiffany cooed as Taeyeons tears fell.

Tiffany cupped Taeyeons face and wiped her tears before pushing Taeyeons body into her own, hugging her gently as Taeyeon cried softly.

"I was the only one who survived the crash.." Taeyeon said as she sobbed silently.

Tiffany stayed silent, listening to Taeyeon as she rubbed her back.

"My dad... He had died, the car crashed onto his side.." she said, sobbing slightly harder as her body shook against Tiffany.

Tiffany hugged Taeyeon tighter, sensing how sad she was.

"My sister... My little sister.." Taeyeon didn't continue as she buried her face into Tiffany's shoulder, crying into it.

Tiffany felt her shirt get wet, but she didn't care.

She saw and felt all the stares that were given by people walking by, she didn't care.

All that mattered to her now was Taeyeon.

Tiffany slightly pulled away from Taeyeon to look at her, but Taeyeon hugged her tighter, not wanting to exit the hug.

After a couple minutes of silent tears and hugging, the girls pulled away.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon in the eyes, but Taeyeons eyes wouldn't meet Tiffanys.

Tiffany cupped Taeyeons face and made her look into her eyes.

Tiffany saw how sad, hopeless, and lonely Taeyeon looked, and it hurt her heart.

While Taeyeon, on the other hand, was having trouble breathing, due to her crying AND how close Tiffany's face was to hers.

Tiffany used her thumb to wipe Taeyeons tears away before caressing her cheek lovingly.

Tiffany smiled gently at Taeyeon, and Taeyeon smiled back.

"Don't worry Tae, they'll always look after you, they'll always be there for you, and so will I."