12

Deaf

"Taeyeon-ah, Mianhe, you know that I need to work in order for us to get money." Taeyeons mom said as she hugged Taeyeon.

Taeyeon nodded, "It's okay mom. I want to go around the city for a bit."

Her mother pulled away from the hug, "Be careful, okay? Just because you can hear again doesn't mean you can throw caution to the wind."

Tiffany, who was watching the scene from afar, stepped up.

"I'll go with her."

Taeyeon's mother smiled, "Really? Ah, thank you Tiffany!"

Taeyeon's mother drove away, back to her job, leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany alone.

They walked along the streets as Taeyeon listened to every sound intently.

She heard cars, alot of them.

She heard talking of people among the streets.

How she had missed this. She missed being able to hear, but now she could.

Thanks to Tiffany.

She felt someone poke her.

She turned to Tiffany who looked away, "Ah, Mianhe. Force of habit."

Taeyeon laughed softly, "It's alright, I'm used to it. So what's up?"

Tiffany looked at her again and smiled, "What do you want to do?"

Taeyeon looked around and shrugged, "I don't----"

Taeyeon stopped when she saw a park come into her view.

She pointed to the park, "I want to go there."

Tiffany nodded and smiled, grabbing Taeyeons hand, surprising Taeyeon.

Tiffany ran towards the park, bringing Taeyeon with her.

After finally entering the park, they began to walk slowly, enjoying the nice weather and the beautiful park.

Both girls had forgotten that they were holding hands, as they were so comfortable with it.

They continued to walk, hands connected.

"Taeyeon?"

"Hmm?"

"Tell me about yourself."

Taeyeonthought of what to say, "There isn't much.."

"Sure there is, everyone is different."

Taeyeon sighed and kicked a pebble on the path.

"My name is Kim Taeyeon, when I was 13 I was in a car accident, leaving me deaf."

Tiffany shook her head, "I already know that, tell me something different."

Taeyeon sighed and started again, "My name is Kim Taeyeon, when I was 13 I was in a car accident, leaving me deaf. I like the color blue, I have a hard - working mom, and I have a best friend named Yuri."

Tiffany smiled, satisfied. "Good."

They began to walk again in silence, hands still interlocked as they listened to the birds chirp.

Taeyeon felt Tiffany slightly shiver as a breeze went by.

She looked over and saw that Tiffany was wearing a short sleeved shirt.

Taeyeon let go of Tiffanys hand and started taking off her sweater but was stopped when a soft hand held her wrist.

"No, it's okay." Tiffany said.

Taeyeon shook her head, "What if you catch a cold?"

Tiffany was still holding onto Taeyeons wrist, "I'm fine."

Taeyeon sighed and began to put her sweater back on.

Tiffany started to regret rejecting Taeyeons sweater, since it got colder.

Taeyeon debated on what to do, but after seeing Tiffany shiver for the 5th time, she wrapped her arms around Tiffanys waist and pulled her closer, giving her body heat.

"You're going to catch a cold." Taeyeon said softly.

Tiffany didn't say anything, as she was afraid her heart would burst due to the closeness, she responded with a nod.

Why was she feeling this way?