Chapter 1: "Mine."

Postcards

Baekhyun-ah.
Your smile lights up my day, even during storms.
Please don't stop shining.

- Your Admirer.
                                                          You're Mine.

 

It's already the 4th year that I'm receiving these letters, or rather, postcards like this. The front of these postcards were always the same, it's a picture of a already cooked bacon and an egg together, side by side on a white circular plate. And the sign off from these postcards were always the same as well, 'Your Admirer.' and 'You're Mine.'

My Admirer, it says. The first time I've found these postcards was when I was in the first year of my high school life. Coincidently, it was the day of my birthday, 6 May. At first, I paid no attention to it as I've always been receiving these letters since my middle school year, seeing as I'm the school's social butterfly, I'm bound to receive things like these. However, when I found these same postcards with different contents in my locker the day after, the next day and the next..

I've been really curious about this person, so I started asking around. If anyone happens to know who the Admirer is. I've even stayed back late after school, just to "catch" whoever that put these postcards into my locker. However, all the work time were sent down the drain, seeing as I couldn't "catch" anyone in action of doing it. And had to went home 'empty-handed'.

Needless to say, I've received the same postcards the following day. So here's my theory, either the Admirer is just really hardworking or is just plain stupid. Why? 'Cause I've stayed back until 6.55PM the day before just to "catch" that someone. So, he/she must have stayed later than me, in order to put this postcard into my locker. Also, either the Admirer is just really sweet or is just plain creepy. Why? Because at the back of the postcard stated,

Byun Baekhyun,
Please do not try to find me. I'll come find you, when the time's right.
Also, staying until 6.55PM in school isn't good.
Be careful & remember to Smile today as well. (:

- Your Admirer.
                                                         
You're Mine.

 

You see what I mean? How the hell does one even know that I stayed until 6.55PM the day before? The last time I checked, there wasn't a soul at the hiding location I was at. Well, except my best friend, Chanyeol. I've asked him to accompany me, since you know, I'm not very fond of quiet nor dark places..

Anyway, moving on. From that day on, I've decided not to try and find out who my Admirer is. It was fruitless anyway. So I might as well enjoy my high school life, while it lasts.

♦♦♦

Lesson time.

"Okay. Class, your senior year prom will be at next Monday, it's a week from now. Please use your time wisely." Our homeroom teacher, Mr Leeteuk announced.

Cheers and groans were heard from all over the class. 

Aish. Our senior year prom night will be in a week from now.. Which means that..

A student raised his hand.

"Yes, Suho-sshi?"

Suho, or rather, Kim Joonmyeon, the guardian of our group.

"Does this means that we'll be graduating a week after our senior year prom?"

"Well, yes. In fact, you'll all be getting your results two or three days after your senior year prom; right before your graduation."

"Thank you, Leeteuk-saenim."

"Okay. Anymore questions, class?"

Silent took over the class as some students shook their heads.

"Good. Now we'll continue on from where we left off yesterday about..(blah blah blah)"

Hmm.. This means that I'll only have about a week or two's time to find out who my 4 years admirer is.

♦♦♦

Lunch break.

"Hey guys ! Our senior year prom will be in a week's time !" Luhan, the baby-face deer of our group exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah, and we'll be graduating a week after that !" Tao, the wushu panda of our group replied, just as excited. Before both of them got engaged into a heated conversation about the prom and whatnots with some of our other members.

"AYO WASSUP !" A deep voice sounded as Chanyeol walked towards our table.

Park Chanyeol, he's my crush best friend as well as the happy virus of our group.

"Hi." I grinned at the happy giant.

"So.. What did I miss?" Chanyeol asked, gesturing towards Luhan, Tao, Kyungsoo, Kai and Sehun who were still having a heated conversation about the prom. Actually, it was just Luhan, Tao and Kyungsoo who were having the heated conversation. Kai and Sehun were having their arms over their respective boyfriend's waist while listening to their conversation and only replying when asked.

"Prom." Chanyeol nodded at my reply while settling down beside me.

"So.. Any idea for the prom yet?" Chanyeol asked, casually. 

The Admirer.. who might it be..

Unaware of the side glance he was giving me, I shook my head slowly.

"What's wrong?" His deep, warm voice asked, with a hint of concern.

I shook my head again, "Nah. It's nothing. Just thinking."

Maybe I should ask Kyungsoo-umma and Luhan-hyung later.

"Okayy.." I gave him a small smile of assurance while I looked around the table. 

Luhan, Tao, Kyungsoo, Kai and Sehun were still into the conversation. Kris and Suho were discussing about something. Meanwhile, Lay, Chen and Xiumin were engrossed in devouring the foods. Oblivious to the concerned glances that I received from Chanyeol, I continued eating while listening onto Luhan's conversation on the prom. Little did I know, that Sehun was looking at Chanyeol giving little glances out of the corner of his eyes.

♦♦♦

Free Period: Self-Study.

"Soo-umma, who do you think the Admirer is?" I asked, frustrated.

"Umm. You mean the Admirer who sent you all the postcards?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." I pouted.

 "Hmm.. You said that you've tried the wait-after-school-and-"catch"-the-culprit method, right?"

I nodded. "He even sent me a postcard next morning that mentioned about my staying after school to find him. He knows, umma !" I whined.

"Hmm? Who knows what?" Luhan settled down beside Kyungsoo, with Sehun tagging along.

"Baek's Admirer knows about him staying after school to "catch" him in action." Luhan's mouth formed into an adorable silent 'o'.

"But who might he be? The Admirer, I mean." Luhan titled his head to the side, slightly.

"That's what we're trying to find out, Lu." Luhan nodded.

"AH ! But were there anyone near your locker or your hiding spot during that time, Baek?" Soo-umma enquired.

I shook my head. "Nope. There wasn't anyone there. I've checked. I even stayed until 6.55PM just to find that person !" I pouted.

"Wait.. Baek. The school closes at 7PM.. and you stayed until 6.55PM.. Aren't you afraid of the dark?" Luhan raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, Baek. You were alone? In the dark, creepy and quiet hallway all the time until 6.55PM ?" Kyungsoo asked, mimicking Luhan's expression.

I blushed. "Ahh. No.. 'Yeol was with me. I asked him to accompany me 'cause of that.."

Something glistened in both Kyungsoo and Luhan's eyes while they looked at me.

"Did he left your side, at any time?"

I shook my head.

"Hmm.." Kyungsoo placed two fingers on his chin, in a thinking position.

"Yah Sehunnie ! Who do you think Baek's Admirer is? You've been oddly quite." Luhan complaint.

All eyes now went onto Sehun.

"I- uh. Need to go pee. Be right back." Sehun stuttered before unattaching himself from Luhan and walking out of the library.

"Isn't he always quiet, Lu?"

"Nope. By the way, you sure Chanyeol didn't leave your side at all?"

"Uh. Yeah."

"Hmm.. That's strange.."

Hmm... He didn't left.. did he?

"AHH ! He left once. When we're both about to leave the school at 6.55PM. 'Yeol carried his bag along as he suddenly excused himself for the toilet." I recalled.

Suddenly, both Luhan and Kyungsoo had this weird look in their eyes as they grinned.

"Well, why don't you ask Chanyeol if he saw anyone putting the postcard into your locker while he left for the toilet break?" Luhan suggested as Kyungsoo grinned so wide, it could almost rival Chanyeol's.

I shrug. "Well, okay."

♦♦♦

Chemistry Lesson.

"Yeol ! /huff/ I've got /huff/ something /huff huff/ important to ask you." I panted out.

"Woah. Woah. Baek relax. You looked like you just ran a marathon."

"I /huff/ ran here. /huff/ Almost late. /huff/"

"Okay okay. Chill. Breathe in & out." Chanyeol adviced as he passed me his water bottle.

After drinking, I felt so refreshed. 

"Ahh. Thanks." I passed him his water bottle back.

"By the way, what did you want to ask me?" Chanyeol asked as he placed his bottle back into his bag.

"Ah ! Do you happen to know who placed the postcard into my locker?" I grinned, excited.

Chanyeol suddenly frozed. "Uh. I- uh. I don't know. Why?"

My smile flattered as I directed my eyes downwards. "Nothingg. Just thought you'd saw when you went to the loo that one time."

Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief, oblivious to Baekhyun, before replying. "Ah, I see. Nope, I didn't saw anyone that time. Why ask now?" He raised up an eyebrow.

"I don't know. Maybe 'cause Luhan suggested."

Chanyeol hummed in reply before the chemistry teacher came in.

Maybe I'll figure who the Admirer is somehow. Hmm..

♦♦♦

The next day: Tuesday.

Opening my locker, I saw today's postcard. 

You're the light to my fire, the light to the end of my tunnels,
and finally, the light to my life.

- Your Admirer. 
                                                         You're Mine.

My lips curled upwards unconsciously as I let out a giggle. 

This person never fails to make me feels happy and special, does he? 

"Hey, Baek ! What are you giggling about?" A deep voiced asked.

I glanced to the direction of the source to see Chanyeol leaning against my locker, silently reading the content of my postcard.

Gasping, I hid the postcard behind my back as I faced him.

"No peeking !" I complaint.

"'You're the light to my fire, the light to the end of my tunnels, and finally, the light to my life.', huh? You like this stuffs?" Yeol asked casually, looking at me with curiousity b from his eyes.

"Of course ! It's so sweet and romantic ! I'd really like to know who the sender is though.." I pouted at the thought. 

"Mhmm. That's good. Meanwhile, let's go to our homeroom. The bell just sounded."

Gasping, I quickly took out my books from the locker and rushed to homeroom with Chanyeol side-by-side.

It'll never be a long day today. Because my energy have been restored by the postcard, for the day ! I thought happily.

Little did I know, that Chanyeol was secretly stealing glances at me all these while, his lips forming an involunteery smile.

♦♦♦

Wednesday.

Baekhyun-ah. 
Since I figured that you'd want to know who I am, I'm going to give you a hint now.
1st Hint: I'm actually in your homeroom class. (:

- Your Admirer.
                                                           You're Mine.

I glanced at today's postcard with a frown. 

In my homeroom class ? Hmm.. Isn't that too vague?

♦♦♦

Thursday.

Baekhyun-ah.
Everytime you smiles, my insides melts a lot a little .
2nd Hint: I'm a boy.

- Your Admirer.
                                                         You're Mine.

My eyes widened double of it's size as they gazed over the 2nd hint. 

A- a boy? I mean, yeah, sure. I've always sort of, unconsciously known that it's from a male, from the way the contents were written. But, wow. Really. 

"Hey Baek, do you-" Chanyeol started, but I was too engrossed in my own thoughts as I tuned out everything around me as I walked passed him, still thinking about the mysterious Admirer-boy-that-is-in-the-same-homeroom-as-me.

Unaware to Chanyeol's furrowed eyebrows as I walked passed him, my legs automatically taking me towards our lesson.

♦♦♦

Library: Self-Study.

With my eyebrows furrowed in concentration, I was still lost in my own little world, thinking about the Admirer-boy-that-is-in-the-same-homeroom-as-me. Oblivious to Kyungsoo, Luhan and Sehun's staring a hole into my head.

"Yah !" Kyungsoo waved a hand in front of my face.

Seeing that I did not respond, Luhan tried.

"OMO ! CHANYEOL IS COMING TOWARDS BAEK !" An unnaturally high-pitched voice rang through my eyes.

I snapped out of my trains of thoughts upon hearing the said boy's name. Blushing, I looked around only to find no Chanyeol.

"Ahh, ahh. Good work, Luhan ! Our lover boy is finally coming around." Upon hearing the familar voice, I turned in front, only to be met with Kyungsoo smiling at me with a devilious glist in his eyes and Luhan seated beside him, grinning like he had won the lottery. And as usual, with Sehun attached to him, with his arms wrapped around his small waist.

What do they say? No Luhan = No Sehun. I laughed inwardly at my own 'joke'.

"By the way, Baek. What's today's hint?" Kyungsoo looked at me with anticipation.

"I'm a boy.

"Huh? Of course, I know that you're a boy, Baek." Luhan titled his head to the side adorably .

"No, it stated 'I'm a boy.' in the postcard today." I rephrased.

Luhan nodded. 

"Okay, let's see.. The hints were.. 'I'm in your homeroom' and-"Kyungsoo started.

"'I'm a boy.' " Luhan interrupted.

I'm very tempted to say 'But I thought you're a girl.' with a dramatic gasp. o(> x <)o !!
Instead, I just settled for a simple nodding. \(TT_TT)/ !

I nodded. "So.. let's see who we have in my homeroom class.."

"You," Luhan pointed at me.

"Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Me, Sehun, Kai, Suho, Key, Jonghyun, (Blah blah blah)" Luhan continued counting on his fingers as he named.

"And Taemin !" Kyungsoo finished.

"Who might it be ? Taemin, Key, (Blah blah blah) don't seems like the type of person that will send the postcards.." Kyungsoo examined.

"Let's just say that the boys in our group will not, either." Luhan completed.

"You'll never know." All eyes went to Sehun as he spoke for the first time in the conversation.

Sehun shrug. "What? You'll never know. Lulu and I got together in this group, as well as KaiSoo, Chenmin, Taoris and Sulay."

"Yeah.. Now that you mentioned, it seems like only you and Chanyeol didn't get coupled up, Baek." Kyungsoo pointed out.

Luhan nodded in agreement.

I blushed.

DRINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG ! The bell sounded.

"Uh- I. Guys, I'll get going now." I blurted out quickly and dashed out of the Library before they can protest.

Phew. Luckily the bell saved me. I'm sure as hell my cheeks are so red that they can rival a tomato's. 

I cupped both my cheeks as the thought of Chanyeol and I being a couple crossed my mind.

Feeling my cheeks getting warmer, I fanned myself rapidly while going on to my next period.


That day, I didn't get to see Chanyeol at all. I wonder what's up with him.. Hmm..

♦♦♦

Friday.

Baekhyun-ah.
Have you gotten a date for the senior year prom?
I'd like to go with you, if you may.
3rd Hint: I have curly hair.

- Your Admirer.
                                                          You're Mine.

I tapped my index finger onto my chin, thinking about who 1) Is a boy. 2) In my homeroom class. 3) Has.. curly hair?

Just then, a shadow covered embraced my frame as I looked up, only to be met with Chanyeol and his crazy grin. Personally, I think it's the most adorkable sight. Yes, adorkable. Adorable + Dork = Adorkable. \(^ o ^)/ !

"Hmm, what's the hint for today, Baek?" His deep voice asked.

"Uhm. He has curly hair." Just then, I see his curly hair bounds as he nodded his head.

Hmm.. Can the Admirer really be Chanyeol? 

This thought occupied my mind for the most of today.

.. Can he?

♦♦♦

Saturday.

Since today there's no school, I don't think I'll be getting any postcards.. 

The thought of that made my heart sink a little. I yawned and got out of my house, still clammed in my Pjs.
I walked over to the mail box and.. WAAH LAA !

There's that postcard sitting in there peacefully, along with other mails.

My lips curled into an unconscious smile. Quickly flipping it over and reading it's content,

Baekhyun-ah.
You look the most adorable still dressed in your Pjs. and bed hair.
4th Hint: I'm tall.

- Your Admirer.
                                                           You're Mine.

I smiled wider upon reading the message. As I happily skipped inside the house, preparing to go to the mall for my senior year prom's outfit.

Can the day get any better? I thought, feeling the happiness radiating out from me.

♦♦♦

Sunday (The day before my senior year prom).

"Yeah. At first I felt really creeped out. But then, I realized that it's really sweet." I said into the phone.

"Haha. This person sort of reminds me of Chanyeol though. Are you sure it's not him?" Kyungsoo's voice was laced with playfulness.

"Hmm.. Now that you-" DING DOOOONG.

"Hang on. I'll get the door." I said into the receiver and went downstairs.

Upon opening the door, the cold air embraced me as a bouquet of red roses mixed with baby's breath greeted me. 

Picking it up, I realized that there's a card attached to it, as well as the postcard.

Closing the door, I got inside to put the flowers in a vase before sitting down to read both the card and the postcards.

"Hello? Baek, you still there?" Kyungsoo's voice sounded from my phone.

"Yeah. Received roses."

"WAAAAAAAAAH ! Not fair ! Kai don't even buy me those often anymore." I could imagine that Kyungsoo was pouting on the other end.

Sniggering, I open the card's content.

Dearest Byun Baekhyun-ah,
Have you received the roses? Are you prepared for the prom  tomorrow?
I hope you're delighted upon receiving them. (:
5th and last Hint: My initials are P.C.

- Your Admirer.
                                                           You're Mine.

Smiling at the card, I went to flip over the postcard's content.

Baekhyun-ah,
If I could hold up a star for when everytime you smile at me,
the whole sky would be filled with stars.
Because, everytime that you smile at me, I fall even deeper for you.
Please be happy. Be it with or without me.

- Your Admirer.
                                                           You're Mine.

Frowning at the alien content from usual, I didn't give it much thought before putting them on top of the other postcards that I've received from him over the years. I resumed talking to Kyungsoo-umma before calling it a night.

♦♦♦

Monday (The day of my senior year prom).

It was an hour before the senior year prom night and I'm still preparing myself.

I was combing my fringe when the doorbell suddenly sounded.

Happily skipping down the steps, I opened the front door only to be met with a delivery man.

"Ahh, hello. Are you Mr. Byun Baekhyun?"

"Yes." I answered, eyeing the package in his hands.

"Ahh, good. This package is for you. Please sign here." The delivery man pointed to a blank space above the word 'Receiver'.

After signing, I received the package with a muttered 'Thank you'.

Closing the door, I placed the package on my bed before continuing with my preparation. After I'm satisfied with my 'artwork', I turned to find my package still sitting on the bed.

Curiousity rose in me as I began opening the package.

Inside it seated a collage of my photos. Photos that I don't even know that was taken. In each of them, I was smiling brightly. While in the others, I was either sleeping or fooling around. 

I smiled. Sitting above the collage of photos were two very familar postcards.

The first one wrote,

To my dearest Byun Baekhyun-ah,
I love your smiles and everything.
Even the drool you have while sleeping, the soft puppy yelping before sleeping.
The way your eyes will be lined with eyeliner, the way your eyes would curved into little crescent moons while smiling.
If you ask me to say what I love about you, it'd take up 3 days 3 nights.
So, to summarise; I Love Your Everything.
And most of all, I Love You.
These are the 3 words that I was afraid to say, so I wrote my true feelings down them down.

- Your Admirer.
                                                         You're Mine.
 

I felt a sudden blast of happiness inside me, as well as tears that had began swelling inside of me. With shaky hands, I picked up the second postcard and flipped it over,
 

Baekhyun-ah,
It's been 4 years since we've first met, 4 years since I've fallen for you.
4 months for me to have the courage to speak to you.
And just 4 seconds for me to fall all over for you, once again.
Some people may think that the digit '4' is an unlucky number. But for me, it's the best, blessed number out there.
It may represent death for some people, but for me, it signifys a new beginning.
A new beginning for me to fall head over heels for you, to fall deeper for you.

By now, I guess you'd have guessed who I am.
But if you didn't, find me at the 4th floor bacony in the west wing.
If you've arrive, it means that you've accept me and my feelings.
But if you don't.. Well, I understand.
But please remember that I'll wait for you there for the spend of the whole senior year prom.
I hope you'll come. I Love You.

- Your Admirer.
The word 'Love' has 4 alphabets, so do the word 'Mine'.



Feeling the tears threatening to fall, I held it back with all my might. I wouldn't want to have waste all that time preparing, right?
Suddenly, it all began to click in place. The Admirer and all..

The Admirer.. The person who has been sending me those postcards for 4 ing years now. The person who has been in love with me for 4 years, the person who I have been foolishly in love for 4 years.. Thinking it was all my one-sided love.. When it clearly wasnt.

My one and only true Admirer, no, my one and only true love— Park Chanyeol.

He fits all the criteria.

1) He is in my homeroom. 
2) He is a boy.
3) He has crazily curly hair that I love so much.
4) He is tall.
5) And lastly.. His initials are Park Chanyeol.

My insides hurts so much. Realization had hit me so hard.

Suddenly, images of Chanyeol stealing glances at me and of how he had always secretly intertwins our fingers together underneath the table, away from the preying eyes.

How could I have not know, after all these years? How could I not notice his adoring gazes that were directed at me? How could I have not seen through his loving gestures? Why? Because, Byun ing Baekhyun is just too dense and conceited to take note of those around him. I was so mad at myself that I had forgotten about the time.

I quickly grabbed my phone, 

7.45PM

The prom starts at 8PM and it takes around 10 minutes for me to reach the venue. I quickly speed-dialed Kyungsoo-umma.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Soo. I'll be going somewhere. Meet you at the prom later. Bye."

"Wa-"

I hanged up the phone and started making my way towards the said venue— 4th floor bacony of the west wing.

♦♦♦

4th Floor bacony of the west wing.

I panted as I neared the door to the bacony. Looking at the bacony, I can make out a silhoutte. A sillhoutte of Chanyeol. The room was dark and I stared at him unconsciously, the moonlight that grazed upon his features ever so lightly, his sharp features were softly enlightened by the moonlight as he stared far into distance, outside the bacony.

My breath hitched as I began taking slow, hesitant steps towards him.

The lesser the distance between us, the more I find it hard to breath.

I was still approximately two to three steps away from him when he suddenly turned around, facing me. I felt my lungs tighten as my heart almost jumped out of my throat. His surprised expression slowly turned into one filled with care, love and adoration. The moonlight that was softly bathing his features makes me wonder, why didn't I notice his adorably shaped large eyes, his high, small, cute nose. Or his full, luscious lips before. 

my lips in nervousness, I saw him did the same. As my eyes followed the pink, wet muscles unconsciously. I swallowed the lump in my throat before trying to speak. 

I opened and closed my mouth serveral times, but no words came out. I was sure that I looked like a dumb goldfish. But that is the least of my concerns, at the moment. 

Chanyeol took a step towards me as I felt my palms getting sweaty.

Chanyeol looked at me in the eyes, his beautiful eyes had this really soft and pretty sparkle to it.

"You came." His deep, alluring voice sounded.

I nodded, knowing that my voice had failed me.

Chanyeol took another step towards me, closing our distance as he looked me in the eyes, with only inches between our faces.
I could feel his hot breath on my lips, I swipe my tongue across my bottom lip, as a nervous gesture.

Without another word, Chanyeol bended lower and caught me in a sweet, loving kiss. It was nothing rough nor needy. Rather, it was full of emotions and affection— the emotions and love that were kept away for 4 ing years. 

Chanyeol held onto my tiny waist, as I dug my fingers through his silky locks. I don't know how long has it been, that we've finally stopped kissing, letting what is known as 'Oxygen' to invade our lungs. 

The silence we were in was comfortable and not a hint of awkwardness.

I buried my face into his chest as I inhaled his sweet, sweet smell. Feeling Chanyeol held onto my waist tighter, pulling me further into his arms. I circled my hands to his back, just hugging him and loving the silent that had formed around us. No words were needed in this moment. For, gazes and gestures were all that was needed for us to understand each other.

"You're finally mine, Baek-ah. You're finally mine. And, I will never let you go. Because..."

"You're Mine."

 


Author's Note:

Wheeee ~! Finally completed ! \(^ o ^)/ !
This one-shot is unedited, so yeah. 

Please comment & tell me what you think about this story. Thank you &..

ENJOY ! :D