Enough is enough

⚜ It's Not Fair

I secretly watched them kiss from the corner of my eyes. He kissed her so passionately, I felt my heart squeeze tightly from jealousy. She broke the kiss and giggled, stepping back to leave when he wrapped his arms around her tiny waist and pulled her in again. I bit my bottom lip to hold in an annoyed groan. Could they just take this outside? He leaned in and kissed her more gently before she moaned slightly and hurriedly pulled away.

                "I have to go now." She blushed beautifully when he leaned in again and she stopped him, giggling cutely, "Yah--stop it, Luhan." He sighed and must have pouted, because she quickly pulled him for a quick peck on the lips and then opened the door.

                "I miss you already." He said it quietly, but I heard it. I rolled my eyes and finally turned my attention back to whatever show was playing. While the stupid lovey dovey couple continued to mutter sweet nothings to each other. I tried to concentrate on what the host was blabbering away about, but I kept catching onto what Luhan was saying to his stupid perfect girlfriend.

                "Why can't you just stay the night? I'll drop you off tomorrow." I silently prayed that she'd hurry up and just leave so I could strangle him.

                "I know, but I've already stayed for the past two nights. I think Eun Hee is getting irritated." She whispered when Luhan turned and I clenched my jaw, answering in the nicest voice I can manage, "I'm not at all! Stay as long as you like, Minah! Our place is yours, too!" I lied through my teeth and even turned to smile sweetly at her. God, the things that I do for you, Luhan, seriously.

                "See?" Luhan's eyes sparkled as his face beamed back at me. I felt another tight squeeze on my chest as the jealousy that I felt melted into misery when he turned back around to face Minah. Once again, I felt that bloated feeling in my chest and knew that I had to leave soon or I was going to lose it soon. I whipped out my phone and texted my rant friend swiftly:

 

I need a release. Right now.

 

I waited patiently for a couple of minutes and was about to give up and go to my room when he answered:

 

I'm working tonight, so come and drop by if you want.

 

                "Hey, I'm going out." I said out loud as soon as I read his reply.

                "What?" Luhan turned and Minah raised a questioning brow.

                "I'm going out tonight. You two have fun! I probably won't be back until tomorrow morning, so--" I grabbed my bag and my jacket when Luhan cut me off asking, with his eyes wide eyes, "Where are you going?" I stopped and hesitated. He'd definitely ruin all the fun if I told him where I really was going.

                "Movie." I lied again and smiled gently so that he'd buy it.

                "Ah, okay." He smiled that adorable smile of his and I inwardly in a deep breath, but instead of breaking down, I made a run for it and swiftly left. I walked two blocks and caught a bus headed downtown to the bar where I usually met up with Lay whenever I got stressed out. I got off the bus and hurried into the bar, over to my usual seat at the far end of the counter where Lay was already ready with a drink for me in his bartending uniform.

                "Please shoot me." I grunted as soon I plopped down and took a gulp of my drink.

                "Minah again?" He chuckled while cleaning the inside of a cup on the other side of the counter.

                "Yah! What's this?! This is apple juice!" I snapped at him angrily when I tasted the sweet juice instead of the bitter alcohol that I was used to. He only grinned cheekily, "I promised Luhan that I wouldn't give you any kind of alcoholic drink unless he was around." I scrunched up my nose and pushed the cup aside when Lay raised a brow, "What? Do you not like it? I thought Luhan said that Apple juice was your favorite."

                "This is exactly why I'm pissed, Lay." I grumbled and slumped in my seat.

                "I'm listening." He nodded and set aside the dry cup while taking another to dry.

                "I wish he'd stop trying to take care of me. He still treats me like a little kid and then there's Minah, who he treats like a princess and--ugh, I can't stand it anymore. I'm older than Minah and yet I get treated like a baby!" I growled and pushed the cup of apple juice aside, "Lay, give me beeeeeer."

                "Unless you give me a good reason to, I can't." He only chuckled at my misery.

                "I already told Luhan that I'll be out all night and that I'm not going back 'til tomorrow. Gimme beer." I snapped angrily when he laughed and shook his head, "I can't. That's not a good enough reason." I felt my face get hot from frustration and took a deep breath to calm myself down. If I was going to rant to him, I didn't want to remember any of it and his teasing wasn't helping, because I could literally feel myself start to break down.

                "Lay, I'm about to start crying if you don't give me a glass." I already felt the wet warmth at my eyes and blinked them back rapidly. He must have noticed, because his joking smile quickly vanished as he handed me a glass and poured me a drink. I immediately downed it and handed my cup back to him, letting out a deep breath to let the disgusting taste settle in my mouth.

                "Ready?" He asked gently when I shook my head and motioned for another refill.

                "I hate him." I answered and he frowned while pouring me another cup.

                "Wow...this time you're different, huh? You always say that you lov--" I cut him off before he could finish, whining, "NO! Not anymore! I'm done! I'm going to move out, because I'm sick of listening to those two love birds making love every other night!" I grabbed my cup from him and took another big gulp, trying to poison myself away from Luhan.

                "Eun Hee," Lay reached out and I pulled my cup closer to me.

                "I'm fine, Lay--just let me finish what I'm saying in my rage mode. Let me remember all the bad things I say about him so I can forget the good things later." I forced another gulp down. God, I hated drinking. But it was the only way for me to loosen up and get away. It tricks me and makes me believe that I'm faraway enough from all this pain. It tricks me long enough to settle down and toughen up again so that stupid Luhan won't see that I'm completely losing it. Lay eyes me carefully, but nods and pulls back.

                "I'm sorry." I mumbled as I realized that he must be sick of dealing with a crazy woman like me.

                "Don't be. You're funny when you're drunk." He teases again before I shake my head.

                "Are you sure you don't like me? Because you put up with me a lot?" Oh, here comes the buzz talk. I shake my head and blink, "Woah, just kidding. I know you already have a girlfriend." I laugh and quickly finish the last of the beer in one gulp. This time, he refills my cup without me having to ask.

                "Because you're Luhan's precious Eun Hee." Lay teases again and I glare at him.

                "Would you stop that? I know that you're best friends with him, too, but can't you take my side for once?" I grab the cup away from him roughly  and take a sip. Lay only smiles as he takes my glass of apple juice and dumps it out. Then he turned back to face me with a sweet smile, "Aren't I taking your side right now? I am offering you drinks on the house again, aren't I?" I sigh and pouted, "You texted him, didn't you?"

                "He's probably too busy with Minah to notice now. You'll have time to rant." Lay winked and I groaned before slumping myself over the counter. He reached out and patted my head, messing up my hair while laughing lightly, "Maybe if you stop talking so much and act a little more lady-like, he'll notice you, Eun Hee." I pushed his hand away roughly and pushed myself up to finish my drink. I could feel the buzz pumping through my veins now. I was never a strong drinker to start with.

                "No--I like talking...and if I'm a lady then I get stepped on all over and I don't want that." I grumbled as he poured me another glass and I continued, "I know him better than Minah ever would. I mean, she takes him to the amusement parks all the time and she doesn't even realize that he's terrified to ride the rides. And he just goes along with it, but he won't even it up for me! What a jerk!"

                "Maybe he's trying to change for her?" Lay shrugged and I rolled my eyes, "Oh please. He's not trying to change. He's just trying to impress her and it's stupid. Plus, Minah just has to be so freaking perfect for him. She's the perfect short height, baby face, well-mannered, nice and quiet, smart--UGH. I can't stand it. The two of them are too perfect for each other and I'm just there like the awkward third wheel." I took another large sip from my glass and set the glass down before sighing, "I can't stand it anymore, Lay. I would move out, but our contract with the owner isn't done yet."

                "Why don't you just give up on Luhan?" Lay raised a brow when I felt his question hit me like an epiphany. I laughed, louder than I should have, but it felt good and I felt my heart start to beat faster as the alcohol finally started doing its magic to my body.

                "Give up on Luhan?" I repeated and grinned, suddenly feeling happier than ever, "Why the hell didn't I ever think of that?" I laughed again and almost lost my balance when I tried to sit back and realized that I was on a stool. I caught myself on the counter though and giggled, "Ah, thanks so much, Lay--I feel so refreshed. Tomorrow this Eun Hee will become a totally different person!" I almost sang the last part, but didn't. Yes, I was going to change and find a better man than stupid Luhan. I should've realized that it was never going to work out between us. He was my best friend for God's sake. He'd never be able to see me as a woman when we grew up with each other. He always treated me like a younger brother and I always treated him like an older sister. I should just get on with my life and move on like Lay said. It shouldn't be hard, since Luhan already has a girlfriend. I'll just have to find a guy that's better than the two of them combined and fall in love with him. Easy, right?"

                "Let me take that for you." Lay swiftly reached out and grabbed my cup before I whined, "Yah! Give it back!" Even in the midst of my buzz, I was still conscious enough to know that his action could only mean one thing.

                "Eun Hee." Luhan's quiet and stern voice hit my ears and I only turned to glare at him, "Wha?"

                "You lied to me." He growled quietly and grabbed my wrist while turning to his attention to Lay, "You promised, Yixing." Lay only shrugged back nonchalantly, "Eun Hee's my friend, too, Luhan. She has her reasons." Then Lay looked back at me with a small smile, "I would never let you get hurt, right, Eun Hee?" His smile made his dimple show and I couldn't help, but giggle at how cute he was.

                "I trust you with my life, Yixing." I mocked Luhan and grinned back at Lay when Luhan yanked me off my chair, snapping, "That's enough. Let's go."

                "But I didn't even get to finish my Apple Juice." I whined and pulled back when Luhan stopped and sighed.

                "Eun. Hee. We're going." He looked me straight in the eyes, but this time I felt no fear anymore.

                "No. I don't want to." I jerked my wrist from his hold and stepped back when Luhan suddenly grabbed me out of nowhere.

                "YAH! LET ME DOWN!" I shrieked when he threw me over his shoulders before slapping his back angrily.

                "We're going home." He raised his voice and turned us around to head out of the bar. People were staring, but I didn't give a damn as I elbowed Luhan in the back of his head and continued to complain loudly, "LET ME DOWN YOU STUPID ADDICT! I DON'T WANNA GO HOME! I WANT MY APPLE JUICE!"


                "I'm not drunk!" I exclaimed loudly after he forced me onto the bus seat.

                "Oh, really?" He looked back at me with angry eyes.

                "Want proof?" I shot back and then grabbed the shirt of collar and pulled him in, blowing my breath into his face. Luhan only stared at me with dark eyes for a long moment before shoving my hands away from him. I pushed him away as well and then sat back in my seat and crossed my arms while looking out the window. The rest of the ride was silent and it was a good thing that it was late so there wasn't people staring like they were at the bar. When the bus reached our stop, he grabbed me again and pulled me after him as if I wasn't going to get off.

                "Stop pulling me around! I'm not a little kid!" I shouted as soon as we got off the bus.

                "You'd head right back to that damned place if I let go of you." He grunted back quietly while dragging me.

                "Let me go sleep over at one of my girlfriend's apartments, will ya?" I tugged my wrist away.

                "No. You'll just bother them." He replied and grabbed my wrist again. I inwardly sighed. It was always the wrist. Why couldn't he just grab my hand? Maybe then I wouldn't fight back so much? But then I remembered what I said to Lay and whipped my wrist from his grasp.

                "Well, I rather be a bother to them than deal with hearing you and Minah have every night. It's disgusting, you know?" I stomped passed him and heard his hurried footsteps behind me as he stammered, "Sh--She already left."

                "Yeah, after you guys screwed each other another round. I figured, Luhan. Or else you would've came to pick me up earlier." I snapped back bitingly and turned to our apartment. He didn't respond and I knew that he probably felt ashamed. Even though I didn't want to, it was a habit, and I ended up sighing, "It's fine. Bros before Hoes, right? But this girl isn't a ho so it's different. Yada yada, I remember." I did remember. We always joked about that with his all his girlfriends...but Minah was different. He got serious when it came to Minah.

                "Eun Hee." He sighed as we got into our apartment room and I only shook my head.

                "G'Night, Luhan." I took off my shoes and was about to head to my room when he grabbed my wrist again for the third time tonight. For some reason, that just made me snap and I turned back around before shoving him against the door. Luhan's eyes widened and I felt a rush of power through my veins.

                "You know what, Luhan? I'm not a little kid anymore, got it?" I raised a brow and he loosened his hold 0around my wrist. I was going to turn away when I noticed the hickey on the curve of his neck and started laughing again.

                "What?" Luhan frowned in confusion when I stepped up to him and pulled him down by his face.

                "Good bye, Luhan." I murmured after giving him a quick peck on the nose. Then I swiftly pushed him away and went back to my room. It was no use running after someone who was already out of my league. Seeing that hickey just did it for me. I give up.

                I really wanted to kiss his lips. I did. I was so tempted to, but that would guilt him more than me...and I didn't want to hurt him like that as much as I loved him. So a kiss on the nose was good enough. It was close enough.


Umm, this is only my second time writing 1st person, so I hope it's okay!!

Hope you guys like it so far? Hahaha ^^

Saranghae ♥ Eunae