A Misunderstanding

One Ok Rock

 

It’s over.

I kept reading the text over and over again. What’s over? I didn’t understand. What was Taka talking about?

“What’s wrong, Toru?” Yuka asked me as we made our way up to my flat.

“I-I’m not sure.” I said hesitantly.

We both entered my empty flat. Taka was nowhere to be found. I tried texting him.

Hey my love. Where are you? I’m back home now.

I don’t care. Have fun with your new lover.

A gasp escaped my lips and I felt my heart stop. He thought I was cheating on him? Why would he even think such a horrible thing like that?

“Seriously, Toru. What’s wrong?” Yuka asked with a frown on her face.

“Taka thinks I’m cheating on him.” I said in shock.

Yuka stared at me with a surprised expression, “where would he get such an idea like that?”

“I don’t know. I need to find a way to fix this though.” I stated.

Taka. It’s not what you think. Please come back over so I can explain. I love you. I would never cheat on you, ever. I love you so much. Please let me explain.

Fine. I’m on my way now.

I let out a sigh of relief, but I knew I wasn’t out of the clear just yet. I would never cheat on the man that I was in love with. I just hoped he would see past this misunderstanding and forgive me.

                                                         ~~~

Taka showed up at my door twenty minutes later. I could tell he had been crying. His eyes were still red and puffy. I wanted to pull him into my arms and kiss away his sadness but I knew I couldn’t do that just yet.

“Ok. I’m here. Are you going to explain yourself now?” Taka asked as he crossed his arms.

“You can come in now.” I yelled out.

We both watched as Yuka walked into the room. Taka stiffened up a little before he relaxed against the wall.

“What’s she doing here?” Taka hissed.

Yuka walked slowly towards me keeping her eyes on the ground.

“This is who I was with. She needs a place to stay so I told her she could stay with me for a while. I swear I’m not cheating on you. This is just a huge misunderstanding. I love you.” I said, choking back tears.

I could see tears forming in Taka’s eyes. I didn’t know what was going to happen next.

“I think I’ll leave you two alone for a little bit. I’ll uhh….come back tonight.” Yuka said as she headed out of my flat.

“I’m so sorry. I feel so stupid now. I accused you without even knowing what was going on. I’m so sorry. Please forgive me.” Taka said through tears.

I caved and pulled him into my embrace. He started to cry against my chest. I gently his hair.

“No. Forgive me. I should have been up front with you. I’m so sorry. I love you so much.” I said as I kept Taka’s hair.

“I love you.” Taka whispered.

I let out a satisfied sigh before I smothered him with sloppy kisses. I never wanted to fight with him like that again. I never wanted to see him cry again.

“I love you too.” I whispered into his ear.

Taka pulled away from my embrace and looked into my eyes.

“So why isn’t she staying with her sister?” Taka questioned.

“She doesn’t want to trouble her. There’s something else you should know. I promise no more secrets between us.” I said.

Taka nodded his head and smiled at me.

“Yuka’s pregnant.” I said biting my lip.

Taka’s eyes widened in surprise, “who’s the father?”

I slowly shook my head, “that guy she cheated on Hiro with.”

“Okay. Now you have me curious. Tell me everything my love. Don’t leave anything out. No more secrets.” Taka said.

I smiled down at my beloved before I told him the truth about Yuka. There would be no secrets between us.

                                     To Be Continued….