Lost and Found (Part Two)

One Ok Rock

 

We walked into what looked like an abandoned building. The run down hallway was mostly dark except for the flicker of lights that hung from the ceiling. Taka squeezed my hand as we walked up the rickety staircase. I could hear music blasting at the top of the stairs.

The room we walked into looked completely different from the downstairs area. The walls were a shade of navy blue with a mahogany trim around the borders. The lights were dimmed down low and loud conversations were being made. There was little to no walking room so we had to gently push through crowds of people. It was hard to tell what type of music was playing.

In the corner there were people passing around alcohol and cigarettes. A guy no older than eighteen glanced up at us before he continued a conversation with a random girl.

“We’ll find them, Taka.” I said reassuringly, still holding on to his hand.

“I just can’t believe Yuka brought my brother to one of these events. What was she thinking?” Taka said.

We scanned around the room looking for any signs of Yuka or Hiro. I spotted Hiro sitting on a couch near a window. I let out a sigh of relief and led Taka to him.

“Where’s Yuka?” I asked Hiro.

Hiro pointed to the corner where the eighteen year old guy was. We all looked over and watched as the guy shoved his tongue down Yuka’s throat. Taka mumbled something and had a look of disgust on his face.

“Hiro, did you drink anything?” Taka asked as he grabbed Hiro’s shoulders and stared into his eyes.

“N- no. I didn’t have anything. I just want to go home now.” Hiro said shakily.

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to find myself face to face with Yuka. My face instantly became hardened.

“Hey. So glad you two could make it to the event. Are you all having fun?” Yuka said, smiling sweetly.

“Actually, we were just leaving.” Taka said coldly.

“Are you taking my Hiro away from me?” Yuka asked, a small pout forming on her lips.

“I’m not your Hiro, Yuka.” He managed to say.

“Yuka, we saw you playing tonsil hockey with that guy over there. That isn’t cool.” I chimed in.

“Oh! That guy is nobody special. I don’t really know him.” Yuka stated as she waved her hand.

“That’s not what it looked like from here. I guess we’re done then, Yuka.” Hiro choked out.

“And I guess we are done here too. Goodbye Yuka.” Taka smirked.

All three of us walked back outside into the normal world. I turned around when I heard someone yelling my name. I saw Rin running towards us, and waving at us.

“Finally! Sorry it took me so long to get here. The buses got delayed because of some accident.” Rin said as she tried to catch her breath.

“It’s fine. We found them. Yuka is still inside if you want to go get her.” I said.

“No, that’s okay. She can handle herself at these events. Are you okay, Hiro?” Rin asked with a concerned look.

“Yeah. I’m fine. Thanks.” Hiro said shyly.

“So what happened in there? You guys look like you’ve seen a ghost or something.” Rin commented.

“Your sister is uhh….very affectionate.” Taka said, scratching his head.

“Hiro! I’m so sorry. I had no idea she would pull another stunt like that after she promised not to.” Rin said as she shook her head.

“You mean she’s done this before?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Sadly, yes. She’s not really the relationship type. Even though we are twins, we are complete opposites. I’m sorry you all had to go through that.” Rin said as she bowed at us.

“It’s fine. I’m just glad we all found out sooner rather than later. I should really get home. I have band practice later on.” Hiro said.

“Can I walk with you, Hiro? I have something I have to pick up at the store.” Rin stated.

“Oh, umm…sure.” Hiro said blushing.

“Oi, Hiro. There’s something I want to tell you real quick.” Taka said.

“Yeah?” Hiro answered as he turned to look at his brother.

“Well umm…Toru and I are together now.” Taka said as a blush formed on his face.

“I kind of figured you were. I’m happy for you guys, really. We need to hang out soon, Toru.” Hiro said.

“Yeah. I’ll text you sometime soon then.” I called after Hiro.

We watched as Hiro and Rin walked off together. The both of them seemed to be enjoying each other’s company.

“Are we really that obvious?” Taka asked as he turned to look at me.

“I guess so.” I shrugged.

“You think Hiro will be alright?” Taka questioned.

“Definitely. I trust Rin. He’s in good hands.” I assured him.

“Yeah. I still can’t believe that Yuka is her sister.” Taka said as he looked down at the ground and kicked a half smashed cigarette .

“Don’t worry. Yuka will get what she deserves in the end. Are you okay though?” I asked.

“Of course. I’m great since you’re with me.” Taka said, flashing me his signature smiled.

I smiled back before kissing his forehead. We both watched as a guy ran out of the building and ran back in it.

“Well that scenario looks familiar.” I chuckled.

“Was I really that bad?” Taka asked.

“Haha. I shall never tell my love.” I said through laughter.

Taka began to pout but I pulled him into a quick kiss before he could say anything.

“Let’s go home.” Taka whispered into my ear.

“Mmm…my place tonight.” I whispered back.

I grabbed Taka’s hand and we walked down the crowded sidewalk with nothing but the setting sun in our view.

                                                  To Be Continued….