Breakfast Time

One Ok Rock

 

“You know we still have to tell them. We haven’t exactly made it official or anything.” I said, watching Taka flip a pancake in the skillet.

“Fine. We’ll tell them today. I kind of invited them over for breakfast.” Taka said as he flipped another pancake and bit his lip.

I leaned up against the wall, maintaining my composure.

“Why didn’t you tell me you invited them?” I huffed.

“I’m telling you now. Besides, we are all in the band together. They will understand.” Taka reassured me.

“Well…if you say so.” I said, grabbing a plate from the cabinet.

“You still haven’t asked me yet.” Taka said as he placed a pancake on the plate I had just put on the counter.

“You’re right. I haven’t.” I smirked.

I heard Taka mumble something, and then the room went silent. I chuckled a little before grabbing Taka’s hand. He turned to me in shock as I got down on one knee.

“I’m not good at these things so I apologize in advance. My dearest Taka, would you do me the honor of becoming my boyfriend?” I asked, smiling up at him.

I watched as a light pink blush formed on his cheeks and a smile snuck up on his face.

“You’re terrible at this, but yes, I will be your boyfriend.” He said as he smiled up at me.

I picked him up and spun him around in a hug before I gently put him back on the ground. I gave him a quick kiss on the forehead before a small chuckle escaped my lips.

“I’m going to go shower before they get here. I should come over more often. You’re a great cook.” I said before walking off to the bedroom.

Dreamer followed me into the bedroom and plopped down on the bed. I was used to him following me around everywhere. He was kind of like my shadow, but an annoying version.

I grabbed some clothes out of my duffel bag and headed into the bathroom.

The hot water from the shower helped me to relax and feel more energized. I felt each drop of water hit my back. The entire bathroom was filled with steam. It felt like I was in a sauna. A knock on the door startled me.

“Y-yes?” I stammered.

“Breakfast is ready. You have five minutes.” Taka yelled out behind the door.

“Okay. Be right there.” I yelled back.

I dried off quickly and threw on my clothes. I shook my wet hair and walked out. I didn’t care if my hair was still wet or not.

Ryota and Tomoya were in the kitchen piling pancakes on their plates. They didn’t even look up when I walked over. I grabbed three pancakes and poured syrup all over them. Once I had my pancakes I walked over to the dining table and sat down with the rest of the group.

Taka shoved a huge bite of pancake in his mouth and started talking with his mouth full.

“So, do you guys like it?” Taka asked as he swallowed his food.

“Yeah. It’s real good.” Ryota said.

“Yeah. So good.” Tomoya said, cramming another bite into his mouth.

“Well you already know I like it.” I chimed in.

Tomoya and Ryota gave each other a glance before they busted out laughing.

“What is it?” I asked.

“It’s so obvious! You two are dating!” Tomoya said.

Taka and I shot glances at each other before I turned away to hide my blush.

“How did you know?” Taka asked, surprised.

“It’s written all over your faces. Plus you guys are sitting so close to each other.” Ryota said as he motioned between the two of us.

“I see. So you guys are okay with us then?” I asked.

“Totally.” They both said in unison.

I watched as they crammed the last bite of pancake into their mouths. I looked over at Taka to find him typing away on his phone.

“Something wrong?” I asked him.

“Not really. Just texting Hiro. He uhh got a girlfriend.” Taka smirked.

At that, Ryota and Tomoya excused themselves from the table to go outside for a few minutes.

“You’re not going to go all overprotective brother on him again, are you?” I asked as I stood up from my place at the table.

“Pfft. No. He’s dating a fan though. I just want him to be careful.” Taka said as he started cleaning up the dishes.

“You know something. You’re a good brother. You always look out for him.” I said as I started drying off dishes.

“Well of course I am. I’m his big brother. It’s my job.” Taka chuckled.

I rested my hand on Taka’s shoulder before giving him a quick kiss on the head.

“Aaaww. You guys are so cute together.” Ryota said as he and Tomoya walked back into the apartment.

An obvious blush was on my face but nobody seemed to mind. We all pitched in to help clean up the mess we had made and before we knew it we were all saying our farewells to each other.

“And then there were two.” Taka said.

“Well three if you count Dreamer.” I said.

“True. He sure loves to sleep. Oh! Hiro said that he wants to meet up for lunch tomorrow. You’ll come with me, won’t you? I don’t feel comfortable meeting his new lover by myself.” Taka frowned.

“Of course I will. I’m always here for you.” I said, pulling Taka into a kiss.

I felt Taka melt into my embrace and I felt my heartbeat speed up. I loved feeling like this. Being with him made me completely happy and I couldn’t imagine life getting any better.

                                                                   To Be Continued….

Authors Note: *I felt like it was time to bring Hiro into the story. Baby steps you guys. Baby steps.* ^_^