Confessions

One Ok Rock

 

Today was the day. I was going to tell Taka exactly how I felt about him. No more secrets. No more sneaking around. No more of letting fear get in the way. Today, I was going to put all of my doubts and fears to rest and tell him exactly what I’m feeling.

A smile snuck up on my face as I looked over at the curly-haired vocalist. Taka looked over at me and flashed me his signature smile before he waved in my direction. I blushed slightly before looking away.

Band rehearsal had just finished and my mind began to wander into unfamiliar territory. Today felt like a daydream. I kept smiling like some school girl that had a massive crush on someone.

“Leader! Oi, leader! Toru! What’s with you today?” Taka said in a childish voice.

I blinked my eyes and saw Taka standing in front of me waving his arms around like a crazy person trying to get my attention.

“Oh. Sorry. I was just thinking. Did you want something?” I asked, my mind still in a daze.

“Hmmm…I asked if you wanted to go back to my place and watch a movie or something.” Taka said.

I just sat there watching his lips move. I didn’t notice what he was saying. Had his lips always looked like that? His lips just looked so kissable; I wonder what they taste like. I had to shake those thoughts from my mind before a blush appeared on my cheeks.

“You’re doing it again, Toru. What is with you today?” Taka said, a huge childish smile formed on his lips.

“You like someone, don’t you?” Taka said, sounding giddy.

“Well uhh, I uhh.” I said, stumbling on my words.

Taka started grinning from ear to ear. An obvious blush formed on my face.

“I knew it! So who is it? Is it that girl from yesterday?” Taka chirped, as he clapped his hands together.

“No. It’s not her. It’s someone else.” I said, looking at the ground.

“Well who is it? Come on. Tell me, please leader.” Taka said, a pout forming on his lips.

“Well it’s someone I’ve known for a while and we’re best friends but I don’t think it would work out. I don’t think this person likes me that way.” I said, suddenly unsure of myself.

“What? Why not? Anyone would be lucky to have you as a boyfriend.” Taka said, smiling at me.

“Because the person I like is standing right in front of me.” I blurted out.

Taka stood frozen in place, not blinking his eyes. He tried to say something but the words left him.

“I knew it.” I said as I stood up to walk away.

I felt a hand grab my arm. I looked to see Taka holding on to my arm and staring into my eyes. I watched tears form in his eyes as I pulled him into me for an embrace.

“I wanted you to say that for so long.” Taka whispered into my chest.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I his hair. I could feel him squeeze me tighter. He pulled away to look up at me. His eyes were full of wonder and his signature smile was on his lips.

“Why didn’t you say something to me sooner then?” I asked him.

“Well I didn’t want to rush you. I wanted you to take as much time as you needed.” Taka said.

“Have I ever told you how perfect you are?” I said, smiling at him.

“Well, you might have said it once or twice, but I don’t mind hearing it again.” Taka chimed, flashing me a cheeky smile.

I let out a hearty laugh and Taka began to pout a little. He could be awfully cute when he wanted to be.

I grabbed his chin and pulled his lips up to mine. My face instantly became hot as I felt his soft and warm lips melt into mine.

All too soon, the kiss was over. I opened my eyes and saw Taka giving me a mischievous grin.

“What? What is it?” I stiffened.

“You like me. You totally like me.” Taka said, smiling like a little kid.

“Oi! What are you, twelve years old?” I chuckled.

Taka ran around the room like a little kid yelling, “Toru likes me!” I turned every shade of red and chuckled to myself.

“No. I don’t like you.” I yelled after Taka.

I watched him stop dead in his tracks. His face becoming serious. He was about to say something but I stopped him.

“No. I don’t like you because I love you.” I said as I pulled him in for another kiss.

This kiss put every other kiss to shame. It was a kiss full of passion and innocence. This kiss made my heart feel like it was going to jump out of my chest. The feel of his lips against mine made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

We pulled away from the kiss and looked into each other’s eyes. I smiled at Taka and ruffled his hair. He let out a small giggle.

“So, back to my place then? Movie date?” Taka asked me.

“Definitely.” I replied.

“One more thing, I love you too, leader.” Taka said smiling at me.

I was completely overcome with happiness as I wrapped my arm around his shoulder. A smile formed across my lips as I felt his arm sneak around my waist. This was just the start of a beautiful relationship.

                                                     To Be Continued….