Trouble Maker

My Foster Guardian Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bad Girl Good Girl - Miss A

 

Chapter 6: Trouble Maker.

Early in the morning, I quickly got up from the bed and looked at the simple room around me. The room was slightly bigger than the one I used to rent but it’s not that extravagant either, just enough room that could let me jump around in joy knowing that I don’t have to worry about paying any rent.

Nevertheless, I shouldn’t celebrate too soon. As much as I hate to come to an agreement with Lu Han, I have no choice. My adviser already knows about him and I’m homeless.

Although I’m having some doubts with his second condition. Me, acting like his real younger cousin? Fine, that might sound easy but there’ll surely be something that’ll come up along the way. I mean, he won’t just ask me something as easy as that, right? Though, I’m not really in the right place to even doubt him. I’ll just forget about this worry of mine and do my fair share of the agreement.

Yesterday, after getting into an arrangement with Lu Han, he just guided me the ways around his place—which isn’t really big and complicated—before going back to his work. I fixed my things myself as he didn’t give out a helping hand with it, and I wasn’t really expecting him to do so even though he looks like a gentleman. I wouldn’t complain with anything for he already let me live with him, and that’s already a big help so I just followed him around timidly, not wanting to cause any more trouble.

He also introduced quite a few things about himself such as his age, name, number and job. During the last few times that we met, he was wearing a corporate attire and my assumptions were proven right as he told me that he’s working in a company owned by his father located somewhere near downtown Seoul. He didn’t tell me the reason why he was living alone though. He said he has one older brother and a father, he didn’t tell anything about her mother and that’s it—not that I was curious about his biography, maybe.

The room was already decorated with furniture such as a closet, table, bed, and the basic things that you can find in a room. I don’t have a stable job so the things that I could only buy are limited. The only belongings I have are some basic necessities that an average high school girl has, so it wasn’t hard for me to fit in all of my things inside each cabinet.

The whole unit only has one bathroom though, but the room that Lu Han gave me was more than I could ask for.

Now that my things are settled, I better prepare breakfast for my so-called cousin. I made my way towards the kitchen without making any noise as I don’t want to disturb Lu Han’s sleep. It seems that he arrived home late last night that’s why I wasn’t able to see him as I slept early due to exhaustion. He seems like a pretty busy man, and I wouldn’t want my foster guardian to have lack of sleep because of my carelessness. I’ve already troubled him enough.

I opened the fridge and saw some bacon and eggs sitting idly, but nonetheless, the fridge was very roomy, obviously not used to having some edible foods inside. Since there’s not much of a choice, I resorted to just frying the raw ingredients while the rice cooker works its wonders.

After placing the sunny side up eggs and crispy bacons on the table, I immediately went to the bathroom and did a quick shower. Good thing is that the mark made by Lu Han’s already gone—and I’m not wishing for it to last—so I was able to dress up without any worries. I wore my mustard yellow uniform afterwards and got my backpack ready for school. The rice’s only halfway cooked and it’ll take a while if I wait for it. Seeing as I’m running late again, I just decided to toast some bread so that I could eat on the way to school.

In about a few minutes, I managed to reach the school by bus. Actually, I’m under the radar of Mr. Kim so I’m going to attend all of my classes starting today. I already have my so-called cousin so there’s no need to work myself to death, proving that Lu Han really is a blessing. I already quit from my other part time jobs and just stick with Baekhyun and Chanyeol-oppa’s Italian restaurant. I haven’t met with them yet after what happened with Lu Han, but I’ll go there later after school to get my pay.

I was about to walk towards the room when I saw a stuck up brat closing in on it. He was about to open the back door but got stopped by my hand who was gripping on his wrist. I glared at him with pure hatred as he just gave me a smirk in return.

“Hi Jaera, missed Sehun-oppa?” The brat said, mockingly. “You sure are acting a little bold today.”

“Why did you tell Mr. Kim about me cutting classes, huh?!” I hissed, gripping on his wrist tighter, making sure that it’ll leave a mark.

My blood boils by the mere sight of this freaking brat. It’s all because of him, that’s why I’m forced to live with Lu Han. If he didn’t turn me in, then Mr. Kim wouldn’t have seen me on the streets—though I’m still going to be homeless by then.

“I didn’t tell him anything, you crazy !” Sehun said, trying to pull my hand away but I gripped onto it, nonetheless.

“Then how did Mr. Kim know about it?!” I glowered at him. “No one would dare to tell him except for you!”

But then again, if it wasn’t for this brat, then I wouldn’t have had the guts to pull Lu Han out and act as if he’s my older cousin.

Albeit my hatred for this brat still wouldn’t change.

Sehun stared at me with creased eyebrows. “He asked me where were you so I just said that you cut class again. It’s not like I really said that you always cut—“

“Then you do admit that you were the one who told him!”

“Told what?” Sehun and I immediately shot up upon hearing a familiar voice belonging to one of the faculty members. “Sehun, Jaera, what are the two of you doing here in the hallways? The bell already rang seconds ago.”

“Mr. Kim.” I muttered, causing for Sehun to finally manage to pull his arm away.

“Anyway, how’s the practice for the recitals going?”

“About that Mr. Kim,” I started, taking my eyes away from Sehun. “I’d like to request for a new partner—“

“And I don’t.” Sehun butted, giving off a blank expression.

“No one’s asking for your opinion, Oh Sehun.” I said, giving him a scowl.

“Neither for you.” Sehun retorted. “Can’t I speak even if no one’s asking me?”

“You two, stop it.” Mr. Kim said, shaking his head in disapproval. “You still don’t have a song to perform, do you?”

Without a second, Sehun and I immediately shook our head, causing for Mr. Kim to sigh. “I thought so. Wait for me here.”

Mr. Kim then entered our classroom as we followed. The door was closed so we couldn’t hear anything, but I could see him saying something to the class as they nodded before shuffling around. He immediately went out afterwards.

“Since you two won’t cooperate with each other, then might as well let me decide on your song.” Mr. Kim said before giving us a smile. “Follow me, I’ll help you two for your recital.”

“Look at what you did, who knows what kind of song that guy might give us.” Sehun hissed, scowling at me as I just rolled my eyes at him.

“So now it’s my fault?” I said, pulling out my spare jogging pants from my bag before following behind. “If only you didn’t blab about me in the first place, then I wouldn’t have asked Mr. Kim for a partner change!”

“In case you two don’t know, I can perfectly well hear you.” Mr. Kim said without even turning to look back at us, but still managed to make us quiet.

He then entered an empty dance room—one of the rooms in the music department—as Sehun and I just followed while glaring at each other.

I immediately wore my jogging pants under my skirt as Mr. Kim walked towards the speakers while fiddling with his iPod. Sehun sat down on one of the benches and looked extra dumb while wearing a blank face.

“You look dumber.” Sehun said scornfully, making me stare at him with wide eyes. Did I just say it out loud?

“No, I just know how your puny little mind works.” He smirked and I swear, if only Mr. Kim wasn’t here then I would’ve already murdered that pretty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter