Epilogue - Version One

My Foster Guardian Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 14, 2013 - March 14, 2014

Happy 1st year anniversary to us lovelies of 'My Foster Guardian Lu Han'!

Please read the A/N for announcements in regards to the Version Two!

 

Lucky (Piano Version) - EXO

 

Epilogue  - Version One

Forever

“Where the hell is that Bambi?!” Chen hissed, tapping his foot impatiently on the concrete floor. The church was already filled with white and shining decorations, coming from Stargazers, veils and even stars hanging on the high coloured glass ceilings. Friends and family members were already seated on their respective places, and the members of the entourage were already lined up by the porch according to their roles. The bride, who was supposed to arrive last, was already there as well.

Looking around, everything was finally set. Everything looked completely perfect. Everyone was just waiting for the main event.

However, the groom was running late.

 Completely enraged by his friend’s carelessness, Chen called to Kai with gritted teeth. “Oi, you better tell that good for nothing man that if he doesn’t arrive here in one second then the wedding’s off—“

 His words were halted however when his face met a stem of baby’s breath. “Oppa, stop being mean to Lu Han!” Jaera exclaimed from inside the limousine, the creases of her brows still very apparent despite her face being covered by her sheer white veil. “They just arrived last week so cut him some slack.”

“Now, now Jongdae, you should be gentler to Lu Han.” Seongim’s face appeared from behind the limousine windows, a small smile displayed on her vermillion lips. “After all, he’ll be your brother-in-law soon. After this, he’ll finally be a part of our family.”

“Your mother’s right, son. Besides, we’re the ones who wanted to rush the wedding anyway.” Joongki patted Chen and Kai’s shoulders, silencing the two’s protests. “Though seriously, where’s that bastard…”

Hearing their father’s remark, Chen and Kai didn’t waste any more second and continued tapping on their phones furiously, quickly forgetting their mother’s and sister’s words. Seeing the two brothers’ actions, Sehun laughed. “Chen-hyung’s just bitter since his younger sister got married earlier than him.” He then smirked as he saw the older male looking at him, dumbfounded. “You’re what, twenty-six and still girlfriendless.”

With wide and enraged eyes, Chen huffed. “Why you little—“ Although before he could even touch Sehun, Lay and Xiumin grabbed hold of his arms, rendering him immobile.

And right exactly at that moment, a black haired man in a white sleek tux suddenly came running from the parking lot, His hair kept neatly and his suit adorned with a big pink stargazer on its front. With each step, his face shone and his hair sparkled. Despite the striking and dashing appearance of the male though, his temple was filled with sweat and his expression was one of pure anxiety—as if death was just right in front of him.

And seeing Chen, Kai, and Joongki’s cold glares aimed towards him, he did feel like it was the end for him.

“Sorry, I’m late! I—“

“Lu Han-hyung, you little piece of ! I swear I’ll—“

Before Chen could even give the older male a piece of his mind, Kris and Sehun had already dragged Lu Han inside the church, all the while informing Jisoo, the maid of honour, that the groom finally arrived. Whilst the recessional was being prepared by the coordinators, both Kris and Sehun immediately stationed Lu Han where the groom should be—at the end of the aisle.

“What the do you think you’re doing running late on the day of your wedding?!” Kris hissed, giving Lu Han a look of contempt as though his brother did something grave—well, indeed, he did something very grave. “I know that you’re stupid, but I didn’t know that you’re this stupid.”

“Trust me, hyung,” Sehun spoke, rolling his eyes at Lu Han, who bit his lower lip, trying to steady his breathing. “I’ve seen worse.”

Lu Han frowned, seeing both Kris and Sehun, his two best men, giving him a scrutinizing look. It wasn’t like he wanted to be late. Heck, the day before the wedding, no matter how much Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Lay, and Xiumin tried to force him, he didn’t go out. Partly because he was too tired, but mostly because he was afraid that he wouldn’t be able to go home early or something out of the ordinary would suddenly happen to him, something that would hinder him from being able to wake up still the next day.

He knew that the probability of it happening was very low, yet just the thought of not being able to attend his wedding day scared him just as much as cable cars makes his insides churn. Lu Han wasn’t a paranoid, but he wouldn’t deny the fact that he was, utterly and absolutely, nervous. Too much even, that he wasn’t able to sleep all night—the main reason why he ended up being late.

It wasn’t a foolish reason though, since any man, perhaps, would be really nervy about their wedding. Sometimes, even worse than the bride herself. A bride and groom shouldn’t meet each other the day before their exact wedding day so the tension and trepidation increases greatly.

More so for Lu Han since he and Jaera hadn’t seen each other in person for exactly four years.

“Han, relax.” A low and raspy voice appeared from behind Lu Han, causing for him to look back. “Everything’s going to be fine.” Yi Han smiled.

The moment that the Kims knew of Yi Han’s miraculous recovery from his cancer, they didn’t waste any time and immediately proceeded with the preparations of Lu Han and Jaera’s wedding. Jaera and Lu Han had tried to argue it at first, reasoning that they were the ones who should prepare for it, yet Seongim still didn’t budge. Chen and Kai’s excitement over the wedding—which they kept on denying—only made things worse. Joongki’s lack of control over his wife—or as Sehun would like to say, state of being completely whipped—didn’t help either.

Albeit slightly uncertain about the sudden arrangement, Jaera and Lu Han eventually obliged. They couldn’t do anything about the matter anyway since Kris and Yi Han also supported the Kims decision. Especially Yi Han, who even went as far as to make the wedding date as early as possible despite knowing that they still have a lot of things to fix before going back. 

Lu Han, on the other hand, was very pleased about the matter since at last, he would be able to meet Jaera again after four years of agonizing patience and waiting. He was excited, glad, nervous, and uneasy. Different emotions were felt by him once he was finally able to land in South Korea again. Yet once he arrived outside the Kim’s house, two trolls—two rotten, evil, and devil’s spawns trolls according to Lu Han—named Jongdae and Jongin kept on refusing his presence, saying that he wasn’t allowed to meet their sister, Jaera. Seongim, having the same cracked character as the two, supported the idea, saying that the two should meet on the exact day of the wedding for it to be completely romantic and special.

Romance and specialness be damned, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter