Absolute Guilt

My Foster Guardian Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Missing You - 2NE1

*Please read the second part of A/N.

Chapter 46: Absolute Guilt.

Jaera won’t be lying if she said that she was anxious in meeting Jongmi after what happened. The other female had sounded fine over the phone, but it wasn’t enough to give her a sense of assurance that everything was perfectly fine. True, Jaera was indeed restless when they met the morning of that day; however, those had eventually disappeared once she, Lu Han, and Sehun met up.

The girl was, as always, smiling brightly, excited for their trip; neither has she spoke about the real matter as well. One thing that Jaera and Sehun greatly noticed though is how Jongmi had suddenly latched onto Lu Han unnecessarily, acting as if she was his girlfriend. Of all the times that they had been with her, it was obvious that she really did like Lu Han, but she wasn’t as clingy as how she was at the moment. She didn’t stick to him like glue, unlike now where she was practically forcing herself on him, not caring about the presence of Jaera, Sehun, nor the driver.

Had she not been that way then Jaera would’ve already assumed that everything was fine like always; that Jongmi was telling the truth when she said that she was okay. It was honestly confusing for her as to why the girl had suddenly acted like such when she was well aware of the fact that Lu Han has had always been uncomfortable with her. Not to mention the way she kept on looking at the backseat where Jaera and Sehun sat, as if checking up on them every now and then, it was suspicious.

“I knew it,” Sehun whispered, eyeing Jongmi with an irritated countenance. “She’s up to something.”

Not wanting to make false accusations, Jaera gnawed her bottom lip and turned to him. “What do you mean?”

“You know what I mean.” Creasing his eyebrows, Sehun turned back to Jaera and sighed. “She’s trying to take Lu Han-hyung away; she’s trying to annoy us.”

Jaera didn’t want to conclude for she knew Jongmi, and she would never do such a childish thing. Albeit, if that was really the case, then her plan was surely working for ever since the van started running, Jaera had felt nothing but bewilderment and bitterness. Jongmi was an important friend to her, and never would she accuse her of something she wasn’t even sure of, but feeling unpleasant was something inevitable. Jaera was a girl in love too, so one couldn’t blame her if she felt jealous seeing another girl clinging onto the man whom she loved.

Lu Han wasn’t even doing anything to avoid or push Jongmi away, and seeing as how welcoming he was to her, it made Jaera doubt if he even took their kiss seriously. In addition, remembering the way Lu Han looked when he asked Jaera to prolong her decision about her stay at his condo, it frustrated her even more. Everything was just going haywire inside her mind. Jealousy, uncertainness, and animosity were floating around her, but no matter how much she wanted to sort everything out, she couldn’t do anything but to watch and remain silent.

“Don’t worry, hyung’s not that stupid to fall for her tricks.” Seeing Sehun’s reassuring smile managed to ease Jaera a bit. She greatly appreciated his concern and was more than thankful for his presence, for had he not joined them, Jaera wouldn’t know what to do.

On the other hand, Lu Han was, undoubtedly, vexed with the way Jongmi clung onto him, but he wasn’t surprised anymore. He had already expected for something to change once everything was found out. What aggravates him more though is that, even if his annoyance was already on the brim, he couldn’t do anything to reject Jongmi. He couldn’t complain or even push her away for he was unsure about what the female would do once he treated her badly, and he wouldn’t want to take a risk; not when Jaera’s involved.

“Ms. Kim, we’ve finally arrived at the hot springs resort.” The driver spoke out of the blue, gaining the attention of Jaera, Jongmi, Lu Han, and Sehun. “I’ll send all of the luggage to your respective rooms. Once you enter the resort, someone will assist you as well so please enjoy your stay.”

Fortunately, the excruciating ride was over, finally giving both Jaera and Lu Han a time to take a break from the uncomfortable situation. With Jongmi talking to one of the employees of the resort, Lu Han immediately tried to run towards Jaera and Sehun. It was the chance he had long waited for, to be free from Jongmi’s clutches. Not to mention seeing the two’s smiling faces as they saw him approaching, his morning was becoming a whole lot better.

“Jaera, Sehun, I—“

“Jaera, we’re rooming together!” The excited voice of Jongmi suddenly filled the silent atmosphere of the lobby, turning heads from the three and a few passersby. Without any warning whatsoever, Jongmi suddenly pulled Jaera’s right arm and clung onto her, still donning an innocent smile towards the two males. “You two are rooming together at the male’s side. I don’t know which room, just ask the front desk. We’re going to fix our luggage now.”

Not liking the idea of the two girls rooming together, Sehun grabbed Jaera’s hand; however, Jongmi’s force was stronger and in no less than a minute, did she manage to drag the other female towards the elevator while waving happily at the two males who got left behind. “See you later for lunch!”

It worried both Lu Han and Sehun for they didn’t know if leaving Jaera with Jongmi was the right decision; they were never sure about what the other female could do. Albeit, they couldn’t do anything anymore since the girls already left, so with deep sighs, both Lu Han and Sehun went to the front desk and checked in themselves.

On the contrary, Jaera didn’t have any complaints about rooming with Jongmi. Actually, she had initially thought that the girl would be booking a separate room for herself, just like the last time when they went to the Philippines[1]. She was surprised knowing that they would be rooming together, and even though she still felt quite disheartened by the things she saw earlier, she held no complaints, nonetheless. It’ll also be a time for them to talk and bond again, just like how they usually did, so being together wasn’t so bad.

Although, the smile on her face quickly faded once they reached their room. As soon as they entered, Jongmi let go of her arm and bumped into her shoulder, rolling her eyes in the process. It shocked Jaera for it was very obvious that it wasn’t accidental and that the girl did it on purpose. She was at a loss for words, especially since she had never seen Jongmi acting like such. She believed that her friend was a bright and cheerful person, having no ability to harbour any ill feelings and contempt towards anybody.

However, Jaera realized that Jongmi was a person too; that she can also be disappointed, and that she can also hold negative feelings inside her. Jaera couldn’t even blame her for she had all the rights to be mad at her. They were supposed to be friends yet Jaera lied to her, taking their friendship for granted.

Regaining her composure from the shocked state she was in awhile ago, Jaera timidly went to her side of the room and started fixing her things with a disheartened expression, not noticing the remorseful look Jongmi was giving her.

          

 

 

 

 

It had been an hour since Jaera and Jongmi separated from Lu Han and Sehun, and ever since then, both had been unusually silent, trying to hide the fact that they were still worried. Much to their delight though, lunchtime quickly arrived, meaning they could finally see Jaera again. They could finally see if she was still okay.

Locking the door to their room, Sehun was then met by Lu Han’s blank look, causing for him to raise an eyebrow.

“I was just wondering but,” Lu Han said, pressing his lips into a thin line as Sehun waited for him to continue. “Aren’t you mad at me, Sehun?”

Although Sehun already understood what Lu Han was trying to say, he still acted clueless. “Why would I be? I don’t think there’s any valid reason for me to—“

“You know what I’m talking about,” Lu Han interrupted. “About me and Jaera.”

Blinking for a couple of times as if not believing his cousin’s words, Sehun eventually broke out into a chuckle. “Hyung, you seriously don’t think of me like that, do you? I’m hurt.”

“Well, I was just worried since I know how you feel for her—“

“Don’t even say it. I’m not that low, hyung. As long as she’s happy then I’m fine with everything,” Sehun explained, placing an arm around Lu Han as he dragged him towards the elevator. “And besides, you’re my hyung and I trust you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter