First Night

My Foster Guardian Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baby - EXO

Chapter 13: First Night.

“Eh?”

Jaera, Lu Han, Sehun, Suho, and Tao turned towards the source of the light and saw a female student holding a camera in her hands. The girl immediately flashed a bright smile as soon as the five caught sight of her. “Can I possibly take a picture of your cousin?”

“Hey, stop that now.” Suho scolded lightly, tapping the small device with his rolled on papers. “We shouldn’t disturb our guests—“

Giving off his angelic smile, Lu Han then placed a hand over Suho’s right shoulder reassuringly. “It’s fine, really.”

“Are you sure, Lu Han-ssi?”

Still unable to comprehend the situation, Tao nudged Sehun and widened his eyes at him. “This is way beyond weird. Why didn’t you tell me that Jaera was also Lu Han-hyung’s cousin?”

Sehun just gave Tao a smug smile in return. “Did you even ask?”

“It’s fine with me as long as my cousins are fine with it.” Lu Han answered with a shrug before turning towards the door connecting to the center stage. “And I think the other faculty members are calling you.”

After confirming that his name was indeed being called, Suho immediately went back to Lu Han and shook his hand vigorously. “I’m sorry but I need to go. I’m included in the closing remarks so…”

“It’s fine. I thank you for taking care of my cousins all the time.” Lu Han said in exchange, smiling at Suho as the latter did the same. “It’s a pleasure seeing you again.”

“The pleasure’s all mine.”

“Kim Joonmyun, what’s taking you so long?!” Another faculty member called from behind the door, causing for Suho to run towards the direction, but not before gesturing for Tao to come with him.

“I’m coming! Oi Tao, you’re coming with me!”

“What?!” Tao exclaimed, obviously not liking the idea of him being included in the closing remarks. He then jogged towards the door but not before eyeing Jaera, Lu Han, and Sehun with suspicious looks.

As soon as their adviser went out of sight, the female classmates of Jaera and Sehun immediately turned towards Lu Han with hopeful smiles. “So… can we take a picture?”

“As I’ve said, as long as it’s fine with my dear baby cousins.” Lu Han responded, turning to Jaera and Sehun with a raised eyebrow. “They’re your classmates, right?”

Jaera nodded meekly while Sehun just kept an indifferent expression on.

“So I presume you all are Jaera and Sehun’s friends?” Lu Han asked, smiling at the girls flashily, causing some of them to squeal inwardly.

“Yes, we are!” The girls chorused in unison, making Jaera’s eyes twitch.

Truth to be told, they are, by no means, her friends as well as Sehun’s.

Sure they’re classmates but Jaera never really conversed with them before. The only ones she probably had talked with before would be Haeri, Sehun, Soyeol, and Tao. It’s not that she didn’t like talking to her other classmates. Rather, she didn’t have the chance.

They were the glitzy members of the room, always having makeup caking their faces and accessories decorating their uniforms. They never really took notice of Jaera before as she’s really more on the plain looking side, but they did ogle at Sehun sometimes. Sometimes would actually be an understatement, it was more like almost every day.

They were a bit intimidating at first, but now that Jaera thinks about it, they actually seem harmless. Maybe because of Lu Han, she’ll finally be able to interact with them.

“Uh yeah, they are my friends.” Jaera responded, after a few moments of hesitation.

As soon as Sehun heard Jaera’s answer, he turned towards the girl with a raised eyebrow. “You’re friends with them?”

“Yes, we are!” One of the girls squealed in her high pitched voice, clinging arms with Jaera. “Right, Jaera?”

“Uh…”

“Whatever.” Sehun said, rolling his eyes towards the girls as Jaera just bit her lower lip.

“Is there something wrong?” Lu Han asked, turning to Sehun.

Before Sehun can even respond, one of the girls already went in between him and Lu Han while fixing her curled hair. She handed her phone towards one of her friends before quickly slinging her arms towards Lu Han’s and Sehun’s. “Kimchi!”

“Okay, done! I’m next!” The girl who was taking the picture yelled, shoving the phone back to her friend together with her own camera.

“Jaera wasn’t in the picture. I think we should take it again.” Lu Han said politely towards the girl before pulling Jaera beside him, placing an arm over her shoulder.

“Oh okay, let’s take it again.” The girl with the curly hair went back into place, causing for the other girls to groan in frustration. She then winked at her friend as the latter nodded.

“Okay, 1, 2, 3!”

“I bet you’re not included in the picture.”

Jaera gave out a small smile as the flash surrounded the darkly lit room again. After taking the picture, she then turned towards Sehun to ask him what he meant by what he just said when she suddenly got pushed to the side as another girl took her place. Ignoring what just happened, Jaera walked over towards the one who took the picture with her back facing the crowd.

“Can I see the picture?” Jaera asked, smiling at her classmate but only got a dry nod in response.

“Sure, here.” The girl gave the camera to Jaera in a hurry and instantly went back to her group of friends surrounding Lu Han and Sehun.

Jaera’s eyes widened at the sudden hostility but turned towards the camera anyway. As soon as the camera’s screen came into her sight, a look of disbelief washed over her face as she heaved a heavy sigh.

Why would they even bother including her in the picture? They could’ve just pretend like they were also taking her when in fact, they’re already cutting her out, which what they actually did. She should’ve expected it coming, though. They weren’t real friends to begin with anyway.

And even if she tried, it still wouldn’t work out between them.

Turning back towards the crowd, Jaera saw lights flashing one after another as the girls took turns in posing in between Lu Han and Sehun. Upon reaching Sehun’s gaze, the boy smirked at her smugly as if telling her ‘I told you so’. Jaera just rolled her eyes in annoyance before mouthing ‘I know’ back to him.

Moving her gaze, Jaera saw Lu Han eyeing her for help, but not without flashing a smile for the camera. Jaera just snorted in response as if happy by what was happening.

That’s what he gets for smiling with those girls in the picture.

Grabbing her bag from one of the lockers of the backstage room, Jaera scoffed at the scene playing in front of her before making way towards the door connecting to the school grounds. She was about to open the door slowly when a heavy weight suddenly descended on her, causing her whole face and body to slam the door open.

“Ouch! What the—“

“Okay, that’s enough for tonight! See you next time, girls!” Lu Han smiled, waving towards the girls in a hurry.

“Oppa, you’re leaving?!” The girls asked, giving him a look of disbelief.

“Yeah, too bad! Goodnight!” Lu Han yelled, doing a saluting gesture towards the group. He then turned to Sehun while giving him a hard look.

Understanding his signal, Sehun was about to follow him behind but got stopped by the girls who were holding him down forcefully. He has to admit, the girls are pretty strong and scary. “Hey! Don’t leave me here!”

Seeing as escaping from the girls is pretty impossible, Lu Han mouthed Sehun a ‘sorry’ before turning to his back and pulling Jaera with him. “Just call us when you get home, bye!”

“Oi hyung! Hyung!”

“What the hell was that about?” Jaera asked, chuckling inwardly at the sight of Lu Han panicking. “Why are you such in a hurry?”

“In case you didn’t know, we’re being chased by your so-called ‘friends’.” Lu Han spat out, still dragging Jaera to who knows where.

Jaera turned to her back and saw three of the girls are indeed chasing them from behind. “Oppa! Don’t leave us!”

“Oh, this proves that you really are Sehun’s cousin.” Jaera said, nodding in amusement.

“Stop marvelling and just look for a damn place where we could stay until we lose sight of them.” Lu Han hissed, annoyed at how Jaera can keep calm in a situation like this.

“What about your car?”

“It’s outside the school grounds, we have to lose them first!”

“Geez, somebody’s grumpy.” Jaera muttered under her breath but Lu Han heard it anyway. Jaera then pointed towards one of the buildings, particularly the Arts department. “There’s actually a room over there but—“

Before Jaera can even finish speaking, Lu Han immediately ran with all his might towards the empty room and entered, pulling the former inside with him before slamming the door shut.

“You—“ Jaera said, her eyes widening in shock but got interrupted by Lu Han’s hand on .

“Shut up…!” Lu Han whispered, sitting down on the floor cautiously but not without pulling Jaera with him.

“Oppa? Jaera? Where are you two?” One of the girls called, walking down the empty and dark hallway.

“Are you sure you saw them going here?” The second girl asked, annoyance resonating from her voice. “Maybe you’re just imagining things.”

“No, I’m sure of it… I think.”

“Ugh, you’re crazy.” The third girl commented, the sounds of their footsteps slowly getting weaker.

“Hey, wait for me!”

As soon as the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter