Week 1 - Day 2

Hello Baby Season 8 - EXO

LIVE:

Narrorator: Welcome to day two of week one of Hello Baby Season 8 with boy-band EXO! Today we will join the twelve handsome young men as the stars of Hello Baby are revealed to them. BUT! They must go through a chain of activities in order get to their babies. Who will finish first? Well, Stay tuned!

The boys exit their black van that has stopped in front of what looks like a regular tutoring center. 'why are we here?' and 'what does it have to do with us and Hello Baby?' are questions that run through twelve very confused minds. Park Soohyun, their manager hyung, steps out in front of the group. "Good morning boys! Welcome to...here!" He says as he shows them around. "Why are we here, hyung?" asked Sehun. "To find your babies of course!"

The members exchanged nervous yet quite curious looks. "Psh, hide and seek! This is going to be a piece of cake!" assumed the dancer of K. Chanyeol thumped Kai at the back of his head for his foolish assumption, "Yah, shut up! How are you assuming that it's hide and seek?" After a couple of laughs and Kai rubbing his head in pain, their manager began to explain the activity of the day.

"Alright! So the twelve of you are going to be divided into four groups of three, which has already been chosen out by your coordinator-noonas. The four respective groups will have to go through a obstacle course throughout the building. And the end of the entire course there will very small pieces of paper scattered on the room floor, which ever one is picked up... will have the destination of the baby. Not their name, just where they are. Whoever reaches any one of the babies, will be in charge to take care of him or her. Understood?"  A few shook their head in confusion, while the rest nodded in understanding. The PD explained the task once again, short and sweet.

"The first obstacle is a memory game! You will race up to room #32 on the sixteenth floor to find four sets of one hundered and four (basically two sets of standard playing cards) cards on the floor. These panels will be set up as 8 rows of 26 cards each. In turn each player chooses two cards and turns them face up. If they are of the same rank and/or color, that team gets one point. This patten will go on in every team until one finishes. To get validated into the next round, you have to show all your matching pairs to one of the staff members.

The second obstacle is an endurance activity, which will be set up outside in the field across the street. In the field there will be a children's playset.." Moans and groans came out of the mouths of the physically inactive members~ "...with slides, ladders, rope bridges, and more. But to add to it, the staff and I has added a zipline, and a rock-climbing wall!" He says as he enthusiastically claps, "ah yes!! Of course, staff members will be watching you to make sure you do not skip or avoid anything in order to accept you into the last and probably the most challenging round.

It may not seem like much as I say, but you shall see once you get there. This last round is what we call the 'Parent Stimulating Room', or the 'PSR'. In the PSR you will recieve a baby doll that has been made specifically for parents-to-be. It has the feelings and needs of an actual infant. Although the babies you will take care of in this show are not new borns, this activity will still challenge you and show us that you are infact ready to take care of a young human being. Easier said than done, I tell ya~. Now.. do you all understand?"

"Affirmative, sir!" Jongdae yelled out as he stood up in a straight position with his hand to his forehead as a salute to his 'general'. Picking up on the joke, manager hyung replied with, "Aye aye soldier! At ease!" Laughs filled the room as D.O patted the joker on his back. "The four groups are as follows; group one: Suho, Chanyeol and Sehun. Group two: Kai, D.O and Baekhyun. Group three; Kris, Lay and Luhan. And group four: Xiumin, Chen and Tao. I suggest you all team up now before time starts..." EXO quickly divided up into the four teams.

"You have exactly one hour to complete everything, if it takes you more than one hour.. your team and your baby will recieve a disadvantage later on.. starting..." The boys got into their starting positions, waiting for the mark. "NOW!" As soon as the manager hit start on the timer the boys jetted towards the stairs, while some went towards the elevator knowing that they might get there faster because half of the guys taking the stairs are going to be out of breath even before the fifth floor.

The first team to reach room #32 on the sixteenth floor was group 3; Kris, Lay and Luhan. As they arrived, a staff member politely led them to the room where the memory game was set out. Immediately they say down and began to play. As time passed, the other groups piled into the room. Although group 3 came first and was almost finished, group 1 (Suho, Chanyeol, and Sehun) who came in third, was quickly gaining up. Alas, group 3 was the first to finish. They ran to the staff that was in the room with them and handed one of the standby cameramen their matching pairs. Fifty-two perfect pairs in secenteen minutes. With fourty minutes left on the clock, Kris, Lay, and Luhan proceeded to round two in the field. First, they went throuh a children's playset; a few stairs, a rope-bridge, slide, more stairs and then a firemans stripper pole. All of this was fairly diffucult for Kris because of his enormous height, he barely fit into the slide!

Secondly was the zipline and rock-climbing. After all three easily ziplined to the other side of the field, they were faced infront of a wall with cup-like, colorful shapes that was sticking out of it. "Group 3!" The boys look around, shocked, to find a staff member who EXO knew as Emily, holding up a megaphone to . "Confratulations on being the first to come to the end of round 2. As you can see, group #1 and 2 are catching up.. whereas group 4 is not even here yet. Anyway, once each group reaches the wall, they have the advantage of choosing one member from their team. So group 3, who will you choose? You have sicty seconds to decide.

"I love on Luhan to go up... I mean, I love you Xing-Xing but y'know, with the soccer playing and such. He just seems more fit for it." Said Kris, whom the other two assumed as their group leader. "H-h-hey! Why m-" Luhan complained as lay cutt off his sentence, "yeah, I totally angree with you Duizhang." Luhan slumped as a few staff workers put a harness on him to ensure his sadety on his way up. As the twenty-two year old ascended up the wall, his two team members cheered him on. "Jaiyou Luhan!" and "Hwaiting Xiao Lu!~" After much struggle and hardship, Luhan made it to the top and hit the buzzer making it clear that he has accomplished the task. He then let go of his grip on the wall and with the help of the staff worker, he easily slid down to the ground.

"Chukkahamnida group 3!" Emily said through her megaphone. Kris, Luhan and Lay applauded themselves as they clap in happiness. Once determination has reached over their minds again, the mighty three raced to the main building in hopes of finding the PSR easily. Luckily, their manager hyung was actually waiting for them at the entrance fo the building. "Hello boys! Congrats on making it this far and welcome to the third and final round." He said to them. "Hyung, are you trying to distract us? Because we're being distracted and low on time..." Said a rather uncomfortable Lay. Luhan pat his friends' back in comfort.

"You didn't even let me finish.." Soohyun glared at Lay and then looked over towards the other two, Kris and Luhan. "The Parent-Stimulating-Room, I already introduced it to you in the beginning. Here, I'm going to explain it to you. There's going to be three stations in ROOM #5. In the first station you have to feed the doll, which includes burping. Second, change the diaper. And third, is to make the doll laugh. If it cries more than two times your punishment is to wait until the other three groups finish for you begin this round again. I told you, 'easier said than done.' So don't keep you hopes up too high thinking it will be easy. This is the beginning of the end...


PART 2 -

As soon as the PD finished explaining Kris, Lay, and Luhan jetted towards room #5 which was just down the hall on the main floor. Once they arrived, they were overwhelmed with the audio of crying and laughing and whining babies. Which in reality was not even there, so the boys were just a tad bit calmed. They entered the room and saw a fairly clean baby nursery room. With white walls splashed with yellow, pink, and blue colors. Yellow stars, pink swirls, and blue stripes."Pretty uni," Luhan shared his thought and expressed a quite accepted face to his fellow teammates. Kris spotted and pointed to a part of the room where there were four stimulation baby dolls sitting against the wall, and set in front of each baby was a bib, a bottle of milk, baby food and a list of instructions. Without anymore delay, they went and kneeled down infront of the baby. Luhan and Lay familiarizing themselves with it, and Kris reading the instructions aloud, "'Instructions: please accpmplish this section in the following order: put on bib, feed baby the mash, then milk, and finally burp the baby. Good luck in Section I!'... boys, I guess we have a lot to do. Let's get going!" Kris commanded to his friends.

"Duizhang, you do the honors!" Lay said as he handed the tallest of the three the baby and its bib. Hesitantly, Kris took the doll ever so lightly and gently wrapped the bib around, fastening it behind its neck. Luhan then handed the baby food to Kris, who was glaring him down making it obvious that he was not exactly the motherly and nuturing type. Kris took the little jar from Luhan along with a spoon afterall. He sat crisscross on the floor and re-adjusted the baby so that it was laying horizontally on his lap, with its head head leaning against Kris' left arm. With his right, Kris took a small spoonful of the mash and slowly edged it into the dolls mouth then wiped off the excess, "There we go big fella! You're doing good~" Although he knew that the doll couldn't exactly hear and respond, he knew that reasuring it was the right thing to do to show the panel that he was ready. He waited until the baby "swallowed" to go on to the next spoon. Alas, the jar was finished! Kris then handed over the doll to Luhan, whom he resented just bit at the moment. "According the instructions, the next thing to do, is give it its milk." Kris shrugged, "How hard could that be?" He handed Luhan the bottle who shrugged as well, "I don't know, I guess we'll find out right now." Luhan took the bottle and poured a few drops onto the back of his wrist to make sure it wasn't too hot nor too cold. Lay was impressed, "Where'd you get that from smartstuff?" "I always saw my cousin to that to his baby, his job was to feed my nephew" Luhan said as he tipped over the bottle to rid of the air bottle that would go into the babys lungs. Kris and Lay exchanged looks of impressiveness then gave their teammate a hand of applause. The young deer slowly put the of the bottle into the babys mouth and tipped it for easier acess of milk for the baby. It began ling onto it, once in a while Luhan would take the bottle out to allow the baby to breathe, and then put it back in. Eventually the milk has disappeared from the bottle and its baby began to clench its eyes shut and almost cried. Before it did, Lay took it and leaned the doll against his right shoulder and began to lightly pat its back in order to push the air bubbles in its system up and out. After a good seven to eight minutes of patting the baby's back, it finally burped. Sighs of relief escaped the mouths of the only three in the nursery.

As the group moved on to Section II they began to sense a foul odor coming from somewhere within them. "Jeez Kris! What did you eat for breakfast?" A slik Luhan, who was holding the doll, stated, "Yeah Xiao Lu, I bet whatever he ate didn't digest well." Lay snorted and clapped as laughed hard. "Har har, very funny. But I think it's the doll, check it's diaper.. I think it did a potty." Kris suggested. Luhan slightly opened the back of the doll's diaper and sure enough, its was stained brown and smelled as if an elephant pooed out some undigested asparagus. "Aw man! Eugh! And just in time for the diaper changing part.. you go baby!" A disgusted Luhan said as he snapped his fingers in sarcasm. "Okay, okay, just set him down on the diaper changing table.. or station thing.." Yixing commanded, slightly confused at what the actual name for the structure actually was. Luhan gently layed the doll down on the flat surface and stepped back. "So.. who's doing it..?" He asked. "Not me!" "Not me!!" Luhan and Kris quickly yelled out. In situations like this, that was how they decided things if they were under a short amount of time or in a rush. Lay stomped his foot and began to open the sides of the diaper. "I hate you guys for making me do th--" "HELLO BOYS!!" Tao said as he cutt a complaining Yixing off with an evil smirk.

"YAH! HOW'D YOU GUYS GET HERE SO FAST?! Last I heard, you were even behind group one and two!!" Luhan yelled out. "It helps to be in a group where everyone is fit~" Xiumin said as winked and flexed his muscles simultaneously with his other two group members; Chen and Tao. Group four began the first section and group three went back to their task to changing diapers. Lay took off the diaper off, scrunched up his face in disgust, and tossed it in the bin that was on the side of the changing station. Kris and Luhan fanned the air in front of them to get rid of the foul smell. Lay took a baby wiped and cleaned the dolls dirty bottom and tossed that into the bin as well. He then took out a clean diaper, open it, lifted the doll by its crossed legs, slipped the diaper under it, lifted the bottom half of it over the baby's lower body, opened up the sticky flaps at the sides, and stuck them to the diaper. He clapped to himself once finished and the high-fived his team. Kris and Luhan wiped their foreheads of sweat, without realizing Kris very intimately wiped Lay's forhead too, "You did a good job Xing-Xing...", he complimented his younger. Lay replied with a soft and sincere smile and stuck to his olders eyes. It seemed that the two were in a world of their own. Luhan cleared his throat very awkwardly and snapped Kris and Lay back into reality.

While walking to Section III, group two which consisted of Kai, D.O and Baekhyun, walked in. Group three broke out in a cold sweat. Although Lay was very motherly, D.O was the mother of all of EXO. Now was the moment where they actually thought they had competition. Lay, who was holding the baby, set it down in the play area where the three sat down. Kris and Luhan had brung toys to the spot where they were sitting. Lay took the few finger puppets and began moving them around as he spoke in several different voices to add personality to each of the puppets. The doll was not amused. In another attempt, Luhan stretched his own face in unnatural ways to try to make the baby laugh, if not just smile. "Wait..." Kris suddenly said. The other two looked at him. "I saw this on t.v plenty of times," Kris smirked evily and pushed down Luhan who was sitting and looking at him completely dumbfounded. He grunted in pain from the sudden action, although Kris didn't even push him that hard to cause actual pain. "Hey!!" Luhan jumped up to his feet and thumped Kris' forehead fairly hard which made him wince in actual pain and whimper. "YO!" Kris yelled and the two began to quarrel with one another and eventually heard the doll laugh. Not sure how that exactly happened because it can't actually see but it happened. Which means they passed the test and accomplished their task! Group 1, Suho, Chanyeol, and Sehun just entered, but group 2 (Kai, D.O, and Baekhyun) was already moving on to the play area, whereas group 4 (Xiumin, Chen and Tao) was in the middle of section II.

Kris, Lay, and Luhan walked up to their two coordinator noonas for the golden ticcket that will tell them where their baby is. The two older women was joined by Park Soohyun who spoke to each other privately for a little while. "So what do you ladies think. Do they get to finally meet their baby?" One noona nodded her head in acceptance while the other elaborated on their decision. "Well they did coomplete all the challanges thoroughly and fairly. They also divided each task within each challange amongst themselves pretty equally." Soohyun smiles and nodded towards the two, "then I guess it's a green light for group 3!"

The production manager happily approached three very anxious, very nervous boys. Who immediately wiped their sweaty palms against their thighs upon seeing him. "Did we pass hyung? Dod we foma;;y finish hyun? Do we finally get to see our baby hyung??? huh, huh, huh?!?" "Chillax Yixing. You're about to pass out from hyperventilation, Calm down~' Kris said as he and Luhan patted Lay on his back. Soohyun slightly frowned but grinned just as quick, "You guys made it! You passed all the rounds fair and square." Kris and lay exploded in cheer and the shorter tippy-toed to peck the tallers cheek. Madly blushing, Kris took Lay into his arms and held him tight. All while Luhan stood there with his mouth and eyes wide ioen. "Aren't you two over-exaggerating a bit too much?" The three snapped back to reality once their manager asked that wuestion, which sounded more like a statement, if not anything else. "Oh... Sorry hyung. Can see our baby now?" Asked Luhan who was very nervous but also very tired. Tired of stalling. He was physically draied of enery, wanted to mee his baby, conversate with him or her for a whoile, and then get over with the day. "Yeah hyung, we're getting sort of restless here..." agreed Kris.

"Okay, okay. Follow Emily, she will lead you to where you'll meet you baby." As soon as he commanded, Emily somehow just appeared in front of them. "Com'on boys~ Your managaer had a lot to do, so I guess I'll be fillin' in for him as of now," Emily walked out the building and the boys followed in her footsteps.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

They walked for a very long time untl they reached a very familiar building; SM headquarters. "Noona, why are we here?" Lay had asked the quesiton that has been constantly running through the entire group's minds. "You'll see, just keep following me."

Everyone went through the back, down the stairs, to the basement only to stand in front of another very familiar place; Room #B6, also as EXO's vocal practice room. "Baby's in here. Practicing. Go on in~" Emily said as she motioned group 3 to go in. Kris, Lay, and Luhan all took a deep breath and exhaled quickly. They exchanged looks, "I have a feeling of who it is..." Luhan said. "Me too," Kris agreed. "Me three!," Lay jumped in, "...mmm... not really. Honestly, I kind of forgot about most of the babies that auditioned." Kris and Luhan looked at each other and chuckled in order to break the awkward silence that was between the three momentarily. Kris slowly turned the knob of the door and peeked inside. Sure enough, he saw whom he expected. Kim Hyojin, age 5, auditioned by singing 'Baby Don't Cry'. Kris entered slowly, followed by Luhan and Lay who walked in as quietly as possible. Careful not to disturb Hyojin, who's face was away from the boys, thus she did not even know they are in the same room as her. The three stood in complete awe as Hyojin finished up the song, "nae sarangi neol jikil teni"

Without realizing, the boys naturally clapped for Hyojin which shocked her quite a bit. She quickly turned around and stood still in surprise. Kris quickly noticed the tense atmosphere and stepped towards the young girl and crouched down to be at her eye-level. "Annyeong Hyojin-ah..." Lros greeted her with a loving smile and sparkling eyes. It took a while for her to respond, but she did, "Annyeonghaseyo~" She said with a slight bow of her head. At this time, the other two were already at Kris' side. Luhan to his left and Lay to his right. "I'm Kris, this is Luhan, and this is Lay. We're going to be your new daddies.." Kris smiled once again, but little Hyojin didn't know what to do. Under the stress and pressure of lights, cameras and so many people, she looked like she was about to break down and cry. She was very intelligent; instead of crying and embarassing herself, she tightly hugged Kris. Burriying her face into his broad shoulder. "Oh! Aigoo.." He gently patted her back and pulled her to look her in the eye and pinch her cheek.

"Annyeong Hyojin~ I'm Luhan.." Luhan smiled wide and ruffled the little one's hair. She smiled back as well. "And I'm Lay. I'm sooo happy to finally meet you. Are you happy to meet us too?" Lay said back, waving to her. Hyojin nodded and began to ease up by smiling to him.

"Now that you have met your baby.. why don't you guys sit over there by the piano and get to know each other while the other groups pile in with their babies?" said a man of the staff. The group of four moved over to where the piano was. Almost instinctively, Lay sat on the piano bench, Luhan on the floor---criss-crossed with Hyojin on his lap---, and Kris squatted down next to them. Lay began to play a tune on the paino and Kris sang as he played with Hyojin's hands. Eventually, Luhan jumped in on the singing, rocking himself and Hyojin from side to side.

With time, the other groups came in with their babies. Group 2 -- Kai, D.O. and Baekhyun with Jung Shi-Eun bright and happily holding on to Kai's hand. Group 4 -- Xiumin, Chen and Tao with Lee Hyunae who walked in just as bright as Shi-Eun with a ruffley pink dress. And finally Group 1 -- Suho, Sehun and Chanyeol with Oh Dongmin who of course stole the spotlight being the only boy baby. He walked in confident with a pair of sunglasses and little fedora on his head.


Narrorator: There was day 2 of Hello Baby with EXO! The twelve not-so-mysterious boys have finally met their beauties. Ehem.. with the exception of adorable Oh Dongmin. The rest of the night was given to EXO and their babies in order to familiarize with each other. But don't forget to come back next week for Episode 3, don't miss it!


Chapter 2, FINALLY DONE. Oh my god, I thought this was never going to end. I really wanted to put in individual scenarios of how the other three groups got to meet their babies, but that would be waaay too long and to be honest, I was getting really restless about this chapter. In case you guys haven't noticed (lolol), I'm Kris/Kray biased so please don't shoot me if there are too many scenes with them. I don't like being unfair with the boys, so I really do try to include everyone else in the picture. Please let me know what you thought about it. I really need some constructive cristicism from my readers in order to write better~

Alas, summer vacation is here and besides my AP English assignment, I have nothing to do. So I'm really going to be on top of this story. I'm going to try really hard to upload one chapter at least once a week to make it seem like an actual "show." So I guess, starting from today an "episode" will be uploaded every Saturday. Thanks for reading!^^

~XOXO~