The Not-so-Layzy Day

The Going Home Club

A few weeks have passed since Sehun had joined “The Going home Club.” A club that claimed to do nothing. Well, nothing productive anyway. But no club could’ve been more. .er,  hyper than this, to Sehun’s dismay. However, Sehun was actually starting to get used to the crazy antics that ensued within the club walls. On his first day, he managed to create an arch-nemesis, a 3rd year accounting student. Who was apparently so displeased by Sehun’s existence that he considered him as an invisible entity. Not that he minds being an invisible entity, but one time, Sehun was standing with his back pressed in to the sink’s counter, just chilling around eating an apple when Luhan splashed him with the cold as hell iced-tea he was drinking.

 

“Oops, I thought I was dropping it in the sink, I didn’t notice you.” Luhan replied in mock innocence, smiling sweetly at Sehun, but Sehun could just feeeeeel the devil’s glint in his eyes. 

 

“Oh, I get it, of course. It’s an easy mistake, not seeing a 5 foot 9 grown male right in front of you.” Sehun said, tone dripping with sarcasm. At the same time he made sure to look down at Luhan, to make the other was fully aware of their height difference.

 

Luhan was about to say something but then Baekhyun sniggered in the background. “Haha. .come on Luhan, we all know that you just want to get Sehun’s shirt wet.” He suggestively said, raising a perfectly groomed eyebrow.

 

Luhan threw him a glare that could kill.

 

Now that’s what Sehun doesn’t get, ever since they were locked in the broom closet a week ago, they started quipping suggestive jokes about Luhan and him. Like they actually liked each other! And they certainly did not! Usually, Sehun’s feelings about people are in the middle-ground, he didn’t love them, but he didn’t hate them either, but Luhan was leaning towards his ‘hate’ feeling bracket. And he was sure Luhan definitely hated his guts.

 

At first the jokes were mostly by Chen and Kai. But then slowly, Baekhyun started joking about them too, followed by an uncertain Chanyeol. Suho, most of the times had the decency to try and not to join in, but snapped when accidentally Luhan and Sehun drank from the same drinking glass. Which later on, Chen labeled as the ‘Love jug’, and decorated it with red and pink heart-shapes, using the sharpie set Yixing gave him in case he would’ve liked to vandal in his face in color.

 

Even Tao couldn't help but snicker whenever Chen and Kai would make a specifically funny joke.

 

Kris, one time, when he was just coming inside the club room and Luhan accidentally bumped into him, he chuckled and raised his hands.

“Woa Luhan, I’m pretty sure that I’m not Sehun”

 

Xiumin was still trying to resist, probably because he was Luhan’s best friend. But he was slooowly cracking. Especially when Luhan was eating this hotdog. .and yeah.. the jokes you could come up with with that visual were endless.

 

The only person who didn’t make fun of them was Yixing. Which kind of didn’t matter since Yixing’s almost always not with them in spirit.

 

Until now Sehun doesn’t know the reason why the others would even think that Sehun and Luhan had a thing going on. If they had a ‘thing’ it would be the ‘ignore the living hell out of each other yet still make the other miserable thing’.

 

But honestly, Sehun was getting tired of it. .fast. Cuz yeah, he’d rather come into the clubroom without the feeling of murder from Luhan just around the corner.

 

He really didn’t want to go to another meeting, frankly because of Luhan, and today was such a hot, and crappily tiring day, but he had to since it was dismissal time already. *sigh* He freakin had to. He could try and imitate Luhan’s tactic and hide in a broom closet, but being in one once is more than enough.

 

Sehun opened his locker to put his things.

 

His vision was met with bright solid red.

 

You, me, the old empty classroom by the library. 5’oclock. The note was red and plastered behind the locker’s door.

 

Yes. .PLASTERED. .that was going to be a friggin to get out. Sehun tried to peel of the note, but failed.

 

He could’ve used, tape, glue, or even just plain sticky rice.  But noooooo. ..he just HAD to use plaster.

 

Or better yet, he could’ve not stuck it on, like throw the note inside or something. Sehun wasn’t blind or anything. He could read notes even if they weren’t plastered on a huge part of his locker.

you Luhan. .

 

“Hey what’s that?” A drawn out voice says.

 

He immediately turns around. He expected Chen, or Kai, or some other brown-nosing club member. But it was. .Yixing.

 

Looking as sleepy as ever with his ever present bed-hair and earmuffs slung on his neck.

 

Sehun immediately slams his locker door in a fidgety manner. Uh. .smooth Sehun, smooth.

 

Yixing his head to the side then yawns. “That was definitely something”

 

Woa. .so that’s what he sounds like. Yixing is actually. .talking. Sehun was partly in awe, partly nervous.

 

Up close Yixing actually looked kind of handsome. He had a sharp nose and and manly features, too bad they were hidden behind mangas and vandals all the time. But Sehun had to shake off his slight jealousy of Yixing’s face and go back to being nervous.

 

“Heh. .what are you talking about.?” Sehun denied, putting his back firmly against his closed locker in a subconscious protective position.

 

“The red note, . .you know the one glued on to the back of your locker door.” He says, looking at Sehun with sleepy half-lidded eyes, blinking slowly.

 

“It’s actually ing plastered.” Sehun angrily mumbles.

 

Oh . .

 

Yixing slowly raises an eyebrow, honestly Sehun feels like watching Yixing is like watching a slow-mo movie.

 

“What?”

 

“Hahah. .nothing, sh-shouldn’t you be sleeping?” Sehun tries to change the subject casually, but ultimately fails.

 

“Yes.” Yixing simply says.

 

“Uh. .then why don’t you then?” Sehun asks hopefully.

 

Yixing looks at him like he had told him a great idea. “You know what, I will. .thanks Sehun.” He says, slowly walking away, probably to find his perfect napping place and Sehun can’t belieeeve that that just worked.

 

That was so easy.

 

Right before Yixing puts his earmuffs on, he turns to Sehun.

 

He chuckles a bit. “By the way Sehun, have fun being alone with Luhan at five. Oh, and that plaster’s gonna be a to get out.” he says with a wink.

 

Sehun just gapes at his retreating back. Making a mental note to not underestimate Zhang Yixing.

 

 

~0~

 

It was about 4:00 in the afternoon, but it was still hot. That fact coupled with the barrage of lessons, lectures and homework being thrown onto them was probably the reason why The Going Home Club’s usually noisy interiors were silent and drawling. Everyone was doing either nothing, or something that utilized almost no physical effort.

 

Kai called it “The Yixing epidemic.”

 

Baekhyun, Kris, Kai and Tao were sitting on the kitchen table, Kris was sure to sit on the farthest seat from Tao, while the rest were sprawled out in the living room area.

 

Baekhyun was dousing his face in ice cubes, saying that it was good against the heat and good for his pores.

 

“You see, putting ice cubes minimizes your pores naturally. .” he instructs Kris, demonstrating by submerging his hand in the bowl of ice, then rubbing the chosen ice-cube on his face.

 

Kris was nodding intently. “Right. .good for the pores.” He echoes. “I’ll be sure to do that one before my next date.”

 

While instructing Kris, Baekhyun had this proud glint in his eyes, probably because he thinks that finally someone has appreciated his fabulous ways.

 

He felt something collide with the side of his head. Kai apparently threw a paper airplane at him.

 

“Uh. .stop talking. Listening to you makes me feel tired.” Kai, who’s head and forearms were resting on the cool glass surface of the table, said, peering out from his forearms.

 

“No.” Baekhyun retaliates, looking at Kai like he's a mere speck on the floor, making Kai scowl.

 

“Uh. .who cares about ing ice cubes and ing pores?” Kai sluggishly reaches out his hand to his left. “Tao. .make me another one.”

 

Tao obediently started folding one out of paper napkins.

 

“Even you can’t pores and ice cubes Kai.” Kris says, following Baekhyun’s example, flinching at the sudden coldness on his skin, but ultimately chuckles. “haha. .get it?”

 

Kai furrows his brows. “Your humor .”

 

“But you more, literally.” Baekhyun quips, smiling at Kai with mock sweetness, immediately annoying Kai.

 

Kai rolled his eyes. “Tao, hurry up with those damn airplanes.”

 

 

Xiumin was lying on the carpeted floor, his head rested in his backpack, on the brink of closing his eyes, unfortunately, he wasn’t able to lie on the couch because Chen already got it. Chen was already snoring face down into the couch. Suho, draped across an armchair, was sleepily fanning himself with his dollar bills instead of regular paper for the plain reason that he likes the smell of them. Chanyeol was apparently the only one who was unaffected by the heat and the tiring lessons.

 

He kept nudging Suho and Xiumin, who weren’t completely knocked out unlike Chen.

 

“Hey! Come on, let’s play a game or something.” He said to Suho, but he just grunted in rejection, continuing to fan himself and sniffing the money at the same time.

 

Chanyeol frowned and proceeded to another one.

 

“Hey Xiumin” He poked Xiumin in the cheeks. “Karaoke?”

 

Xiumin, who was right about to finally fall asleep whined in agitation. He opened his eyes and briefly looked at the still-hyper Chanyeol.

 

“Why aren’t you tired yet? I heard that the physics majors had like 7 quizzes today.” Xiumin mumbled, turning so that his back was facing Chanyeol.

 

“That’s because he’s a freakishly smart bastard.” Baekhyun points out from the kitchen.

 

Chanyeol wasn’t sure if that was a compliment or not, but he kind of felt happy the way Baekhyun said it. But still, he stood up and walked towards his bag, his steps heavy and trudging like a temperamental child. He grabs his bag and sits down on the floor, opening a book.

 

Suho pauses from his cash fanning to spare a look at Chanyeol.

 

“That bored huh?”

 

“Yeah.” Chanyeol grudgingly replies.

 

“Nerd!” Kai calls out.

 

 

After a few minutes, Yixing comes inside the club room, brows slightly furrowed by the strange peace he’s met with. He’s usually used to hurricane-level noise.

 

He took off his earmuffs to check, still silence.

 

Yixing showed them an inquiring ‘what happened?’ face.

 

“You happened.” Kai replied, who had enough of Baekhyun and Kris’ ice-lathering show and decided to go to the living room instead, sitting on the free armchair.

 

“huh?”

 

“It’s the Yixing epidemic.” Chanyeol points out glaring at Yixing, as if it’s really Yixing’s fault. Yixing chuckles and shrugs. He instinctively heads over to his couch, seeing a knocked out Chen. The members thought that Yixing would immediately wake Chen up because no one, they repeat, NO ONE deprives Yixing of sleep.

 

But instead, Yixing flashes them this rare, unsleepy look and smirks. He drops his bag and fishes out a marker. He looks disbelievingly at the marker and back at the oblivious form of the sleeping Chen. Oh how he has waited for this glorious moment.

 

Kai immediately catches on.

 

“Go Yixing.” He said looking a bit proud of Yixing. “You deserve it.”

 

Yixing nods, happiness coursing through him.

 

Chanyeol immediately drops his book at the sight of something interesting going on, and moves towards them.

 

Yixing drops to his knees and hovers the marker’s tip above Chen’s face. Should he? Or should he not? Biting his lip and furrowing his brows, he mans up and presses it ever so gently on the tip of Chen’s nose, leaving a thick black dot in it’s wake. He can’t help but suppress the joy he’s feeling right now. He’s studying civil engineering and he knows that dots are the simplest elements in geometry, but that dot. .the dot he just made, the dot majestically positioned right in the middle of the planes of Chen’s face was the exemplification of something so much more.

 

Sweet, sweet revenge.

 

Yixing wanted to do those maniacal laughs the cliché villains do in those cliche movies, but he’s kind of bad at impersonations.

 

Chanyeol claps his shoulder and smiles at him. “Good job Yixing, good job.”

 

“Feels good doesn’t it?” Kai says, almost evilly.

 

Yixing nodded. “Felt better than drawing my first house actually.”

 

Yixing caps the marker.

 

“Woa woa woa! Really? That’s all you’re going to put?”

 

Yixing looks at the single dot.

 

“Yep." Yixing says, looking quite proud. "I’m pretty much contented.”

 

 

“No no no no.” Kai says, getting a marker of his own. “Let’s give him something more. .er. noticeable.”

 

Kai draws something that immediately makes Chanyeol belt out a low and barking laugh, annoying the still-tired Suho and Xiumin.

 

Xiumin, who finally managed to sleep woke up, he rolls on to his stomach.

 

“Uh I’m hungry.” He mumbles, slurred words rolling off his tongue.

 

“Well, So is most of the world.” Kai deadpanned.

 

“I’m Hungryyyy.” He says, his voice louder.

 

“Oh great Chanyeol, you just woke up Brat de Baozi!” Kai rolled his eyes.

 

“Ughhh. .I’m hungryyyyy!” he bellows. “I hate being hungryyyy!”

 

He kept pounding his fists lightly on the floor, making resounding muffled thumps audible throughout the clubroom for a few minutes.

 

“Nobody really cares!” Kris calls out from the Kitchen. “Oh and congrats Yixing!”

 

Yixing smiles just as he’s just about to finish rolling out the sleeping bag he had in his bag, allowing Chen to sleep in the couch. Yes, apparently he carries around a friggin' sleeping bag in school. Talk about prepared.

 

Xiumin halts, but resumes his fist pounding after a few minutes.

 

“Still Hungryyy!”

 

“Then ing cook something.” Kai retorts, his tone getting annoyed.

 

“But I’m no goooood.” Xiumin whines.

 

They all roll his eyes, Xiumin can get a bit. .’difficult’ when he’s food deprived. And by ‘difficult’ we mean a spoiled rich kid.

 

“You cook something.” Xiumin commands like a child.

 

“Hell no, that’s not my job.”

 

Xiumin frowns. “Your right. It was Kyungsoo’s job.” Shooting Kai an accusatory look.

 

This silences Kai. He really doesn’t know what to say. Kyungsoo’s name was kind of. .Taboo for Kai. The members who are still awake looks at Xiumin, then Kai, then Xiumin,. .Oh the tension. Even Yixing, who had supposedly already fallen asleep cracked an eye open.

 

Xiumin manages to snap back from his bratty self. His eyes widened. “Oh gosh, er. I’m sorry.”
 

“Yeah, you’re right. .it was his job.” Kai says sadly, looking anywhere but the eyes of the other members.

 

“I just. .wish that he’d come in from the door and cook for us like he always did.” Xiumin timidly added.

 

The door suddenly opened with a loud bang, and quite conveniently, a wide-eyed, Kyungsoo entered, clad in a sleek black suit, which is his student council uniform. A shiny golden pin bearing the engraved letters: D.O (Director of Operations) was placed perfectly on his chest pocket. He was panting, and his hair was uncharacteristically disheveled and windswept, it was clear that he just came from a sprint.

 

“Woa.” Chanyeol gasped. “I wish that I had a million dollars and a red Porsche” He added, trying out his luck and holding out his arms and looking at the ceiling, like expecting for it to rain money any second.

 

Everyone was shocked at Kyungsoo’s sudden arrival, but probably the most shocked was Kai.

 

Kyungsoo in a breath, but before he was going to say something, his and Kai’s eyes met, it was like time stood still. Kai, totally unlike his usual cocky self, looked like he was a scolded kid, a scolded kid that wanted to so desperately defend himself but isn’t brave enough, because Kai had this look in his eyes that wanted to talk to Kyungsoo but couldn’t. Kyungsoo however, looked at Kai like he was the worst thing he has ever laid his eyes upon.

 

The members looked at Kai, then at Kyungsoo, then back at Kai. .oh. .so much tension in one day.

 

Kyungsoo, who was the first to break the eye-lock immediately turned towards Suho. His voice, serious, and a bit frantic.

 

“Suho. .it’s Luhan, and that new member you just got. They got in a fight.”

 

Suho immediately roused himself from his seat. “What?!”

 

“Yeah, they won’t stop, it’s. .pretty bad.”

 

“I didn’t know that it was that bad.” Suho mumbled worriedly.

 

“Lead the way.” Kris said, immediately dropping the ice cubes and heading towards the door, wiping his ice-wettened face in his shirt, and yet he still somehow looked good doing it, Tao noticed.

 

The members all worriedly followed Kyungsoo, some more worried than others, Yixing had this guilty feeling that he should’ve done something to prevent this, especially since he was the only one who knew about their meeting.

 

Well, everyone left but the still asleep Chen.

 

A few minutes later. Chen woke up, he blinked a few times. Wondering why the was he dreaming that he was alone in the clubroom. He blinked again, it was still empty. He fully opened his eyes. Still empty.

 

He immediately sat up. Oh. .he really is alone. And a creeping feeling came over him. What if it was like midnight or something already and the others were bastards enough not to wake him up? He immediately checked his watch. 5:15.

 

Huh?. .it was stilly early. He wiped his eyes, hoping to rub the tiredness off of them. He looked at his palm, there was a faint black smear on it.

 

Oh . .

 

He looked at his reflection in the glass.

There was this black dot in the middle of his nose. Someone drew a circle around both his eyes. His nose had this oblong shape drawn around it.

 

He squinted, wondering what the hell it was supposed to be. It was kind of like 2 circles with a sausage like shape in the mi--. He grimaced. UGHHHH! Freakin gross! Dude. .like what the hell??

 

There was a note on top of the table. He quickly grabbed it, his anger towards the still unknown perpetrator already growing.

 

In big Capital letters, the first line was: REVENGE IS SWEET, MY SWEET. Followed by the smaller written words.

 

The dot was by me, Yixing. Bwahahahaha! While the “rest” was by Kai.

Don’t worry, I used the quick erase sharpie. =)

 

There was a P.S, and it was longer than the actual note, not to mention that handwriting was significantly messier, almost to the point of illegibility, obviously by kai.

 

P.S. See what I did? I made you into squidward. .

ewww! you probably thought that it was something else didn’t you?

You dirty minded bastard. Hahahahha xD. Anyways, Yixing might’ve used the sharpie,

but I my friend, used a permanent marker. >:). Peace.

 

Chen mentally screamed.

 

He swears, he’s gonna kill, well not really kill, maybe just injure, well not really injure, just maybe mildly hurt Kai one day. 

 

~^*^~

Chapter fivveee! hahah, i had no trouble at all writing this chapter, words just kept flowing, and I barely thought the jokes through, so maybe they're a bit. .okay more than a bit lame, so sorry about that. xD. 

Anyways, angsty Kaisoo anyone? i also tried to get you guys a glimpse of Yixing's personality, since it'd be a waste if all he did in the story was sleeo. lol

anyways, please do tell me what you think and comment. =) they really keep me going and happy.

heres a lay GIF for ya guys, and Tao too. bwahahahahah these just cracked me up

Y U BOTH SO FABULOUS?? xD