Reaching Out

The Going Home Club

By the time everyone managed to make a decent sleeping space for themselves in the woods,

Sehun was having a fast growing problem.

He really really really had to pee.

He's been holding it for like 5 hours now.

"Sehun, . .you look like someones squeezing your balls." Chanyeol commented seeing Sehun holding his knees in a balled up position under a tree.

". . p-pee." Sehun answered, eyes wide and unblinking, trying to trick his mind into thinking that peeing is not a neccessary bodily function, that peeing is not important, that his bladder wasn't going blue from being held back so much.

Hearing this, Luhan immediately got a water bottle and swished it back and forth, the sloshing sound making every hair on Sehun's body tingle. He never wanted to kill somebody as much as he does now, and he really actually might have if he wasn't so damn grateful that Luhan saved his life. Damn. . he just realized that he OWES that douche now.

" . . you. . Luhan. ." Sehun shakily muttered, eyes getting wider and the urge to just keel over getting stronger. Honestly, Sehun's face was freaking Chanyeol out.

"Why the hell is that a problem?" Chanyeol said. "Just you know. .pee beside a tree, and I'm pretty sure Kai already peed on that tree your sitting under."

Sehun would've would've gotten the hell out of that tree if every movement didn't heighten his great need to relieve himself. . .damn you Kai.

"Oh god. .this is hilarious." Luhan kept laughing. "Don't tell me you haven't peed under trees before."

"People. . do that?" Sehun said in slight disgust.

"Yeah. .like,. .all the time." Chanyeol shrugged. "It's pretty normal."

Sehun grimaced. "It. . is?" .

Why the would they do that if there are toilets around?

"Ahh. .damn city boys." Luhan sighed. "You're the perfect example of people who probably just holes themselves inside staring at monitors all day with no sunlight penetrating their musky smelling game rooms."

Sehun was a bit shocked at how accurate Luhan was. .except that it wasn't just simply a game room it was his 'threshold of awesome'.

Realizing that Sehun was serious about not having tree-peeing experience, Chanyeol did a small demonstration.

"Yeah, like just pull down your pants, aim, wiggle a bit, and then you know . .shoot" 

He still didn't think that peeing outside of bathrooms should be normal but. .  his bladder was practically screaming for mercy.

Sehun braced himself and immediately stood up, hoping to some force out there that the sudden movement wouldn't put all his holding back into waste, and then sprang towards the deeper part of the forest.

"Hey!" Suho immediately called out. "Sehun where are you going?"

"PEE!" Sehun screamed, he couldn't afford subtly at the moment.

"Buddy system." He instructed.

" THE BUDDY SYSTEM!" Sehun exclaimed, almost on the verge of pulling out his hair. Can't they see that he really REALLY needs to go? 

"Sehun." Suho instructed firmly. 

"FINE!" Sehun yelled as he took the hand of whoever was nearest him, ran as fast as he could into the deeper part of the jungle. Chanyeol was grunting so much and was visibly trying to get away, but Sehun didn't care, all he wanted was relief, he could take Chanyeol's later.

When he thought that the location was right he pulled down his zipper, and just let it go. .cuz he couldn't hold it back anymore, he doesn't care what they're going to say, cuz . .the feeling of peeing never felt so good. At that moment, a cold breeze swept across his you know . .but. .he didn't care. Let the storm rage on.

The cold never bothered him anyway.

damn. . he never thought that he would be thinking about frozen while peeing, but. .the feeling was just that good.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh." Sehun gave a sound that was a mix of a dying animal and a woman giving birth. " . .this feels awesome. . Chanyeol peeing is the best gift that the world has ever bestowed upon us right?. .righ-- AHHHHHHH!" Sehun screamed as he looked at who he brought with him.

It was no Chanyeol, but Luhan, who had the most unreadable look in his face.

 


Luhan was suddenly yanked by Sehun so hard he felt his heart bounce into his sternum. No matter how loud he protested Sehun still ran deeper into the forest, not even caring that the Luhan was getting multiple scratches from the sharp leaves they were buzzing through. Why the do you have to travel this far just to frigging pee?? He was definitely gonna beat him up after this.

Sehun finally stopped and began to do his business, without even giving Luhan a warning. And Luhan might've wanted to purge his eyes of the sight he just saw. No, Luhan didn't see Sehun's junk, . .you erts . but what he saw was Sehun close his eyes while rolling back his head, his adam's apple prominent as he managed to make the most unexpected moan known to human kind.

". .this is awesome." Sehun whispered to himself, teeth slightly worrying his bottom lip, eyes still closed. 

Luhan just stared.

Gulp

. . . 

 

WHY THE DID THAT MAKE LUHAN GULP?

Luhan felt heat rise up his cheeks as his heartbeat became irregular.

THE MAN WAS JUST PEEING FOR PETE's SAKE!

"AHHH!" Sehun screamed when he caught sight of Luhan. "Luhaan????" he immediately zipped himself up.

Luhan was still staring at him. 

"L-Luhan?. ." Sehun waved his hand in front of the frozen male. Sehun  leant in closer to do so. Man,. .was Sehun this handsome?

What?? handsome????

What the hell is he thinking all so suddenly?

For some reason the clip of Sehun's closed eyes and tilted head kept replaying in his mind.

"F-. ." Luhan mumbled. "I think I need therapy."

"What?"

Luhan managed to snap to his senses. "I-I meant. . YOU!!" Luhan suddenly cursed. "How dare you drag me here??"

"Uh. . I thought you were Chanyeol." Sehun flinched, and did that lip biting thing again, which again, made Luhan remember that frigging scene, and again, making him flustered.

"Why are your ears so red?" Sehun asked like the dense person he is.

"I-it's because it's so ing cold." Luhan lied as he turned around to hide his increasingly reddening face.

"I'm sorry. . " Sehun mumbled, clearly feeling a bit guilty for dragging Luhan suddenly.

"Ah whatever." Luhan tried to casually wave off, purposedly not looking at Sehun's face. "Let's just go back." he said as he cocked his head, urging Sehun to lead the way back to camp.

At his words, Sehun's eyes grew wide. He looked around him and started getting this panicked look on his face.

.

Don't tell me.

"Aaaaaaand we're ing lost." he sighed. He should've known that whenever they're alone, something bad is bound to happen.

 


 

Baekhyun was getting a bit uncomfortable trying to ignore Kai's growingly dark aura. He really doesn't want to go all Xiumin and meddle with other's love affairs, but he just felt for Kai. Because he thougt that they were both similar, two men going for totally straight men that they're probably never going to end up with. Even though Kai still wont admit that the feelings he felt for the ex-student council member was definitely over the line of platonic. Though he guesses his situation was a bit better because at least Chanyeol liked him, unlike Kyungsoo who definitely hates Kai's guts  at the moment.

He finally broke when Kai refused a game of Greener winner, a game they made up wherein in order to win, you must make the most number of dirty jokes based off of a completey un- phrase. Kai loved and ruled that game (he was the greasy genius that managed to make 30 different jokes about the phrase 'Hey can please pluck that lone hair on your chin?"), and him refusing to play it was proof that his sadness was getting out of hand. Of course, Baekhyun wasn't the only one who noticed, the other members were also feeling for Kai, and were also increasingly getting affected by Kai's gloominess.

Baekhyun sat beside Kai, who has been sighing so much it's annoying.

"So, you still a chicken?" Baekhyun tried to be nice and subtle before, but clearly that got them nowhere. He expected Kai to like glare at him or at least whine pitifully but all he got was this empty stare that gave Baekhyun chills and would've the life out of anyone. His eyes were doopy and were blinking in slow motion due to lack of energy and his mouth had this eternal downward slant in them.

"Seriously Kai, you're like a black hole at the moment." Baekhyun grimaced. "You're depressing me."

Kai kept looking at him in that annoyingly defeated way, and Baekhyun was getting irritated, . .fast. It wasn't fun knowing that two of your club members can't even speak to each other. 

"Aiishh!" Baekhyun whined, then suddenly pointed at Kai's crotch."What does this mean?"

Kai's empty look was suddenly filled with confusion.

". . why are you pointing at my ?"

"I said, what does this mean?" Baekhyun repeated, still pointing at Kai's crotch.

"That.  uh. .. I have a ?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "No, it means that you're a man damn it. From what I heard from Yixing the secret to fixing ed up relationships is being a man and accepting the possibility of ing it up even more."

"You kinda lost me there."

Baekhyun sighed. "It means. ." he started, giving Kai a strong pat in the back to wake him up. "That you have to take a plunge, you know, take a risk. If the person you're trying to fix things with is pushing you away, then you pull, if he still pushes, you pull harder. All your pulling can lead to two things: Make him stop pushing, or make him punch you."

"Okay,. ." Kai replied, kind of getting it.

"What if the second thing happens?" Kai argued. "What if all the pulling leads to making him hate me even more?"he then took a brief glance at Kyungsoo who was just starting to go inside the forest to look for firewood,

"Well. ." Baekhyun shurgged. "if you do nothing in the fear of making things worse, then nothing's going to get better either."

A brief silence enveloped the two and Baekhyun could finally see some form of light go back in Kai's features, as if he was enlightened or something. Baekhyun smiled to himself, feeling pretty darn good about his little pep talk.

Ahh. .I 'm such a genius.

Kai suddenly gave Baekhyun a hug.

"Thanks man." 

He finally saw a genuine smile from Kai, which was absent for the past few days.

Kai pulled away from the hug, took a deep breath and started to stand up. He looked down at Baekhyun and smirked his signature smirk, making Baekhyun happy that he managed to make him do that again, 

"That was really good advice back there." Kai said, ruffing Baekhyun's hair. "I hope you'd use it with Chanyeol." 

That was what Kai said before disappearing into the woods to look for  Kyungsoo, leaving Baekhyun baffled and very flustered.

h-he knows?


 

Kyungsoo went ito the woods to look for firewood. Honestly, that wasn't his main reason, what he wanted to do was clear his ing head. He had another confrontation with Kai about an hour ago. Okay, it wasn't really a confrontation, since all that happened was Kai trying to talk to him while he, in turn, was trying hard to make him leave him alone.

He knew he was being a total , but he can't pretend anymore. He tried, he really did. He agreed to go back to the club, albeit with still unresolved issues. He acted like how he did with Kai during the first few days, all the while hurting inside because he knew that he was just lying to himself. But he couldn't do it, everytime he acts like its okay, it actually gets ing worse.

Everytime he just sees the dancer, he just gets so angry, filled with the emotions he once had when their past conflict reached its peak.

He stopped for a bit, dropped the firewood he managed to collect and slid down the trunk of te tree and sat down. When he thinks about it, he's shocked at how he feels about it, he shouldn't feel this bad. He should just it  up and forgive the man, but  he still can't. For some reason, him and Jongin's first meeting came into thought.

 

The very first time he laid eyes on Kim Jongin ("kai" as he would like to be called) he was already unimpressed. He wasn't really a judgmental person, but the sight of his tousled 'I don't give a hair' and his annoying 'I will seduce you with my ing seductiveness' smirk every plastered on his lips, he already wanted to assume that this Kim Jongin guy was a douchebag in highschool and will continue to be one up until college.

So he wondered why the principal called him right in the middle of a frigging awesome lecture just to put him in the same room with the guy. 

"Do Kyungsoo, as this school's sophmore prefect I hope that you will look after Mr. Kim." their school principal instructed.

Ah my life.

You might be wondering why THE Do Kyungsoo, the reportedly most prim and proper student in the college would curse this much in his thoughts. After all he keeps on nagging when other people do it. But hey, if it's not said aloud then it's not bad right? People might deem him as all prissy and but he's just as cynical as the next person when he's by himself, or maybe even moreso. That's why he's so close with his overly blunt cousin Kyuhyun.

Kyungsoo tried to hide the angry twitch that was itching it's way into his eye.

"May I ask why Mr. Lee?" Kyungsoo politely inquired. 

"He's been causing quite a bit of trouble lately, parents of 3 female students have already.. . " the principal's eyes trailed to glance at Jongin. "um.. .complained of his behavior."

ahh. .he probably dumped them after they did the deed.

Jongin just sat there, not with shame, but with pride.

Kyungsoo fought the urge to roll his eyes.

Typical. . 

"So, maybe you could guide him into becoming more. .um proper like you." the principal added.

Kyungsoo kind of hated how the principal sugarcoated everything he said, why not just say. 'Make this ing annoying kid into someone that won't tarnish the school's image. Got it?'

Well, he's not really one to talk since he always filters what he says. His sisters call him 'Sugar on the outside, wasabi on the inside'.

The principal was looking at him hopefully.

it.

"Okay Mr. Lee." he said with a smile.

 

Kyungsoo's flashback was interrupted by the sound of someone calling his name.

"Kyungsoo?"

it's Kai. Why can't he get the hint that I really can't bear to see his face at the moment?

"Kyungsoo?" tried again. "Are you here?" 

Kyungsoo immediately hid himself behind the trees. But Kai was persistent, he kept on shifting his position making it very hard for Kyungsoo to shield himself from his vision

Crap.

Just leave me alone 

Suddenly, Kyungsoo caught sight of a small opening behind a thick mesh of bushes. Curious as to what it was, he carefully stalked closer to it, regularly glancing towards Kai's location. The closer he looked, he realized that the opening was larger than he thought, finding out that it was a small cave.

Perfect. Kyungsoo smiled.

okay. .Silently, stealthily. .

"Ah!" Kyungsoo immediately covered his mouth when a short scream escaped him when he stumbled on his own foot.

Crap,. .nice Kyungsoo. .nice. 

Kyungsoo spent a good 3 seconds cursing his extremely uncoordinated body.

But luckily, Kai wasn't able to see him, using this to his advantage, he quickly sprinted towards the opening. The cave was sort of spacious and it seemed like no giant bats would eat him there, so it would have to do for his temporary hiding spot until Kai gives up. 

Minutes passed and Kyungsoo was getting restless, he was about a hundred percent sure that Kai has given up by now, but he immediately retracted his head and leant it back into the rocky interior wall of the cave when he caught sight of the top of Kai's head among the tall bushes.

"Kyungsoo?" Kai called again and again, concern and the effect of walking around in the cold night air affecting his tone. His hair windswept as he moved with the elegance of a frazzled penguin, his feet failing to provide him a smooth stride due to the sluggishness the cold ensues.

god. .Why won't he give up already? 

Kyungsoo bit his lip, he hates seeing people look so pitiful. He was naturally resilient to the cold since he spent a huge chunk of his childhood in his grandparent's forever frozen province,  but Kai on the other hand, was increasingly starting to look paler. And yet he showed no indication of giving up looking for him.

Kai's persistent searching made him comflicted.  Kai's the who basically told him to off a year ago, but why the hell does he  feel like he's the bad guy here? He looked again at Kai's pitiful form.

Aishh. . 

"Kai!" Kyungsoo called out as he waved his hand to gain his attention. Kai immediately perked up at the sound of his voice and turned around, a smile suddenly gracing his pale lips when he caught sight of the person he's been looking for for almost an hour now. 

"I'm here!" Kyungsoo added.

Kai immediately jogged towards Kyungsoo, his steps slightly stuttering from the cold, but his smile was still there. "Thank God! I thought you fell off a cliff or something." Kai joked but Kyungsoo could tell that there was a bit of reality in them.

Can that idiot stop looking so happy?

"I wouldn't be that stupid." he replied bluntly as he started getting out of the cave. Kyungsoo felt a sligt tremble on the ground beneath him, he really didn't mind because a lot of super small-scale earthquakes were hitting Seoul frequently. He felt something hard hit it's shoulder. He looked down, it was a rock fragment. It immediately made him look up and see that it came from the top of the cave. Then, as if  in slowmotion he saw a giant boulder that  was seated just on the cave's opening suddenly hurl itself in his direction.

"Look OUT!" Kai yelled as he lept towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo felt chilly hands grab his shoulder and tackle him out of the rock's direction. His back painfully colliding with the cold dank floor of th cave. He instinctively closed his eyes, trying to register if he felt any significant pain in his body or if he managed to keep his foot uncrushed by a probably three ton boulder.

A groan escaped his lips as he cracked an eye open, immediately opening them all together in the shock of seeing Kai so ing close. He immediately pushed Kai off of him and clambered away. When his hand nudged Kai's shoulder the other immediately flinched and held back a scream. Kyungsoo trailed his eyes on Kai's ripped hoodie and a rock fragment placed near him.

"Oh God, . .is it broken?" Kyungsoo instinctively grasped the said shoulder, immediately figuring out that that was incredibly stupid due to the sound of a pained shriek from Kai.

"Not really" Kai managed to reply sarcastically after he regained himself.

Kyungsoo was about to start feeling bad when he realized something. He ran his hands through the solid surface of the boulder that was now covering the cave entrance. He pushed and nudged it, finding it was virtually impossible to do it by himself or even with Kai.

They were trapped inside a cave in the middle of the woods, with the temperature drastically dropping by the minute. The reality was hard to take in.

"We're trapped."

His haunting statement echoed through the expanse of the cave. He didn't even try to scream or try to push the rock away because he knew that it was just going to be futile.

What's worse was, Kai was in the need of some serious medical attention right now, and he couldn't do about it. And basically it was all his fault since he just had to stupidly hide in a cave like what the .  .who the hell does that? and he just had to be all unlucky and almost get hit by a boulder, making Kai save him and break his frigging a--

"I'm sorry." Kai breathed out, leaning on the side farthest from Kyungsoo, avoiding showing the discomfort he felt in his shoulder. Kai's apology made Kyungsoo feel a hundred times worse, he knew he wanted to tell Kai that he ha absolutely no wrong in this, but suddenly a lump settled up Kyungsoo's throat, forcing him to reply with stifling silence. 

Kai and Kyungsoo just stared at nothing in particular for about twenty minutes (or was it longer?), trying to grasp their current situation. The cold was really starting to get unbearable, Kyungsoo pulled his knees closer to his chest, trying to make the most out of his jacket.

"What the hell are we gonna do?" Kyungsoo muttered, whether the question was intended for Kai or for himself, he wasn't so sure. But he felt like the responsibility of figuring out the answer was with him, especially seeing that Kai looked like he was going to keel over any minute.

"Freeze to death?" Kai said with a dry grin.

"Not funny." Kyungsoo snapped, there was fear in his words, like maybe Kai's joke was going to be possible.

"I'm not trying to be fu--cough! cough!" Kai was bent over, stuttering out unripe coughs that cut through the air like a knife. Kyungsoo's first instinct was to leap up from his seat and go to Kai, but something stopped him. Kai's tanned skin was turning ashy.

"Are you okay?" 

"Peachy."

Kyungsoo was getting irritated. "Can you stop joking for a minute??"

Kai stayed silent for a while and just stared at him. "You. ." Kai breathed, the color in his face draining out rapidly. "Want me to. . . stop joking?" he slowly closed his eyes, breathing getting heavier. Kyungsoo was getting alarmed. "I'm. ." Kai coughed softy.

".. .cold." Kai dropped to the ground with a thud.

The force that held Kyungsoo back immediately disappeared as he leapt towards Kai and tried to pull him up. Panic slowly rising through him. He's freezing. .

"Hey! Kai! the is wrong with you ing wake up man!" Kyungsoo outwardly cursed for the first time in  very long time. "! mother-- are you okay?" he shrieked as he put his hands on kai's cold cheeks and tried to warm them up. Kai was shook, pulled and everything just to make him not lose consciousness, because Kyungsoo knew that if he loses consciousness right now, it might cause some serious vascular problems.

"Stay with me." Kyungsoo whispered as he held Kai as close to himself, the other's head nestled between the space of his neck and his chest.

Kyungsoo heard weak chuckle. "Awww. you're being  clingy."

"Shut the up and get warm." Kyungsoo replied without even looking at Kai, just concentrating on his mission of not letting the boy freeze.  

". . .So you curse?"

"Not out loud." Kyungsoo confessed. "But particularly stressful moments like these are exceptions."

". .Hm. .I didn't expect that."

"Well, I also didn't expect that you'd be this pathetic when it comes to the cold." Kyungsoo retorted.

"Well, I didn't expect  that I'd be in your arms right now about an hour ago." Kai said in the same tone. "So I guess, my unproficiency with abnormally low temperatures come in handy in some ways."

"If you weren't going to die, I'd push you against a wall.  . ."

Wait that didn't come out right

"Don't you dare make dirty joke about tha'--"

"I'd be absolutely ecstatic if you push me against a wall."

" you."

"Sure."

"Damn."

"lol"

". . ."

Seeing that Kyungsoo didn't reply, Kai looked up. Kyungsoo had a very troubled expression on. Kyungsoo didn't want to admit it, but he missed this, he missed having snarky banters with Kai. He missed being someone that Kai relied on, he missed being someone that didn't frown so much.

"I.. .want to forgive you." was all he could say.

He could sense that Kai was startled by what he said suddenly so out of the blue, but the other remained silent, either because of not knowing what to say or wanting for him to continue.

"I. . really do." 

Kai put his hand on top of Kyungsoo's

"But you can't?" 

Kyungsoo felt Kai tense.

Most importantly, Kyungsoo missed being someone that wasn't hurt every time he saw Kai.

Kyungsoo only replied with a nod, making Kai slump in his arms, ever so slightly.

". .I understand." 

There was silence.

Kai looked up and met Kyungsoo's eyes. He still looked cold and as sickly as , but there was something in his eyes.

"But I'll definitely won't let that last long." he said as he poked Kyungsoo in the nose. "I'll win you back. Promise."

 


 

"ER!" Sehun screamed as he caught sight of a tree that they have probably seen 8 times, or was it a different tree? "WHY THE DO ALL THESE TREES LOOK THE SAME??"

Luhan was irritated by Sehun's loud and obnoxious whines. "Shut up you numbskull, it's because they ARE all the same, we're in a ing pine forest."

" . .oh."

Luhan rolled his eyes. Really, this is the person that looked kind of sorta a little tad bit handsome a while ago?

Really, . .what the hell was he thinking?

"It's Kyungsoo." Sehun mumbled in awe.

"What?" Luhan was expected Sehun to point at an owl or like an abnormally large-eyed deer or something, but lo' and behold, it was Kyungsoo, hidden really well in some kind of. .cave?

"Kyungsooo!" Kai's voice called out.

Luhan immediatey grabbed Sehun by his collar and yanked him down, obscuring the both of them from Kai and Kyungsoo's view.

"What are you--"

"Shhh!" Luhan covered Sehun's mouth as he peered over the leaves of the bushes. "I wanna see this."

Kai kept looking for Kyungsoo while Kyungsoo kept on hiding. They were beginnning to feel kind of bad for Kai.

"Hey, let's just tell Kai, he looks so dam cold."

Luhan observed for a while more. He looked at Kyungsoo.

"No, I think Kyungsoo will give in any mome---"

"KAI!" Kyungsoo called out. "I'm here"

Luhan gave Sehun one of those 'ha! I'm right looks', while Sehun just replied with a 'So what? I didn't ask' face.

They were expecting some kind of gushy reunion or somthing, but suddenly, right before their eyes, a boulder was falling off the cave, making Kai leap in and push himself and Kyungsoo inside, the large boulder covering the entire opening of the cave. Luhan and Sehun couldn't believe what they have seen.

They looked at each other before feeling the same level of panic show up.

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!" They screamed in unison as they both sprinted towards the cave.

 

 ~*^*~

RAWR! SORRYYYYYYY updated late AGAIN. .hardiharhar, .. .sorry guys.

But at least there's some development nooow! I've been itching to write the cave scene, but I think I was too rushed in writinf it. .idk

but ayways thank you guyyyys for commenting! made me so darn happy

anyways, please do comment, subscribe and upvote. ^^