Revelation

The Going Home Club

 

 

Kai and Kris were now in the men’s bathroom. Kris gently soaking his reddened cheek, courtesy of his date earlier. . .and a now bruising chin. Kai knew this was supposed to be a serious matter but hell, at first he was shocked, but now it’s just funny.

 

After Kris kissed Tao, like you know, just a simple smack, Tao immediately kneed him in the chin, yes, kneed, who knew Tao’s legs were so long?

 

To top it all off, Kris was now acting all hysterical inside the bathroom.

 

“WHAT THE HELL?” Kris screamed at his reflection as if scolding it would be of use. “WAS I POSSESSED?”

 

Kris immediately turned back at Kai, who was so casually leaning on a bathroom stall door, trying to suppress his inevitable laughter.

 

“Was I?. .” Kris was looking like he was on the brink of tears, and Kai was both concerned and amused at Kris’ crazy-fast mood shift.

 

“Uh. .I don’t know, . .were you?” Kai played along.

 

Kris’ eyes drooped. Honestly, Kai was kind of proud of himself that he’s not actually taking a video of this as evidence of Kris’ mental breakdown/revelation/out of the closet breakthrough monologue, since you know, this is probably one of the best times to show his very rarely seen compassion.

 

Yeah. .he really shouldn’t mess with Kris right now, .

 

Because Kris is in a delicate phase. .

 

And he really needs a kind, understanding and.. .well, normal friend right now.

 

Yeah. .if he’s a good person, he really wouldn’t mess with Kris during this particular period.

 

Yeah. .

 

uhuh. .

 

Really shouldn’t.

 

“So Kris, you’re a homo now huh?” Kai blurted out.

 

Damn . .apparently, he’s a bad person.

 

Kris in a breath as his eyes widened at Kai’s blunt words, like he just realized that consequence himself the moment Kai said it, and he probably DID just realize that consequence the moment Kai said it, because he was starting to look even more panicked.

 

Kai laughed and went towards Kris slowly, like Kris was some kid and he was the stranger Kris’ parents have always warned him not to talk to.

 

 

“I. .I. .am?” Kris croaked.

 

Kai clicked his tongue against his teeth in mock thought.

 

“Yeah. .I guess you are, I mean. .what else would you call that kiss?”

 

“An accident?”

 

Kai chuckled and rose a brow suggestively. “Right, let’s say that you just tripped and just happened to land your tongue down Tao’s throat.”

 

“WHAT THE HELL KAI!!” Kris snapped his head to Kai, too distressed to keep on reasoning out with a reflection. “There was no tongue!”

 

Kai smiled, one of those signature, creepy- smiles of his.

 

“. . yet.”

 

“I really want to push you right now.”

 

Kai whistled between his teeth and pretended to look shocked, holding himself in a protective manner.

 

“Woa. .not yet tiger.  . and definitely not in a public bathroom.”

 

. .  .

 

“Kai. . “ Kris’ face finally made it’s long overdue entrance, and Kai inwardly debated on whether he should push even more or just drop it in fear of turning Kris from a vulnerable and confused newly-turned homo, to an angry and confused newly-turned homo.

 

Kai raised his arms up in compliance. “Fine, fine,..I’ll drop it.” he rolled his eyes in an attempt to look unintimidated. “So, why’d you do it then?”

 

Kris at first again looked angry that Kai brought it up again, but when the question hit him, he didn’t know what to say. He means, a few weeks ago, just being near to Tao gave him hives, but now he kissed him?.

 

 

But Kai was still looking at him with that all-knowing smirk of his, so he just had to come up with an excuse.

 

 

“I just wanted him to shut up okay?” Kris defended, pretending to be angry instead of nervous.

 

Kai chuckled.

 

“With your mouth?. .”

 

. . .

 

 

. .

 

 

“DON’T JUDGE ME!” Kris stormed out of the bathroom.

 

When Kris was storming out of the café. .he didn’t even care at all the gawking that his earlier display was getting him, because his mind had more pressing matters to attend to.

 

Maybe he does know the answer.

 

Maybe he does know that he maybe kind of thought that the screaming Tao was kind of maybe hot. .

 

Maybe he just couldn’t hold back a while ago. .

 

And maybe he kind of thought that the kiss was unexplainably nice. .

 

And maybe he’s really confused right now.

 

 

He stopped in front of a random part of the sidewalk all sweaty with clammy palms. His hair was probably a mess and the eyeliner he laboriously tried to apply in the morning was now running, making him look like a killer.

 

He didn’t even realize that he’s been running so fast that he had no idea where he was going.

 

. .

 

. . . why he didn’t just take his car?

 

He looked around to try and figure out his location when a certain billboard of a drama about lawyers caught his attention.

 

“TRUTH’S OUT”

 

He just wanted to cry because maybe. .

 

 

Tao really did turn him gay a few moments ago. . .

 


 

 

Xiumin’s mouth was open so wide that a swarmful of flies could take refuge in it. After Tao went out of the café, Xiumin immediately went after him, hoping that Kai would be less of a douchebag to Kris.

 

Tao explained. . .well, everything.

 

He snapped himself out of his shock and swallowed thickly.

 

“So. .let me get this straight. .you. .used to be a gang member?”

 

“NO.” Tao grimly replied, scaring the hell out of Xiumin. He’s not. . used to this kind of Tao.

 

“I just told you that I fought alone. Weren’t you listening?”

 

“Uh. .” Xiumin stammered. “I-I was I just. . uh. .”

 

Is the real Tao this scary?

 

Where the hell has their adorable club member gone to?

 

Tao flopped down on the sidewalk and gave out a slight whimper.

 

Oh. .there he is.

 

“You’re probably freaked out right?” Tao asked, a hint of regret in his voice.

 

Yes. .yes in fact Xiumin was very freaked out, he just learned that Tao used to be all gangster and bad- and totally un-Tao-like in the past, AND the fact that he has a different personality altogether AND that he and Kris shared a kiss. Though his feelings about the last one were more of shock than distress.

 

“About what?” Xiumin played dumb.

 

Tao glared at him, making Xiumin falter a bit. Tao apparently took notice of this.

 

Tao ran a hand through his hair in frustration. “I knew it, . .if you want, you know, I can. .quit the club.”

 

Xiumin couldn’t believe his ears. “WHAT?” he shrieked. “Just because Kris kissed you?”

 

At the word kiss, he saw Tao stiffen a bit, a slow tint of red creeping up his ears, but then it immediately went away.

 

“I-it’s not about that.” Tao fiddled with his fingers. “It’s just. .now that you know who I am, I. .can’t just revert back to acting like the Tao that you’re used to.”

 

Xiumin was at a loss for words as he slowly sat down beside the club’s second maknae. He couldn’t believe that Tao was hiding himself all this time.

 

“What? why did you pretend in the first place?” Xiumin softly said.

 

Tao paused for a while before answering.

 

“It’s just. .who would want to be friends with a person who kept beating people up in high-school?” he looked down, fiddling with his fingers even more, making Xiumin think that maybe, the real Tao wasn’t that far from the Tao that they knew.

 

Xiumin chuckled and patted Tao on the back. “Come on, I’m friends with a person with a disturbing, game-triggered alter ego and apparently has a smell (Suho), a person who probably loves eyeliner more than me (Baekhyun), a proud manwhore. .oh I forgot he doesn’t like being called that. .so I mean a man (Kai), a person with a chronic and progressive addiction to pranks (Chen), a desperate housewife (Kris), someone who’s nocturnal (Lay),  speaking of nocturnal. .I’m also friends with an owl (Kyungsoo), a hipster with anger-management issues and a man-complex (Luhan), the laziest guy on campus (Sehun) . .and uh. .I don’t even know how to explain the last one (Chanyeol),. . “

 

Xiumin took a deep breath after he the longest sentence he ever said and smiled.

 

“So why can’t I be friends with someone as nice as you?”

 

Tao kind of felt like crying, but of course he wouldn’t cuz you know. .He doesn’t want to.

 

Xiumin still thinks I’m nice, after all he found out about me . .

 

“Did you just. .see what I did a while ago?” Tao reminded

 

“Well. .you could’ve been nicer to Kris’ chin, but. .I thought that he deserved it.”

 

“. .for kissing me?”

 

Xiumin flicked Tao’s nose. “No man, for taking too long to do it.”

 

“Wh-what?” Tao stuttered out, making Xiumin roll his eyes. New Tao is still as adorable as the old one.

 

“Come on, everybody but both of you knows you love each other.”

 

love. .

 

.. . .love

 

 

LOVE??

 

 

“HUH??” Tao uttered in disbelief “How is that even possible? He hates me!”

 

 

“If he did, he wouldn’t have kissed you wouldn’t he?”

 

Tao was silenced for a bit. Yes, Kris kissing him was certainly shocking to the point that it can power a whole lighthouse, but it certainly doesn’t point to Kris actually having feelings for him.

 

Right?

 

RIGHT??

 

Damn. .now he’s confused.

 

“Yes he does hate me.” Tao said firmly. “He got.. .hives, just by me touching him.”

 

“Well, . .”

 

Xiumin’s eyes widened as he looked at Tao with some form of dawning dread. Tao sensed what he was thinking and did the same.

 

“. .” they both muttered.

 

If Kris had hives just by Tao touching him then if they kissed. .

 

“Kris is probably dead right about now.” Xiumin said.

 

Tao’s dread kind of converted itself to something apparently funny for him, because suddenly Tao was laughing.

 

“Wow, I can’t believe that the real Tao’s a sadistic bastard.” Xiumin said half-jokingly.

 

Tao hit Xiumin’s shoulder playfully.

 

Ow. .

 

And apparently very oblivious of his strength too.

 

“No.” Tao continued chuckling. “Isn’t it so absurd that it’s funny? I mean,. . he’s the one that kissed me knowing full well the consequences.”

 

“Maybe, he just couldn’t help it.”

 

“Couldn’t help what?” Tao continued chuckling. Like he was trying hard to pass the kiss off as a joke.

 

Grr. .

 

Xiumin wanted to slap Tao, but of course, he wouldn’t do that due to Tao’s apparent tendency to beat people up. “Couldn’t help his feelings.”

 

This halted the laughter. “I told you it was just a kiss it could mean a lot of things or  absolutely nothi—“

 

Xiumin prayed to the heavens that he wouldn’t get sent to the hospital because of what he was going to do, because what he did was hold the back of Tao’s head, bring their head’s closer and plant a firm smack right on Tao’s lips and immediately pulled away.

 

Tao shocked as hell as he raised his hand.

 

Xiumin closed his eyes and flailed his arms in front of him for protection. “Wait wait WAIT!. .before you hit me. .”

 

Tao reluctantly lowered his hand, much to Xiumin’s relief.

 

“Tell me for one second that Kris’ kiss felt like that.”

 

Tao opened his mouth, then closed it back when he realized he didn’t know what to say.

 

hehe. .

 

bull’s eye.

 

“I-I told you. .it. .it was just a ki—“

 

“No,” Xiumin cut him off. “That, what I just did to you a minute ago, was ‘just a kiss’, but what happened between Kris and you. .I bet it was different.”

 

Yeah, Tao had to admit to himself, it was different, even though their lips only practically brushed each other, it shot so much electricity up his spine, that he, by reflex, kneed Kris. Okay. .maybe he’s just making excuses for himself but yeah. .it was definitely different. .

 

It. .It actually felt nice.

 

“. .apparently I like him.”  Tao murmured so softly that Xiumin almost didn’t hear it, but he did.

 

Did. . did I hear right?

 

Xiumin did a little victory dance in his head.

 

FINA-ing-LLY!

 

Oh yeah, he’s awesome.

 

He should do this for a ing living.

 

Tao abruptly stood up, interrupting Xiumin’s internal self-praise, and ran back to the direction of the café.

 

“Wh-where are you going??” Xiumin called out.

 

Tao briefly turned around and winked. “Wherever Kris is.” he said with a smile. “Oh. .don’t tell the other members about this.”

 

“Sure thing!” Xiumin waved, urging Tao to go off more quickly.

 


 

 

“Yeah. .so that’s everything.” Xiumin said to the members, who were so shocked, they all looked like Kyungsoo. How Tao was actually a former gang man, how he screamed at Kris, how Kris kissed him, how he kneed Kris, and how Tao finally realized his feelings.

 

“What the .” Chen muttered.

 

“Daaamnn. .” Chanyeol said, taking a while to process what he just heard.

 

“ . .never would’ve bet on that.” said Baekhyun.“So, like. .what happened when Tao found Kris?”

 

Xiumin shrugged. “Don’t know, Tao was running way too fast, and well. .I can’t run that fast.” he said honestly

 

“What.. .the . .just edly happened?” Chen gaped again, who has long throwed his precious book of pranks to the side and joined the members in a circle on the floor.

 

Xiumin leant back a little, gave out the most self-pleased smile his cheeks allowed him to, and pointed slowly to himself.

 

“Geniusness happened.”

 

Chen raised a finger and looked to the side. “Excuse me while I throw up.”

 

“Shut up Jongdae.” Xiumin retorted. “You guys can thank me now. I’ve cut that thick layer of that’s been hindering our breathing for well over a year.”

 

Chen laughed. “Really Minseok? has the really have been cut?” he said, glancing towards Sehun, who hasn’t been able to react to the shocking news appropriately due to the fact that flower-zombie Luhan has been clinging to him like I don’t know. .what are things that cling? oh. .like cling wrap. or something.

 

Sehun jerked as Luhan blew playfully on his ear.

 

“The dude??!’ He screeched, trying to pry Luhan off his arm, but was only responded to with a giggle and another blow to the ear.

 

Sehun twitched.

 

“!” he half-screamed and looked directly at Luhan’s tipsy and unLuhan-like form. “Your even more annoying than the other Luhan!.”

 

Luhan buried himself on the nook of Sehun’s shoulder. “Aww. .so that means you like me better?”

 

Sehun groaned and rubbed his temples. “Aww. .ing .”

 

Xiumin also looked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were now eagerly theorizing the things that might happen when Tao and Kris meet.

 

“I bet 5 bucks that they’ll kiss again.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Ten that Kai will mess with Kris’ head so much that he’ll run off when they meet.” Chanyeol countered.

 

Baekhyun furrowed his brows in thought and clacked his tongue against his teeth. “Good one. Greatly sad, but also highly plausible.” he admitted.

 

Chanyeol flashed his signature creepy- wide smile (that he mostly flashes to Baekhyun,. .lol. .that sounds wrong).

 

“Ha. .I’ll totally win this.” Chanyeol smugly crossed his arms.

 

Chen looked at Xiumin. “Yeah, it seems there are numerous layers of in this club room.”

 

Chen looked suggestively at Xiumin.

 

And Xiumin was utterly confused at to what that look suggested. And he was utterly confused as to why he was having trouble breathing all of the sudden.

 

“I want you.” Chen said.

 

“WHAT?” Xiumin shrieked, fortunately the other members were too busy that they didn’t notice it. “You want me??”

 

“No man, what I said was ‘I want to help you.’” he laughed. “Don’t get too full of yourself.” he said jokingly.

 

Oh. .

 

Wew. .

 

Xiumin’s heart was still beating, even though he just heard wrong.

 

. ..and he wonders why.

 

~0~

 

Craaappp. .that's what I am.

Hahaha. .idk if this is a good chap, there was supposed to be a lot more in this, but then I realized it was getting too long. But at leaaaasssttt! progress people. the members have kind of stopped being complete ignorant little s. hahahhah

 

ANYWAYS enjoy, and hopefully subscribe and upvote! =D