Calligraphy

Calligraphy

 

Kojima Haruna was a lonely girl who was always in the clouds. A lot of people called her the airhead girl. She liked to be by herself, she didn’t have a lot of friends at school in spite of this beauty, nobody tried to get along with her, and actually, the liked that.
 
Being alone means that she can think and make scenario in her head without no one disturbing her. She liked the poesy and the calligraphy.
 
She was the only one in this school who asked a teacher a classroom to make calligraphy after school. She practiced this art since kindergarten and she didn’t want to stop because of high school schedule.
 
It was hard for her a the beginning because she had a serious lack of concentration, she’s always thinking, and can focus on one thing at a time. The calligraphy helped her, she put all his thoughts in her art.
 
It was a Thursday when someone knock on the door of the little classroom where Haruna was writing with her brush.
 
« Kojima? » Asked a feminine voice.
 
« Ah! Miss Shinoda, I know it’s early but I haven’t class this afternoon so I decided to come here… » Said Haruna trying to explained why she was already here. 
 
Shinoda Mariko smiled a the girl. « It’s okay, it’s not about that. »
 
« Oh! » Said Haruna. « So… what it is? »
 
Mariko open the door entirely and let entered a short girl. « Oshima want to do calligraphy too. »
 
Haruna was astonished. She known this girl. Oshima Yuko was one of the most popular kids in this school, the was cute, funny and very athletic. She was the captain of the dodge ball feminine team. Anybody would kill to be friend with her. She had everything, why would she came in a class like that?
 
« Kojima? » Asked Mariko. « Again in the clouds? » Smiled the young teacher.
 
« Sorry… » Said Haruna trying to focus on the short girl in front her.
 
Mariko watched the two girls and said. « Okay, see you two later. »
 
« Wait! Miss Shinoda! » Said Haruna, but Mariko was already out of the classroom. Haruna turn around and found Yuko taking a brush and put a lot of paint in a little bowl. « Please don’t touch this! Don’t you have your material? »
 
« No. » Said Yuko. « I never do calligraphy before. »
 
« I can tell that. » Said Haruna irritated. « You put too much paint, look, like this. » Said Haruna showing the sort girl how to put the paint in a bowl. « Now sit down here and take this. » Haruna give Yuko a white page of paper and a brush.
 
« What we do now? » Asked Yuko looking forward to begin.
 
« You will start with a simple kanji. This one. » Explained Haruna showing the kanji to Yuko.
 
« Eh?! » Shouted the short girl. « But I want to make beautiful kanji like yours! »
 
« You need to start with the simple ones. » Said Haruna. She take two minutes to show Yuko how to make the kanji.
 
« Okay. » Grumbled Yuko. She tried and tried and tried again but she didn’t make it right. « Tell me what’s wrong? If you don’t explain me how to do it properly I can’t do it. » 
 
Haruna stopped her art and looked at Yuko. « You’re very annoying! You know that? I tell you to take your time and don ‘t put too much paint on the brush but you don’t listen. The horizontals lines need to be more like that- » Haruna stopped her talk when she looked at Yuko. « What are you watching? Don’t tell me you’re staring at my chest?! »
 
« Eh?! No, I’m staring at nothing! » Said Yuko red in embarrassment.
 
« Liar, you ert! » Said Haruna turning her back at Yuko.
 
« Sorry. » Said Yuko with a big smile. « I just can resist a beautiful girl like you. » Haruna frowned at the short girl. « It will not happen again! » The tall girl sighed. « Please show me again how to do it. »
 
« Okay, one last time. » Haruna went behind Yuko and take her hand in hers, she make the good movement and show Yuko how to draw the kanji good. Yuko inhaled slowly and smiled dreamily, Haruna was very close to her… « You understand now? »
 
Yuko jumped a little and nodded. « I will do my best now. » She draw  the kanji three more time and ended up drawing hearts and kittens on his sheet.
 
Haruna sighed. « What are you doing? »
 
« Look! This is you. » Said Yuko showing her drawing to Haruna. « You’re so cute, you look like a cat! »
 
« I don’t look like a cat. » Answered Haruna.
 
« You do, when you move, when you rub your eyes with the back of your hand. Believe me you look like a cat! » Explained Yuko. 
 
« I  rub my eyes like that because I have paint on my fingers. » Said Haruna irritated.
 
Yuko smiled. « I will call you Nyan Nyan! »
 
« No you don’t. »
 
« Yes I Do… Nyaaan Nyaaan! »
 
Haruna rolled her eyes, why Yuko was here and why did she want to make fun of her? It’s probably a game or a bet, the popular kids don’t be friends with people like her.
 
« It’s time to stop. » Said Haruna. « I’m tired and it’s getting late. »
 
« Oh! » Said Yuko sad that it’s was already finish. « Thanks, it was not that bad. » Haruna frown. « I mean, it’s interesting and fun, and you’re pretty nice when you want. » Explained Yuko with a wink. « See you tomorrow Nyan Nyan. »
 
 « See you Oshima. » Yuko came closer to Haruna and kiss her on the cheek. « Eh! » shouted Haruna. « Don’t do things like that. »
 
« I always said goodbye like that. » Lied Yuko.
 
« You’re weird. » Said Haruna.
 
« Not has must as you. » Said Yuko. 
 
After that the short girl came out of the classroom, leaving Haruna. « Why am I stuck here with her? »
 
The day after, Haruna was painting some kanji when the door open.
 
« Sorry I’m late, we had a dodge ball match this afternoon and we win! » Said Yuko very happy. 
 
« It’s great. Take a seat. I have prepared everything. » Said Haruna still doing her art.
 
Yuko take a seat and start writing the second kanji that Haruna told her. But she was so exited by her previous match that she wanted to told everything about her victory to Haruna.
 
« I thought that we would loose at a time. But Takamina catch the ball and make a perfect pass, Sae touch a another player then I catch the ball and touch the last player adverse! I jumped in Sayaka arms and- » She was making so much moves that she knock down the bowl on Haruna who was covered with paint. 
 
« Sorry… » Said Yuko. She took a tissue and start rubbing Haruna face.
 
« Don’t touch me. » Said Haruna pushing Yuko away. 
 
« I’m really sorry! » Said Yuko « Let me help you. »
 
Haruna didn’t want to listen to the short girl anymore. She went by her bag and take off her shirt. Yuko was watching her. « Wh-wh-what are you doing?! »
 
« I’m changing my shirt you stupid ert! If we don’t wash it now it will stay black. » Explain Haruna. She put a other shirt and turn to Yuko. « Go and wash it in the bathroom. » Said Haruna very angry.
 
Yuko couldn’t stop herself and her eyes went on the ed shirt. Haruna saw what Yuko was watching and closed her shirt. « Get out and wash my shirt! »
 
Yuko put her hand on her nose bleeding and storm out of the classroom.
 
Haruna sighed. Yuko went back after half an hour from the bathroom. « Here your clean shirt! » Said the short girl with a big smile and two cottons in the nose.
 
Haruna looked at the shirt eyes wide open. The shirt was clean, like very clean, and dry.  
 
« We’re okay? » Asked Yuko.
 
« I don’t know, one more mistake and I don’t want you here anymore. » Said Haruna. « And please stop staring at me! »
 
Yuko laughed. « If you don’t want that I mess with everything around when I tell you how was the match, just come see us next time? » Asked Yuko shyly.
 
Haruna don’t answer. Yuko come closer to the tall girl. « Please tell me you will come? »
 
« Maybe. » Said Haruna trying to avoided Yuko. « Now it’s time to go home. »
 
Yuko helped her cleaning the classroom. And before she left Yuko kissed Haruna on the cheek again. Haruna catch her by the arm but let her go abruptly. « You’re soak under your pullover! » 
 
« I know, I wetted myself washing your shirt, it’s nothing. » Smiled Yuko before she went out of the classroom.    
 
Haruna frowned. The take the clean shirt and looked closer. It wasn’t hers, she wore  it but it was a little tight for her and it smelled like Yuko. 
 
Haruna shook her head. Yuko gave Haruna her shirt and wore the dirt and soaked one because she couldn’t wash the paint. « This girl… » Whispered Haruna.
 
The next day Haruna was a little late, Mr Sata wanted to talk to her. She run to the classroom and found Yuko here, she was training.
 
« Hi » said Haruna.
 
« Hi Nyan nyan! You’re late today. » 
 
« I know, Mr Sata wanted to see me… »
 
« Oh. » Said Yuko.
 
Haruna frowned. « He saw you this morning during the break. » Yuko made a face. « He said that you searched something in MY bag. »
 
« I know, but listen- »
 
« No » Cut Haruna. « I told you, just one more mistake and it’s over. I have enough of you, and your clumsy and your everything. I can’t work with you here so please don’t come back tomorrow.
 
« But Nyan nyan »
 
« No Nyan nyan! »
 
« Please! » Insisted she short girl. « It’s a long story, I wanted to- »
 
Haruna don’t let Yuko finish and left the room. 
 
The day after that, Yuko didn’t show up in the classroom. Haruna took a brush and a white sheet. The classroom was so calm and peaceful, Haruna smiled. « Perfect. » She whispered.
 
She began to write some kanji but it was not ok, she tried again and again but nothing goes like she wanted. She was throwing all her sheet when someone entered the classroom.
 
One part of Haruna whished it was Yuko, but the other didn’t want to see the short girl anymore.
 
« Kojima. » Said the young teacher.
 
« Ah Miss Shinoda » Said Haruna turning around to see the her teacher. « What are you doing here? »
 
« Oshima is not here? » Asked the teacher worried. Haruna lowed her head. « It didn’t work? »
 
« Not really… » Admitted the tall girl.
 
« To bad. » Said Mariko sitting next to Haruna. « She really need a activity like that… like you must have see, she can’t focus on anything. I remembered when you asked me a classroom and explain me how calligraphy helped you with your thoughts and helped you focus, so I wanted to help her… »
 
« I’m sorry but I couldn’t do anything with her… »
 
« I know, she is very energetic and weird sometimes but she is a good girl. And she need to focus better if she want to maintain her grade and still play dodge ball. »
 
Haruna looked at her teacher « What’s the matter with grades and dodge ball? »
 
« If her grade are bad, her parents won’t let her play in the dodge ball team anymore… » Explain the young teacher.
 
« But she really love that. »
 
« I know that’s why I send her here with you. » Mariko stand up. « But don’t worry, I know it’s not your fault, Oshima can’t take anything seriously… »
 
When Mariko left, Haruna took a look at Yuko’s work. Even if Yuko was always messing around, she really tried.
 
Haruna stand up and run to find Yuko. She saw her ready to go.
 
« Yuko! » Shouted Haruna. « Wait! »
 
Yuko turn around and see Haruna running to her. « You call me Yuko now? »
 
« Please don’t start. » Said Haruna tired by her running.
 
« Don’t tell me that you’re tired because of 100 little meter? » Joked Yuko.
 
Haruna gave Yuko a evil look. « It’s the first time in my life that I run! » Yuko laughed so much that she was crying. « Yuko? » Said Haruna seriously.
 
« What? »
 
« I’m sorry, come back in calligraphy class with me. » 
 
Yuko look at the tall girl with her eyes wide open. « Why? You don’t like me, worst, you can’t stand me… »
 
« It’s not true! I do like you. » Said Haruna before putting her hand on . « I mean, I see you like a friend, a real friend… »
 
Yuko smiled and took Haruna in her arms. « Great! »
 
« Don’t do that! » Grumbled Haruna.
 
« But we’re friends, and that’s what friends do! » Said Yuko. Haruna just roll her eyes at the short girl.
 
The day after, Yuko and Haruna come at the same time. « So, what did you do without me? »
 
« Euh… Nothing. » Admitted Haruna. « I wasn’t in the mood. »
 
« Oh, I see. So you must have a lot to do today? »
 
« Yes. » Smiled Haruna. With that they began to paint.
 
After some times, Haruna looked at Yuko. « Ne Yuko? »
 
« What? » Said the sort girl smiling to Haruna.
 
« What were you searching in my bag the other day? » Asked the tall girl.
 
Yuko was biting her lips. « It’s long story… »
 
« Tell me. »
 
« You know the shirt with the paint on it? » Asked Yuko. « I couldn’t take the paint off so I gave you mine, and my mom washed yours so I wanted to exchange the shirts but I didn’t find mine in your bag… » 
 
Haruna was red in embarrassment. « I feel stupid now… All you do was being nice to me and a was mean with you… »
 
« It’s okay, I still like my Nyan nyan. »
 
« I’m not yours? » Said Haruna with a cold look.
 
« Yes you’re mine, I’m your only friend so you’re mine now. » Said Yuko getting closer to Haruna.
 
« Stay here, don’t come closer, and you can give me my shirt now… » Said Haruna.
 
« Okay. » Said Yuko pulling her pullover off. 
 
« What are you doing?! » Asked Haruna.
 
« I give you your shirt back. » Said Yuko ing the shirt. Haruna looked the short girl took off her shirt. « Look my bra, there is a cat on it! »
 
Haruna took a look and  become red when she realized what she was doing. « Don’t be shy. » Said Yuko. « Now if you give me mine back a could cover myself. »
 
« You want it now? »
 
« Yes, you don’t have it with you? » Asked Yuko. Haruna bit her lower lip. « Nyan nyan? You have it or not? »
 
« Yes and no… »
 
« Don’t tell me you wear my shirt?! » Asked Yuko laughing at the red face of Haruna.
 
« Don’t laugh,  I don’t find others shirts… » Explain Haruna.
 
Yuko smiled. « It’s great, my shirt will smell like you! Now take off my shirt. » 
 
« No. »
 
« I already see you the other day. » Said Yuko with a little smile.
 
« Yes, and you stared! » Said Haruna.
 
« You stare too, just now. » Said Yuko. The short girl came closer to Haruna. « Come on, we’re girls… »
 
« You’re a … now put something on you. »
 
« I’m a just with cute girls. » Said Yuko. « If you don’t give me my shirt I will stay like that and try to kiss you. »
 
« You better not! »
 
« We will see. » Said Yuko. 
 
An hour and two kiss on the corner of the lips later, Haruna gave up and took her shirt off. « Here. » Said the tall girl. Yuko took the shirt with a smile.
 
« Kojima, I- » Mariko who entered the classroom in hurry saw the two girls in bra and raise her eyebrows. « Okay I didn’t see anything. » Said the young teacher before disappearing.
 
Yuko exploded to laugh and Haruna was red in embarrassment. « Don’t laugh, what will she think now?! » Said Haruna bothered by the situation.
 
« Don’t worry, it’s nothing. » Said Yuko. 
 
« Are you sure? » 
 
« Yes, trust me. »
 
The next day, Yuko was in the classroom very early, and Haruna wanted to make fun of the little girl. She entered slowly and silently the classroom en walked to Yuko. Ones she was rather close, she jump behind Yuko shouting « BOO! »
 
Yuko screamed and Haruna laughed. The short girl turn around and jump on Haruna. She was stabling the tall girl. « How dare you mess with me when I’m focusing?! »
 
« Sorry you were so cute like that and I wanted to repay you for yesterday! »  
 
« I didn’t do anything?! » Said Yuko thinking about the previous day.
 
« You tried to kiss me, on the lips! » Explain Haruna. « I was very shocked and defenseless! »
 
« It’s not a crime. » Said Yuko « It’s friendship. »
 
« You almost harass me! » Shouted Haruna.
 
« Ok, it’s maybe a little more that friendship… skinship. » Yuko smiled. « You like it when I try to kiss you. »
 
« No I don’t. » Answered Haruna pouting. Yuko kissed her. « Stop that. » Said Haruna.
 
« Why? » Asked Yuko kissing the tall girl again. 
 
Haruna thought quickly. « What if Miss Shinoda come like yesterday? »
 
« If it’s the only thing that disturb you… She already know that I love cute girls like you. Plus, I asked her to introduce me to you. » Said Yuko.
 
« He?! So the story about your grades and your parent who won’t let you play dodge ball was a lie? » Asked Haruna a little mad.
 
« No, I really need to maintain my grade or I will be forced to quit the team, but I really wanted to meet you. And Miss Shinoda said that it was perfect because you are the good person to help me. » Explain Yuko.
 
« So, you wanted to know me? »
 
« Yes. You are so beautiful, but so lonely and cold with everybody that I was afraid to just talk to you. » Said Yuko. « But now I see how you really are and I love my Nyan nyan! I love you so much.»
 
Haruna didn’t know how to respond, the watched the short girl smiled at her. « How can you said that you love me? You barely know me… » Asked Haruna.
 
« I just feel it… here. » Said Yuko taking Haruna's hand and putting it on her chest. « My heart beat really fast when I’m with you. »
 
« Yuko I- »
 
« You don’t have to said anything. » Cut Yuko. « I don’t care if you don’t love me back, to be your friend is already great… »
 
Haruna looked down before looking right in Yuko eyes. « Show me how you really love me with a real kiss… » Said Haruna.
 
« Are you sure? » Asked Yuko a little worried by Haruna‘s words. 
 
Haruna nodded. « Kiss me Yuko. »
 
Yuko came closer and kiss Haruna, a real kiss, not just a peck. Their lips moved together and Haruna was the first to move back a little. She needed some air.
 
« You need to do some sports and work your endurance. » Joked Yuko.
 
Haruna roll her eyes and kiss Yuko again. Mariko open the door and immediately close it when she saw the two girls. « Finally. » Smiled the young teacher. « Mission accomplished. »