Broken Sums, And an Average Day With a Not So Average Ending

The Day Will Come

 


“Who do you want?” The man behind the desk asked Minho in a bored tone of voice. For someone supposed to be making sure the most vicious criminals in the world stayed locked up, he didn’t seem very professional or dangerous. 

 

“Lucius Malfoy.” Minho replied shortly.

 

“Woowee, aren’t we going after the big fishes!” The man said, his eyes laughing, “Jordan stay here I’m going to this fine young man to maximum security.”

 

The statement was directed to a second man inside the small room. Stepping out, the man grabbed a lantern off a hook and lit it with the tip of his wand. “Follow me,” He said heading off down a dark and dank corridor and deeper into the prison. 

 

Following the man down the corridor, they reached a flight of steps where the man stopped and gestured, telling Minho to take his time and that he’d be there when he finished. Taking the steps carefully, as they were covered in a fine layer of wet substance, he emerged at the top of the stairs to find no ceiling. With cells lining the edge of Azkaban’s rooftop, ending at a drop of almost seven hundred feet to the waters edge, far below. Twelve cells greeted his vision. Nine of them occupied with faces he recognized from the Daily Prophet and one held the face he was looking for. 

 

Lucius Malloy’s once lustrous blonde hair now hung in strands around his long pale face, his frame had never been large but now it was bordering on mal-nurtured. Minho stepped up to the cell amid the jeers of the other occupied cells, now that their occupants had realized he was here, Luscious Malfoy glanced up.

 

“What do you want?” He drawled still managing to sound as if he had any kind of power.

 

“Information,” Minho replied letting a commanding edge enter his heavily accented voice.

 

“I have told the aurors all I know, now if you will excuse me I need to continue trying to wish myself into death.” The drawl was starting to get annoying.

 

Minho shivered again, as the dementors surrounding the prison forced him to remember everything that had ever been bad in his life. Wanting to get out of here as quickly as possible Minho decided more drastic measures were required. Drawing his wand he tapped himself on the chest and waited for a moment as his body transformed into smoke. Gliding through the bars he rematerialized on the other side, now standing face to face with the broken and beaten Malfoy. His body once again becoming firm he noticed the look on Malfoy’s had gone from contemptible and slightly bored, too wary. 

 

“Information.” Minho stated again letting the commanding tone he had used enter his voice once again.

 

“What is it you wish to know?” Lucius asked, the drawl gone from his voice and replaced with a cut-to-the-chase tone instead.

 

“Did Voldemort ever ask a man named Taren Omathan to join him?” 

 

Malfoy flinched at the name and took a moment before answering “No, not that I’m aware of.”

 

Minho scanned the answer quickly and found no falsehood, Malfoy was telling the truth. “You may have known him as the Sphinx King or King of the Sphinxes?”

 

“No, no one by that name.” 

 

Sighing Minho once again detected no falsehood from the man. “Thank you,” He nodded at Malfoy then flicked his wand at the small table next to a broken down bed. A cup of coffee and thermos appeared, along with a steaming plate of food. “Enjoy, I’m sure it’s been a while since you had anything hot.”

 

Malfoy didn’t answer as Minho once again tapped his chest gliding backwards out of the cell, turning around he replaced his wand in it’s spot at his side and walked towards the staircase, reaching the bottom he remained quiet as the guard/Auror led him back to the desk. Stepping back outside, he walked towards the gate, through it, and to the dock. Climbing into the boat he once again drew his wand, once he was halfway to shore he crossed the anti apparation barrier, stalling his hand he pointed it at the bottom of the boat.

 

“Navis Mergo” He muttered.

 

As the boat started to sink Minho stood and turned appearing outside the SHINee dorms. He could have apparated directly to his room but he needed time to think. It just didn’t make sense that Voldemort wouldn’t have tried to convince Omathan to join him. A Wizard as powerful as Omathan must have gained Voldemort’s attention at some point. Climbing the stairs he inserted his key into the lock and stomped into the bedroom he shared with Taemin, slipping out of his heavy robe he collapsed into bed and glanced at the clock. It was two in the morning and he had rehearsals all day tomorrow, wonderful. Closing his eyes Minho drifted to sleep not at all looking forward to the next day.

 

Minho woke up to Key shaking him, groaning he rolled out of bed and headed to the shower. Washing himself and brushing his teeth he headed to the kitchen, sitting down as Key pushed a plate filled with food towards him, he shoveled it into his mouth taking a look at the front page of the Prophet after the others had finished with it. It was something boring and uninteresting so he tossed it aside. 

 

After they had all finished breakfast, they piled into the van and sped off towards SM. Minho was quiet in contrast to the boisterous attitude of the rest of the car. They soon arrived at SM, entering and walking through the inside towards their designated room. Arriving, Minho quickly changed into more acceptable clothes for dancing and took his place with the rest of SHINee. Sighing mentally he stepped into the first dance prepared for a long and arduous day.

 

After having worked his way through every single one of their songs Minho was exhausted. Collapsing onto one of the chairs at the edge of the dance studio he grabbed a bottle of water and took a huge drink draining the bottle in one go. Tossing the now empty plastic container into the trashcan he followed the rest of SHINee into the showers. At first it had been awkward showering with his hyungs and Taemin but now it was ordinary every day business. Having washed himself he donned his fresh clothes and walked back outside to the van.

 

As they neared he stopped and said, “Hey, I’ll see you guys later, I’m going to go for a walk.”

 

Onew nodded at him shortly then climbed into the van. One of their Auror body guards followed him, dressed in muggle clothing, so you wouldn’t know he was a wizard, the excuse they had given SM was that they felt they needed protection not from the dangers of enemies but rather their fans who could, at times, become overzealous.

 

Turning a corner, Minho spun on his heel and disapparated once again, successfully dodging his stoic . Much to his surprise he felt a second tug as he was traveling through whatever it is you travel through when apparating. And found himself at the edge of the clearing around Omathan’s sisters house as opposed to at the front door as he had intended. Drawing his wand Minho slowly walked towards the house. A large hole had taken the place of the door which was several feet away lying among the grass and flowers. Stepping inside the house looked much as it had before. After a second look he stepped back outside taking a slow look around. A muddy crater where the pond had been grabbed his attention.

 

Walking slowly towards it he stopped. The ground under his feet was squishy and brownish red stains covered the soil in places. Recognizing it as blood he took several steps back and quickly scanned the clearing once more. Nothing moved, if not for the gaping hole in the small cottage’s wall and the stains on the ground it would be just another normal day. Kneeling down Minho prodded one of the stains with his wand, holding it back up, the tip glowed blue confirming that it was in fact blood. 

 

Minho glanced around once more trying to piece together what may have happened. He assumed Omathan himself had killed his own sister; apparently she had put up a fight, confirming Minho’s suspicion that she was indeed a powerful witch. Lost in his musing he didn’t realize someone else had entered the clearing until an awesome force picked him up and hurled him forty feet into the wall of the cottage. Letting out an, “Oomph” he felt a large amount of energy leave him as the shields he had placed around himself absorbed the majority of the impact. 

 

Gaining his feet quickly, he flicked his wand even before he had gained sight of his attacker. Fire laced out of the tip, speeding towards the unknown target. Finally glancing up Minho’s heart stopped as the face of his assailant filled his vision. There was grey in the man’s beard and he carried a fresh scar along his neck, which disappeared, into his shirt. Standing before Minho, was none other than Taren Omathan himself. Mentally slapping himself for not realizing Omathan would have placed wards around the place to alert him if anyone entered the area, Minho prepared for the fight of his life.

 

A fight. To the death…

 

EDITED :D