Swim Trunks, Bath Robes, And The Ministry

The Day Will Come

 

SHINee sat around their small kitchen table waiting for someone to start the conversation. Naturally it was Onew who opened the ball, both as the leader and eldest he was also the most logical.
 
“You guys know what this means right? All of us are now in even more danger. We alone are the only wizards currently producing music in the muggle world, which makes us a target for any dark wizard trying to take over from He Who Must Not Be Named.”
 
The mood was somber, in sharp contrast to the boisterous attitude of the night before. After the partying had died down, they had all gone to bed, with the next day spent rehearsing and trying not to die from the hangovers pounding in their skulls.
 
“We should talk to the ministry, we need aurors to protect us.” Jonghyun stated apprehensively.
 
“Yes, I think that’d be a good idea,” Key added, with the same expression on his face, “That’s all we really can do, I mean we are able to defend ourselves, even Taemin isn’t half bad at shield charms and stuff like that…” 
 
The conversation was short, doing nothing more than affirming what they all already knew to be true. After the brief exchange was over, as one they turned to Minho, the bandage on his arm stuck out in clarity, its white contrasting sharply with his dark clothing. 
 
“What?” He asked trying to find his innocent “second youngest in the group” voice.
 
“You know what.” Jonghyun stated, his voice incredulous that Minho would try to dodge the inquisition they all knew was coming.
 
“Why were you at the battle in the first place, you’ve been out of school for almost three years now. There was no reason for you to be there especially while it was under the control of You-Know-Who” Onew voiced asking the question they had all been wondering but hadn’t had the chance to ask.
 
“Well…I needed to…um, Well I needed something there” Minho finished lamely hoping they would leave it at that. And if Key hadn’t been in "Umma Mode" it might HAVE been left there. But NO with Key nothing was ever set to rest.
 
“Yes, because we all know that Hogwarts has an extensive supply of everything you might need to do, “Um Something that you can’t tell your band mates” Or anything for that matter. Yes, Hogwarts is the one stop shop for everything Minho needs to do anything” The sarcasm in his tone was apparent, Minho always had a problem with sarcasm, it annoyed him more than possibly anything else
 
Minho stood quickly pushing his chair back and knocking it to the floor in the process “I don’t need to tell you a god damn thing Kibum! What I do in my own time is MY business and YOU aren’t my mother!” 
 
Stomping into the room he shared with Taemin he slammed the door and collapsed onto his bed, pulling his wand out of its concealed holster up his sleeve and setting it on his bedside table. Sighing, he pulled the blankets over himself and closed his eyes drifting into an uneasy sleep.
 
 
 
The next day found Onew apparating to the ministry with Key in tow, transferring to the long hallway, Onew noted that the statue that had originally stood there was now back in its place standing proud, as a testament to the second new government in as many years. Approaching the desk located directly outside the main entrance he presented his wand to the man behind it.
 
“Hmm lets see, ten inches, birch wood, and a unicorn hair core. And your name, Sir?”
 
“Lee Jinki” Onew stated accepting his wand back from the man as Key handed his over.
 
“And we have eleven inches, cherry wood, and dragon heart string”
 
“Kim Kibum” Key answered before the man could ask.
 
After Key had accepted his wand back and they had gained directions to the Auror bureau they headed in that direction stepping onto the roomy elevator. When they reached their desired floor they stepped off into a flurry of activity, witches and wizards zoomed back and forth on their own private missions. As directed by the man at the desk Onew and Key headed towards the row of doors on the left side of the room. Approaching the one that held the name plaque “Auror Dawlish”.
 
Knocking on the door Onew waited for an answer and when it arrived, entered, after exchanging greetings with the large man behind the door he cut straight to the point.
 
“We would like to request an Auror bodyguard for our band.” He said it politely and with smooth features but inside was only apprehension
 
The man, Dawlish, leaned backwards in his chair and replied tiredly “The ministry is swamped right now, we are busy setting up an entirely new government and cleaning up the mess You-Know-Who left behind. Why do you need a detail so bad exactly?”
 
Speaking from beside Onew, Key entered into the conversation “I doubt you know who we are. There are five of us, we are the members of a band called SHINee. All of us are wizards but we have produced the entirety of our music via muggle producers and companies, this makes us a target for any pure blood trying to re-invent You-Know-Who’s empire”
 
Leaning forward in his chair Dawlish sighed heavily “Give me a couple of hours to confirm that and I’ll send an owl, if it checks out I’ll send over a couple of muggle born Aurors to protect you, Anything else I can help you with?”  
 
“No, but just out of curiosity, why muggle born?”  Onew asked with a puzzled expression on his face
 
Having already turned back to the stack of papers on his desk Dawlish looked up with a slightly annoyed expression on his face “Because…Unless you want them to show up in swim trunks and bath robes, muggle born is the only way you’re going to get someone who knows how to dress.”
 
Looking back down at his desk in a clear dismissal Onew and Key left the ministry heading back home for their last day off before rehearsals picked up even more in preparation for their mini-tour which was fast approaching.
 
EDITED :D