Willast

The Day Will Come

 

Minho walked out of the Room of Requirement and paused for a moment, assessing his next move. Finally deciding to return to McGonagall, he turned and headed in her direction, his mind puzzling over the two memories he had observed. Minho didn’t know what to make of all of it yet, but he knew that there was much more going on than he had initially thought. 

 

Approaching the gargoyle Minho said, “Dumbledore,” and waited for the statue to revolve sideways. Stepping quickly up the stairs, he found the Headmistress patiently waiting for him.

 

“Minho?” She asked with a tone that implied a barely concealed anger, “Would you care to tell me what that was all about?”

 

Sighing, Minho sat down in the chair that had been occupied by one of Omathan’s agents just moments before. Taking a breath he started his story. When it was over, there were a few moments of silence before McGonagall reached towards a quill and a piece of parchment. She scribbled on it for a moment then handed it to Minho. 

 

“These are the coordinates of Willast, I hope you find what you need.” 

 

They talked for a few more minutes before Minho politely excused himself and walked towards the grand entrance to the castle. Once there, he found the other members of SHINee waiting for him.

 

“I have to go to Willast.” he stated, “I want you four to stay here. We don’t have any big concerts coming up or anything so I think I won’t be too badly missed.”

 

Before they could pipe up with any objections, he interceded with, “And besides, this is supposed to be our vacation week. You guys go visit your families. If you’re serious about helping me then you have to realize there is a good chance that not all of us will make it.” 

 

Silence greeted his somber statement and grudgingly the members of SHINee drifted off towards the great gates at the edge of the dissaparation zone. Turning Minho headed towards the lightly forested area at the edge of the forbidden forest and towards Dumbledore’s grave. After a brief walk he arrived. 

 

Stepping up to the white marble tomb he stared at it for a moment. Observing the ow repaired cracks in the top where Voldemort had robbed the elder wand from the tomb just a week before. More than anything Minho wished Dumbledore was alive now, He hadn’t known him personally but he had always viewed Dumbledore as the kind of man you go to when you had a problem and you didn't know what to do about it.

 

Sighing for what seemed like the hundredth time Minho started towards the great gate. And from there, to America. 

 

The plane landed smoothly on the tarmac as Minho got his first glimpse of the New York City Airport. Even the most powerful wizards didn’t dare apparate such large distances. In a matter of hours he had booked a hotel and settled in all of his personal belongings. 

 

Taking stock of the room he smiled liking the American style. Taking one last look at what would be his home for the next week he his heel and apparated to the coordinates McGonagall had given him.

 

Minho looked on in awe at the sight that greeted him. He stood on a hill overlooking a complex that went on for what must have been almost two miles in a square. Thew walls stood out marking the borders of this complex and a light shimmering in the air suggested a anti-detection charm. Five towers each as tall as the SMENT headquarters but much thinner and cylindrical surrounded a sixth and more substation tower. From the information McGonagall had given him the Dean of Willast resided in the top of the sixth tower. 

 

Spotting the entrance to the complex he gathered himself and apparated about thirty feet away from it. Stepping up to the gates he noticed a small chain next to it, Reaching out he pulled on the chain and was rewarded with a small tinny sound. Moments later a well dressed, middle aged man walked up on the opposite side of the gates. For a moment the mans appearance confused Minho as he was not wearing robes but muggle clothing. 

 

The man waved his wand and the gate that had separated them disappeared with a slow puff of smoke. “Hello Sir. How may i assist you?” 

 

Slightly taken aback by the friendliness in the mans voice Minho answered “I’m here to see the Dean if he is available” 

 

The man glanced over Minho’s robes and the dark handle of his wand sticking out of his belt and then bowed “Right this way” 

 

Minho bowed back and followed the man as he lead him through the complex. Minho glanced around with the same feeling he’d had the first time he had viewed Hogwarts. So many differences. It was the perfect melding of wizard and muggle culture. Muggle clothing was predominate and devices such as iPods and cell phones were obvious in most of the populous. 

 

Steel and glass gave the entire place a modern look. It was almost utopian in its architecture. Yet had the feeling of being much older. The magic was tangible in the air filling him with power and a sense of purpose. So different from what he was used to. Minho had just started to ponder the differences between the small snippets of lectures he was picking up as they passed what appeared to be Greek styled hippodromes where classes were taking place when the man next to him said

 

“Here you are Sir.”

 

Slightly surprised Minho looked up and realized that they had arrived at the bottom of the central tower. Turning and bowing to the man Minho said “Thank you Hyung” 

 

Stepping up to the door Minho was once again taken aback as it slid open seemingly of it’s own accord. In front of him was an elevator. Stepping inside he glanced down at the buttons and hit the second from the top which had a series of letters from the English alphabet he realized read “DEAN” 

 

Pressing the button he glanced backwards and realized there was a glass panel on the back which allowed him to see the complex as he rose into the sky. As that same small tinny bell rang Minho turned and walked into a large but comfortable lounge. Seeing a doorway leading through to what looked like an office he walked towards it robes billowing out behind him. 

 

Stepping through the doorway he was faced with a man in his early 50’s by the look of it. A tight dark blue jacket adorned his upper chest and suggested a man still fit despite his age. As the man’s eyes met Minho’s his brow creased into a frown. “May i help you?” he asked with the air of a man very busy but trying to be polite

 

“Yes, I think so” Minho replied “I’m looking for information on a student you taught here at some point in the past”

 

“Drop the english, i speak Korean and while your accent is charming it is also quite annoying” the smile on the man’s face took away any sting the words might of had.

 

Bowing Minho continued in his native language “His name is Taren Omathan, he attended at some point in the early 1920’s if my information is correct. 

 

The man typed a few words into the computer and nodded to himself “Yes we have his records, I’m sure we can arrange a viewing of them. I cannot allow any students records to leave my possession. But if you are will to stay the night then tomorrow we can go over them.” He looked up with a questioning glance.

 

“That would be fine” Minho replied “What time?”

 

“Noon” the man replied “Now if you will excuse me i have a lot of work to do and not enough time to do it” 

 

Minho bowed and turned walking away from the office and towards the elevator. Once arriving at the bottom he was met by the same man who had escorted him there.

 

“If you are ready i will you to your quarters?” He asked

 

Bowing once more Minho followed the man after a quick nod...