Day 5 (Friday)

Friends with "Benefits"

 

“Do you want to talk about it?” Baozi asked carefully as they ate the dinner he had prepared.

Luhan shook his head. “Not today.”

The Korean boy had to live with the answer. He couldn’t push the other to say something he didn’t want to say. It was stated so in his contract.

“Did you have a good day?” Luhan asked as he poked to the salad in front of him with his fork. He’d upgraded the fridge with a lot of vegetables and meat. There were also now pasta and more rice in the kitchen. He’d decided to at least use the chance to get someone to make dinner for him.

Baozi nodded and swallowed. “It wasn’t that adventurous though. The most exciting thing that happened all say was that Yixing and I ran into a store and made a big fuss, because we kissed each other.”

“Yixing?” Luhan questioned interested. He didn’t know much about the boy sitting in front of him to be honest. He’d only met him a few days ago and they were already eating dinner together comfortably. He’d even asked such a question as ‘did you have a good day’ which partners mostly only share. “Is he your boyfriend?”

Baozi laughed at this. “No he isn’t. He’s my good friend. A real friend,” he smiled at Luhan and added, “he works in the same company as me.”

“Oh,” Luhan retracted a little embarrassed. He’d maybe sounded a little accusing, but Baozi didn’t seem to mind. “Why did you kiss him?”

The Korean boy liked the interest Luhan had in him and gladly answered all his questions. He didn’t like to hear his own voice, but if he had to talk before Luhan would, then it was worth it.

“We like to scare people, and since he’s gay and I’m bi we tend to be affectionate when we’re in public,” Baozi admitted. “But we don’t have any feelings for each other. At least not in that kind of way.”

“Ah,” Luhan said understanding. “Then who did you scare?”

“Most of the people in the store,” he smiled. “It was at noon so mostly old people were there and they’re not really that open to gay stuff.”

“Why do you like to scare people like that?” Luhan asked.

“Hmm,” Baozi thought about that question and Luhan took some more food. “I think I like to see their reactions. Most of them get embarrassed and some of them get this perplexed expression. But we probably just embarrass people more than scare them when we show affection towards each other in public.”

Luhan nodded hesitantly, agreeing to what the other said. He suddenly seemed boring compared to the other. Or maybe he just seemed plain and normal.

“Actually, once I got smacked by this old man in the back of my head,” Baozi confessed honestly. “It hurt back then, but afterwards it was really funny. Especially because he thought Yixing was a girl. He even cursed and yelled at us, asking why we weren’t in school instead of standing and smooching each other in a grocery store.”

The story spread a smile on Luhan’s lips. This was what he’d needed. After yesterday he’d been down, even though Baozi had been there to comfort him through most of his sorrow.

“Is Yixing a good friend?” Luhan asked and felt how the name fit in his mouth.

“He’s my best friend!” Baozi announced with a big smile.

Luhan still smiled at the cheerful boy. “Is he Chinese?”

“Yeah,” Baozi’s smile faded a little, but it still was there. “He moved here because he wanted to chase his dream.”

“What dream?”

“He wanted to become a musician.”

 

 


 

A/N: Yes, Yixing's here already B| He's going to be a wonderful(?) character in this story~

I'm unbelievingly happy today because my favourite group of all times, AA, finally made their comeback after 1 year and 6 months ;w; So you too should check out their comeback song 'Come Back' and the song they last promoted 'Because I'm Crazy' :) They're so wonderful ;~; Just like all of you, my wonderful subscribers :3