Day 16 (Tuesday)

Friends with "Benefits"

 

“Yes mr. Lu,” Luhan answered the elder man in the television screen. He sat in front of his Smart TV and had a talk with his father. His father was in China and he was in Korea, but they could still see each other because of all the new-fangled technology.

“Son,” his father suddenly spoke up in his father voice and not in the business voice he usually had when he spoke to Luhan. “You have to visit us soon. Your mother and I miss you so much. We want our little boy back.”

Luhan merely smiled and politely tried to turn down the request. “I would, but the company’s taking a lot of my time.”

“That’s sad to hear…”

And then there was silence, but only for a few seconds, because suddenly the front door to Luhan’s apartment went up with a click.

“Luhan?” Baozi yelled as soon as he entered the apartment and drew the last vocal out to make it sound cuter. He quickly kicked his shoes off and put his coat away. He could hear Luhan say something in a language he didn’t understand, so he expected it to be Chinese.

When he entered the living room he saw Luhan sit on the couch and the latter turned his head to look at Baozi. Baozi froze in his motion when he saw a man looking attentively at him in the TV.

“Who’s that?” Baozi questioned and hinted to the TV.

Luhan looked back at his father, but his gaze returned to the Korean man shortly after. “He’s my father.”

Luhan had this concerned expression in his eyes. He prayed that Baozi wouldn’t do anything weird or stupid when his father looked. But Baozi did the exact opposite.

“Does he understand Korean?” was the only question Baozi asked Luhan. He received a nod and then he began talking, but before that he bowed 90-degrees.

“Hi. I’m Kim Minseok, Luhan’s friend,” he presented himself to the older male in the television.

“It’s nice to finally meet one of Luhan’s friends,” the Chinese father spoke warmly in broken Korean.

Minseok bowed again. He sat down on the couch Luhan wasn’t sitting in.

“He looks nice Luhan,” Luhan’s father complimented in Chinese so Minseok wouldn’t understand. “If you don’t want to come alone to China you could bring him along. Your mother would probably love him.”

“No,” Luhan answered in Korean and folded his arms over his chest, but that only made him seem younger; just like a little child who didn’t get his will.

Minseok caught the Korean word and suddenly got curious. “What’s wrong?”

“Tell him,” Luhan’s father pushed from the television.

“You tell him,” Luhan exclaimed in Chinese. “It was your idea.”

“You spoiled little brat,” his father laughed. “Tell him, or I won’t pay your living expenses.”

Luhan gulped. He really needed his father to pay for his apartment, or else he would have to live in a way too small apartment where only a 33 inches wide flat screen would fit.

“I understand,” Luhan gave up. “I’ll tell him, but only because you’re blackmailing me.”

His father got a pleased smile on his lips.

Minseok looked curiously at them both. “What?”

Luhan sighed before he began to explain. “He wants me to go visit him and my mother, but I really don’t want to. He said I could just take you with me if I didn’t want to be there alone, but I’ll just tell him we won’t come.”

“China?” Minseok questioned interested. “I’ve never been to China. I think it sounds interesting.”

Luhan’s father obviously understood this because a harmonious laugh left him and made both of the boys’ heads snap to the TV.

“It’s settled then,” he spoke in Chinese and smiled. “I’ll book the flight tickets now and then you have a flight to catch on Friday. I’ll mail you the information later. I’ll see you on Friday, son. Take care of yourself and remember: Your mother and I love you from the bottom of our hearts.”

And then the screen turned black. Both of the males looked confused at the screen. Luhan was confused because of all the information – he’d just gotten – darted around in his brain. Minseok was confused because the father had talked fast in Chinese and then suddenly the screen had turned black. He thought an error had occurred.

“What just happened?” Minseok questioned and his eyes were still on the screen.

“We just…” Luhan stopped and rephrased his sentence. “We’re going to China on Friday. I don’t hope you have any plans for the weekend, because we’ll spend that in Beijing.”

 

 


A/N: We're going to China~~ :D And I don't have to call Minseok Baozi anymore ;D

A bad thing, though, is that I've decided to take on two extra exams, but only because my French teacher told me to.....