Day 14 (Sunday)

Friends with "Benefits"

 

A sweet smell suddenly occupied Luhan’s nostrils and he got enchanted. It was so sweet and slightly bitter. Chocolate. That was what Luhan soon recognised it as. He sat in his home office as always when the wonderful smell had hit him. It had gone through the small opening under the door and now he was enchanted. He abandoned his work to go downstairs instead. When he pushed the door open, the smell hit him in an instant. He already loved it and he wanted to know what Baozi did in the kitchen. He obviously did something great since the chocolate smell was in every room in the entire apartment.

Baozi was in the kitchen and he’d just taken the muffins out of the oven. He smelled to them once and hummed in delight. The smell was exactly like he remembered it. Exactly like the last time he made them.

“What are you making?” Luhan questioned as he went down of the stairs.

“Cupcakes,” Baozi smiled proudly and showed the freshly made chocolate cupcakes without frosting, so in theory they were only muffins. “Do you want to help with the frosting?”

Luhan sat down on the couch and turned his head and half of his body towards the kitchen so he could look at Baozi. “No thanks. I’ll just watch you make them. I’m not helpful in the kitchen at all.”

Baozi chuckled at the comment while he found the ingredients for the frosting.

“I used to live of take-out and microwave food,” Luhan admitted. “I don’t know how I could live without you making great and nutritious food to me every evening.”

“But you managed,” Baozi pointed out with a smile attached to his lips. He began mixing the ingredients to a frosting looking substance. When he should put the frosting on the muffins Luhan got curious.

“Where have you learned to cook and bake? You seem very wife-like with those traits,” Luhan questioned.

Baozi chuckled nervously. “A female client I visited a few years ago didn’t know how to cook and the traits she wanted her friend to have were cooking and baking, so of course I had to study when I got assigned for the job. In the end I got pretty good at it, so now I cook whenever I get the opportunity.”

Luhan just nodded and looked at Baozi working swiftly with the cupcakes. When the first one was done he spoke up.

“You want to taste one?”

Luhan rose up from the couch. “Sure.” He approached the dangerous territory and went to stand beside Baozi. He looked at the white frosting that decorated now two cupcakes. Baozi grabbed both of the finished cupcakes and gave one to Luhan. He clanked them together as if they were two champagne glasses and then they took a bite of the small cake.

Luhan let a hum of approval out when the taste of chocolate hit his taste buds. It was a long time since he’d last gotten homemade cake. Homemade sure was better than those factory made ones he had in a cabinet somewhere in the kitchen. “It tastes good.”

Baozi laughed and pointed at Luhan’s nose. “That’s noticeable.”

Luhan had some frosting on the tip of his nose and he quickly wiped it away with his finger. He was embarrassed by the scene and decided to take revenge on the cupcake maker.

The next time Baozi drew his hand up to take another bite, Luhan gently pushed his hand up so the cake would land on his small nose. The frosting not only decorated the dark muffin, but now also the fairly white skin Baozi had.

Luhan laughed while Baozi wore a frown.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” Luhan laughed through his apology.

Baozi’s frown changed to a little less angry one. “You don’t seem so sorry though.”

“I’m sorry, I’ll clean it off,” Luhan said with a small smile and found a paper towel. He made it moist and went close to Baozi, rested his hand against Baozi’s plump cheek to dab the frosting away. They got eye contact because Baozi looked stunned at Luhan. They were so close that they could see every little detail on the other’s face. Baozi noticed Luhan had a scar close to his mouth and his eyes eventually landed on Luhan’s lips. They weren’t perfect those lips. If you went into details you could see that the lower lip looked slightly damaged. Luhan also noticed some details about Baozi’s face. His skin wasn’t as flawless as it looked like, but everybody has flaws, they both reminded themselves about.

When Luhan had gotten all of the frosting off, he didn’t intend to move. He just stood there and looked at the Korean boy in front of him. Both of his hands cupped the other’s cheeks and a slight smile was on both of their lips. Without even knowing it himself, Luhan leaned in and placed a light kiss in the corner of Baozi’s mouth. It was short, just like all the other kisses they’d shared, but this one was different from all the others. This had more meaning. Luhan had done it without any influence from something. He’d done it all by himself and Baozi couldn’t pull away even if he wanted to, because he was bound to the contract, which Luhan hadn’t really lived accordingly to. He hadn’t used it to its fullest. But Baozi didn’t want to pull away either. He liked to feel the other’s lips so close to his own. He also liked to feel a security by knowing that Luhan led. The latter decided what should happen, the pace and what they should do next. Baozi liked that security; he liked not to be in charge of anything. He could just relax and then Luhan would lead.

Luhan led them towards a path Baozi could live with. Luhan’d pulled back and looked embarrassedly down at the ground. He’d muttered a ‘sorry’ and ‘I think it’s better if you leave for today’. So of course Baozi did so, but only because he was asked to.

When Baozi had gotten outside the apartment, he leaned against the closed door behind him. He fished his phone up from his pocket and began typing a new message.

 

‘Luhan-ah…

Don’t be embarrassed. You have the right to do whatever you want as long as it stands in the contract. Remember that, okay?

 

See you tomorrow~ ^^

 

Baozi.’

 

 


A/N: Yay~ long chapter :3 (Or.... it's longer than the others xD) And XuHan kiss~ What an eventful weekend......

And I didn't have time to re-read this chapter! Sorry ^^'