Eighth Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Eighth Storm

 

Dara

 

Butterflies are such beautiful and strong creatures.


It always reminds me of my loving mother, I never forget her smile. It has been carved on mind. If you ask what is my dream. That would be to bring my mother back again. I want my role model come back to me. Maybe, one day I can become a powerful like my mother, the butterfly.


“Dara...” A voice echo in pinch black.

“Who is there?” I opened my eyes and stood up from the floor. There is nothing around me, not even floors. It’s just pinch black. A light glows in mid air. “Dara...” Someone called me again.


“What!” I screamed and my voice did not echo like  the other person did.

“I am your power, honey and don’t need to yell.” The glowing light danced around me.
“Is that you speaking?” My eyebrows furrows.


“Yep.” It stop moving.

“Why am I here?” I looked at my hand then to my surrounding.

“I am your power. You unlocked me with the human’s blood. I am not in my full form yet, but soon you will see me again. I will take over for now.” It moves a little closer to me and hit my chest. I felt something moving my body. My instant reaction was to pushed away.


However when I open my eyes again, Kevin is in front of me. He is sitting on the snow and looked at me with wide eyes. My uncontrollable hands moved on its own.  Then my eyes turn to the growing tattoo. Everything happen without my control. It surprised me that Kevin turn so relax when I asked for blood. I regain my control when I tasted the blood touch the tips of my tongue. Slowly, I back away from Kevin. There is a cold breeze blowing against my back. I can feel the cold again. When I turn my head, I saw a black line.


“Butterfly wings.” He repeated and walked closer to me. There are bloods running down from the mark on his neck, but he ignored.  Without a thought, he hugged me again. “I thought something is wrong. I thought you are sick with untreatable disease.” The corner of my mouth lift up by themselves. There is this really close bond between us. Maybe is just the blood connection.


He hug me tighter and I felt warm and peaceful in his arm. When I smell his sense I felt relaxed and comfortable. “I thought you might leave me.” He whispered sadly into my ear.



Haha. The sound of footsteps against the snow travel to my ears. I heard a group of girls laughing. “Kevin! Someone is walking toward this way.” i stare at the road in front of us.


“What!” He exclaimed. “Make your wings invisible.”


“I don’t know how!” My eyes widen. Those people are going to freak out when they see me and we are so doom. Before I can say anything. Kevin pull me to a narrow spaces between the houses. We hide in darkness for a while for those  giggling girls to pass. My wings are pushed against the wall and he arm is around me. I can hear the sound of him breathing against my ears. My hand felt his heartbeat against his chest. His eyes were observing to make sure no one is around.


“They are gone now.” He turn back to me after a few minutes. When he realized that we are too close, he quickly slipped out the narrow space. I followed.


He cleared his throat and takes my hand, “Lets go back to the vampire house. Eli said he is going to protect us while you revolt.”


We hurried our step. The whole time I am following him.  Then I saw the dry blood on the back of his head. I must had hurt him when I was unconscious.  I am such a weak . Weak as human and weak as Vamp. I am not going to let the people around me get hurt anymore. Not the ones around me. Not like my Mother......


I can’t just stand there and let things like this happen again.


Eli

“I didn’t expect a huge snow storm.” G.na stand against the window with fustration. When there are snow and ice, her powers are block unable to use.


“It’s ok.” Jinwoon fill up his cup with steamy coffee again. “Dara and that human is going to stay here anyways.”


“I don’t think he is human.” G.na pout and move the roses away from the windows.


“What do you mean?” I interrupt.


“I felt something different. When I am next to a vampire, my flowers tells me. They counts the existence of vampires around me. Last time, when I met him a new flower blossom, which it usually means I met a new vampire.” G.na frowns at confusion.


Then doorbell rang twice. G.na didn’t move. She is insecure when her power blinded and couldn’t tell who is by the door. “It’s probably Kevin and Dara.” I head to the door and unlock it without checking.


My eyes grew when I saw our visitor. The beating of my heart had stopped. I forgot to breath and no words came to me. The world is silence and a long pause followed. She is everything in my eyes. This might just be a dream. I haven’t woke up yet. She is with long thin hair and a familiar face. A thin dress flow in the air and she smiled at me.


“Eli.” She called my name gently. “I am back.”


“Sohee.” I feel the tears in my eyes. “Sohee.” My arm reach forward and hug her close to me like a bear.


“Where have you been? How come you are still alive? Why didn’t you come find me? What about Heechul?” Every questions rushed to me without a second thought. My tears run down like niagara fall. She didn’t do anything, but stood there. I heard her sigh.


“Eli, Heechul came with me.” She said it in my ear. One sentence end all my questions. Possibly, this is not even Sohee. It might just be some illustration. Heechul walked in our gate. He had his hand in the pocket and as emotionless as always. Hunters have dead eyes. They stare at me lifelessly.


I turn into a statue. I don’t know the situation and I don’t want to. Sohee moved away from me and pat on my shoulder. “He saved my life. He kept me alive. He lived with me in another city. I loved him. So please Eli don’t have conflict with him today.” She looked at the floor. Eyebrows knit together. I waited for her long paused.


“He just want to ask you something today. Let’s just talk nicely and we will be going.” She smiled guilty. Words are much sharper than the edge of a knife. My heart is bleeding to death with the attack. I shut the door behind me and wipe the tears off my face.


“We got nothing to talk about.” I looked at Heechul. “Sohee, you can stay here. Don’t leave again.”

“But... Eli. He won’t hurt me.” Her eyebrows raise as I pull her behind me.


“I need to know where that girl is.” Heechul speaks in a calm voice. He stretched his right hand and wind form around it. A swords slowly formed.


I cool the snow around me and crystal ice fly to my hand. They shatters and turn to a blue sword. “No. Heechul, Eli stop this. We are just here to talk.” Sohee run to the middle standing between us. “I can’t I hate Hunters and you know the reasons.” I look into Sohee’s eyes. She looked away guiltily. “You guys will scared the humans.” She grab on to Heechul’s hand. He gently moved her away.


“Today is perfect timing. Snow...”I smirked. He slashed his sword against the light wind. The snow on the side blow away by it.


I raise my sword and fly towards him like a bullet. He pushed Sohee away and jump back in the speed of lighting. The sharp edge of our weapons met and created an annoying high pitch as I attack him. Heechul’s back hit against the wall. He had nowhere to escape. I pushed the sword on him. His eyes pin on me furiously.  Then I feel the wind sweep towards my right. Quickly. I command the snow raised around me they formed a wall to protect me. I back away with a few jumps. A red line form on my face and blood dripped down my cheek. His attack were soundless and invisible.  The snow wall collapsed and created a white fog.


Heechul is gone. Suddenly, he shoot out the fog running towards me. I was prepare to face his attack, but he disappeared in the air. My nails and fangs expanded. The highly alert mode is on and ready. The redness of my eyes grew and let the power raise. Snow turn into crystal ices. They swirl around me and waiting to protect their master.


My high ability of hearing catch a movement of tree blow by the wind. An ice shell quickly formed behind me like the speed of sound. As expected the wind slash by and breaks against the shell. He then attack from middle air. I raise my sword and block his attack. Pain slashing my hands as the wind around him pick on my skin. The cement floor under me cracked and I kneel with one knee. Blood drop from my hand to my face. One, two, three, they land on my cheek and stream down to my neck.


His eyes grew when he notice a sharp knife form by ice flying towards him. With a quick move he jerk back but cut his sleeve and blood run down his arm. I slashed my sword. The summon of ice air froze around him. He was trapped in a huge ice cube. The ice inside takes every atoms in the air and freeze him through his muscle. His weakness is closure. A calm day like this is working my favor.


He is not my match today.


Before I raise my next move to froze him inside. The ice cube crumbled down. My raised because there is no way he can move inside the cube. Sohee had her sword in her hand standing across from me. She ran towards Heechul and help him up. He is the one being attack and yet I felt the pain.


Heechul push Sohee away again and look at me. “Stop!” Sohee screamed. Heechul and I ignores her and run towards each other. He wave his sword in different directions trying hurt me in every open space. I block and move with strong slash. He is well train with swords. That is the things about Hunters.


Most of them were train to kill us.


It’s their destiny to become a killer and is mines to do the same to them. The ones who killed my parents are them. “Yahhhhh!” I shout with rage remembering the revenge. The speed of my attack increase. He back away and start to defend instead of attacking. I raise my speed about to break his defence. I suddenly felt a pointed needle climb up my leg. They break through my clothing.


Then a bunch of sharp wire tied to our body. We looked at each other in shock. I moved around furiously to break away. A few sharp point poke through my skin. My eyes burn in bright red as I try summon my power. Heechul’s fangs and nails expanded but he didn’t struggle. It’s a vampire’s first instinct to protect themselves.  That’s why our nail will grow out as a quick weapon. However, he did not move to break the sharp wires.


“Eli don’t move!” Sohee run towards us. “You two have to stop.” This is Sohee’s power, metal. I never really find out her real power. She never showed me her power, because every time she fight is a different weapon. It seems like Heechul knew all about it. My heart sank.


An invisible thing hit her in the stomach and she flew. Her body is like a sack of meat hit hard against the wall and drop to the floor. The wires around us lost its power. My eye widen looking at Heechul. His emotionless face makes me angry. How can he hit her like that...


I try to speed up to where Sohee is but before I can do that. My body become heavy. My sword vanished itself. The floor is like a magnet pulling me down to the ground. I collapsed to the floor like an idiot. What is that? The world is dizzy. I scratched my nails in different direction.


Heechul walked towards me, “I guess you know nothing about her. Her real power is poison. Metals were her disguises.” He looked down on me. I am not handing Sohee to someone like him. Even if he knows everything about her.


He raised his sword to stab me. I clap my hands together to hold the side of his sword. The sharp point of the sword move closer and closer to me.


“Why did you treat her like that?” I look to Sohee, who is soundlessly lying on the floor.


“They taught me, ‘No one should get in the way of your mission’.” His eyebrow furrow and the point moved closer to my front head. I closed my eyes trying to gain back my consciousness. I am not going to dead here. Not here.


“AH!” A voice suddenly screamed.


The sword magically become lighter there is no forced. I open my eyes and Heechul is lying on the floor. He touch the red spot on his face. Dara is standing next to me and she helped me up. For a few second darkness try to take over my eyes but I shake myself free from it. “Are you alright?” She questioned. I just nodded to respond. Kevin ran towards Sohee. Jinwoon came out the house to check the situation. He probably heard us.


Heechul’s sword is in my hand. He stood up slowly. Dara probably still remember him hurting Kevin. Vampire’s natural protection for blood connection are powerful. He form another sword in his hand again. Sh*t. I forgot this guy can summon more than one sword.


“Give me that.” Dara took the sword from my hand. “No!” She took the sword from me before I can stop her.


When she walked in front of me, I saw the wing on her back. A black traced wing. The King and Queen from the 90th vampire age have the same wings. This girl is going to become really powerful. No wonder the Hunters pass mission to kill her.


“I was looking for you.” Heechul looked at her with those dead eyes again. He runs towards Dara. Another sword form in his empty hand. With two swords in his hand, he brings his wind with him. I quickly stood up and run to Dara.


“Hold the sword in position!” I screamed. She bring it up to defend herself. I thought the force that Heechul gave will fly her off, but no. She stood in place and eyes look into her enemy. Heechul’s eyes grew in surprise and so did I.


“Ah!” She shouted. She twisted her wrist and slashed the sword like her own pushed Heechul away from her.  Heechul is getting ready to go against Dara.


“Eli! She’s dead!”


All three of us turn to Jinwoon who is examining Sohee on the floor. The sword in Dara’s hand vanished into air. Heechul run towards Sohee’s direction. Me and Dara chase after him. He wants to kill Kevin. No, Jinwoon?


Wind pushed the people away from Sohee. He lift her up with two arm and jump on top the roof. His expression is never seem before. A face of panic and hurry. Then he disappear with the wind. I exhale and relaxed myself. Darkness take over my eyes and I just let them sink in.


I wonder what happen to ‘No one should get in the way of your mission’.

 

 

Updated: April 16, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading :)

Woohoo!! An early update <3

It's really fun to write this story :) I loved it, so I hope you guys will too.

^ ^ Thank you for the comments they make me happy xD.

Tell me what you think about the story so far :)

btw <3 ImI I am a huge heechul fan xD.