Seventh Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Seventh Storm

 

Eli

 

Maybe I am still dreaming, or I turn crazy thinking about her. There is no way Sohee can still be alive. I look at my bleeding fingers that is holding closely to the throne.


“G.na why... ” Jinwoon pull G.na to the door and whisper in her ear.


“But I feel something is here and that rose is Sohee’s.” She stated straightly.


I drop the rose and walked out the door. Then my speed increase as I reach the street. Jinwoon screams behind me but unable to catch up with the speed. If Sohee is not dead, then why didn’t she come find me. If she is not dead why didn’t she keep contact with me. Why didn’t she come and wake me up from this nightmare.


I want to find her, but I am afraid. My fear is to find out she hates me. I jump up the roof and start searching for Sohee’s sense.


“Eli calm down!” Jinwoon followed closely behind. “You will scared the human like that. Let’s just ask G.na to locate her.”


He speed up and grab onto my arm. I stop and hesitated. “You need to find some blood so that Dara won’t be killed during the revolt.” He keeps trying to convince me. “She will come find you, if she is still in town.”


“I just hope to see Sohee again.” I could help it when the memories of her take over my thoughts. Jinwoon sighed and let go my arm. We stop on the roof taking a silent break.


“Let’s go find some blood then.” I finally said and jump down the roof. Jinwoon follow closely behind.


He is right. I should be worrying about Dara now. I should forget that already. Sohee was dead years and years ago.


Kevin

 

I sat there waiting for the person next to me appear. All thoughts came to my mind as I look out the window. Maybe, I shouldn’t act shy and be more playful. I told myself with a smile. No, no, that will look like I am too open. Should I ask her about the blood? My face burn with bright red when I remember the way I touched her back. I shake those nonsense out of my head and bring out the Vampire book.


As a blood source I should be able to know that when will my vampire need blood. I touch the mark on my neck and spaced out for a few second. Until, the bell rang me out of my daydream. Dara is still not in school yet.


“Kevin.” The teacher called me as soon as he walked into the classroom.  “You know where Dara live right?” I nodded. “That girl need some friends, even Bom said she don’t know where Dara live.” He sighed.


“Here are some work for her. Her parent  called that she will be out for a week. Please just bring it to her.” He hands me the folder.


I reach the white door bell. The sound of the ringing bell echo from the inside the house.  A  lady with blond hair opened the wooden door. She is wearing a white cardigan over a black shirt. She greet me with accent, “You must be Kevin. Your teacher called already.” She smiled warmly and pulled me inside the house.


“This is Dara’s work.” I handed her the folder.  “What happen to Dara?” I looked around the warm house.


“Oh. She is sick.” She takes the folder from my hand and then laughed. “Our Dara never had a friend visit her before. Come I will bring you to her room.” I followed her up the stairs. There are a lot painting hanging on the wall as we travel up the stairs. They are all signed in the name of Steve.


She open a door into a light blue room. A smell of flowers puff to my nose. “Dara, your friend is here.” I step into her room and she sat up from her bed. “I am going to make some snack for you.” Dara’s mom walked out the room. Her room is really organized and neat. The wall is painted in light blue and had some decoration on the ceiling.


“Kevin, What are you doing here?” She asked in her weak voice. Her lips are pale and white, however, there is no sign of a cold or fever.


“I brought you homework.” I help her up from the bed.  “What happen?”

“I don’t know. There is a pain on the back, It is like my bones are moving on its own.” She sighed at her weakness. We went quiet for a second.


“Do you need blood?” I turn my voice into a whisper. She look at me with wide eyes and hesitated  for a moment. Then her hand held up my face with her right hand and bite the bottom of her lips. I lean towards her a inches away from her nose. Her soft hand run down my neck and touched my mark.  She suddenly pull me closer, I place my hand on her bed to keep balance. The smell of flower run up my nose.  I hear the sound when she swallows. My heart beat increased rapidly like a deer trying to jump out of my chest.  I can feel myself blushing.


Dara suddenly push me away, then someone knocked on the door. Her mom walked in with a trait of  cake. “Kevin, try some of these before you leave.” She smiled and place the food on Dara’s table then exit out the door. Everything is quiet until her mom left the room.


“Do you still need...”I turn back to her after her mom walked down the stairs. Dara turn really pale and drop back to her bed. Then she start kicking her leg and the blanket on top of her started to fall off. “Dara!” My eyes danced around nervously.


She clenched her teeth together and both her hand over to prevent  screaming. “Dara, What is happening.” There are drops of sweat on her head. I climb up to her bed and pull her towards me. I hug her tightly to calm her down. She curve up like a fox  and taking warmth from my body. I can feel she quivering from the pain.  After a few minute of struggling she calm down.


“Why is this happening?” I asked myself and hug her tightly until she fall into sleep. There is this really strange feeling every time something is wrong with Dara.


I feel threaten when Dara is weak. It’s like the fear of dying...



Eli


“Welcome back.” G.na is in her rose graden watering those red bloody rose. I stare at the water run down the red pedal.

Jinwoon kneel down and start joking with G.na, “Which one is me?”

“That ugly one.” She said it calmly like she is telling the truth.

“Whaaaa....” Jinwoon poured at her and she splash water on his face. I feel a slight smile form on my face. “Omo!” Jinwoon quickly turn to me and joke, “You actually can smile...... Ow!” G.na smack him at the back of his head.


“Eli!” Everyone’s attention turn to the gate, as soon as Kevin run in. He is standing there trying to catch his breath. The air around him turn smoke like as his exhale. “I have to talk to you about Dara.” He eyes are wide open. The space between his eyebrow folded together. “Something is not right.”


We are went in the warm house and sit on the couch like a little meeting. G.na walked to us with coffee as Kevin started the conversation.


“What is happening? She is really sick. I saw that she is struggling from the pain.” He paused. I can hear the sound of the cup made as it was place on the glass table. “I got a feeling that is me. There is this really weird feeling. I feel like I am dying when Dara is in pain.”


“Kevin, Dara is going through a stage.” Jinwoon interrupts.


“I have never take in my blood connection’s blood, so I don’t know what is like.” I informed him.


“Why don’t you find a blood connection?”Kevin asked.

“It’s not easy to find one. The blood connections are human. Vampires gets one blood connection for their lifetime, which is more than 500 years. What are the odds of finding them?” I explained. “Dara is going to be alright.”


“We need to keep her in the vampire house.” G.na suggested as she sat down to join. “She is not safe.”


“I will bring her.” Kevin snapped in before I can say anything.


Kevin

 

I step out the vampire house and started to head back to Dara’s. Little white sparkles of snows down from the sky. I caught one with my hand it melts into water immediately. The trees were bald and one by one the snows are trying to cover the tree. I watch my foot melted the white snow, that are smooth and evenly lying on the ground. Later, I can walk back this same step with Dara.


I called Dara and explain the vampires’ plans. She agree and find a way to come out. When I got to her house, she is waiting outside with shorts and a t-shirt. She is standing in the middle of the street. Snowflake flow to her hand and she stare at it with wide eyes. Her face is pale and white. I run to her taking of my black warm coat and put it on her shoulder.


“Dara! Why are you in so little clothes? Go change.” I scolded her.


“I don’t feel cool.” She dazzled off and eyes one her pam.

“Dara!” I said concernly and then I saw her hand. There are bunch snowflakes in her hand. I can even see the little small details of them.


“They are not melting...” Dara’s words sparked my brain. She has no body heat! I cover her hand with mines and the snows melted instantly. Her hands are cold like frozen ice. is open and eyes on my hand. No word come out of , but her eyes says everything.  She knows she is not a human.


We walked hand in hand to the Vampire house. I didn’t let her take of my coat, even though she won’t get cold. The street is quiet and there are only two of us. I forgot about the cold breeze blow against my skin, because I was staring at Dara. She is in some kind of dreamland. Her eyes are looking at a distant place, that probably doesn’t exist. I turn back looking at the steps we created. My side melted, while hers is just flatten snow.


Then suddenly she pull on my left hand and drop to the ground. She squeezed my hand tightly and scratched the perfect layer of snow on the ground. The she screams painfully and release my hand. It like she is having a seizure. She looked at me with dead eyes and then close them. Her body is frozen like a still rock. There is no movement.  She is lying on the snow like a dead animal.


“Dara!” I trembled and kneel to her level. “Dara don’t scare me.” I wrap my hand around her. With my hand I smooth her long hair and panic.


She push me away and stood up furiously. My head hit the wall. I cough in response and then everything became darker and dizzy. Something is running down my head but I ignored.


Dara ped the coat and throw it to the side. Her eyes focused on her butterfly tattoos on her wrist. Her eyes were hypnotized. The sky is gray and dark. Only the white snow is reflecting its light. A cold wind blow against my skin. Dara’s eyebrow were knit closely, but she didn’t seem like she is in pain.


Then a lava red line draw out of the blue butterfly. It traces a form of another butterfly very slowly. Then the speed increase and one by one I see the redness trace over her shoulder. She close her eyes and it burn over her front head and to the other side of her hand.


“Kevin.” Dara raise her hand to my face and slowly walked closer to me. I tilt my head knowing what she wants. Then her fangs press against my skin and I feel my blood moving. The beating rhythm of my heart increased. I lay my head on her small shoulder.


My eyes grew when a sharp line poke through her shirt. The black line spilt in the center.  It slowly form into shapes and then a small butterfly. The pattern repeats over and over. It like watching an artwork being created. It like someone had a brush and started to paint in mid-air. My eyes must be lying to me.  There is such thing on earth. The line twirled and ended a little taller than Dara.


 

Dara back away from me and our eyes met. Her eyebrow raised confused at my expression. She turn her neck saw the black line and then look back at me again. The wings at her back flaps like a butterfly.


I swallowed and look at the black transparent wings at her back with wide eyes.


“You have wings.”

 

Updated: April 12, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading :)

Hope you enjoy the update

I will be updating every week. Come back ^ ^