Fourth Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Fourth Storm

 

Kevin

 

The rhythm of my heart beat increase as I reach out to grab her wrist. She suddenly exhale a big amount of air as if she was breathless. Her eyes turn away from me as I ask the question. I feel the heat from her warm wrist inside her pocket, where she is trying to hide her butterfly tattoo.

 

“Kevin, I don’t believe in those creatures and myths. ” Her voice sounds a little shaky. She close her eyelid as the long dark eyelashes follows. “I think I am going to the nurse office. Thanks.” Dara avoided the question. She jerk her hand and break away from me. She speeded down the hall and faded into a tiny dot in the long hallway.

 

Dara

 

I raced away from Kevin. At any moment, I felt like I can lose control of myself. Something inside of me is trying to take over. I snugged into an empty classroom and shuts the doors behind me. In the pitch dark, I let my power grow and relax my body. My nose is still lingering to Kevin’s smell and I can’t help but imagine the taste of his blood.

 

CL picked me up with her motorcycle after school. She is in a leather jacket and leopard print pants. Her black high heel make her look more edger and match perfectly with her outfit. I heard a few girls squeal as she drove up the side way. I barely make it out the door feeling like a light feather that can be blow away any minute now. CL mumble the words in her helmet, “Cat you look so pale.” I barely heard her voice.

 

“Let’s go.” I forced a smile on my face, pretending I understood.

She slipped out her helmet as her golden long hair flow out in the air. “Are you sure? I don’t think you can do the concert today. You look tired. We can always tell some others to take over.” CL recommends.

“We already sold the ticket.” I jumped onto the back of the motorcycle.

“If you say so.” She shrugged her shoulder and put her helmet back on.

 

The wind whisper by my ears as the vehicle moved. I took off my hair band and let the wind brush against my hair. The feeling of freedom is so peaceful. Just for that split second, I can ignore the death of my mother, the vampires, and the eagerness for blood.  

 

When we arrive at my normal stage, Eli is standing by the backstage door. CL stop the motorcycle as I jumped off from it. “Yo.” Eli calling me over with his hands .CL turned to him with those sharp eyes examining.


“Who is that?” She sounds like a mother.

“CL. He is...” I search for a quick answer, “He is a friend of mines. I have to ask him something you can go in first.” I smiled at her. She run her eyes though Eli again and walked in the backstage.

 

“What are you doing here!” I exclaimed as soon as CL walked away. “You should leave. I decided to stay as who I am. Lets just pretend I saw nothing that day on the alley. Goodbye.” I bowed to him, but his grabbed me by my arm.

 

“Look, I can scents your weakness and so can every vampires out there.” He paused and waited for my reactions. He seems to be in a hurry and worry. Eli is not so cool and calm as the first time I met him. “Dara, you have to find some blood just for today... maybe my blood.” His brow furrowed.

 

I rolled my eyes at him, “Eli. I don’t want to be a Vamp..”

 

“Then you are going to die!” He screamed. The last word echoed through the alley. I stood there solid like a stone.

 

“What?” I feel the fear of this mystery world that I just step in.

 

“Your vampire power is already active, because of your blood connection between whatever that human’s name. As soon as you say that person’s blood, you power unlocks. However, you didn’t take in blood for a long time that is why you feel weak. Sooner or later your consciousness is going to take over you. By then you will be a real monster!.” He paused to the let me absorb the informations.

 

“I...I...” I lower my head, unable to speak. All these came in too much of a hurry. Why can’t I just be normal and live quietly.

 

“The worst is you are going to be killed by the Hunters.” There is a heat of anger in his voice.

 

“Hunters?” I look back at him.

“They are the type of vampire that kills Blood butterflies. Your parents were probably kill by them too. We are the few Blood butterflies left.”

 

The image of my mother dying by the doorway vividly replayed on the back of my head. I sighed, “What do I need to do then?”

 

He relaxed when he heard my reply, “You stay in the vampire. G.na can look after you. I will keep the human boy safe.”

 

“Wait. What?” I questioned. He ignored me and kissed my tattoo again. The warm heat travel from my wrist to the body.  I knew he is giving me his energy.

 

He lifted his head back up, “The Hunters are probably going to after him first. If the human boy is killed, then you will be a easy target.”

 

“You mean they are coming after me!” Kevin’s voice struck every single one of my brain cell. I turn to the end of the alley. Kevin is standing there with his bicycle. , I forgot he works near here. I want to escape again. There is no way that he can accept that I am a vampire.

 

“I am willing to give my blood to you, Dara.” Kevin drop his bicycle. It hit the concrete created a loud sound. I watch the wheel spinned a few times. He walked to us slowly. Eli looked at me and turned back to Kevin. His eyebrow curved in again.

 

“What..” I try to back away but Eli won’t let me flee. “Kevin, I am not taking it.”

 

“Let’s make a trade.” Kevin’s eye met Eli’s. The smell of irritation flowing in the air. “Cure my mother and I will be your mark.” His brown eye turn back to me. How can anyone look this warm and gentle with every action.

 

His life is chained with mines now. I don’t want to hurt this  man.

Kevin

 

“Mom!” I ran in the house throw the key aside. “Mom!” I headed to the bedroom.

“Oh, Kevin. You are back.” She sits up shakily and slide off the bed.

I walked up to her. The happiness inside of me that can’t express, “Mom, I found the vampires. They can cure you.”

 

Her eyes changed dramatically right after my words. She clenched her fist and nostril expanded. My mother is angry but she is too weak to even show it. “Tell them to go away and thank you for the offering.”She relaxed her hand.

 

“No. I don’t want you to be like this anymore. I want my mother back.” Before I know it, a pain spread from ear to cheek. My head followed the motion of my mother’s hand. I wait for the heat to come up on my face.

 

“Kevin! We are the blood of the vampires. Once you are marked, you are forever a slave under them!... Even when they are dead.” She used all her energy. The hand, she slapped me with, is shaking,“The one that mark by Vampires is no different than being dead!”

 

Her voice started to trail off, “That is why I am slowly dying too.” The tears flooded her eyes and stream down her cheeks. Every movement of hers make her look fragile. “I don’t want you to end up the same. Please, son stay away from them.”

 

I hugged her, “Mom, I won’t die. I promise.” I helped my mother to sit down, “I have a different feeling about these vampires. I am not going to let you stay like this.” I went to the kitchen and grab a cup of water for her.

 

I touch my neck with the tips of my finger. Yes. I am scared, but this is the only way.

 

--------------------------------------

 

That day my mother is heal. She is really quiet when Eli and his friend, Jinwoon came. Her eyes did not meet theirs. I watched the magic happen as Jinwoon released the cold air from his hand.  When Eunha, my sister, came back home, she was filled with joy because mother finally would lift her up and hug her.

 

Eli explained the types of vampires to me and reminded me to get away from the hunters. Even though I got everything through eavesdropping his conversation with Dara.

 

Eli gave me a warning before he left. “Just promise don’t fall in love with Dara, or I should say don’t fall for a vampire.” He walked out the house and disappeared in the air with his friend.

 

I might not be able to keep that promise. Human hearts beats faster than you think.


 

The yellow sun dyed the sky with a  yellow and orange light. Today is different I felt a hundred pound lighter than before. Mother is healed now. My sister can have a mom as she grow up.  I touched my neck wondering when will that tattoo appear.

“Ya!”

I paused and saw those animal again.

Those bullies, who came back a few days later after Dara scared them. “Where is your nerdy girlfriend?” One of them circle around me like I am a item for sale. The other one pushed me to the left and I am played like a football.

“ing move out the way.” I pushed back at one of them. Their eyes grew in surprise. I just want to leave and enjoy my nice day.

“Oh...” The leader of the group joked, “Boys did you heard that. The dog just barked.”

“I guess your girlfriend is gone.” The leader pushed me back.


“Here is her nerdy girlfriend. ” A dark stretched shadow of a girl printed on the floor. “You want me to teach you a lesson again.” Dara put her hand on waist and raise her thin eyebrow. She laughed when they scramble away.

Then she walked to me and held out a hand to me, “Nice to you met you, Kevin. I am the Vampire Dara.” She smile widely showing her teeth. “I think I should start over this time. I will be your shield and never hurt you.” Her smile fainted. She gave me a “I am guilt” look.

I shaked her hand, “I am your blood source, Kevin.” I pulled her into my arms and embraced her. “Thank you for saving my mother.”

She lay her head on my shoulder and we stay quiet as the sun shine on us. I feel really comfortable with her. Maybe, she had casted a spell on me.


Eli

I sat down on the top of the roof, enjoying the view of the night. The moonlight shines on my skin. I stare at the faraway sky as the memories of her flashback to me.

 

“Thinking about her again?” Jinwoon jump up trying to grab on the roof. “Damn. The stairs are really hard to climb!” He complained.

 

“Do you think maybe Dara can just replace her? But I don’t want Dara die like her.” I sound desperate.
Jinwoon sits next to me and brushes off the dust on his pant. “Eli. Don’t blame yourself. She died because of the Hunter not you.” He encouraged me.

“I am her boyfriend, her trusted one and I can’t protect her.” I raged.

“I don’t see a point to continue and live a hundred year. Maybe it’s a good thing for the vamps to die out.”

 

 

Updated: March 26, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading :)
Hope you enjoyed

:] I am on spring break. More time for story xD