Twenty seventh Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Twenty seventh Storm


Dara

I didn’t care if he is going to kill me. Just like Kiseop had said he will need to kill me to survive.


 

A few moment of watching him laying on the ground like the dead had teared my heart apart. If he can live with her death, then she don’t might. A stab in her heart, literally, can save his life.


 

When she reached him, his left hand calm down. His face is ugly deformed by the screaming and growling. The sky suddenly darken and Eli became alerted. A drop of rain landed on her cheek.


 

There we go again. Rain. The rain that is with me when I faced my mother’s death. The rain that is with me when I found out my identity. The rain that is with me when I fell deeply in love with this man.


 

Is this the rain to end my life or to destroy my heart?


 

Kevin stop screaming then his hand left mines. A long sword formed by his left hand. He grab it with backward.


 

I questioned his movement and unable to predict his next movement.


 

He pull the sword away from him. My eyes grew in shock when he pointed the sharp point against himself.


 

“No.” Words comes out of my mouth weakly, then a heavy scream. “No! Kevin! No.” I tried to reach his hand, but too late for me.


 

The sword pierced through his right and blood splattered on my face. He lift up his face and the redness in his eyes faded away. Eli’s ice melted and he dropped to the ground with a kneel. A kneel for me.


 

I quickly supported him.


 

He had a smile on his face and grab onto my hand.


 

“All that training is worth it.” He smiled. Tears washed my face and I sound like I got bad cold. Rain washing the blood as it flood away between the crack on the ground.


 

“What are you doing!”  I scolded.


 

“I trained my left hand to be able to listen to me even when I am taken over.” A light smile appear on his face.


 

“Don’t scare me. You are just playing right? This is fake.” I laughed.


 

“Dara.” He suddenly sound serious as tear and rain washed my face. This time the rain is pouring heavily and is nothing like before.


 

“I am immortal here. If you become the Queen, then I will be able to come back to life.” His voice trail off.


 

Then his eyes slowly closed, “I will just take a nap.” There is a long silence after this man stop breathing.


 

“But is not possible for me to become the queen Kevin.” I planted a kiss on his lips and stood up from the ground.


 

I won’t become the Queen. My purpose is to change the vampire world. But I promise, I will bring you back Kevin. If I become the Queen, then I must kill.


 

But how is that different from any other monster who had kill you.


 

I will bring you back.


 

I will fight for our life.


 

I will change this vampire world.


 

The orange wings spread for freedom. I zoom up the sky headed to the highest part of the world.


 

This is time for me to meet the vampire goddess.  


 

Dark cloud slowly form in the sky. As I fly upward, rain hit against my cheek. The wind blowing away the water from the corner of my eyes.  They are crying. They are crying for the death of their owner.  I zoom through the storm cloud and over the top of the world.


 

I scan around for a sign of the goddess. Maybe she is not human form, or maybe she is not here. Then a voice echo in the empty sky.


 

“What are you doing here? Dara. This is not a place you belong in.” A lady’s voice commanded her.


 

“I want you to end this.” Dara looked around still no one around.


 

“To end what?” The goddess questioned.


 

“You are my god, but you can’t understand the one you have created.”  I challenge.


 

There is a long silence and all I heard is the storm cloud roaring the thunder. I am sorry, Kevin. I have to do this for everyone.


 

I will bring you back. Just sleep for a little bit more.


 

“Dara. You don’t have your memories right.” The voice started again.


 

“I remembered everything already.” I answered with a questioning tone. Did I remember everything?


 

“You didn’t.” The goddess answered, then a long sighed followed. “Every 500 years, there is suppose to be a new King and Queen. They are come to the tournament to fight and become one. That is rule. That is something you are to remember.”


 

“Why are you doing this to all these vampires? Aren’t you our god?”


 

“You call me the goddess of vampire, but I am the goddess of destruction and death.” The voice echo loudly in the sky.


 

“That is why you are doing this to these vampire. Is that why you rip these human like vampire’s heart out. I want my mother and father to come back to me. So did all these other vampires. They want their love ones.”  I try to convince her.


 

She paused again and I waited for the long silence.


 

“Heaven works with its way. Vampires just need to be destroyed or it will take over the human populations.”


 

“You haven’t seen how much emotion can one.”


 

“Please, Dara this is not a place you belong. Unless you come here to exchange or to challenge the god. About the change for vampire world is not possible.”


 

My eye brow furrowed and eyes filled my eyes.


 

“I can’t let a little creature I have created to tell me what I should do.” The goddess explained.


 

“You said you make exchanges and challenges.”  


 

“Yes.”


 

“I have request for both.” I smiled. The wind blowing against my face and my wings flapping in its motion. I stare at the dark cloud. The image of Kevin flooding in my head.


 

“If I can get all the vampires in the tournament to ask for a change, you will give us change.” I requested.


 

“If you can’t?”


“Then you can  destroy us all or do whatever you want with us.”


 

The goddess laughed loudly, “I don’t need that.”


 

“Fine. If I can’t you can put a curse me, you can play with my life like a puppet.”


 

“Ok, deal.” The goddess laughed again. “You are a brave little one.  What is the exchange?”


“I will tell you when time comes.”


 

“Ok. You have one hour to do this. Go on.”


 

I flew back down to the tournament. I am always lagging the heart to touch others. Even my own parents or my foster parents, my friends and my fans. I distanced myself from the ones I love, because I am afraid I will lose them.


 

Kevin pull me out from the dark hole. He lead me to love. The love he have for his friendship. The love he have for his family. The passion he have for everything around thing around him. When he wants to protect, he stands up.


 

I need him back.


 

This time I will do it myself. I will pull him back to me.


 

Just hang on. Soon change will come to us.


 

I stretch my arm waiting to see the ground. Then a hand touched mines. I turn with wide eyes. Luhan is flying next to me. He turn to me with a smile. His bloody hand holding my left hand.


 

“Mission complete.” He smiled.


“Set me free! I want to become human.” His eyes looked right into mines as we zooming through the cloud. We landed on our feet. The same place where Eli is standing. He stood back up next to Kevin’s body. He turn to me with wide eyes that fill with questions.


 

He is expression quickly changed when I said, “I need your help, my friend.”


 

I extended my hand to him. He hesitated for a while then took my hand. “Say it.” A smile slowly form on his face.


 

“We need every living vampire in this tournament to come together.”


“Soon, all of you will become human.”