Twenty fourth Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Twenty fourth Storm

 

Dara

Today is a cloudy day. Everything is really for the vampire tournament which is about to happen. Kevin and I walked back to my house. My foster parent, Steve and Elizabeth, must have been trying to find me.

 

I walked up to the door, but stood there didn’t move at all. All I want is to tell them goodbye. There is a high chance that I will die in the tournament, even though I want to deny it. Distancing from my parent is the best thing I will be able to do. As long as they don’t get involved they will be safe.

 

“Go on.” Kevin gave me an encouraging smile. I nodded and try to clear my thoughts by closing my eyes.

 

I raise my arm to knock, but before that happen the door opened. Elizabeth had her jacket hanging over her arm and Steve is following right behind her. Her eyes grew wide when she saw me. They were quickly filled by tears.

 

Immediately, she drops everything in her hand and hugged me like a bear. “Where are you?” She screams the word. My foster mother, I feel closer to her than anyone else in the world. She is my mother.

 

“We have been trying to find you for a long time. Every single day, we search and search.” She didn’t get angry at me. “I can’t believe you found me first.” She smiled widely and tears rolling down her cheek.

 

“I am not going to stay.” I looked down at the floor and furrow my eyebrow. Steve looked at Kevin who is standing quietly behind me. He got up to him and clenched Kevin’s shirt collar. “Did you do this to our little girl?” He asked angrily.

 

“No!” I put his hand off. A bit scare that Kevin is still on unstable stage with his power.

 

“Then what is it? “ Steve exclaimed, “We love you like our own daughter.” For the first time he got angry at me. Before I never felt like I am in a family. They treat me like a guest everyday and never really see me as one part of home. Elizabeth breaks into heavier crying.

 

“I found my mother and father.” I blur the words out.

 

Both of them went quiet and looked at me. “I am not who I am. These day when I am gone, I realize that I am some different.”

 

“You are not to us.” Steve answer calmly.

 

“I want to keep you two save. I am full with gratitude that you give me the family love I won’t be able to find..” I felt tears running down. “There is something I need to find out. If I am able to come back, I will come home again. Please wait for me.” I kiss my parent on the cheeks.

 

“Both of you are my parent. The most important people in the world.” I smiled and bow to them.

 

On the way back to the vampire house, Kevin and I stay quiet. He didn’t mention a word about what is going to happen. He didn’t ask why I have to tell my parent this.

 

All he did is took my hand and we walk side by side. I love his soft hand. It makes me feel safe and protected. I felt like I have someone to lean to if I am in any trouble.

 

Before entering the house, I stopped Kevin. We stood in G.na’s small rose garden.

 

“There is something I need to tell you.” I kept my eyes on the ground.  He is still holding my hand and turn to me.

 

“I liked you, Kevin.” We looked into each other’s eyes. Both looking shock. Then I shake my head, “No, no. I see you as someone I want to spent my whole life with. I am sure is not the blood connection. I can not think of anyone else to take your place.”

 

I went quiet after I finished my confession. He looked at with his eyebrow furrow. It’s a face of rejection.

 

“I want to tell you these before we go into battle.” I smiled at him and pull away from his hand. I understand his reply. I didn’t expect him to like me back. He might know that the affection between a vampire and blood source. I headed toward the door and just as I touch the doorknob, Kevin started talking.

 

“Why would you do this?” He sound depress and solemn.

 

“Why would you like me?” I can tell he want to cry but held back. “You know who I am. You know that even if you liked me nothing will change.”

 

“I don’t know.” I answered, “But I want to be honest with myself and you.”

 

“My might break your heart.” Kevin turn around. “I would kill you one day.”

 

He took a step towards me. I didn’t move standing there. His eyes turn red and speed walk to me. With his hand in front like in a battle mode, he run to me. I didn’t move a inch. He stop right in front of me.

 

His nose right above mines just a lean we can touch each other. The redness in his eyes fainted away. “Just like than I could kill you.” He looked at me and his eyes turn soft.

 

I loop my arm around his waist and pull him to me. “Then do it, I will not hurt you. If I need to choose to kill you or to die, I would do what I just did.”

 

“You won’t.” Kevin reply before I can continue.

 

“What do you mean?” I looked up at him. His eyes looks died. Wind blow by the garden and bring the red petal in the air.

 

“I would kill myself before I can hurt you.”

 

He pushed me farther from him and headed back in the house. I stood there are my brain screaming for a solution.

 

Then I heard a man’s voice in the air, “Dara.”  I quickly turn around unable to sense where the voice come from. A sharp edge hit my brain. Goosebump raise on my skin.

 

“Who is it?” Luhan asked.

 

“It’s nothing.” I enter the house trying to keep my calm face. Why? Why did that voice just filled my mind with horror?

 

When I open the door, Kevin is standing right in front of me. He is breathing heavily. Eyes fill with anger and fear, then he spoke. “We have a guess.” His eyebrow slowly knit together.

 

When he move out the way, I can tell the house is completely destroyed. Eli is in his alert mode, nails extended and eyes dark red. It seems like G.na and Jinwoon found a same place, because they are no where to be found.

 

The ceiling had a big hole. I quickly walk under the it. “Where is CL?” I turn to Eli. He look up the ceiling.

 

“They had her.” Eli summon his sword. Kevin did the same. I glance at his weapon. Shape and laser like. I wonder what is his new power.

 

I summon mines dark sword and fire burst out the weapon.  Then something fly towards me from the top, CL.

 

I jump and catch her. She is still injured. When she saw me, her eyes grew wide and tears flow down her bloody cheek. “Your father. He is here.” She looked up. G.na’s rose vines travel up from the ground and pull CL to their hiding place.

 

“I want my revenge so bad.” CL told me before, I let go of her hand. “But now I realize it doesn’t do me any good. I want to live.”

 

“You will.”I smooth her hair.

 

“He wants to kill us. All of us.” CL squeeze my hand. “This is no different than the vampire tournament. He will kill you.”

 

I manage my face expression and stood up. “That won’t happen.” I look up the ceiling. I can feel the flame growing around my body. Then the back wings extended. My feet lift off the ground.

 

“Let’s go.” I fly up the ceiling. Eli and Kevin follow with a high jump.

 

“Dara...” It’s that voice again. Playing with my ears and keep calling my name.  I stop in mid-air and search around the second floor. Then I went straight to the roof, breaking the wall between it.

 

“You found me.” A man smile sitting in mid-air. He look young around 25 in human age.

 

Then I notice his wings they are bright blue color. It have no specific shape. It flows around him like blue air. He had a tall nose and large eyes. He didn’t look like an adult more like an immature teenager.

 

“We meet again.” He smiled.

 

Then another guy suddenly appear next to him. He bow to the that man and called him, “Master.” Then he whisper something in his ear.

 

“I guess Heechul is too weak to handle his power.” The man called Master smiled slyly.

 

“Boy come to me.” He point at me and move his fingers. Eli and Kevin looked at me and show confusion.

 

Then suddenly Luhan jump out my body. The fire died down, but the black coal wing is still supporting me in mid-air.

 

“Impressive. Looks like you have more than one elements, young lady.” The man smirk. Then he look at Luhan.

 

“Come to me.” Luhan look like he had been hypnotised. He walked  slow towards him.

 

I fly my swords toward the man before Luhan can get to him. He douge and laughed. I command a million drop of coal hitting on them.  “No one can touch my awaken. Light it up.” I command.

 

Luhan snap out his zone and gave me a sad look. He turn light the coal on fire. The man laughed and laughed, “That’s your name?” He forced the fire out of his way.

 

“You must be Dara.” He finally turn to me. “You are as strong as you mother.” The way he said the words irritates me.

 

“Kevin, Eli.” He smiled, “They will be your biggest enemy.”

 

“Shut up.” I stare at him. “What the hell do you want?”

 

“King. I want to control the human world. Vampire should be the high class of all these creatures.” The man look up in the sky and blue air flow around with him. “I don’t want anyone else to win, but me.”

 

“That is why you killed all the strong one.”

 

“So I can be stronger!” He scream interrupt my sentence.

 

“Who are you?” I ask hoping to hear a different answer.

 

“Your father.” He smiled and fly around me.

 

“Never had one.” I sighed.

 

“Oh.” He drags the word, “You did. I just took over his body.”  My eyes grew and I looked at him with a dark red eyes.

 

“I am his awaken. He is gone.”

 

The man move towards me and whisper in my ears.


“And you will too!”

Updated: July 30, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading

Sorry for the late update

Have been busy this week

FIGHTING !!!!