Nineteenth Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Nineteenth Storm


Kevin

I head back into the house as my mother sat on the couch with her hands over her face. The white gray hair on her head had increase. She had aged a lot lately. All those fear are making her age faster.


“Mom.” I sat next to her and smooth her back. “Are you feeling alright?”


“I can’t believe that young man passed away.” She shakes her head shock by Jinwoon’s news. “It’s all my fault. Now Eunha is sick and you are fighting vampires. I am sick of this . I can’t protect any of my children.”


“Mom. It’s not your fault.” I sighed.


“I knew you hated me Kevin.” She looked at me with those tired eyes. “The day when your father died, I gave up on living. You are the one who took over your father’s position and helped the family.” She place her hand on top of mines.


“I really don’t want to get involved with the vampires again. Let’s take Eunha and leave this place.” She smooth my face and tears stream down her face. “Look at you. You don’t look human anymore.” Her hand touched the tattoo on my neck.


“Mom. I want to know who kill Dad. Plus, he left his awaken with Eunha that means he wants me and Eunha to become a vampire.”


“No.” She shakes her head, “No, Kevin. You don’t know how mess up the vampire world is. Everyone is like animal. Greedy for power to overrule”


She her cracked lips and pull up her sleeves. My eyes grew in horror looking at her disfigured arm. I have never notice that, because she always wears long sleeves. Part of muscle on her arm is missing. The scar look like animal scratch.


“A little girl gave me this.” She touch the scar with her finger tips. “That night a tall man and a little girl break the wall and walked in the house to fight us. It was really sudden that the little girl slash her claws at you. I push you away and take the cut. You hit the table and fainted.”


My jaw hung open and eye brow furrowed, confuse that I have no memories of the events. “They had a long fight. Both of them is half wounded. A woman appear a few minutes later. She calm down the little girl and help your father. The tall man finally went away after knowing he had a lose situation.”


“Who is that woman?” I asked.


“I don’t know her name, but she did helped us a lot.” She smiled lightly.


“Then how come I lost all my memories.” I questioned. Dara and Eli enter from the door and joined us by the couch. They look at me and my mother as she continues.


“Your father’s other skill is to wipe out all the memories. He erase you and that little girl’s memories.” She looked at Eli and Dara and nodded as they greet.


“Then what happen?” Dara asked.


“The women and her little girl left. But Kevin’s father can’t heal the wounds from that fight. He know that one day he is going to die. As you know if a vampire dies, his awaken and blood source die with him. That is why he left his awaken with Eunha.” She sighed. “Let’s just go. Your father is only meant to keep us alive.”


I stood up and shaked my head, “He meant for us to keep ourselves alive.”


She stood up too, “No. Let’s just go.”


“Mom!” I losted my temper and quickly relax when I realize I am too loud. “It is why I didn’t like you after our father die.”


She look at me with a shock expression.


“You keep escaping. Everything that had troubles scares you. I want to be strong. I don’t want to be pushed around.” I grab my mother’s hand.


“But you are strong. You hold up the family when I was sick.” She touch my cheeks warmly.


“I was bullied for all these years. You don’t know how much I want to be dead, but I hate running away. That is why I am still alive.” I look her in the eyes. “I am not going to escape. If this is my destiny I will accept it.”


She didn’t say a word after than. My mother sat herself back down staring at the blank floor. Then there is a few minutes of quiet.


“You are right.” She chuckled and put her hand over her face. Then she started to cry, “My son is grown up. As a young kid you done so much for me. How can I ever pay you back as a human being?”


I went up and embrace her. “You don’t have to you are my mother.”



Around mid-night me and Dara went out for a walk to get some supplies and food for my mother and sister. After all human needs food and the vampire house only have blood. Dara insist to go with me, because she is scared that I will faint and never wake up again.


“Kevin, why are you so quiet?” She tilt her head at me.


“Nothing.” There is something.


It bothers me that Eli and her got closer.


“Are you hiding anything?” She asked.


“No.” I kept quiet again.


She pout and kicked the little rock on the road. It flew and hit a hole on the public trash can. “Oops.” She mouth the words.


I try to hold  in my smile.


“These vamp power!” She complained  looking at her hands.


“So how did Eli helped you with your awaken.” I glanced at her from the corner of my eye.


“He talk and inform me about how he tamed his awaken.” She put one of her hand under her chin, “He gave me blood and took...” She suddenly stop talking.


“Took what?” I asked softly.


“He...” She snap her fingers as if she is trying to think of a word. “took the blood of blood with him.” Then she laughed awkwardly as her eyes danced around trying to avoid me.


I took a look at her and saw the bite mark around her neck. I stop walking, let things in my in mind processed. She turn around, “What is it, Kevin?”


I quickly frown and grab her arm. With my strength I push her against the wall. I lift up her chin lean in to exam her neck. The bite mark a still fresh. I felt a hot heat around my neck and ear. She look at me as if I have gone crazy.


“Kevin?” She softly called my name, “You are scaring me.”


“You gave him blood?” I look at her with rage. “Why did you gave him blood!” Her face went blank surprised by me.


I sighed, “I am sorry. I got so angry all of a sudden.” I place my elbow over her head. She look up at me with her confused and worried expression. I realize I am way taller than her.


“You haven’t take any blood lately.” I exhale.


“Kevin are you jealous?” She touch my face with her finger.


“N..” I stuttered and blink uncomfortably, “No.”


She furrowed her eyebrows, “I don’t want you to be angry.”


“That is because you share blood with Eli.” I lay my chin on her shoulder. “You are mines.” I whispered.


“Kevin. I always wonder if the attraction between us is just because of blood connection.” She sighed.


I shake my head listening to her words. “I will not let that happen then.” I can’t see anyone being close to Dara. The blood source shouldn’t be angry when a vampire takes blood from another person. I can’t.


I lift my chin of her shoulder and exchange looks with her. My eyes trace down her face pause at her lips. Those soft lips that touched against my neck.


She inhale and exhale nervously. I lean in and press my lips against hers. She responds to my movement. I heard the way she breath. She move her fingers at my back making my head jump. I pull away when I realized that my heart is about to jump out of my chest.


She looked at me with her eyes wide open and biting her lips. She blushed when her eyes and mines meets.


I swallowed nervously and started to walk back to the vampire house.


Dara

I lean against the wall with my hands place over my heart.


What was that?


Then a smile slightly light up my face.


“Oh god.” Luhan’s voice echo in my head.


“Luhan?” I looked around.


“Please tell me. You don’t like that boy.” He said.


“What do you mean? I can like whoever I want.” I sat on the ground.


“No. You can’t.” He sighed, “Kevin is a half vampire.”


“So?”


“Don’t you know?” I can see him raising his eyebrows at me, “All half vampires wants to become a full vamp. It’s their first instinct. The only way for a half vampire to be full vampire is to kill their  vampire who takes blood from them.”


Kill...


Kevin will have to kill me one day.


“You and him have a strong attraction, that is because you like his blood and he like your power.”


Sometimes things just have to stab your beating heart.


“You can like anyone, but not Kevin.”

 

Updated: June 21, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading :)

Please look forward to the next chapter  ^^

new character coming up :D

See the different road that Kevin is going to take (wink wink)

LOVE YOU READERS :D