to everyone.

Retrograde Motion

first of all, sincerest and deepest apologies to everyone that saw this was updated and thought there was another chapter only to find this. you probably want to kill me, right? it's ok. i understand. T__T

i'm sure many of you saw this coming, but... i'm discontinuing this sequel. there's a few reasons.

1. i felt really pressured to write this, and in the end, it caused me to never want to look at it again. lol. i'm a people pleaser, and with so many people begging for a sequel, i felt like i had no choice. i didn't want to let anybody down, but i think i'm letting even more people down now. 

2. i liked awkward the way it was. i really didn't think it needed a sequel and even though there were a few that agreed with me (THANK YOU I LOVE YOU) the majority of the people wanted a sequel. but i didn't really understand why. i mean... there's literally nothing else that could happen to wrap up the story any better? (UNLESS.... YOU ALL WANTED . ICU U S :3) the plot that i had semi-outlined for the sequel was barely even a plot. if it really makes you feel any better, here's a short rundown: yeol starts taking university classes and baekhyun is left by himself awwwh poor bb and chanyeol meets like kris and all these other cool chinese kids in uni bc where else are you gonna meet a whole group of cool chinese kids and yeol becomes pretty good friends with them all and since baek's arm is like broken or smth and oh yeah he has to go to summer school because he's a ding-dong he feels sort of left out and stuff and all of a sudden yeol is the popular one and going to parties and and kris likes him bc he's a creeper and baek is just sort of there and tao is stalking him bc baektao forever and so baek is like insecure and stuff but yeol's all like BUT WHY THO and then they do it the end?? 

so see...? you really weren't missing anything. e_____e

3. tbh. my writing style has really changed since i wrote awkward (at least to me, but some people don't think so idk) and trying to get into like that mindset again was sort of hard? idk its hard to explain. 

so many people were like 'OMG WAT IS SHE THINKING SHE HASN'T UPDATED ANYTHING SINCE LAST YEAR SHE'LL NEVER--'

yeah well guess what you were right. i'm sob. 

so even though i bet every single person reading this right now wants to kill me, i just wanted to thank you guys one and final time for all the support you gave awkward and this sequel, even though it was just one chapter. it's my baby. it always will be sob sob and some of the memories i've collected while writing it and the amazing people i've met because of it... i'm cry. 

that being said i think it's time to like... move on? i have a lot of different things i'm working on now and for a while i was happy with 'awkward' being the one thing i contributed to the fandom but now i want to do more. just because i feel like i can do more and i miss actually being a part of things.

does that even make sense otl. 

so before i say goodbye and you all go and like plan ways to plot my death. i just want to say... i have a peace offering? don't deny it lol but the majority of you wanted this sequel so you could have right? lolololol well i have evil friends who force me into doing things that make me awk and uncomfortable so i have baekyeol for you. PLUS. omg its already finished so you don't have to worry about me never updating it ahhh. so the link to that is here. it's my last chance to make this up to you guys so read it. READ IT!!! 

lastly, to ana. gosssh i hope you read this. i wanted to write this for you. bc you supported me and were such a great friend to me and you deserved it. i hope you understand and i'm sorry for letting you down. hopefully in the future i'll have something ten times better and it will be all for you. i love you!~