The ultimate sacrifice

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Get the car you idiot! Hurry!” CG hissed at his men as they hurried down the darkly lit corridor.

 

“The car is outside sir.”

 

“If we get caught I’m going to hang you all-” he spat out just as they turned the corner. He stopped when he saw a dark figure at the end of the corridor. He squinted his eyes for a moment before gritting his teeth angrily, “Get him!”

 

JIyong’s eyes flickered up to meet CG’s in the dark. He was badly beaten and bruised. He could still feel the warm blood dripping down his face from the head wound but he only focused on one thing. And that was to make CG pay for everything he’d done to Dara.

 

 

“I said get him!!” CG screamed at his men.

 

The four men quickly pulled their guns out and ran towards Jiyong shooting at him. Jiyong ducked in time and shot one of the men in the neck.

 

The guy clasped his bleeding neck and grabbed one of the other men. JIyong used this as a distraction and shot the other guy in the head.

 

He then stormed towards the other two before punching them to the ground. He grabbed one of them and dragged him roughly towards CG who was now in shock at the scene in front of him.

 

Jiyong threw the guy at CG’s feet and then shot the guy dead in front of CG’s eyes. The blood splattered onto CG’s face and he startled slightly.

 

Jiyong's deathly glare slowly crept up from the dead body to CG. CG couldn't help but feel pure fear in that moment from just looking into JIyong's eyes.

 

JIyong's eyes looked pure black, only filled with pure hatred. He’d completely given in into his anger. He’d gone back to how he was before Dara. He was GD now.

 

CG fell to the floor, gasping for air and scrambling backwards as GD slowly edged towards him.

 

 

“I have spent days thinking of all the ways I can kill you” GD muttered through gritted teeth.

 

CG’s eyes widened and he gulped in fright. He frantically looked around the corridor hoping someone would save him, but he was too scared now to even scream.

 

 

“Which way will be the slowest?” GD hissed as he got his gun out and shot at CG’s leg.

 

“AAAAHH!” CG screamed in pain and grabbed his bleeding leg.

 

 

“What method will hurt the most?” GD growled and then shot CG’s arm.

 

“AGHH!” CG clutched his arm in agony and looked at GD with pleading eyes, “no…please.”

 

 

“No?” GD furrowed his brows, “No what?!”

 

 

“…don’t…kill me…” CG stuttered in a state panic as he tried to scramble backwards pathetically.

 

 

GD clenched his jaws in anger, “Don’t kill you?”

 

 

CG nodded and clasped his hands together, “I…I want to live! Please! I'll do anything please!!”

 

 

“You want to live?!” GD shot at his other arm again, "YOU WANT TO ING LIVE?!"

 

 

“AGHHH!” CG curled up on the floor and clutched his bleeding arms.

 

 

“You want to ing live?” GD hissed as he leaned over CG, “…She…” GD stopped himself for a moment, “…she wants to live too…Dara…” GD closed his eyes.

 

 

“…I’m…I’m sorry” CG begged, “please don’t kill me…I'll...I'll give her the antidote please”

 

Jiyong gritted his teeth knowing he didn't have an antidote. "AGH!" he hit CG across the face with his gun.

 

"please...please...I don't want to die....no.." CG whimpered in the corner.

 

“If Dara was begging you like this…what would you do?” GD whispered in his ears.

 

 

CG shook his head fervently, “…please…please”

 

 

"You'd laugh in her face and finish her off" GD grabbed CG's neck in rage, "So I'm going to do the same...I’m going to murder you” he hissed as he placed the gun on CG’s head, “And I’m going to enjoy every single moment-“

 

 

“DON’T DO IT GD!”

 

GD furrowed his brows and turned around to see two men in police bullet vests with guns. It was the chief and G.O.

 

“Get lost” GD hissed before turning back to CG.

 

“We can’t do that GD!” Chief Kim said stepping forward.

 

“I said get lost!” GD growled angrily not taking his eyes of the coward in his hands.

 

 

“Leave CG with us” G.O stepped in, “He will get what he deserves!!”

 

“He deserves to die!” GD growled before pressing the gun more into CG’s head.

 

 

“…please…please” CG pleaded.

 

“No!” Chief shouted, “He’ll get worse than that! He’ll rot in jail for all his life-“

 

“THAT’S NOT ENOUGH!“ GD growled as he grabbed CG by the collar

 

 

“Think about Dara!” Chief suddenly shouted.

 

GD froze at the mention of Dara’s name.

 

 

Chief realised this might be a way to get GD to leave CG.

 

“Exactly…we heard about Dara…the condition she’s in. That’s why you’re here aren’t you? You must care a lot about her to be doing all this?” Chief asked.

 

GD twisted his face in pain as he thought of Dara.

 

 

“You care about her don’t you?” G.O asked slowly as he nodded at chief.

 

 

"That’s why I need to kill this b*stard before he hurts her again” GD muttered through gritted teeth.

 

 

“That’s not what Dara would want GD!” Chief Kim said, “I know her like my own daughter! She wouldn’t want this! I know she’d hate to see you kill someone!”

 

 

GD’s eyes flickered slightly. Chief was right. After everything GD had finally changed because of Dara. He’d stopped seeing the world as a bleak and dark place to live in. He’d started hoping for a future with Dara. He’d started to have a conscience about everything.

 

 

“No matter what CG has done, you can’t kill him GD. He will pay for everything he has done, but killing isn’t the way…didn’t Dara ever tell you?” Chief asked again.

 

 

GD remembered the way Dara used to look at him so frightened when he killed or hurt people. That look of disappointment always made him feel like he wasn’t good enough for her. But CG had hurt Dara. He couldn’t just let him go.

 

 

“Think about Dara GD” G.O said, “She needs you right now…you shouldn’t be here with him! Trust us when we say we’ll take care of it!”

 

 

 

“…she needs me…” GD’s face fell slightly as he turned back to look at the cowering guy who had inflicted so much pain on Dara. CG was nothing but a coward. A being that will never be capable of anything good. But Jiyong…he was different. He was a good man. Like Dara said, he was a good man. GD wanted to be Jiyong again, he wanted to stay as Dara’s Jiyong.

 

 

Slowly Jiyong let go of CG’s collar and fell back numbly.

 

CG scrambled back and sighed heavily. He looked at Jiyong with daggers in his eyes now as he reached for something in his jaket pocket.

 

 

The cops took a deep breath of relief and put their guns away.

 

 

 

“…dara…I need to go to her” Jiyong mumbled to himself before slowly getting up. He turned around and faced the men tiredly, “…I need to-“

 

 

“GD!” G.O shouted suddenly.

 

 

Jiyong’s lips parted and his brows furrowed as he felt a sharp stab pierce through his back.

 

 

“UGH!” CG pulled the knife out of Jiyong’s back with an evil grin  and stabbed him again.

 

 

“Agh” Jiyong fell to his knee and reached his hand around his torso to his back. His eyes flickered slightly when he felt a gush of blood trickle down his hand.

 

“ARGHH!” CG went to grab the knife again but this time Chief shot CG’s arm making him fall back.

 

 

 

G.O quickly handcuffed CG, “You b*stard! I’ll make sure you rot in jail for the rest of your pathetic life!”

 

CG started to laugh maniacally now, "AHAHAHAHAHAAHHA"

 

"GET UP!!" G.O roughly pulled him off the ground.

 

"IN THE END GD I WIN!! DARA'S GOING TO DIE AND SO ARE YOU!!" CG screamed as he was led away, "LOVE?!! WHAT DID THAT GIVE YOU IN THE END??!! THE GREAT GD AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHA!!"

 

"Shut up!!" G.O punched CG angrily and dragged him out.

 

 

JIyong fell to his side and he watched as G.O take away CG.

 

“GD!!”

 

 

They turned around to find TOP, Daesung and Junho running towards them.

 

 

TOP stopped in his tracks when he saw Jiyong on th floor, “…G..” he ran up to him and fell to his knees, “GD?!”

 

Jiyong looked up at TOP with blood shot eyes, he coughed slightly and blood started dripping out from the corner of his mouth. With great difficulty he managed to speak “…the drug…did you get it?”

 

 

TOP looked at him in horror as GD coughed up more blood in front of him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie! Hurry!” Bom ran to meet Gummy in the garden, "Come on!!" she started climbing into the window and then tried to pull Gummy through the window.

 

“Hold this!” Gummy handed her the bag before she pushed herself up.

 

“OVER THERE!”

 

 

Bom and Gummy turned around to see men running towards them.

 

“Unnie! Come on!!” Bom held her hand out.

 

Just as Gummy reached for her hand, a guy pulled Gummy back into the garden.

 

“NOO!” Bom screamed.

 

 

“Get off!” Gummy shouted as she struggled to free herself.

 

The guy got his gun out and aimed it at Gummy’s head.

 

 

“No!” Bom shouted as she pulled her gun out.

 

 

“You’re outnumbered! Don’t waste your time!” The men laughed.

 

 

Bom panicked. She had to free Gummy. She was the only one that could save Dara.

 

 

“You want me!” Bom suddenly shouted.

 

“Bom!” Gummy protested knowing what she was doing.

 

“Shut it!” The man grabbed Gummy by the hair to keep her close to him.

 

 

“You…you want me…I’m one of the cops that CG wants” Bom said as she started to climb over the window and into the garden.

 

 

Gummy shook her head, “…no Bom…”

 

 

“Take me! Let her go!” Bom pleaded, “…please don’t hurt her…nothing can happen to her”

 

 

The guy furrowed his brows, “You seem to want to protect her badly…why’s that?”

 

Bom’s eyes flickered up at the men nervously, “Just take me please.”

 

 

“Why can’t anything happen to her?” the man asked again as he held Gummy by the neck now.

 

 

Gummy struggled to free herself while Bom panicked unable to do anything.

 

“Bom!! Just take the bag and get out of here!!” Gummy shouted angrily, “Go!!”

 

 

Bom shook her head, “No unnie! You know I can’t!! You’re the only one who can help her!!”

 

 

“Help?” the guy interjected befre turning to look at Gummy quizzically, “Help who?”

 

 

Bom stepped forward, “No one!! Now leave her alone and take me!!”

 

 

“Help who?” the man growled, “Ah…Dara?”

 

 Gummy froze up and looked away.

 

 

“Ah…so you’re the one that’s been trying to make the antidote?” the guy smirked, “It’s too bad you won’t be able to use it on Dara-AGHHH!”

 

The guy dropped onto his knees revealing Sungjoon behind him with a flower pot in his hands, “Who says Dara won’t get it you b*stard!”

 

 

“Sungjoon?!” Gummy asked in shock but before Sungjoon could answer the other men started to attack them.

 

“UGH!” Bom kicked one of them into the bushes and kicked his gun out of his hand.

 

Sungjoon threw the flower pot at someone’s face before punching him to the ground.

 

 

Gummy grabbed the bag tightly just as one of the men tried to grab her but she ducked and tripped him over.

 

 

“Need help?!” Taeyang and Seungri arrived making the others sigh in relief. The two guys swiftly disarmed the men and got rid of them.

 

 

“Noona Dara’s been shot” Seungri said running to Gummy.

 

“What?!” Bom exclaimed.

 

“Come on! We have to get to Dara!” Gummy replied before running off towards the back room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We need to get you to the hospital!” TOP shouted as he got Jiyong into the car.

 

JIyong shook his head with difficulty, “…take me…to Dara…”

 

“GD! Listen to me!!”TOP growled.

 

Jiyong pushed him away weakly before trying to get out of the car, “…she…needs me…”

 

“GD!!” TOP pulled him back in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie!!” CL grabbed Gummy as soon as she arrived, “She’s waking up!!”

 

Gummy ran to Dara and checked the gunshot wound before checking Dara’s pulse.

 

Dara’s face was covered in cold sweat, her brows were twisted together and her dry lips parted trying to gasp for air. She was still asleep but only just.

 

“I need to treat her wound!” Gummy panicked, “Her pulse is too faint.”

 

 

“But what if she wakes up?” Taeyang asked.

 

Gummy looked at Dara not knowing what to do.

 

 

“If she wakes up she’ll be in pain unnie” Bom went to her, “Can’t you sedate her again?!”

 

Gummy shook her head, “I don’t know, she’s injured and weak and she’s already had two doses in less than 24 hours! I don’t know!”

 

Sungjoon now went up to her and kneeled down beside Dara, he checked Dara carefully, “Gummy if we don’t treat her now she’s not going to survive. We need to get her to a hospital-“

 

“You think those men out there are going to let me take her to the hospital?!” Gummy shouted angrily, “Don’t you think I know she’ll die if I don’t do anything?!”

 

 

Sungjoon placed his hand on her shoulder, “Then we’re going to have to treat her here.”

 

 

Gummy looked up at him in shock, “You wan to take the bullet out here?”

 

 

“Is that even possible?! How can you just operate on her here?!” Cl asked.

 

“It’s the only way!” Sungjoon replied as he took his bag out and laid out all the apparatus needed. He then turned to the boys, “Guard the door!”

 

 

The boys nodded and headed out with their guns in hand.

 

 

He then turned to the girls, “I’m going to need your help. Can you do that?”

 

 

The girls looked at each other nervously before nodding.

 

 

“Minzy get me that bottle of whisky over there!” he pointed at the drinks cabinet as he got his equipment ready, “Gummy sedate her.”

 

Gummy’s eyes grew wide, “If I give her anymore she's going to die!!"

 

“We don't have any other choice right now!!" Sungjoon retorted.

 

Gummy took a deep breath and pulled out a dose of sedative and started preparing.

 

 

“I need light! CL bring that lamp over here” Sungjoon ordered as he ripped Dara’s top.

 

“Bom-“he stopped when he saw Bom’s bleeding arm.

 

Bom looked down at her arm and hid it subconsciously.

 

 

“Gummy after you’re done, help Bom-“

 

“No” Bom retorted, “I’m fine…just please save Dara.”

 

Sungjoon sighed before turning back to Dara, “I need to get the bullet out…it doesn’t look like it’s touched her heart…but it might have entered to her right lung… I'm going to make an incision” he poured the whisky over the scalpel to sterilise it, "Gummy keep an eye on her pulse!"

 

 

Gummy nodded and grabbed Dara's wrist.

 

Sungjoon made the incision and grabbed a cloth pressing it to Dara’s chest to stop the heavy bleeding, “We need to get the bullet out and see for any internal damage before she bleeds to death!”

 

 

“Bleeds to death?” Minzy gasped.

 

 

Sungjoon got the forceps and widened the cut before entering the incision.

 

 

“Once I take the bullet out there might be some heavy bleeding. If that’s the case then you need to wipe the blood away as fast as you can so I can stitch up any damaged arteries do you understand?!” Sungjoon asked the girls.

 

"Sungjoon her pulse is getting weaker!" Gummy said nervously as she checked Dara's breathing.

 

"...do something!" Bom stuttered.

 

 

“Bom! I need you to focus!” Sungjoon raised his voice, “I need you four to be prepared.”

 

 

The girls nodded nervously and waited with cloths in their hands.

 

 

“I think I can feel the bullet…from its position I don’t think it’s lodged in the lung which is good…but….it might have cut through a vessel…” he got hold of the bullet with the forceps and looked at the girls, “I’m going to pull out the bullet now…you girls ready?”

 

“Yes-AHHH!” they screamed in shock when they heard gun shots being fired outside.

 

“Focus!” Sungjoon shouted at them, “Focus here!”

 

 

*BANG* *BANG*

 

 

Cl turned back to the door in panic. What if the boys got hurt?

 

 

“CL!” Sungjoon shouted, “I need you to focus here! Dara needs you!”

 

CL slowly turned back around and her eyes fell on Dara lying limply and helpless on the hard floor.

 

 

“Can you do this?” Sungjoon asked a little quieter.

 

CL nodded slowly.

 

"Sungjoon her pulse!" Gummy raised her voice, she could hardly feel Dara's pulse now.

 

*BANG* *BANG*

 

The girls flinched but they kept their eyes on Sungjoon’s hands as he pulled out the forceps. As soon as he did blood started to trickle out of Dara’s chest.

 

The girls wiped he blood away fervently as Sungjoon sighed in relief. The bullet hadn’t damaged a main artery.

 

"Oh god....I can't feel her pulse..." Gummy stuttered, "Stitch her up quick!!"

 

Sungjoon got the needle and started to stitch Dara in a hurry.

 

 

"!! DARA!" Gummy shouted as she leaned over to see if she was breathing.

 

“What...what is it?” Bom asked nervously.

 

Gummy shook her head as she felt Dara's pulse again, “I don’t know…her pulse is too weak…she’s lost too much blood and the sedative has slowed down her heart rate…she needs medical care…and…and I can’t help her anymore” she burst into tears, “I…don’t know what else I can do to help…I don’t know if she’s going to live Bom I just don’t know.”

 

"Come on Dara!! CL shouted as she kneeled over her.

 

But Dara laid there without a single movement as if she was dead.

 

 

"I need to get help!!" Bom stood up.

 

"Where are you going?!" Gummy stood up.

 

"I need to..to get....a doctor" Bom stuttered as she looked at Dara's body and back away towards tHE door.

 

"BOM!" CL shouted to stop her but Bom flung the door open.

 

 

Bom's eyes widened and she stepped back slightly into the room when she saw a mess of dead bodies sprawled across the long corridor. She covered with shaking hands and she fell to the ground in horror.

 

Every single one of these men were here to get the girls. And every single one of them died because of them. She was responsible for the death of so many lives no matter what they might have tried to do. This wasn’t what she wanted. This isn’t what she wanted to do to anyone, to YG, to TOP. TOP always worried about how he had ruined her life but surely after all this it was her that had ruined his.

 

 

"Bom!" Taeyang shouted from down the corridor as him and Seungri finished off the last few men, "Get back in!"

 

But Bom couldn't, she covered her face completely with her hands and sobbed heavily. Her cries echoed in the corridor. She needed a miracle. She needed Dara to be ok, she needed TOP to come back to her. She needed her old life back.

 

 

She clutched her shirt tightly and continued to cry in the corridor as she looked around, “…someone help…..” she wailed, “please….someone help….”

 

 

 

Suddenly she saw a familiar figure coming through the entrance. She stopped crying and squinted her eyes and saw TOP’s worried face.

 

 

"...top?" she gasped as he ran to her and grabbed her tightly.

 

Bom cried in his arms, feeling a mixture of relief and yet absolute anguish at the same time.

 

 

“I’m here now…sshh” TOP whispered numbly.

 

 

Bom looked back at TOP and searched his eyes in panic, “…what’s wrong?...GD? Did he get the drug?!”

 

TOP looked down at Bom sadly, “I’m so sorry Bom…”

 

Bom furrowed her brows and looked behind TOP.

 

 

“…chief?” she gasped when she saw chief walking towards them, "...what's chief-" she suddenly stopped when she saw Jiyong behind the chief, leaning onto Daesung and Kangin, "...GD?"

 

 

 

Daesung was practically holding JIyong up as they made their way towards the back room.

 

 

 

“…why?…what do you mean you’re sorry?!” Bom asked TOP back.

 

TOP clenched his jaw and shook his head.

 

 

“What do you mean-“Bom suddenly stopped when she saw a long trail of blood behind Jiyong. She felt her soul leave her body and she stared at the blood trail in horror.

 

 

 

When they reached the room, Jiyong pushed Daesung off him and leaned on the doorway instead. He breathed heavily as he gripped hold of the door.

 

 

“Hyung… let me help you” Daesung said between his tears now.

 

“…no…” Jiyong shook his head trying to push himself off the doorway.

 

JIyong held onto the door before he collapsed onto the floor making everyone in the room turn around.

 

 

Minzy stood there frozen at the sight of a battered and bruised Jiyong. His clothes were drenched in blood. His face was so cut and bruised that is was hard to even recognise it was him. 

 

 

“Hyung!” the boys ran to him and tried to help him up.

 

 

 

Jiyong shook his head and pushed himself slowly off the ground.

 

 

The girls looked on in shock at JIyong all bloodied struggling to make his way to Dara.

 

 

 

Jiyong held onto Taeyang and looked up at Gummy before opening his fist to reveal a small bottle. The bottle that contained JIyong's only hope.

 

 

“Is that…?” CL gasped in shock.

 

Gummy stepped forward slowly, her eyes never leaving the drug. She reached her hand out as Jiyong placed it in her hand. Her lips quivered slightly when his hands stained her palm blood red.

 

“Gummy over here!” Sungjoon called her getting the antidote base ready.

 

 

Please please listen to this beautiful song with this scene: The Day before by Nell http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=f9AE1eCNSgA ]

 

 

 

Jiyong grabbed his stomach now and winced in pain for a moment before he looked at where Dara was lying on the floor. His lips trembled into a small smile and he let of Taeyang. But before he could take one more step he fell onto the floor crashing on the table on his way down.

 

“HYUNG!” Seungri shouted but stopped when he noticed the pool of blood by JIyong’s feet. His eyes slowly went to Jiyong’s back and he lost his breath when he saw the stab wounds.

 

 

“GD!” TOP cried out and ran to him, “Please…please let me take you to the hospital please!!”

 

JIyong ignored him got on his knees and painfully made his way to Dara. He didn’t care about the pain he was in, he just needed to be beside her.

 

 

Minzy pushed herself back away from Dara to let Jiyong through. She nervously looked at the two before bringing her knees towards her for comfort.

 

Jiyong finally reached Dara and he smiled as he touched Dara’s face but his face immediately grimaced when he stained her cheeks with his bloodied hand. His took a sharp breath as he felt a gush of blood flow out of his wound but he chose to ignore it. He turned his attention back to Dara and cupped her face gently with his shaking hands.

 

 

CL grabbed onto Seungri’s sleeve and hugged him as he broke down into tears. But her teary eyes were fixated on Jiyong and Dara.

 

 

Chief and Kangin stood by the door in shock. Why was JIyong so adamant about meeting Dara rather than going to the hospita? His life was hanging on the line and yet he wanted to see Dara and nothing else. They'd left Junho and G.O to take CG to the police station while his other men had gone to the location to arrest the men trying to steal the drug. And although Daesung and TOP had initailly refused to let CHief and Kangin come with them, they assured them they would be able to help if they came. But right now, they felt completely helpless. Finally they were seeing what Dara and the girls always saw in the gang.

 

 

 

JIyong leaned in until his face was close to Dara’s ear and he grazed his cheek gently against her, “…I told you…I’d save…you…” he struggled to speak, each word giving him sharp pains in his chest.

 

He kissed her cheek and then brought her closer to him, he looked down at her face longingly until his tears fell on her pale face.

 

“…I… won’t make you…wait for long…” he breathed as he traced her cheeks with his trembling thumb, “…I’ll come back to you…I’ll…find you…I promise”

 

 

 

“…oppa…” Minzy cried silently from the side, “…no…”

 

 

 

 

“…I... love you…so much” JIyong stuttered as he pressed his lips on dara’s, “…I love you…” he whispered before his head hung low.

 

 

“GD!” Taeyang shouted and rushed to him before he collapsed onto the floor, “GD!!” he shook him but Jiyong limply lied in his arms.

 

Jiyong looked up at Taeyang weakly and smiled.

 

“No!” Taeyang shouted as the others stood in shock.

 

 

TOP stepped forward and fell to his knees behind Taeyang.

 

 

“GD! Stay awake!!” Taeyang tried to keep him awake, “For Dara!! Stay with us!”

 

 

 

“Young deuk! Lie Dara flat!” Gummy suddenly appeared with a syringe and ordered Young deuk.

 

Young deuk and Daesung separated Dara from JIyong and lied her flat on the ground.

 

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING STANDING THERE?! GET THE DOCTOR FOR GD!” Gummy shouted at Teddy before turning to Dara.

 

She saw how her hands trembled, if this didn’t work then there was no hope anymore. She took the cap of the syringe and searched for a vein and nervously injected Dara with the antidote.

 

 

 

“…does…it work?” JIyong asked slowly.

 

 

Gummy snapped back to reality and turned to Jiyong, “Lay him down!”

 

Taeyang laid Jiyong next to Dara and moved aside, “Noona help him!”

 

Gummy felt for his pulse and her face darkened immediately, “….his pulse is weak…he’s lost too much blood! I need to get him to the hospital! Someone get the doctor!!”

 

 

 

“…is…she going…to be ok?” Jiyong asked again.

 

 

“Shut up! Just shut up!” Gummy broke down into tears and turned to Seungri, “What’s taking Teddy this long to get the doctor?!!”

 

 

Jiyong slowly pressed his hand on Gummy’s hand making her look at him, “…look after her…”

 

“She’s going to be fine damn it!!” Gummy lied, “And so are you!!”

 

 

Jiyong smiled sadly as his vision started to blur.

 

Gummy looked down at him and saw his eyes slowly closing, “No…GD…don’t!! GD!!”

 

 

GD’s hand on Gummy’s hand fell to the ground right next to Dara’s hand and his body slowly went limp.

 

 

                           --

 

The fortune teller called Jiyong before he left, “You will have to protect her one last time”

 

Jiyong furrowed his brows and turned to her.

 

“Even if it means giving up your own life” she said mysteriously.

 

 

                         --

 

 

 

Jiyong’s eyes watered slightly as he remembered what the fortune teller had told him.

At the moment he realised that his purpose in life was always Dara. It was always to keep her safe. He turned his head to her with difficulty and looked on at Dara.  Her face was still daunt and pale but would soon be full of life once again. What more could he want than that?

 

His eyes became heavy as the pain in his back constricted his breathing now. He gasped for air and closed his eyes trying to remember every single moment he had Dara. If he was die he wanted to die this way.

 

 

“GD stay with us! The doctor will be here any moment!!” TOP shouted, his voice laced with panic.

 

                             

 

                                      --

 

‘Nothing is going to happen to me’ Dara held onto his hands, ‘Didn’t I say you wouldn’t let anything happen to me.’

 

Jiyong looked at her as she smiled warmly at him.

 

‘As long as you’re here nothing will ever happen to me’ Dara smiled.

 

                                           --

 

 

Jiyong smiled slightly, feeling at peace suddenly. He did what he came here to do. He saved Dara, he protected her.

 

 

“GD!!” Taeyang shook him but GD remained unresponsive, “Don’t do this!!”

 

"I can't feel his pulse!!" Gummy cried.

 

                                                   

 

                                                  --

 

‘I can’t lose you…this can’t happen’ Jiyong shook his head.

 

‘Hey…’ Dara put on a brave face and looked back at him, ‘I won’t abandon you ok…I’m not going…anywhere.’

 

                                                    --

 

 

 

“GD stay awake!!” CL shouted trying to shake him, “You can’t do this to Dara!! Please!! You can’t leave her alone like this!!”

 

                                                                       

 

                                                       --

 

‘Even if you leave me…I’ll have to find you. I’ll find you over and over again. I’ll start over and over again just to protect you. And next time I won’t let anyone hurt you. I won’t do a single wrong thing ever again if it means I can keep you safe’ Jiyong clenched his jaw and took a deep breath.

 

Dara smiled sadly before reaching for his hand, ‘…and do you know why I would marry you?’

 

Jiyong looked up with bloodshot eyes.

 

‘…because Kwon Jiyong…you are a good man’ she said simply.

 

                                                          --

 

 

Minzy sat there numbly in the corner not being able to handle the grief.

 

 

 

                                                              --

 

 

 

‘Don’t talk like you’re going to leave me…please’ Jiyong begged.

 

Dara smiled as the tears kept falling from her eyes, ‘…but it’s ok Jiyong, because even if I leave…you promised me you’d find me right? If not in this lifetime, then even in the next…I’ll wait for you to find me…I promise I’ll wait for you…’

 

                                                                      --

 

 

Jiyong smiled weakly as he opened his eyes one last time to look at Dara lying next to him. ‘She’ll wait…that’s all I need…’

 

Jiyong reached for her hand with his own trembling hand and protected it from the cold ground by enclosing her hand in his. His eyes laid on her face for a long moment before his eyes became too heavy and they closed peacefully.

 

 

 

Gummy let go of Jiyong and stared at the two in disbelief.

 

Taeyang stepped back until his back hit the wall and he slid down to the ground in shock. He didn’t want to believe this happened. He looked around the room at everyone with their eyes fixated on JIyong and Dara and he shook his head. Nothing made sense anymore. If Jiyong wasn’t here anymore, nothing made sense.

 

Daesung walked up to TOP and kneeled by his side. He stared at Jiyong laying there cold and lifeless and yet…happy. He looked at peace and he couldn’t figure out why until he saw his and Dara’s hands together. Daesung’s eyes blurred realising his hyung was finally at peace because he really did sacrifice everything for Dara and in the end his undying love for her won.

 

Bom stood there covering at the sight. No words could describe this feeling of absolute loss. She clutched her heart and hit her chest before falling to the ground beside the two. She leaned forward and her painful cries filled the room.

 

This wasn’t how it was supposed to end. This wasn’t right.

 

Bom shook her head and looked up at the two one last time and that’s when she saw it. She saw something that made her eyes widen first from relief and then from absolute anguish.

 

There laid Dara seemingly unconscious until…Bom saw Dara’s hand slightly move within Jiyong’s hand.

 

 

“…dara…” she gasped silently.

 

Bom broke down into more tears as she looked at Dara.

 

Dara just got her second chance to live.

 

But when she would realised what was sacrificed would she still want this second chance at life?

 

 

Bom looked back Jiyong lying limply next to Dara. The man who had sacrificed everything to give that one person he promised his life to a second chance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE THE LAST CHAPTER OF UNDERCOVER LOVE. SO BEFORE YOU  GUYS KILL ME PLEASE WAIT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE AND READ IT. THANK YOU MY LOVELY READERS.