A man that hates deep loves deeper

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…CG…he….” Bom stuttered unable to control herself, “…he doesn’t have the antidote…”

 

 

Jiyong stood there numbly. That was impossible. How could there not be an antidote? What about Dara? She didn’t have much time left and now Bom was telling him this.

 

 

 

“…what are you saying Bom?” TOP asked as the reality dawned on him.

 

 

But Bom kept her eyes on Jiyong, “…there is no antidote…”

 

 

 

Jiyong stepped back slightly and shook his head. This wasn’t happening. He had to save Dara but it seemed like the whole world was against him. Why did it have to feel like he fighting with fate just to save her.

 

 

Bom turned back to TOP and held onto his arms tightly as she kept her eyes on JIyong.

 

TOP face fell seeing Bom in this state and he quickly pulled her into his embrace so she didn’t have to see his expression. He looked up and saw Taeyang worriedly looking at Jiyong who looked devastated like as if his whole world had been snatched away from him again. TOP subconsciously held onto Bom even tightly, afraid that Bom would have the same fate as Dara.

 

 

*ring ring*

 

Taeyang snapped back to reality and answered his phone up, “Minzy? Slow down what’s wrong?... Minzy I can’t hear you slow down…Minzy-” Taeyang suddenly froze and looked up at JIyong.

 

 

JIyong furrowed his brows as Taeyang ended the call.

 

 

“…We…we need to go…” Taeyang stuttered.

 

Bom and TOP slowly stood up seeing Taeyang like this.

 

 

 

Taeyang looked at them gravely “It’s Dara…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Chief did you want to see us?” G.O, Junho and Kangin entered chief’s office.

 

“Close the door behind you” Chief Kim said as he stood up from his chair.

 

The boys did just that before walking over to him.

 

 

“Boys, you three…I trust you with my life do you understand?” Chief said seriously.

 

“Neh chief”

 

“So…this time I am asking you to trust me” Chief added.

 

“Of course chief” G.O nodded.

 

“Even if it means that you won’t be entirely following the law?” Chief asked.

 

The boys paused looking confused.

 

 

“It may seem wrong right now…but in the long run you will understand that we are helping the right side.”

 

 

“I don’t understand…chief” Junho said confused.

 

Chief walked over to Kangin and then turned to the boys, “I’ve been having Kangin keep a close eye on CG-“

 

“CG?” Junho asked suddenly.

 

“Yes” Chief nodded, “But before I tell you the rest, I need you to promise me that you will help me. Someone’s life might depend on it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Daesung helped carry Dara down the corridor with Minzy and Gummy following behind him.

 

 

“Daesung the room on the right!” Gummy said as she ran in front to open the door for him.

 

 

“…ahh…” Dara gasped silently as Daesung barged into the room and laid her on the bed.

 

 

 

“Unnie…she’s been going through phases” Minzy followed Gummy round the room, “In the car she would start screaming from the pain and then the next minute she’d be like this! I don’t know what’s happening!”

 

 

Dara turned her head limply to the side and then back to the other side. She struggled to keep her eyes open, the light piercing her eyes. She could feel just how tired her body was, every breath felt like she was trying to push a tonne of weight off her chest. She couldn’t take any more of this.

 

 

“Where’s the doctor?!” Minzy asked Gummy, “I think Dara unni is going to start being in pain again!”

 

“He’s with CL” Gummy said as she got the stethoscope out and started listening to Dara’s breathing.

 

“CL unnie? Why?! What happened?!” Minzy panicked.

 

 

Daesung pulled Minzy back, “I’ll tell you everything later, why don’t we go out and let Gummy noona take care of Dara-”

 

“But what’s wrong with CL unnie?!” Minzy cried out.

 

“Minzy come on-“

 

 

“AGGGGGGGH!”

 

 

Minzy and Daesung turned back to the bed and saw Dara curled up in a ball clutching her stomach.

 

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Dara screamed again and started crying.

 

 

“Dara! Dara! Look at me-…DARA?!” Gummy tried to calm her down but Dara was in far too much pain to listen to anyone.

 

 

“HELPP ME!” Dara screeched, “PLEASSSEEEE!!...AHHHH!”

 

 

“Unnie!” Minzy ran to her and tried to hold her hands but Dara struggled free and started trembling with pain.

 

 

“DAESUNG GET THE DOCTOR!!” Gummy shouted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CG played with the tiny bottle of the drug in his hand.

 

“Ah…who thought it would be this easy” he said to himself with a grin, “All because of Dara I’ll be able to get my hands on E7 and no one will be the wiser!”

 

He then started to laugh like a maniac.

 

“A man like GD crumbling down because of a woman” CG grinned and shook his head, “How pathetic.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

[Music: Suddenly by kim Bo Young http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=J5m2UXMQpJM ]

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong flung the doors of the HQ open and stumbled in. He panted for breath and looked frantically around the place for Dara.

 

 

“GD!” Taeyang ran in after him and held onto his arm to help him.

 

Jiyong shook his head and pushed Taeyang off him and stumbled back in daze, “Dara….dara…” he turned back to the corridor and ran towards the infirmary.

 

 

 

 

“Bom you stay here” TOP said to Bom making her sit down.

 

“No” Bom tried to stand up.

 

“Bom!”

 

Bom’s eyes fluttered as she saw how serious TOP was. She realised then he didn’t want her to see Dara…he didn’t want her to see her best friend dying.

 

Bom’s eyes blurred with tears but she shook her head.

 

Top sighed, “Bom…you shouldn’t see her right now…please”

 

Bom’s eyes widened slightly and a tear fell, “…but…she needs me…”

 

She pushed him off her slowly and stood up. She pressed herself against the wall and slowly limped her way down the corridor, dreading seeing Dara.

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

 

“GD wait!” Taeyang pulled JIyong back and stopped him, “Don’t go in!”

 

“Get off!” JIyong shoved him back.

 

“Dara doesn’t want you to see her this way!” Taeyang shouted.

 

JIyong stopped and slowly turned back to Taeyang.

 

 

“…Dara told Minzy not to let you come in when…when she’s like this” Taeyang said slowly knowing how much his words were hurting him.

 

 

“She…doesn’t want…me there?” Jiyong asked slowly.

 

Taeyang shook his head, “…no…she doesn’t want you to suffer…”

 

 

Jiyong leaned on the wall and clenched his jaw together not knowing what to do.

 

 

 

“AAAAAAGGGGGGH!”

 

Jiyong suddenly froze on the spot.

 

 

Ear deafening screams were heard over and over again.

 

 

Jiyong couldn't just stand there, he numbly pushed himself off the wall and turned towards the room where Dara’s screams were coming from.

 

“GD...don’t” Taeyang pleaded. He knew GD wouldn’t be able to tolerate seeing Dara in this state, but he also knew when it came to Dara GD had never once thought about himself. He had always put Dara before him and that was never going to change.

 

 

JIyong blindly and slowly made his way towards the room.

 

 

 

“AHHH! AGHHHHHHHHHHH!”

 

Jiyong paused by the window of the room, but couldn’t make himself turn to look into the room. If he turned around at that moment he would see his worst nightmare, his greatest fear right before his eyes.

 

“AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHH!”

 

Dara’s screams rang in his ears and he slowly curled his hands into fists, but no matter how frightened he was he had to save Dara. Only he could save Dara.

 

He took a deep breath and slowly turned to look through the window.

 

Jiyong held his breath and his lips parted slightly at the sight.

 

Through the window he saw Dara’s frail body curled up in a ball. She was clutching onto the bed sheets for support, her head shaking from side to side in pain. Gummy and the doctor were trying to restrain her but they all knew nothing could be done now.

 

Jiyong turned back around and hung his head low as his tears betrayed him.

 

 

 

 

Bom and TOP reached Taeyang and all three of them saw JIyong’s state outside the room. A man who had hated all his life, who believed that living through hatred was the only way to survive. That very man at this very moment knew nothing but love. He learnt to love deeper than hate and for that this was the sacrifice he was having to make. 

 

 

JIyong wiped his tears with the palm of his hands and turned back around before walking into the room.

 

 

 

Dara continued to scream in agony as she tried to get off the bed.

 

“Oppa!!” Minzy cried when she saw Jiyong enter.

 

 

He made his way straight to Dara and pulled her tightly into his embrace, holding her hands together so she wouldn’t hurt herself.

 

 

“JIYONG!! I…HELP ME….I CAN’T- AAAAHHHHH!” she struggled between his arms, “….AAAHHHH….HELP….AHHH..JIYONG…”

 

 

 

“Can’t you sedate her or something?!” Jiyong turned to the doctor while Dara continued to squirm under him.

 

“Neh? Sedate her?” the doctor asked.

 

Gummy stepped forward, “JI why-“

 

“I’ve seen her when she’s sleeping…she doesn’t feel the pain…just do it!!” JIyong said as he tried to restrain Dara.

 

 

“…PLEASE!! HELP ME JIYONG AAAHH” Dara struggled to breathe as she broke down in tears, “…please…”

 

 

“Look at me” JIyong turned his head to the side to get a better view of her, “I promised I’d make everything better didn’t I?”

 

“…ahhhh…..I…can’t...” Dara bit her tongue in pain and she hit her chest hoping it would help her breathe.

 

 

 

Bom held onto the door in shock from seeing Dara like this.

 

TOP turned her to face him, “You don’t have to be here Bom…” he could feel Bom trembling under his hands.

 

TOP knew what Dara meant to her, Dara and CL were Bom’s only family but the thought of Bom in Dara’s position was one he wouldn’t even dare to think of. He wiped her tears and let her lean her head on his chest, he enveloped her with his arms reassuringly but he had no words to say to Bom. Lying that Dara was going to get better wasn’t going to help anyone.

 

 

 

“DO IT! HURRY UP!!” JIyong roared at the doctor.

 

 

The doctor ran towards him with a sedative while Jiyong helped hold Dara’s hand still.

 

 

“…I can’t….Jiyong…please…” Dara tried to take deep breaths but her lungs felt like bursting every time she took a breath.

 

The doctor quickly injected Dara with the sedative just before Dara started to push him and Jiyong off her.

 

 

“Did you get it in?!” Jiyong asked the doctor.

 

The doctor nodded, “In a bit she’ll be unconscious.”

 

 

Jiyong looked back at Dara who was now clutching onto his collar, “You’re going to be fine…”

 

Dara slowly shook her head, knowing she wouldn’t be, “…you shouldn’t be here…you can’t…see me like this”

 

“Stop it…I’m telling you you’re going to get better” Jiyong said anxiously as he traced her hair away from her face. “I’m going to make it go away I promise!”

 

 

 

Dara’s eyes started to become heavy from the sedative but she still held onto Jiyong for dear life, her head landed slowly on his chest for support“…just…give up on me jiyong…”

 

Jiyong clenched his teeth and shook his head trying not to cry, “…You know I can’t.”

 

 

Dara’s hands slowly slipped off his collars and they landed on her lap. With heavy eyes she looked up at him, “…none of this…is your fault…you know right?”

 

“I’m going to get the antidote, you just need to wait for me ok?!” Jiyong refused to answer her.

 

 

Dara smiled weakly and a tear stained down her pale cheek, “…I’ll be…waiting for you to find me…don’t forget…”

 

Jiyong traced his thumb over her face and cupped her face, he refused to acknowledge what she was saying because he knew that if he did, he would also start believing this really was the last time they would meet, “The next time you wake up, you’re going to be fine! I promise!”

 

 

“…I…love you…” Dara’s lips trembled, “…I really do…” she whispered before her eyes became too heavy and closed.

 

Jiyong felt her body deflate as her head turned away from him. At that moment he couldn’t hold it back anymore and he hugged her body and broke down, his whole body trembling with grief.

 

“Please don’t leave…don’t leave me…please” Jiyong cried quietly onto Dara’s limp shoulder.

 

 

 

Minzy couldn’t watch anymore and she abruptly turned away. But what she saw next made her tears fall even more. There by the door were most of the YG gang, each with their eyes fixated on their leader.

 But what really made her heart hurt was her four oppas. All four of them stood there in front of the gang with tears in their eyes.

 

Dara didn’t only change Jiyong but she along with the girls managed to change all of them. Seeing Jiyong change into the man he was today because of one normal girl made them all realise that their life wasn’t for just them. There are and will always will be someone out there who will always be thinking, caring, loving them. For Jiyong that person was Dara and Dara only. So to see fate and life break them apart so brutally…the guys couldn’t help but feel JIyong’s pain. Their leader, who always shared all their pain was the one who needed them the most today. And the most painful part of that was they could do nothing to help him.

 

Taeyang slowly wiped his tear from his cheek with a finger and looked at it strangely as if it was the first time he was shedding a tear. He curled his hand into a fist and walked to Jiyong.

 

 

JIyong felt Taeyang’s hand on his shoulder and he nodded. He slowly laid Dara on the bed before leaning to kiss her forehead, “…I...I love you too…”

 

 

Taeyang helped him off the bed and stood in front of Jiyong before pulling him into his embrace, “We’re going to get that b*stard and we’re going to bring Dara back to you, do you hear me?!”

 

JIyong numbly stood there, with his hands by his side.

 

“We’re going to bring Dara back to you!” Taeyang repeated.