Can't hide love

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo", Bom and CL politely bowed to halmoni as they entered JIyong's apartment with Minzy.

 

 

"Halmoni this is Bom unnie and CL unnie, they're Dara unnie's closest friends", Minzy smiled and introduced the girls.

 

"Aigoo so pretty", halmoni smiled, "Come in come in everyone's in the kitchen."

 

 

"Everyone?", CL blinked.

 

 

"Aha aha!", Minzy laughed awkwardly and shook her head at halmoni.

 

"Come...", halmoni smiled at the girls and led them to the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm so glad you could come for dinner", halmoni smiled at them as they entered the kitchen.

 

"neh...", Bom smiled and looked up and froze when she saw all the boys in the kitchen.

 

CL stopped behind her too and her eyes widened nervously when she saw the boys. She took a step back but Minzy pulled her forward again.

 

 

"Dara your friends are here", halmoni said.

 

 

Dara had been awkwardly cutting the vegetables trying not to make eye contact with any of the boys. She knew they were still angry at her, and apart from JIyong the others hadn't really done anything wrong to her so she couldn't really be angry at them. So when halmoni walked in with the girls she sighed with relief and ran up to the girls.

 

 

"What took you so long?!", Dara whined as she held onto Bom's hand.

 

 

"...mianhe...", Bom said before looking up and meeting TOP's gaze.

 

TOP's heart sank when he saw her, but he couldn't take his eyes off.

 

 

 

 

Halmoni sensed the tension in the air and looked at Minzy who just pouted and shook her head.

 

 

 

"Girls", halmoni pulled CL and Bom into the kitchen, "Why don't you help me cook?"

 

"Neh halmoni", they smiled back and walked to the counter where the guys were standiing quietly.

 

 

"Here Bom cut these potatoes for me", she asked Bom and made her stand near Seungri.

 

 

Minzy suddenly started coughing and halmoni looked up, Minzy shook her head and pointed at TOP.

 

Halmoni nodded and pushed Bom to the left closer to TOP instead.

 

 

Bom and TOP briefly looked at each other before TOP furrowed his brows angrily and looked away. Bom pouted sadly before starting to cut the potatoes.

 

 

 

 

"Alright Dong princess", Minzy giggled and nudged Taeyang.

 

Taeyang pulled Minzy's hoody all the way over her head roughly.

 

"ACK! Oppa I can't see!", Minzy tried to take it off but Taeyang just held onto her hoody while she struggled to break free, "aah oppa!!"

 

 

 

 

 

CL took a deep breath and walked up to Seungri bravely.

 

 

Seungri looked at CL briefly before turning away. 

 

 

CL looked around and picked up the cutting board near Seungri trying to look like she was doing something. She glanced up at Seungri who was leaning on the counter listening to his Taeyang and Daesung.

 

 

She took a deep breath and stepped a tiny bit closer to him nervously. Seungri noticed and looked at her again.

 

CL bit her lip and traced her hair behind her ear, "....um.....thank you for the clothes."

 

Seungri cleared his throat gruffily, "Didn't I say it was nothing."

 

"I know" CL looked up, "but still thank you", she smiled slightly before turning back to the potatoes.

 

Seungri stared at her for a moment before turning away and sighing, he looked up and saw Taeyang looking at him. Seungri furrowed his brows and walked out of the kitchen.

 

CL looked up and watched him leave, her face fell slightly at that and Taeyang noticed.

 

 

 

 

---------------

 

 

 

 

"Halmoni, you've got to help me with the others too", Minzy whispered to her as they watched how the boys stood on one side and the girls on the other.

 

"Don't worry Minzy", halmoni smiled, "Just tell me who and I'll sort it out."

 

"Halmoni jjang!!", Minzy kissed her cheek, "Ok....CL unnie and Seungri oppa, but I think Seungri oppa is already starting to forgive her."

 

Halmoni nodded taking a mental note.

 

 

"And TOP oppa and Bom unnie...those two, I don't know, they're probably as bad as G oppa and Dara unnie", Minzy shook her head.

 

"Hmm"

 

"I mean Bom unnie wants to start over with TOP oppa but TOP oppa has trust issues you see and isn't really ready to forgive Bom unnie", Minzy explained.

 

"What exactly happened between them all?", Halmoni asked.

 

"Um...just a misunderstanding", Minzy lied.

 

 

The door bell suddenly went and Minzy took this opportunity to get away.

 

 

 

 

-----------------

 

 

 

 

"Gummy unnie!! And...oh you", Minzy grumbled when she saw Young deuk behind Gummy.

 

 

After their last conversation Minzy had no intention of talking to Young deuk.

 

 

"Hey", Young deuk smiled awkwardly.

 

Minzy grumbled, "Come in."

 

 

Gummy hugged Minzy and walked into the kitchen leaving just Minzy and Young deuk.

 

 

"Listen about before-"

 

"Your beloved hyungs are in the kitchen", Minzy said interrupting him.

 

"Come on Minzy don't be like that", Young deuk sighed.

 

But Minzy just rolled her eyes and walked in.

 

 

"You know what your problem is?", Young deuk called out.

 

Minzy turned around with furrowed brows in disbelief, "I have a problem?"

 

"Yeah you jump to conclusions and misunderstand people", Young deuk walked towards her.

 

Minzy scoffed and looked away.

 

"Especially about those that care about you", Young deuk said before walking into the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung how did you get that bruise?", Daesung asked about to touch Jiyong's cheek.

 

"Aish!", Jiyong whacked Daesung's hand away.

 

 

"Yea it looks sore", Taeyang grimaced at the red and blue patch on JIyong's cheek.

 

 

Dara smirked as she cut the vegetables.

 

 

 

"Omo oppa you're right", Minzy looked at Jiyong worriedly, "Did you bang into something?"

 

"No", Jiyong turned his head to the side to get away from them.

 

 

"Ani how did it happen then?", Minzy asked.

 

 

 

"He was probably annoying someone he shouldn't have", Dara mumbled quietly.

 

But the others heard and looked at her. She looked up and blinked when she realised everyone was looking at her.

 

 

JIyong rubbed his neck in fustration, she really knew how to push his buttons didn't she, "You know if I knew you were going to be such a pain in the -"

 

 

"Then what?!", Dara walked up to him with the knife, "Huh?"

 

 

"Woah!", TOP stepped back with Jiyong in shock

 

 

"Huh?", Dara tapped her foot and shook the knife casually like a gangster.

 

 

 

"What's going on?", halmoni suddenly appeared again, "omo! Are you two fighting again?!" she clutched her heart.

 

 

Jiyong and Dara looked at eachother in a panic.

 

 

"Were you?", halmoni put on her most heartbroken face.

 

 

Jiyong suddenly grabbed Dara's knife and hugged her instead.

 

 

The other's gasped in shock as Jiyong hugged Dara.

 

 

 

"No halmoni I was just telling my precious girlfriend here", he tightened his hug, "to be careful while using the knife."

 

"GIRLFRIEND?!", the others exclaimed.

 

 

 

Dara's hands flapped around frantically, "....i...can't...breaaaaathee...."

 

 

 

"Awh", halmoni sighed happily and walked towards the counter.

 

 

Jiyong waited until halmoni's back was turned towards them and then let go off Dara.

 

Dara stumbled back and fell on the floor gasping for air.

 

 

"YAH!!", Dara screamed.

 

 

Halmoni turned around and Dara noticed.

 

 

"....yah....you cu-cutie...", Dara forced a smile, "...help me up..."

 

 

JIyong sighed and held his hand out casually, Dara smirked and yanked him so hard he fell onto his knees next to her.

 

Jiyong held his anger in as he hung his head low.

 

 

"...oops", Dara smiled before getting up by herself.

 

 

 

 

 

Bom couldn't help giggle at her friend's antics and she forgot to look at what she was cutting.

 

"Ahh!", Bom cut her finger slightly and she held her finger close to her, closing her eyes hopping on the spot.

 

 

Before even thinking, TOP's body moved by itself to Bom and he grabbed her finger anxiously.

 

Bom's eyes widened, just like everyone else's in the room. For a guy who wanted to kill her he was awfully worried about a tiny little cut.

 

 

"Does it hurt?", TOP asked still looking at her finger.

 

Bom smiled slightly as she stared at him.

 

When he didn't get an answer he looked and saw everyone staring at him silently. He looked back at Bom and realised what he'd just done and he let go of her hand and stepped back.

 

Bom furrowed her brows slightly as he stepped back . He looked up at her, the anger back in eyes.

 

 

"Bom", CL walked over with a tissue and pressed it on her finger. But Bom was still looking at TOP longingly.

 

 

He proved to her again that he still cares for her, but why was he trying so hard to hate her. She knew she hurt him by lying to him but couldn't he understand that she didn't betray him, that she didn't rat them out ot the police.

 

 

"Bom, come on", CL called her back to reality, "Let's get this cleaned."

 

Bom nodded and followed CL out.

 

 

TOP sighed and leaned his head back on the fridge he was standing in front of and looked at the boys, as if asking them what to do.

 

 

Minzy walked up to him and placed her hand on his arm,"....it's obvious you love her so why are you trying to fight it so much?"

 

 

TOP looked at his sister for a moment before closing his eyes and sighing. Because he was scared to trust her again that's why.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

[Music: Even if it's only in my dreams by Zia]

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Halmoni you didn't have to make all this", Jiyong looked worriedly at his little grandma.

 

Halmoni shook her head, "Ani, the girls helped so it was easy"

 

 

The boys looked away awkwardly while the girls stood behind halmoni looking just as awkward.

 

 

"Come on let's sit", halmoni tugged Jiyong to sit down.

 

"You sit first", Jiyong helped her sit down and the cute old lady couldn't help but smile at her grandson.

 

 

"Aigoo, my grandson is just wonderful...isn't he dara?", she turned to dara.

 

 

Dara smiled weakly and nodded.

 

 

Halmoni turned back to JIyong and cupped his face lovingly, " Soyeon would have been so proud of you."

 

Jiyong's face fell slightly at the mention of his mother's name and he slowly sat down on his seat.

 

 

Dara felt a pang deep in her heart, that expression on his face always made her want to go and hug him. She then shook her head, why the hell was she thinking like that?!

 

 

 

"If she saw just how successful you are", halmoni looked around with tears in her eyes, "what great friends you have, what a handsome and caring person you've become she would have been so proud."

 

Jiyong looked at her and slowly wiped her tears away and shook his head as if to say don't cry.

 

Halmoni smiled sadly and held his hand that was on her cheek.

 

 

 

"Halmoni", Minzy said quietly, "What was Soyeon ajhumma like?"

 

 

The gang looked up at JIyong and the halmoni expectantly.

 

 

"She was very pretty", halmoni smiled, "JIyong has her eyes doesn't he dara?"

 

 

Dara nodded and smiled softly, " she was really pretty."

 

Jiyong looked up at her just as she looked away so she didn't have to meet his gaze.

 

 

"...I only saw a picture of her but she looked like she really enjoyed life" Dara continued, "like a very happy and warm person."

 

 

"Neh, that was exactly how she was", halmoni nodded and held onto Dara's hand, "I see that in you too Dara you know."

 

Dara blinked slightly and instinctively looked at Jiyong.

 

 

"When I met you, I saw you were so full of life", halmoni smiled, "that's why I thought you were perfect for JIyong. Because Jiyong had to grow up alone...", she stopped as she wiped her tears away, ".....because he had to live alone, it seemed like he hadn't lived life but with you I just knew you would change him, you would help him live again, make new memories for him."

 

 

The others slowly looked at Jiyong and then back at Dara.

 

 

Jiyong remembered the day before she ran away how she'd made him try everything that he'd missed as a child and he clenched his jaw at the thought. If she really meant to betray him, she wouldn't have done all that right? She lied to him, he realised that but did she lie about all that too? 

 

Dara eyes glazed over with tears, why did her heart pain just by hearing JIyong had a rough past? What about her oppa? Was she forgetting what Jiyong did to her oppa! But would Jiyong just kill oppa for no reason? There must be a reason that Jiyong wasn't telling her. But that could only mean that oppa was to blame for his death and she wasn't ready to accept that.

 

 

 

"But since I've been here", halmoni interrupted their thoughts, "I've noticed Dara...you're not the same girl I met back then."

 

Dara's eyes flickered to halmoni in confusion.

 

 

"You've lost that spark you had, as if someone's taken it away", halmoni her hand, "When I look at your face now, I sometimes see the same look Jiyong had when I first saw him."

 

 

At that a tear fell from Dara's eyes as she continued to look at halmoni. How could she know her so well? She was right, the past few days, it felt like there was no point in living anymore. And strangely enough, the person she wanted to live for was the also the reason she wanted to die right now. If only JIyong hadn't killed oppa, she would be ready to do anything to make him forgive her. But that wasn't the case and she knew very well that no amount of love she felt for him before was going to change anything.

 

Jiyong clenched his hands into fists and the pangs of pain in his heart because he knew he was the reason for Dara turning this way.

 

 

"I hope that light in your eyes come back soon my dear", halmoni her hair as Dara held her breath trying to stop the tears.

 

 

 

 

The others looked on sadly, why did their lives have to be impacted by so many complications? But when looking at Dara and JIyong, their problems seemed so little. Two hearts that wanted to be together but even if they wanted to they couldn't.

 

Seungri looked up at CL longingly, for them, all he had to do was forgive CL. Unlike GD hyung, who even if he did forgive Dara, Dara would never forgive him for what happened to Sanghyun. Seungri realised at that moment just how important CL was to him, but could he trust her?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mianhe not much happens in this chapter, but I just wanted to slowly build things up. Anyway I hope you still liked it :) until the next update byeeeeeee xx