Let me hate him

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

"This is why I told you not to get involved Minzy!!", TOP shouted as he threw the file across the desk.

 

"O..oppa", Minzy stuttered through her tears.

 

 

TOP sighed in fustration and turned to Taeyang, "Go find GD."


 

Taeyang nodded and nodded at Daesung and Seungri to come with him and left the room in a hurry.

 

 

 

"o..oppa, what's...going to happen...to GD..oppa?", Minzy stuttered as she held onto Dara's arm.

 

 

TOP hung his head low and placed his palms on the desk closing his eyes.

 

"oppa?", Minzy called out again.

 

"Go", TOP said quietly.

 

Minzy furrowed her brows and stepped towards him, "oppa..."

 

"I said go!", TOP growled still not looking up.

 

 

 

Bom walked up to Minzy, "Come on honey, let's go."

 

"No!", Minzy pushed herself off Bom and walked to her oppa tugging on his sleeve, "oppa..."

 

 

TOP gritted his teeth, "Minzy don't push your luck."

 

"But....I was only trying to help-"

 

"You call this helping?!!", TOP flapped the files in front of her before throwing them on the floor, "You think GD finding out the woman that abandoned him is dead and he never got to see her face is helping him??!!"

 

MInzy gasped and her eyes widened in shock.

 

"You tell me??!!"< TOP grabbed her and shook her slightly, "You think you helped?!!"

 

"TOP", Bom tried to pull TOP away from Minzy.

 

"STAY OUT OF THIS!", he growled at her and then turned back to Minzy, "Dammit Minzy!! Did you ever think that maybe me and GD don't want to face our past?! DId you ever not think that maybe we want to forget our past?!!"

 

Minzy stood there limp as tears rolled down her eyes.

 

"DAMMIT!!", he let go off her and turned his back to her.

 

 

 

"Minzy..come on", CL walked up to her quietly.

 

Minzy shook her head, she turned to the files lying on the floor and picked up the file with TOP's dad information on it and slowly walked to TOP.

 

 

"You don't want to face your past because it hurts, not because you want to forget it", Minzy said softly wiping her tears.

 

TOP tilted his head slightly and clenched his jaw tight.

 

 

"GD oppa right now...he's regretting never meeting his mother, he's never going to get his answers...", Minzy said as she placed the file in front of TOP, "Before it's too late...don't make the same mistake."

 

TOP stared at the file silently. Minzy stepped back as more tears fell from her eyes, she turned around and left the room.

 

On her way out, Bom looked back sadly at TOP still staring at the file.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

GD walked slowly in a daze between the busy crowd. Some one bumped into him as they walked past, he paused for a moment before walking again. He didn't even know what to think, what was there to think?

He continued to take heavy steps down the road, losing himself in the crowd. Was it all going to end like this? He had nothing of this woman that gave birth to him, no warm memory, no familar scent, no love, no joy, no happiness. So then why did he feel like something had just died inside of him? Why did he feel like someone had stabbed his heart?

 

He leaned on the wall as the people walked past and slid down to the ground. He didn't care that people looked at him oddly, he didn't even notice. He just closed his eyes remembering old memories:

 

 

A 6 year old Jiyong sat outside his school waiting for one of the YG drivers to come and pick him up. He played with a stick and drew random circles on the dirt.

 

 

"My son mianhe did you have to wait long?!"

 

Jiyong looked up with his stoic expression at a mother rushing frantically to the school gates and hugging her son.

 

"Omma!", the kid pouted and wailed.

 

"Mianhe my darling", the mother hugged her son tightly, "Look what I got you", she pulled out a chocolate bar.

 

The kid grabbed the chocolate and started happily eating it.

 

"Is it yummy?", his mum smiled brightly as the kid nodded.

 

JIyong blinked slightly feeling sad for some reason.

 

"Come on let's go home", his mum picked him up and carried him towards the car. The mother suddenly noticed JIyong playing on his own and paused slightly.

 

"Dear...is your mum coming to pick you up?", the mother asked JIyong.

 

Jiyong looked up at her and blinked.

 

 

"omma", the kid hissed into his mother's ear, "He doesn't have a omma."

 

"Oh...", his mum looked apologetically at JIyong, who just looked back at the ground.

 

"That's why he's so weird, he never talks", the kid said as he chomped on his chocolate.

 

"Shh don't say that!", his mother reprimanded the kid before turning back to JIyong.

 

Jiyong suddenly stood up when a long black car stopped in front of him, he looked at the woman quickly before jumping into the car and slamming the door shut.

 

 

"Young master, how was school today?", his driver asked even though he knew Jiyong wouldn't answer. Jiyong had always been like that, the quiet type, always in a far and sad world of his own.

 

 

 

JIyong looked up at him and hesitated before speaking, "chocolate...juseyo.."

 

"Neh?!", the driver blinked back shocked that Jiyong was actually replying back. The driver quickly stopped at the nearest store and ran in to buy him chocolate.

 

Jiyong stepped out of the car and waited for his driver to come back.

 

The driver ajusshi finally came out of the store and handed JIyong 3 chocolate bars, "There young master have them all."

 

JIyong looked up at him hesitantly and picked one of the bars. He unwrapped it slowly and took a small bite out of the chocolate. He waited....and waited to feel something but nothing came. Why did that kid look so happy eating the chocolate his mum gave him and JIyong didn't feel anything?

 

JIyong threw the chocolate on the ground and got back in the car without saying anything.

 

 

 

GD raked his fingers through his hair remembering that memory. He didn't understand back then but now he realised, that all through his life he tried to make some connection with the mother he never had but never could. And that's why he felt this pain in his heart when he learnt that the mother he craved for was forever gone, and no matter how hard he tried he could never be able to make a connection with her now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minzy slammed her bedroom door shut and stormed past the lounge where the girls were sitting.

 

"Minzy!", Dara stood up, "Where are you going?!"

 

Minzy just grabbed her coat and started putting it on.

 

"Minzy!", Bom walked to her and pulled her back.

 

"Let go unnie!", Minzy pulled her arm back.

 

"Hey, what' wrong?", Bom stood in front of her.

 

"I need to go see TOP oppa's dad!", Minzy shouted.

 

 

"Minzy don't", CL said, "You heard what he said!"

 

"No! I don't care if he hates me it's for him I'm doing all this!", Minzy protested angrily.

 

"Minzy he's-"

 

"Unnie you don't understand because GD oppa didn't do anything all this time he lost his only chance of meeting his mother and I can't let that happen to TOP oppa too!", Minzy cried out.

 

"ok ok", BOm held onto her, "Calm down ok."

 

Minzy slowly calmed down and looked up at her, "Unnie...TOP oppa is now the only one who has a chance of meeting and reconciling with his own dad...I can't just let it go."

 

Bom sighed and pulled the girl into her embrace, she turned and looked at the girls sadly, not knowing what to do.

 

 

Dara limped forward and placed her hand on Minzy's shoulder, "Minzy-ah...it's too dangerous for you to go there."

 

"But-"

 

"You said yourself that the most likely place he'd be at underground casinos, you think it's safe for you to expose yourself in a place like that?", Dara reminded her.

 

Minzy sighed and furrowed her brows in defeat.

 

"I'll...go instead", Bom said quietly.

 

"unnie?", Minzy looked up at her.

 

"Bom?", CL asked from behind.

 

"Look, we all know if we don't let Minzy go she'll go on her own"< she looked at the other two while minzy nodded, "And dara you're injured right now there's no way you can go and CL I know you definetly don't want to go."

 

CL sighed and shook her head.

 

"So I'll go", Bom looked back at Minzy, "I'll go and see if I can find out the reason why he did that to TOP and if his reason is worth listening to then maybe TOP should meet up with him."

 

"Unnie thank you", Minzy said with watery eyes.

 

"Don't thank me yet", Bom mumbled as she put her leather jacket on and walked out the the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom entered a dark and smoking club and walked to the reception area, "Excuse me do you know Choi Lee Joon?"

 

"Depends who's asking?", the fat bellied guy behind the desk asked as he chugged down his beer.

 

Bom grimaced slightly, "Just tell me if you know him!"

 

"Are you a cop?", he asked.

 

"Do I look like a cop? Bom retorted.

 

The guy sneered, "No I guess not."

 

Bom gritted her teeth and waited for him.

 

"He's downstairs table 3", the guy nodded towards the door.

 

Bom turned and walked to the door and opened it revealing a staircase. She hesitated a bit before going down the stairs. She slowly opened the door at the bottom of the staircase and revealed a large dimly lit room full of men and skimpily dressed women gambling. Damn if only she wasn't undercover, she'd kick all their asses to jail in a second.

She scanned the room and stopped a waitress, "Which one is Choi Lee Joon?"

 

The waitress eyed her up and down and then nodded towards a roughly dressed man at a gambling table who looked like he was losing badly.

 

Bom thanked the waitress and made her way to the table.

 

 

"Better luck next time Choi", one of the players laughed as he took all of Mr Choi's chips.

 

"Yah come on, give me a loan and we'll play again", Mr Choi said to the man in a pleaading tone.

 

"I don't like wasting my time on broke people", the other man laughed and left the table.

 

 

Bom sighed and walked to him, "Choi LeeJoon?"

 

Mr Choi looked up at her quizzically, "You've got the wrong person."

 

"I'm not a cop", she said bluntly.

 

Mr Choi looked back at her now, "What do you want?"

 

Bom looked around the room before sitting down, "I'm a friend of TOP."

 

"TOP?", he looked confused.

 

"Seunghyun...your son", Bom said.

 

The man's eyes flickered slightly and he turned away.

 

 

"Mr Choi...", Bom started but didn't really know what to say, "Don't you think you should try to reconcile with him?"

 

Mr Choi looked up at her, "Reconcile?"

 

"Well...you did leave him in jail for 3 years", she said bluntly.

 

Mr Choi fidgited with his fingers guiltily, "How...how is he doing now?"

 

Bom smiled, "He's doing really well...he became a great man."

 

Mr Choi looked up again, "really?"

 

Bom nodded.

 

 

Suddenly his eyes changed when he looked at the cards on the table and he looked at Bom warily, "Does...he..have money?"

 

Bom furrowed her eyes, "Sorry?"

 

"Does he have money?", Mr Choi asked again.

 

Bom's mouth parted slightly in shock at what he was asking, "Mr Choi-"

 

Suddenly some one grabbed her hand and yanked her up, "...TOP..."

 

 

TOP glared down at her, his grip on her hand tightening.

 

"TOP...", she gasped again.

 

"What are you doing here?!" he muttered through gritted teeth.

 

"I..."

 

 

"Seunghyun..", Mr Choi whispered.

 

TOP's grip loosened slightly and his gaze softened but he didn't face his father.

 

 

"Seunghyun...", he repeated again.

 

This time TOP's eyes turned into slits and he clenched his jaw tightly, "Shut up", he muttered to his father without looking at him.

 

Bom gasped, "TOP-"

 

"Come with me now!", TOP yanked Bom and pulled her with him out of the club. 

 

 

 

He opened the passenger seat and shoved Bom in before going around and getting into the driver's seat.

 

 

[Music: I'm sorry by Gummy Japanese version]

 

 

 

 

"TOP", Bom spoke up as he sped down the road.

 

TOP gripped onto the steering wheel and pressed the gas pedal.

 

"Listen to me!", she pulled his arm, "TOP!!"

 

But he completely ignored her and stared at the road ahead of him.

 

 

"TOP!!", Bom pulled his arm again, "Let me explain-"

 

TOP suddenly swerved the car to the side of the road and got out slamming the door shut. He kicked the ground angrily and hung his head low trying to calm his breathing.

 

 

Bom watched him for a moment before slowly getting out of the car too. She edged towards him, "...top..."

 

TOP turned to face her, his face stricken with grief.

 

Bom furrowed her brows and looked at him sadly, "...I'm sorry..."

 

He shook his head and turned away.

 

"I was only trying to help-"

 

"Don't be like Minzy please", he muttered.

 

 

Bom took a deep breath, "But Minzy's right...you have a chance-"

 

"A chance? A chance?!!", TOP shouted, "Why would I want to give the man that left me to rot in jail for three years a chance?!!"

 

"TOP", she reached out for him but he stepped back.

 

 

"A chance?!", he scoffed, "What a joke!"

 

 

"Then why did you come there?", Bom asked.

 

TOP paused for a moment.

 

"You wanted to see him too didn't you?", Bom stepped closer to him. 

 

He shook his head and looked away, "No."

 

"You did! That's why you were there!", Bom said sternly.

 

"No!", TOP shouted back, "NO!! Who are you to tell me all this?! What the do you know about me?!!"

 

"NOTHING!" Bom shouted back, "I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOU!"

 

TOP panted silently as he stared at her.

 

"But even I can tell that you miss him!", Bom sighed, "You have a chance to reunite-"

 

"What is it with you all wanting to reunite me with him?!", TOP asked, "I don't give second chances to traitors!!"

 

"I want you reunite with him because if I was given the chance to reconcile with my dad I would!", Bom blurted out as her eyes started to blur from the tears, "If I had the chance to know why my dad did the things he did to me then I would take it! If I knew that there was a tiny shred of hope of being able to forgive him then I WOULD!!"

 

TOP looked at her in shock as she shouted out her true feelings.

 

"I would do anything for the chance you have right now", Bom said quietly looking at the ground now.

 

 

"That's where you and me are different Park Bom", TOP said finally, "For me I survived those 3 years in prison because of my hatred for him."

 

Bom slowly looked up at him.

 

"If I know the reason why he did that to me then I might not hate him....and I want to hate him...I want to hate him till the day I die", TOP muttered, "That's the only way I can live with myself..."

 

Bom blinked the tears away as she looked at the broken man in front of him.

 

TOP looked up at her now, his eyes red from forcing the tears back, "So...let me hate him...please."

 

He looked away and walked past Bom. As he did though Bom reached her arm behind her and grabbed his arm to stop him. TOP didn't turn around, he hated the fact that he'd let someone see him in such a vulnerable state, especially Bom.

Bom on the other hand let the tears roll down her face, her back still facing his back her hand slowly slipped down his arm to his hand where she held it tightly. 

 

TOP closed his eyes and clenched his jaw, wanting to walk away and at the same time not being able to.

 

So this is what he's been living through all his life, how could he be so different and so similar to her at the same time? Bom shook her head slightly.

 

TOP took a deep breath, "...B..bom.."

 

Hearing his broken voice broke her heart and she turned around and while still holding onto his hand hugged him tightly, leaning her chin on his shoulder.

 

TOP startled slightly at the sudden move, but he couldn't find the urge to let her go.

 

Her hand suddenly patted his back supportively, "...you've been through a lot..."

 

TOP clenched his jaw as a tear finally escaped his eye as he stood there in Bom's embrace.