Getting to Know Each Other

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

 

 

*ODAGIRI’S POV*

 

Dinner was done and I was lounging on the couch, watching her wash the dishes.

 

I’ve never met a girl like her before.

Most rich girls would run away from a fight.

________ took down seven grown men in a fight.

Most rich girls would leave me to die in order to save themselves.

________ stayed by my side, refusing to leave me alone with those bastards.

Most rich girls would scream and rant about a barely visible scratch on their face.

________ had a clearly visible mark on her face, yet she hasn’t complained about it yet.

Most rich girls would have a butler do all the cooking.

________ cooked the most amazing food ever, all by herself.

Most rich girls would never touch the dirty dishes.

________ was washing the dishes right now.

 

I continued watching her; curious about why she was so different.

 

“You…” she called over her shoulder.

 

“Hai?”

 

“… are coming to school with me tomorrow,” she finished saying.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You heard me.”

 

“I don’t think so,” I replied hauntingly.

 

“Fine then. I’ll lock all the windows and the doors so that you can’t get out of here until you agree.” She sponged down a dish calmly.

 

“You wouldn’t,” I said in disbelief.

 

She turned to face me, her hands on her hips. “I totally would.” She returned to washing the dishes.

 

I snuck up behind her, dipped my hand into the sink, and splashed water on her, making her screech with surprise. She whirled around on me, disbelief echoing through her eyes as she yanked something off the counter.

 

My injuries prevented me from being able to escape, forcing me to become victim to her spay bottle. While she was busy hosing me down, I flicked more water on her. She cupped her hands under the running stream of the sink and dumped all of it on me, not caring that her tile floor was becoming a lake. I winced as the liquid touched my wounds but continued to immerse her with water.

 

After a few minutes, both of us collapsed onto the ground, laughing.

 

“I can’t believe you did that,” she shook her head, looking at her kitchen.

 

“You’re the one who poured water on me and your kitchen!” I gasped, out of breath.

 

“Oh man.”

 

We kept laughing for several minutes.

 

“Your wounds, are they okay?” She suddenly asked.

 

“It’s fine,” I shrugged.

 

“No, no, no. It’s not okay. That’s got to hurt. I can’t believe I forgot that you’re seriously injured,” she groaned.

 

“I’m really okay!” I tried to protest, but she reached out her hand, helped me up from the slippery ground, and pushed me into the bathroom. She jerked a towel from the cabinet and began to dry my hair for me.

 

I was too surprised to move.

 

Then she left the room and reappeared with more clothes for me to change into. “Dry off and wear this,” she said cheerfully, leaving the room once more. “You can shower if you want to… but I don't encourage that option since that water is going to hurt.”

 

I quickly wiped the water off of my body and changed. I stepped into the hallway and painfully made my way to the living room. She turned to look at me when I entered the room, instantly getting up and helping me sit down.

 

“What are we watching?” I tilted my head to the TV screen.

 

“A Korean drama,” she replied. “It’s called God of Study. The guys are so freaking cute!”

 

I watched her, amused at her fan-girling side that was shining through. Slowly I settled down into the comfortable couch and watched the drama with her. Grudgingly I admitted that it was pretty good, making her smirk.

 

Beautiful my girl! Oh oh Girl, oh oh girl shigani jinado.

 

Her phone rang, causing me to jump.

 

She reached for it hesitantly. “Who would call me at this hour?”

 

I glanced at the clock. It was 8:28 PM. My eyes widened when I realized how fast the time flew by.

 

“Moshi, moshi?” She greeted the other person. “Who is this?”

 

She grew silent at the other person’s response. “What do you want?” She asked coldly.

 

She jumped up from her seat and began pacing around the room. “No! How many times do I have to say no to you before you’ll understand? Do you seriously have to call me and ruin my mood? How’d you get my number anyways? LEAVE ME ALONE!” She slammed the phone down.

 

“Sorry,” she rolled her eyes. “That guy seriously pisses me off.”

 

I didn’t want to annoy her, but I was really curious about that phone call.

 

She looked at me carefully. “That was someone from my old school,” she sighed, answering my unasked question. “He’s such a nuisance and he’s constantly asking me to join his gang.”

 

“Gang?”

 

“Yeah, he’s in some gang that I’ve never heard of,” she snorted.

 

“That reminds me… how are you such a good fighter?” I’d been wondering about that for a while now.

 

She paused for a moment, thinking of an answer. “That’s a secret,” she winked.

 

“Anyways, you’re coming to school with me tomorrow, right?” She unpaused the drama, not bothering to wait for my response.

 

I raised my bandaged arm. “Well… I kinda have trouble moving right now.”

 

“Fine. You can stay home tomorrow. But the second you can walk naturally on your own, you’re coming to school with me!”

 

She returned her attention to the screen once more.

 

I sighed and shook my head, a smile creeping up on my face. This girl was seriously a force of nature.